Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1033998 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
novicee:

Hi, please i would like to know what documents where submitted in lagos, when your husband went for the appointment and which did you send to sheffield. please i'm going to abuja on the 30th Nov.
Thanks.

Hiya,

Oreskid has already typed out all you need to submit at TLS, don't forget the Appendix 2 form will be original not scanned. Then be prepared just incase they decide to interview you briefly via Skype, I heard some people say they didn't do interview recently but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
Cheers.‎

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
@ Faithadunni, u re welcome, but it's takes days before u get a response to the mail, oki doki, God will do the best. Cheerio
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hello everyone... I'd like to say that Santa came early for me... to the glory of God, I have just gotten my passport stamped with multiple entries for EEA family permit visa...
Three things shall I always remember in the month of November every year now... My Birthday, my Wedding Anniversary and the month I got my EEA FP visa. I asked God for a this Visa to be my Birthday gift for this year, and He gave it to me to wish me a belated birthday... grin ... he answers our prayers..

My special thanks go to @Justwise,for his immense tolerance and patience on attending to every concern or questions raised by Visa seekers,especially when the same question is asked over and over again bros, you are too much...I pray that the Almighty God bless and favour you always.. Thanks to @Portsmouth86 for your assistance, I trust and believe that your own visa application shall also end in praise.. everyday when I wake up, I say to myself, " this shall end in praise...I shall not be rejected,i shall be accepted" I even turned it into a song lol.. @newbie715,thanks for calming my nerves when I needed it most ans for crossing toes Nd fingers with me...may God bless you.. and for other gurus, thanks so much everyone for all your contributions and invaluable pieces of information which has been so helpful... 

I got my visa in just three weeks, and I must say,these three weeks seemed like three centuries...I have never been this nervous and anxious before in my life, apart from the first time I got on a plane many years ago...lol... this wait is truly emotionally draining...now I can only imagine what people who have to wait for many months to get a decision go through... phewww!

My timelime:

28th October - Online Application on the 
 My visa was free of charge because am an EEA family member. No IHS fee too. ..Alsocollected my TB test result which was done on the 27th of October 

2nd November - Appointment day/ Biometrics done, I wasn't interviewed on this day...all my documents were collected from me.

4th November - I missed a call from Abuja BHC.

5th November - I got a call from Abuja BHC and a very short interview was conducted. Luckily,when I was asked on the phone when last I saw my husband, I tokd the lady he was in the country at that time, so she asked for his number and I gave him, then my husband  was called a couple of minutes after I was called and was also interviewed .

16th November - I got an email from Admin Review Abuja saying my application was a non-straightforward one and would take more days than it normally would have taken for my application to be processed... I wont lie guys, I was so panicky... nervous and wondered what the email meant but my nerves were calmed by@Justwise, @Portsmouth and @Newbie that it was a standard email sent to applicants to let them know they wouldn't meet up with the stipulated processing time.

20th November - a call was made at my husband's place of work. His Director picked and he was asked if my husband had resumed work, he replied in the affirmative and asked the caller if he wished to speak to my husband,the caller said no, and the call ended.

24th November - I received two emails, the first one informed me that a decision has been made and my passport and documents would soon be dispatched. Second mail came 25 minutes later saying my passport and documents were ready for collection. 

I wasn't in Abuja that day so I had to make my way back to Abuja the following day.i arrived on the 25th but decided to go to TLScontact office the following day.

26th November(today)- I went to TLScontact and my passport and all supporting  documents were given to me. And inside my passport sits the Visa, issued on the 19th of November.
I am so happy. Hubby has already started looking for a flight for me. Can't wait to spend this Christmas season with hubby. 
When I got the decision made email and noticed that the same GWF reference number given to me during application was the same one in the emails... I became sad and concluded that the visa has been denied...because I have read here how some people said that if u don't get a new reference number on the decision email, it means you have been denied...  well, that seems not to be the case with mine. 

I pray that for everyone who is waiting for a decision to be made on their visa application, that you all shall receive positive decisions. I wish you all the best of luck and God's favour. For those intending to apply, if you follow the guidelines laid in this great forum, I promise you, you can never go wrong.  
Thanks everyone once again.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by novicee(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Novicee, u will only submit passport, online print out form and the other two forms and TBS certificate at the application centers with photo pix too then every other documents like communications, marriage certificate, accommodation, etc goes to Sheffield. Just put enough pix and chats too. Hope it's helps

Thanks guys but I never knew the Appendix 2 form would be the original and Oreskid, please can u explain further about "the other two forms" asides d appendix 2 form??
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
U re welcome @ Novicee, talking about the vaf4A form and the appendix 2, that's the two forms I'm talking about with your online form u printed.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2015
Congratulations BabyisUS. I am so happy for you. I can now uncross my fingers fingers toes smiley hurry and come, gear up for the cold though cool All the best.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
newbie715:
Congratulations BabyisUS. I am so happy for you. I can now uncross my fingers fingers toes smiley hurry and come, gear up for the cold though cool All the best.

