Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034334 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2016
tunderule2016:

LMAOOOOO i was teasing you silly... if i was upset i will not be looking forward to hearing from you ... Anyways.... Before the end of the month we will hear good news !!!! i have counted the days and it is not even up 2 30 working days... you are on 34 days now.. i bet they are looking into yours now .

JUST READ SOMEONE STORY ON ANOTHER FORUM I AM ON....

Just want to add my piece here about this experience.

Completing the online portion was easy. It was difficult because a lot of what I read here on what to provide for fiancee visa, I did not include in my application. I felt overprepared as at the appointment I left out half of the documents as it was not on their checklist of what I needed. The officer then kept telling me that what I wanted to send was too much.

It was non priority so I expected 12 weeks. After perusing these forums I noticed I did not send a house inspection of my future in laws home of where I will be staying for a bit after we get married. I also did not provide ANY chat or skype logs. Nothing. Only provided several trips we made together as well as my fiancees 2 trips to Canada and my trip to the UK for xmas.

So of course, I started to panic. I did not prove we kept communication while we've been apart. And I know from reading here that it all depends and varies on who is checking, what else you have provided etc Apparently it was not a big deal as the visa was approved and issued March 23, and I received it today.

The wait, as everyone knows, was absolute torture!

Now you are the bearer of good news!!! I really have been panicking cos I did not put any call logs from our Viber calls. We have to start planning our little get together for when we win this battle. Will you be residing in London.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:40pm On Apr 17, 2016
zinfly:

Now you are the bearer of good news!!! I really have been panicking cos I did not put any call logs from our Viber calls. We have to start planning our little get together for when we win this battle. Will you be residing in London.

I live in cardiff... it is 2 hrs away from london.... I just came home to run this application thingy .... You see God works in wonders... maybe it is because of you i had to copy and paste this...I thought i just wanted to show you a story ... did not know i was trying to encourage you WOW.... Have faith .. this is to tell you not to worry that God is in control.. stay positive.

Sure...Hit me up anytime.. will come to london... most def..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by janykute: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2016
Hi guys,am about to apply for a settlement visa for my wife,just packaged the necessary documents and about to dispatch but I read something about house inspection and would like someone to break it down for me in a lay mans language.I have my tenancy agreement and a covering note from my landlord but I do not know what this house inspection is all about.Someone should please help me out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 3:10pm On Apr 18, 2016
tunderule2016:

I live in cardiff... it is 2 hrs away from london.... I just came home to run this application thingy .... You see God works in wonders... maybe it is because of you i had to copy and paste this...I thought i just wanted to show you a story ... did not know i was trying to encourage you WOW.... Have faith .. this is to tell you not to worry that God is in control.. stay positive.

Sure...Hit me up anytime.. will come to london... most def..

Oh wow I lived in Cardiff for over 10 years. I Went to Cardiff university and my mum and brother lives there but I moved to London for work. We would surely meet up then. I got a reply and they said no update. It's very generic and seems system generated. I don't think it's a maned service. Gods speed for us.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2016
janykute:
Hi guys,am about to apply for a settlement visa for my wife,just packaged the necessary documents and about to dispatch but I read something about house inspection and would like someone to break it down for me in a lay mans language.I have my tenancy agreement and a covering note from my landlord but I do not know what this house inspection is all about.Someone should please help me out.

Inspection not needed .... but this two below is important ...

Accommodation
Sponsor’s Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord

so you are fine..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2016
zinfly:

Oh wow I lived in Cardiff for over 10 years. I Went to Cardiff university and my mum and brother lives there but I moved to London for work. We would surely meet up then. I got a reply and they said no update. It's very generic and seems system generated. I don't think it's a maned service. Gods speed for us.

WOW.... I guess meeting will be most def then.... I finished from RGU, Aberdeen... but my second masters was at Swansea University... l Like cardiff very much.... Hmmm I dont think the answer is generic , i think they have not opened our application at all... If you look at the bottom, you will find the name of the person that answered your query.

