Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,470 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026790 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lashani01: 10:42am On May 22, 2016
We submitted on line application on 3rd March but biometrics was submitted on the 24th March. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:24am On May 22, 2016
12 weeks starts from Biometric... so start planning for a long wait... hopefully u might get lucky .. good luck!!!

lashani01:
hello all happy sunday,

i just wanted to find out does the 12 week (non priority application) wait start once the application has been submitted online or does it start after the biometric appointment. really confused

thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:26am On May 22, 2016
Between now and 11th week you will hear something ... and if you do not ... then you are one of the people that do not require interview... I have seen a lot of people who did not get interviewed and received their visa.... stay positive sister... it is well.... less than 2 weeks to go ...

egal22:

Happy sunday and sunday blessings...
My spouse is living in london area but has not been called for interview and we are inthe 10th week. Anyway we hope for the best. No refunds yet for us.
Happy sunday celebrations everyone
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:27am On May 22, 2016
9 weeks for u friday 27th.... Good luck.

lashani01:
We submitted on line application on 3rd March but biometrics was submitted on the 24th March. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 11:57am On May 22, 2016
Please ppl applying for Visiting Visa... i will advice you to add a buffer to any exchange rate you see online now to do your calculations. I just saw two refusal letters now and it shocked me that the UKBA used 1 pounds = 308 naira OMG!!!!

So please be on the safe side use high rate when doing your calculations... this ppl are just finding different route to deny US... see attachment to what i am saying... ABEG OOO Take note....

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 7:07pm On May 22, 2016
tunderule2016:
Between now and 11th week you will hear something ... and if you do not ... then you are one of the people that do not require interview... I have seen a lot of people who did not get interviewed and received their visa.... stay positive sister... it is well.... less than 2 weeks to go ...

Ok thanks a lot and stay blessed in this new week....hoping for the best this week.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 8:08pm On May 22, 2016
deept:
QUick question: I am coming back to Nigeria from the Uk after a visit and bringing everything I need from my sponsor to submit the whole package, is that ok?
We submited all our documents in the UK.. as its processed in Shefield it made sense to send it straighr from here. Hubby had to send me his Uni Cert (for the English test) and TB cert from Nigeria after his bio.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 4:08pm On May 24, 2016
Hello my lexus friend...

the party is @ ZINFLY house ... her husband has received her visa(Settlement) today .... so the PARI is at her place lolol as u asked before.. lol

Lexusgs430:

Ehen, a clear case of priority application. How would UK Government (lovers of taxation), justify priority vs normal application?
When I talk Madam zinfly would give me red card!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 4:30pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=tunderule2016 post=45928784]Hello my lexus friend...

the party is @ ZINFLY house ... her husband has received her visa(Settlement) today .... so the PARI is at her place lolol as u asked before.. lol

[/quote
Wow....congratulations Zinfly.....when did you submit? That's really a goodnews. cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 4:36pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
Hello my lexus friend...

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 4:37pm On May 24, 2016
Yes i am so happy for her... she submitted on March 1st .... it is exactly 12 weeks.... so keep faith my sister it is well..

[quote author=egal22 post=45929401][/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:52pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
Hello my lexus friend...

Congratulations Madam Zinfly. But hold on o, y be say nah tunderule2016 dey give us the good news?
Oga tunderule2016, no let Oga catch u o, abi you b Madam Zinfly Secretary abi tsetse fly don bite zinfly?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 4:57pm On May 24, 2016
CHISOS!!!!! lexsus u never cease to amaze me ... lol. Imagine i come give u news now u dey tease me again... see human being oo lolol...
Na Chisos go help u ... hope u r good though bruv....i don xhange u to lezsus....lol

Lexusgs430:

Congratulations Madam Zinfly. But hold on o, y be say nah tunderule2016 dey give us the good news?
Oga tunderule2016, no let Oga catch u o, abi you b Madam Zinfly Secretary abi tsetse fly don bite zinfly?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 5:26pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
Yes i am so happy for her... she submitted on March 1st .... it is exactly 12 weeks.... so keep faith my sister it is well..