Hahahaha, thanks darling for your faith in this and your prayers... this is still surreal to me... I am definitely gonna gear up fir the cold... cant wait to be there.... soonest!! grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by novicee(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Oreskid:
U re welcome @ Novicee, talking about the vaf4A form and the appendix 2, that's the two forms I'm talking about with your online form u printed.

Oreskid, sorry, are you saying that after i fill the Settlement(Husband) form online, i still have to fill the VAF4a and Appendix 2 forms as i'm confused.

Thanks to all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
Yes @ Novicee, u will fill both forms and submit at the TLS center with the online form too

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
babyisUS:
Hello everyone... I'd like to say that Santa came early for me... to the glory of God, I have just gotten my passport stamped with multiple entries for EEA family permit visa...
Three things shall I always remember in the month of November every year now... My Birthday, my Wedding Anniversary and the month I got my EEA FP visa. I asked God for a this Visa to be my Birthday gift for this year, and He gave it to me to wish me a belated birthday... grin ... he answers our prayers..

My special thanks go to @Justwise,for his immense tolerance and patience on attending to every concern or questions raised by Visa seekers,especially when the same question is asked over and over again bros, you are too much...I pray that the Almighty God bless and favour you always.. Thanks to @Portsmouth86 for your assistance, I trust and believe that your own visa application shall also end in praise.. everyday when I wake up, I say to myself, " this shall end in praise...I shall not be rejected,i shall be accepted" I even turned it into a song lol.. @newbie715,thanks for calming my nerves when I needed it most ans for crossing toes Nd fingers with me...may God bless you.. and for other gurus, thanks so much everyone for all your contributions and invaluable pieces of information which has been so helpful... 

I got my visa in just three weeks, and I must say,these three weeks seemed like three centuries...I have never been this nervous and anxious before in my life, apart from the first time I got on a plane many years ago...lol... this wait is truly emotionally draining...now I can only imagine what people who have to wait for many months to get a decision go through... phewww!

My timelime:

28th October - Online Application on the 
 My visa was free of charge because am an EEA family member. No IHS fee too. ..Alsocollected my TB test result which was done on the 27th of October 

2nd November - Appointment day/ Biometrics done, I wasn't interviewed on this day...all my documents were collected from me.

4th November - I missed a call from Abuja BHC.

5th November - I got a call from Abuja BHC and a very short interview was conducted. Luckily,when I was asked on the phone when last I saw my husband, I tokd the lady he was in the country at that time, so she asked for his number and I gave him, then my husband  was called a couple of minutes after I was called and was also interviewed .

16th November - I got an email from Admin Review Abuja saying my application was a non-straightforward one and would take more days than it normally would have taken for my application to be processed... I wont lie guys, I was so panicky... nervous and wondered what the email meant but my nerves were calmed by@Justwise, @Portsmouth and @Newbie that it was a standard email sent to applicants to let them know they wouldn't meet up with the stipulated processing time.

20th November - a call was made at my husband's place of work. His Director picked and he was asked if my husband had resumed work, he replied in the affirmative and asked the caller if he wished to speak to my husband,the caller said no, and the call ended.

24th November - I received two emails, the first one informed me that a decision has been made and my passport and documents would soon be dispatched. Second mail came 25 minutes later saying my passport and documents were ready for collection. 

I wasn't in Abuja that day so I had to make my way back to Abuja the following day.i arrived on the 25th but decided to go to TLScontact office the following day.

26th November(today)- I went to TLScontact and my passport and all supporting  documents were given to me. And inside my passport sits the Visa, issued on the 19th of November.
I am so happy. Hubby has already started looking for a flight for me. Can't wait to spend this Christmas season with hubby. 
When I got the decision made email and noticed that the same GWF reference number given to me during application was the same one in the emails... I became sad and concluded that the visa has been denied...because I have read here how some people said that if u don't get a new reference number on the decision email, it means you have been denied...  well, that seems not to be the case with mine. 

I pray that for everyone who is waiting for a decision to be made on their visa application, that you all shall receive positive decisions. I wish you all the best of luck and God's favour. For those intending to apply, if you follow the guidelines laid in this great forum, I promise you, you can never go wrong.  
Thanks everyone once again.

wow finally, so happy for you smiley

and no worries that's what we are here for smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:14am On Nov 27, 2015
justwise:

Not at all, not needed. Payslip and bank statement are more than enough

Thank you, i have noticed alot add them, as i did too haha smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:18am On Nov 27, 2015
Faithadunni:
Hello Everyone, I am just wondering if we have any august applicant in the house still waiting for a reply? They seems to be taking their time with spouse visa from nigeria at present. My husband is in week 13 sad. We did not receive any delay email. Just wondering what is taking them so long.Mscheww lol

just to advise, i recently discovered the 90 days is business days, not inc weekends/public holidays sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2015
Yes @ portsmouth86, a week is 5 working days, then 60 working days is 3 months and 97% of applications are completed within 60 working days while 100% of applications are completed within 90working days.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
Portsmouth86:

wow finally, so happy for you smiley

and no worries that's what we are here for smiley

Thanks dear... my fingers are still crossed for yours as welk smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
@ Portsmouth86 yeah I know oh. Minus bank holiday and weekends will make my husband's application 13 weeks on Monday.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2015
@ Faithadunni, i told u to email Sheffield directly and not MP. MP don't have access to applications and MP went ahead to email Nigeria whereas ur application is transfer to Sheffield already, home office can never loose application u have not contact the right unit that's all.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
@oreskid lol.God knows best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
@ Faithadunni, Ok, have u got a reply from VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk that ur application is missing or just from MP.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:30am On Nov 28, 2015
Faithadunni:
@oreskid lol. MP didn't email nigeria. I have emailed the email address you gave and they still couldnt find it. MP spoke to the decision making center for nigeria in Sheffield and they do that a lot. MP can not influence a decision but they can help you in situations like this. Read their roles. Anyways I just wanted to update you just because you showed interest, Home office do loose applications and documents. Unfortunately this is the case for us at present. God knows best.

Lets hope this is found soon with a positive outcome, thinking of you smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 12:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Oreskid:
Yes @ portsmouth86, a week is 5 working days, then 60 working days is 3 months and 97% of applications are completed within 60 working days while 100% of applications are completed within 90working days.

Wow this seems so long, I think I will just pay for the fast track and try my luck when i submit my application. Guys please in regards to communication messages how many print screen a month do you think is appropriate. I have put two for each month. Also my fiancé used her overdraft in October but still earns more than 18,600 and has been in the job for more than a year, I hope no issue with that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
jangolo:

Wow this seems so long, I think I will just pay for the fast track and try my luck when i submit my application. Guys please in regards to communication messages how many print screen a month do you think is appropriate. I have put two for each month. Also my fiancé used her overdraft in October but still earns more than 18,600 and has been in the job for more than a year, I hope no issue with that.

Overdraft shouldnt be an issue as long as salary is being paid in and bills are being paid, most of the UK has debt/overdrafts some never get out of them.

and i know this to be true as my ex Husband was also non EU and his visa was refused, on minor things and mentioned my account being in the minus, appealed (and won)and the judge said immigration cannot refuse on grounds of an account being overdrawn, this was in 2007 and if it was an issue it would be specified in the appendix FM for financial documents, which i have checked (ctrl F to locate key words)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 2:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Overdraft shouldnt be an issue as long as salary is being paid in and bills are being paid, most of the UK has debt/overdrafts some never get out of them.

and i know this to be true as my ex Husband was also non EU and his visa was refused, on minor things and mentioned my account being in the minus, appealed (and won)and the judge said immigration cannot refuse on grounds of an account being overdrawn, this was in 2007 and if it was an issue it would be specified in the appendix FM for financial documents, which i have checked (ctrl F to locate key words)

Thank you for your reply. Really appreciate it. So you have gone through this process before, you must have good advice on how to while away time while waiting for a decision to be made lol.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
jangolo:

Thank you for your reply. Really appreciate it. So you have gone through this process before, you must have good advice on how to while away time while waiting for a decision to be made lol.

my first wedding was December 2007, i put my appeal in immediately, the hearing wasn't then until November 2008 which of course i won, the face of the HO rep's face smiley (marriage lasted 6 yrs, divorced in 2013)

its a long process i think it would be quicker to save the money and re apply if it comes to that of course and address the reason for refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 5:59am On Nov 30, 2015
jangolo:

Yes its lengthy, best to reapply and address the reasons for refusal, it will be faster then waiting for an appeal I think, however that is each and everyone's own personal choice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 8:08am On Nov 30, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Yes its lengthy, best to reapply and address the reasons for refusal, it will be faster then waiting for an appeal I think, however that is each and everyone's own personal choice.

Yes very true makes sense
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2015
@ Faithadunni, any update from MP or the email address, got a new email address for u today, those are the people who confirms interviews..............Sheffield.VisaSection@fco.gov.uk, hope this helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
Portsmouth86, thanks. I hope you get a good news also.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Faithadunni: 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
@oreskid, thanks but I doubt i will be emailing again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
Hello house
Please do u think they really follow date one intend to travel cos I'm beginning to think the date I chose is really too far..was just thinking because of this 30days thingy they give...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
@ Faithadunni, Hmmm lovely, good. yes got a phone call to attend interview on Dec 4 and also and email was received today that my application is not straight forward and can't be concluded within the customer service targets. Hope they will call u for interview soon. But don't feel VAF means visa granted cos mails I have been receiving are sent with VAF number
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:47am On Dec 03, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Faithadunni, Hmmm lovely, good. yes got a phone call to attend interview on Dec 4 and also and email was received today that my application is not straight forward and can't be concluded within the customer service targets. Hope they will call u for interview soon. But don't feel VAF means visa granted cos mails I have been receiving are sent with VAF number
Hey Oreskid, Wow really surprised that after this long they are asking for an interview why didn't they conduct that earlier. Is this peak period or something? Anyways all the best, you will be fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2015
@ Jangolo, I'm surprise too, i don't know the period they are, thanks so much. Waiting for the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.