From my searches... i think they just started attending to March applications. Before the end of the month we will hear something by his grace... I will email them again on friday for update.... Honestly, God knows best .....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2016
janykute:

Inspection not needed .... but this two below is important ...

Accommodation
Sponsor’s Tenancy agreement
Letter from landlord

so you are fine..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2016
janykute:

Property inspection report is a requirement if you live in a shared accommodation. it is used to show if accommodation is sufficient to house the extra person(s) on the application or the extra person (s) will lead to overcrowded accomodation
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2016
blza:

Property inspection report is a requirement if you live in a shared accommodation. it is used to show if accommodation is sufficient to house the extra person(s) on the application or the extra person (s) will lead to overcrowded accomodation

Firstly, you landlord has confirmed the apartment and in the letter your landlord has welcomed the third party. That is what matters... it is not in the requirement of the Home office that you should do inspection..... If you feel you want to include it , then go ahead.. but it is not a necessity ... there are some documents that are necessity .. for accommodation it is Tenancy agreement and u also have utility bill which will be showing your name...

good luck!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 2:11am On Apr 19, 2016
Hi everyone,
I v been following this thread for sometime now, I need an advice as regards my situation right now
I met my EU spouse about 3 yrs now and got married last yr
I applied for eea family permit and was given 6 months eea family permit meanwhile I stated in my application that I was going to join my spouse but cos of some circumstances and I need to tidy up somethings at my place of work, the permit has expired after using it once.
My questions are;
-Can I renew my eea family permit?
-won't their be any problem while renewing cos I stated before that I would join my spouse and ll it not question how genuine our relationship is.
-will the issue of this brexit not affect the benefit of non eea applying for family permit.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2016
johnwick1:
Hi everyone,
I v been following this thread for sometime now, I need an advice as regards my situation right now
I met my EU spouse about 3 yrs now and got married last yr
I applied for eea family permit and was given 6 months eea family permit meanwhile I stated in my application that I was going to join my spouse but cos of some circumstances and I need to tidy up somethings at my place of work, the permit has expired after using it once.
My questions are;
-Can I renew my eea family permit?
-won't their be any problem while renewing cos I stated before that I would join my spouse and ll it not question how genuine our relationship is.
-will the issue of this brexit not affect the benefit of non eea applying for family permit.

Sure you can renew the family permit as long as your EEA spouse is still in the UK. All you need is the same document you used in the first application and explain in a cover letter the reasons behind your return to Nigeria. In any case the Family permit either to join/accompany spouse is just 6 months. Next time you enter the UK apply for the 5 years UK EEA resident card which will be issued to you within 6 months.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Preet3: 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2016
Hi all I like to share my spouse visa appeal share with all of u. I apply my appeal in October and ring today in court and tribunal respond me back I need to wait end of this year then they gonna let me know the court date . I like share with u guys pls appeal take to much time I think better reapply again if someone refused spouse visa. Any advised pls welcome thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2016
tunderule2016:

Firstly, you landlord has confirmed the apartment and in the letter your landlord has welcomed the third party. That is what matters... it is not in the requirement of the Home office that you should do inspection..... If you feel you want to include it , then go ahead.. but it is not a necessity ... there are some documents that are necessity .. for accommodation it is Tenancy agreement and u also have utility bill which will be showing your name...

good luck!!!

Thunderule, how sure are you on this? Or you making an assumption? Did you read that I stated it is essential for people living in shared accommodation? Provision when required, is in the interest of the applicant. You may want to read list of supporting docs HO recommend to prove sufficient accommodation.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:37am On Apr 20, 2016
blza:

Thunderule, how sure are you on this? Or you making an assumption? Did you read that I stated it is essential for people living in shared accommodation? Provision when required, is in the interest of the applicant. You may want to read list of supporting docs HO recommend to prove sufficient accommodation.

As i said i am 100% sure. please read the section of Accomodation details ...and tell me if i am sure again... if you want to go ahead with your inspection good luck with the pounds spending .... to MAMA CHARLIE....