Ok thanks and am happy for her as well....they want to justify the standard visa applications...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 5:33pm On May 24, 2016
Yes they want to justify it .. and also... if it is settlement there is BRP factor.... they kind of consider it ...there is NEW BRP rules for overseas applicants. Here is the international rollout schedule for biometric resident permits for overseas applicants for visas of longer than 6 months. Once a country goes live you will receive a temporary vignette in your passport which gives you 30 days from the visa issue date to travel to the UK and you have 10 days after arrival to collect your BRP from a designated post office.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...chedule_v2.pdf

Information on BRP for overseas applicants:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...RP_leaflet.pdf

egal22:

Ok thanks and am happy for her as well....they want to justify the standard visa applications...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:08pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
CHISOS!!!!! lexsus u never cease to amaze me ... lol. Imagine i come give u news now u dey tease me again... see human being oo lolol...
Na Chisos go help u ... hope u r good though bruv....i don xhange u to lezsus....lol

I dey o. How your week? When una travel finish, make una no forget to send us canned tomatoes.
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 6:20pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
Yes they want to justify it .. and also... if it is settlement there is BRP factor.... they kind of consider it ...there is NEW BRP rules for overseas applicants. Here is the international rollout schedule for biometric resident permits for overseas applicants for visas of longer than 6 months. Once a country goes live you will receive a temporary vignette in your passport which gives you 30 days from the visa issue date to travel to the UK and you have 10 days after arrival to collect your BRP from a designated post office.

Here is for 2015 i will try and search for 2016 later.. but they will be similar though

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/418544/BRP_International_Rollout_Schedule_v2.pdf

Oh really shocked thanks for the info although am having problem viewing the links here....please in what sense are they considering BRP along with 12weeks. Pls let me know am just curious but patiently waiting. cheesy

Information on BRP for overseas applicants:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/492617/OA_BRP_Leaflet__OLF_.pdf

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:27pm On May 24, 2016
LMAOOO... u want tomatoes... ok no worry .. HOW MANY CARATS of tomatoes u want? lol

Lexusgs430:

I dey o. How your week? When una travel finish, make una no forget to send us canned tomatoes.
Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:09pm On May 24, 2016
tunderule2016:
LMAOOO... u want tomatoes... ok no worry .. HOW MANY CARATS of tomatoes u want? lol

Who no want tomatoes, this one wey tomatoes don expensive pass Apple?
Has many has you fit send. LOLZ
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lashani01: 10:31pm On May 24, 2016
thank you for your response and well done to @Zinfly
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 11:18pm On May 24, 2016
Gents, pls how much is the IHS surcharge for this visa! ? I calculate #600 but it keeps asking me to pay $2736, anybody had that problem?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 5:57am On May 25, 2016
tunderule2016:
Hello my lexus friend...

Congrats Zinfly...so happy for you!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 5:57am On May 25, 2016
tunderule2016:
Hello my lexus friend...

Congrats Zinfly...so happy for her!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 9:15am On May 25, 2016
Congrats zinfly.happy for u.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 9:27am On May 25, 2016
Good morning All.
Which form shall I fill in and submit it with passport to embassy. Is it the same what I filled in firstly. must I fill in it exactly like first one?
Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 10:52am On May 25, 2016
I guess I look like a total ingrate for not posting but I have not been able to post on nairaland for 2 days as it keeps giving an error message. it all up and running now.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 11:06am On May 25, 2016
Thanks Tunderule for sharing this on my behalf. I am so happy and It's still all surreal to me as this is the start of a new chapter in my life. I have known my hubby for 13years and married for three and it's all been distance relationship.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 11:08am On May 25, 2016
I am sincerely grateful to my nairaland family. With lexusugs430 and tunderule you don't need an immigration lawyer. Lexus your tomato dey sea. I will be back to post my timeline shortly. Thank you everyone!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by zinfly: 11:11am On May 25, 2016
For all those waiting it will be all over in exactly 12 weeks. For those about to apply, do yourself a favour and pay priority. the wait is gut wrenching. I cant wait to celebrate with you all. God bless

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 2:43pm On May 25, 2016
deept:
Gents, pls how much is the IHS surcharge for this visa! ? I calculate #600 but it keeps asking me to pay $2736, anybody had that problem?

corrected

zinfly:
For all those waiting it will be all over in exactly 12 weeks. For those about to apply, do yourself a favour and pay priority. the wait is gut wrenching. I cant wait to celebrate with you all. God bless

congrat
zinfly:

congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by egal22: 2:57pm On May 25, 2016
zinfly:

Congrats once again...God bless and waiting for your timeline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.