I believe you can see it says .. ""YOU MAY WISH'" and secondly it says "" THIS COULD INCLUDE"" it never said it includes all so please i know what i am saying ... I have submitted more than 3 applications and i know what i am saying. Your utility bills supports your landlord letter and your house agreement. Enjoy the list below and the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise
that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.

Details of the accommodation that you
and your sponsor intend to live in and
permission for you to stay there along
with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord
confirming that you are able to stay there
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 7:30am On Apr 20, 2016
tunderule2016:

As i said i am 100% sure. please read the section of Accomodation details ...and tell me if i am sure again... if you want to go ahead with your inspection good luck with the pounds spending .... to MAMA CHARLIE....

I believe you can see it says .. ""YOU MAY WISH'" and secondly it says "" THIS COULD INCLUDE"" it never said it includes all so please i know what i am saying ... I have submitted more than 3 applications and i know what i am saying. Your utility bills supports your landlord letter and your house agreement. Enjoy the list below and the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Accommodation details
You may wish to submit any of the following documents to provide us with evidence of your accommodation. We advise
that you do not make any payments for accommodation, travel and so on until you have received your visa.

Details of the accommodation that you
and your sponsor intend to live in and
permission for you to stay there along
with evidence of any other occupants
This could include:
 Land Registry documents
 mortgage statements
 rent book or tenancy agreement
 council tax statements
 property inspection report
 utilities bills
 accommodation details with a supporting letter from the occupant/ landlord
confirming that you are able to stay there

They he goes again grin ... I don't hv time to engage in war of words. Neither do I need the links to guides because I am fully aware of the wordings and requirements. HO provides list of possible docs that can be used in support of an application BUT the onus is on the applicant to provide documents based on their personal circumstance.

landlord letter /utility bill /tenancy aggrement does not suffice when it comes to SHARED accommodation. When an accommodation is being shared by multiple people, the first thing that comes to mind is "OVERCROWDING". So the ECO wants to know IF the dwelling will be overcrowded or not by the addition of an extra person(s). The report is carried out by surveyors who states details of people in the property, no of rooms/dimensions and if property is already over crowded or will be with the addition of the new tenant(s).

Listen, even if you miss out the "most important document", HO will still process your application . The end result is what matters right? . It is best not to leave room for refusals. Hence you hear the famous say "make your application water tight" so I will always advise an applicant to provide a useful document. And for shared accommodations , PIR is. It doesn't mean it's an instant refusal if not provided but it could lead to a refusal.

Sorry I am not an applicant neither will I be making any application..lol . the advise was in response to the OP who wanted to know about PIR.

You seem to brag about having submitted several applications ... hmm , and I believe your previous have been refused? I don't care to know the details or why it was refused anyway. But my point is that because you submitted an application to HO and awaiting an outcome doesn't make you a know all. Maybe after a successful application . Even at that, application should best be handled based on personal circumstance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:29am On Apr 20, 2016
blza:

They he goes again grin ... I don't hv time to engage in war of words. Neither do I need the links to guides because I am fully aware of the wordings and requirements. HO provides list of possible docs that can be used in support of an application BUT the onus is on the applicant to provide documents based on their personal circumstance.

landlord letter /utility bill /tenancy aggrement does not suffice when it comes to SHARED accommodation. When an accommodation is being shared by multiple people, the first thing that comes to mind is "OVERCROWDING". So the ECO wants to know IF the dwelling will be overcrowded or not by the addition of an extra person(s). The report is carried out by surveyors who states details of people in the property, no of rooms/dimensions and if property is already over crowded or will be with the addition of the new tenant(s).

Listen, even if you miss out the "most important document", HO will still process your application . The end result is what matters right? . It is best not to leave room for refusals. Hence you hear the famous say "make your application water tight" so I will always advise an applicant to provide a useful document. And for shared accommodations , PIR is. It doesn't mean it's an instant refusal if not provided but it could lead to a refusal.

Sorry I am not an applicant neither will I be making any application..lol . the advise was in response to the OP who wanted to know about PIR.

You seem to brag about having submitted several applications ... hmm , and I believe your previous have been refused? I don't care to know the details or why it was refused anyway. But my point is that because you submitted an application to HO and awaiting an outcome doesn't make you a know all. Maybe after a successful application . Even at that, application should best be handled based on personal circumstance.

BRAG!!! really is that bragging .. it is called experience .. anyways it is pointless to say much if you consider what i have said as bragging. Listen if you can read through my post i have two masters obviously it means 2 application and secondly my third one was settlement ... glad now ... Stop being negative and more also, Point of advice... when you read messages you can never predict the way a writer is writing you can only assume... That is why there is a saying.... people read meaning to the same message differently....

Your latter messages and i quote (Thunderule, how sure are you on this? Or you making an assumption?) and i just showed you a link and now you disputing the link ...

please know we are all helping each other through our experience and previous applications stories. I have been through so many forums and other countries help each other in the forum by giving there experience and knowledge , not condemning and throwing accusation. I am not an Immigration expat but i can give my advise in the forum as much as you could too... dont throw fingers and more also read the rules of the forum if that refreshes you about rules and regulations!!!

Have a blessed Day!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by johnwick1: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2016
ekpotek:

Sure you can renew the family permit as long as your EEA spouse is still in the UK. All you need is the same document you used in the first application and explain in a cover letter the reasons behind your return to Nigeria. In any case the Family permit either to join/accompany spouse is just 6 months. Next time you enter the UK apply for the 5 years UK EEA resident card which will be issued to you within 6 months.
Thank you for ur prompt response however, I got another question to ask which goes thus;
assuming I apply for 5yrs UK resident card which u said ll take up to 6 month, what if I want to travel out of UK before that 6 months period, Is it possible to request for a pass from immigration?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ekpotek: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2016
johnwick1:

Thank you for ur prompt response however, I got another question to ask which goes thus;
assuming I apply for 5yrs UK resident card which u said ll take up to 6 month, what if I want to travel out of UK before that 6 months period, Is it possible to request for a pass from immigration?

When you return to the UK and apply for resident card. The home office will within 3 weeks reply you with a Certificate of Application letter. This COA is like a temporary permit that allow you to work while your application is under processing. The resident card can be stamp on your passport/ or plastic card. If your passport is with home office, you will need to write to them to release your passport to you travel out of the UK and renter the UK with your family permit. This wil not affect your application. My advise is just sacrifice and wait for 6 months for your RC or continue to renew your FP to enter and renter the UK until you are family ready so settle down in the UK
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:33am On Apr 21, 2016
Hey Ladies/Gents

The property inspection report:

This really depends on the type of tenancy/ownership

A PIR is something usually a home owner supplies and is not needed for rentals, rented accommodation all you need is a tenancy agreement, a letter from the landlord/lady and a few bills, if the property should be all inclusive then this will be shown in the tenancy and the letter from the said landlord/lady then you supply other forms of correspondence received at the property in the sponsors name i.e HMRC/NHS/DVLA letter to tighten the accommodation evidence smiley

I rent privately and did NOT get a property report, my husband was issued his spouse visa without any issues

( I have been married before where I lived in a shared house back in 2007 and my ex husband was granted a visa (after an appeal) nothing about the accommodation caused an issue, which I did not supply a report then either)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Midazman(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2016
Dear All,
Kindly advise on process and requirements for spouse visa to uk.
I've been married to my british-nigerian wife for 9yrs.
She's based here in nigeria with me.

what's the best way to deal?

experienced ones,- pls advise.
thanks a million
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2016
Good afternoon house,Please I need to know if the priority service can be payed for in CASH before doing my biometric ,because my wife is submitting the online application over there in the UK and it seems it not available online for her over there in the UK .so I want to know how the priority service is done in Nigeria .is the payment for the priority payed for online or CASH.Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Good afternoon house,Please I need to know if the priority service can be payed for in CASH before doing my biometric ,because my wife is submitting the online application over there in the UK and it seems it not available online for her over there in the UK .so I want to know how the priority service is done in Nigeria .is the payment for the priority payed for online or CASH.Thank you

Apparently you can do that at visa center during application submission, so i guess its cash payment.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2016
Midazman:

Dear All,

thanks a million

Hello bruv......

I believe you can go down the route of Spouse Visa... (settlement) But it is the financial requirement that will be tricky..
Are you salaried or unsalaried? It is important to know your situation before anyone can explain.

I need to know your employment and her employment then i can give my view...

stay blessed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2016
Midazman:

Dear All,

thanks a million

Your wife needs to move to the UK first, get a job, a house and work for at least 6months ( i think) before filling for you.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2016
Midazman:

Dear All,

thanks a million

I hope this helps..... and more also .. their is a link below that will guide you in understanding few things about your situation..

Requirements of the applicant intending to join their spouse/civil partner in the UK

The requirements for the applicant intending to join their spouse/civil partner in the UK may at first glance appear to be simple; however in reality when preparing the application the opposite is often the case.

You, the applicant should qualify to apply for a spouse/civil partner visa if you are able to demonstrate the following:

You are both at least 21 years of age.
You have met your spouse or civil partner previously.
You are legally married to your spouse or you are in a civil partnership recognised in the UK.
Your spouse or civil partner is present and settled in the UK.
You and your spouse/civil partner both intend to live together permanently.
You are able to meet the minimum income requirements

You are able to meet the English language requirement
You have adequate accommodation for yourself and any dependants which is owned/rented by yourselves without assistance from UK public funds.

Present and settled in the UK [/b]
Applicants are required to demonstrate that the spouse or civil partner they intend to join is present and settled in the UK. This means that the settled person must be physically present in the UK at the time of the application, unless they are accompanying or joining the applicant and wish to make the UK their home.

Present and settled means that the individual in the UK is settled (i.e. indefinite leave to remain, British citizenship or right of abode), and at the same time that an application is made, is physically present in the UK or is coming here with or to join the applicant and intends to make the UK their home with the applicant - if the application is successful.

Please note that a British Citizen who has been resident overseas but who now intends to return to the UK to live can be regarded as present and settled in the UK.

[b]Both parties intend to live together permanently

The applicant and spouse/civil partner must be able to demonstrate that there is a clear intention to live permanently with each other and there is a strong commitment from both sides.

Evidence to support this intention could be a letter from both parties formally declaring that they are married/in a civil partnership and intend to live together at a given address which is owned/occupied by the sponsor in the UK.

Please note that the Entry Clearance Officer may ask questions regarding the address or description of the place of residence in the UK. This is to confirm that the applicant has all the right intentions to live together with the spouse/civil partner.

How to meet the Income requirements can be complex depending on circumstances

These can include:

Bank Statements.
Pay slips.
Letter from the employer(s).
Employment contract.
Financial Statements / Annual Accounts of the business (if sponsor is self employed).
Tax documents.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and the supporting evidence will in fact depend on the applicant’s/sponsor’s individual circumstances.

Sufficient accommodation without recourse to public funds
Evidence of arranged/suitable accommodation will be very important for the application.

Appropriate evidence can include:

Tenancy agreement; OR
Land Registry Certificate/Mortgage Papers.
Sometimes it is useful to have a letter from the local council confirming the number of rooms and the facilities / amenities available to confirm there will be no overcrowding in the accommodation.

These documents must be supported by the bank statements of the sponsor to prove that they have sufficient funds to rent/own the accommodation without assistance from UK public funds.

Supporting Documents

In order to be able to demonstrate that you satisfy the above requirements, you will need to provide supporting documentation.

Please note that It is possible for application to be refused due to the lack of supporting evidence which in many cases is simply just overlooked by the applicant. Although the refusal of a spouse/civil partner visa triggers a right of appeal, unfortunately the process may just take too long to be considered by the Entry Clearance Manager or the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) and therefore it is crucial that the application is prepared well from the outset.

It is advised to pay careful attention to even the most minor details before submitting your application under the spouse/civil partner category.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-partners-set04/civil-partners-set04#set44-what-is-present-and-settled
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Midazman(m): 2:11pm On Apr 22, 2016
tunderule2016:

Hello bruv......

I believe you can go down the route of Spouse Visa... (settlement) But it is the financial requirement that will be tricky..
Are you salaried or unsalaried? It is important to know your situation before anyone can explain.

I need to know your employment and her employment then i can give my view...

stay blessed

thanks..we are both salaried worker in lagos.
kindly advise.

thnks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2016
Midazman:

thanks..we are both salaried worker in lagos.
kindly advise.

thnks

You welcome .. please read and open the link and statement i posted above... However, as the British sponsor (your wife), she should have had a job paying 18,600 + in her current job (in nigeria) and have a further job paying that much secured in the UK, to start within 3 months of your move.

Do you meet the financial requirement?

NOTE!! the UK uses this as currency converter..

https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Important Note

Your wife doesn't have to return to UK provided they have a UK job offer earning at least £18,600 starting within 3 months of returning. If she has no job offer, then she will have to return home and find and work for at least 6 months before she can sponsor you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2016
tunderule2016:

You welcome .. please read and open the link and statement i posted above... However, as the British sponsor (your wife), she should have had a job paying 18,600 + in her current job (in nigeria) and have a further job paying that much secured in the UK, to start within 3 months of your move.

Do you meet the financial requirement?

NOTE!! the UK uses this as currency converter..

https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Important Note

Your wife doesn't have to return to UK provided they have a UK job offer earning at least £18,600 starting within 3 months of returning. If she has no job offer, then she will have to return home and find and work for at least 6 months before she can sponsor you.

She don't have to return to the Uk? So with the 3moths job offer where will she be working from?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2016
justwise:

She don't have to return to the Uk? So with the 3moths job offer where will she be working from?

She has a job here in nigeria... so if for example for date sake she is meant to start July 30th in uk her new job; she will put in notice here obviously which she can end on or before july and start the other in uk at the required date...

Because under the categories of financial requirement it explains alot , cheers..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

5.2. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –
overseas sponsor returning to the UK

5.2.1. Where the applicant’s partner is returning with the applicant to the UK to work, they must
meet two requirements to rely on Category A:
 First, the applicant’s partner must be in employment at the date of application and
have been with the same employer for at least 6 months prior to the date of
application. They must have been paid throughout that period of 6 months at a level
of gross annual salary or income which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in
the application. Their gross annual salary or employment income can be combined

Please read more on the PDF...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2016
tunderule2016:

She has a job here in nigeria... so if for example for date sake she is meant to start July 30th in uk her new job; she will put in notice here obviously which she can end on or before july and start the other in uk at the required date...

Because under the categories of financial requirement it explains alot , cheers..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

5.2.1. Where the applicant’s partner is returning with the applicant to the UK to work, they must
 First, the applicant’s partner must be in employment at the date of application and
application. They must have been paid throughout that period of 6 months at a level
of gross annual salary or income which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in

So she has to return to the UK then?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2016
tunderule2016:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system
/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

Ok o, apart from the financial requirement, how will she proof she meets accommodation requirement etc. I will advice the sponsor relocate to UK for about 6 months and they can then apply.
All these people looks for ways to deny applications, and thinking of d cost of application and lenght of appeal. I will advice it's better for sponsor to go back to UK, v evidence of good accommodation details..etc.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:56am On Apr 23, 2016
Midazman:

Dear All,

thanks a million

Is she intending to relocate back to the uk? Or she is remaining in Nigeria, but you want to use her British status based in Nigeria, to apply for a spouse visa? Or you are both intending to relocate back to the uk? Is she actively employed or self employed in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.