Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,824 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1033027 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mrsbebe: 9:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hi Everyone,..

Please i need answers for the below questions :

1) whats are the documents i need to take with me to biometrics, and do they collect it from me?
2) Hubby wants to apply from the uk, what documents do i send and am i sending the documents to Him or sending it straight to sheffied.
3) Is the process faster if we apply from the uk or from nigeria.
4)Do i have to send any documents to sheffield mysef or hubby will be doing that including my passport.
Mbok, biko, mbinu.. I need urgent answers cos i cant find them on the thread. @justwise and everyone.. Am waiting. Thanks n God bless.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Everyone,..

1) whats are the documents i need to take with me to biometrics, and do they collect it from me?
2) Hubby wants to apply from the uk, what documents do i send and am i sending the documents to Him or sending it straight to sheffied.
4)Do i have to send any documents to sheffield mysef or hubby will be doing that including my passport.
Mbok, biko, mbinu.. I need urgent answers cos i cant find them on the thread. @justwise and everyone.. Am waiting. Thanks n God bless.

I wanted to answer your question then I saw the section in bold. Obviously you did not read this thread because all the questions you asked above have been answered here. Portsmouth86 and many others who got their visas gave detailed info about documents they submitted and timelines...I mean just about anything you need to know

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Glory be to God all mighty ....this has been a long time coming but on the 29th July I received my passport with entry clearance level to the United Kingdom.

We paid for priority but due to previous applications made in uk that had been rejected this meant priority was void. BUT the wait was worth it.

To the main guys on this forum you know yourselves God bless you all. Thanks for setting up such a forum because if it wasn't for all the things we read here this message I am sending would not have been the case.

I will post my time line in bit.. and just to let you know this message was typed from the confort of my home in london bless you all tongue grin

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Please i need you guys advice.

A brief context: I was refused visit visa in April. My fault actually. I didn't include our marriage certificate and our daughter's birth certificate.

I will be applying for spouse visa sometime next month. My wife (holds ILR) and our one year old daughter (British Nigerian) are both resident in the UK. We attended the same University here in Nigeria and got married in 2014.

So, we have enough proof of relationship: pictures, chats, Skype call log, wedding certificate. She earns more than 18,600. I have the IELTS Life Skills Certificate. I will be doing the TB test soon.

My headache now is the accommodation requirement. She lives in a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment with her dad (British Nigerian). The house is a rented apartment and it is in her dad's name. Meanwhile, i used the house as accommodation in my refused visit visa in April and no mention was made of it in the refusal letter. Green light
My father-in-law landed in Nigeria a few days ago and he is not going back until the end of this year.

We would like to use this apartment to fulfil the accommodation requirement for spouse visa.

We plan to get a written letter from him giving his consent and permission for me to stay in the apartment for a few months after i arrive. In addition, we will attach his return ticket as proof that he wont be returning until later this year.

Please is it wise to use this apartment? The cost of the spouse visa application is not a joke.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2016
If you have been refused a visitors visa to the UK before, does that mean priority service wont work for you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2016
abubarakat:
Hello Everyone,

Please i need you guys advice.

A brief context: I was refused visit visa in April. My fault actually. I didn't include our marriage certificate and our daughter's birth certificate.

I will be applying for spouse visa sometime next month. My wife (holds ILR) and our one year old daughter (British Nigerian) are both resident in the UK. We attended the same University here in Nigeria and got married in 2014.

So, we have enough proof of relationship: pictures, chats, Skype call log, wedding certificate. She earns more than 18,600. I have the IELTS Life Skills Certificate. I will be doing the TB test soon.

My headache now is the accommodation requirement. She lives in a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment with her dad (British Nigerian). The house is a rented apartment and it is in her dad's name. Meanwhile, i used the house as accommodation in my refused visit visa in April and no mention was made of it in the refusal letter. Green light
My father-in-law landed in Nigeria a few days ago and he is not going back until the end of this year.

We would like to use this apartment to fulfil the accommodation requirement for spouse visa.

We plan to get a written letter from him giving his consent and permission for me to stay in the apartment for a few months after i arrive. In addition, we will attach his return ticket as proof that he wont be returning until later this year.

Please is it wise to use this apartment? The cost of the spouse visa application is not a joke.

Una dey plan to kidnap the old man for Nigeria ? His return ticket stating his departure late in the year, is no provision that he cannot pay the airlines penalty, and change his departure date to a much earlier date.
With regards your wives present housing arrangements, don't try to circumvent the accomodation process, simply pay an inspector to verify the suitability of the accomadation (once bitten twice shy).
As stated, cost of that settlement visa no be joke.................... Money wey pesin fit take buy motor, na hin oyinbo wan take dey drink tea, coffee + puffpuff, and still not issue the visa !!!!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Everyone,..

as per @Justwise

here is my evidence I submitted

Hi All
I thought I would give my list of evidence I am about to post onto Sheffield, for my husband’s Spouse visa.

• Front cover sheet with my husbands full name and GWF number

• Brief letter about the file and sections.

Section 1: Application documents- (NOTE HUBBY IS SENDING HIS ORIGINALS FROM VI)
Table of contents
• Introduction letter combined both Hubby and I
• Copy of Husbands passport data page
• Copy of my Husband’s visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Copy of a Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• Copy of all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Copy of TB certificate
• Copy of IELTS
Section 2: Maintenance (Financial):
table of contents page
• Employment letter, confirming gross salary, shift allowance, permanent, length of service and job title. Dated 26th October
• Job offer and contract of employment
• Letter confirming increase in availability
• Payslips 6 months
• P60s 2014 & 2015
• Bank statements for NatWest Platinum Current account-6 months
• Bank statements for NatWest Select Current account- 6 months
Section 3: Accommodation:
Table of contents
• Letter from landlady- confirming hubby can reside at the apartment which she owns, and stated the rent will remain the same.
• Tenancy agreement
• Council tax bills
• Electricity bills 3 months
• BT bills 6 months
• TV licence up to date licence printout from online
• Water bills x2 (fresh & waste)
• Photos and birds eye view floor planner
Section 4: Relationship Evidence:
Table of contents
• Marriage certificate (original and copy)
• Divorce Decree of Absolute.
• Original copy of my own birth certificate( could not find my one from birth so obtained an official copy from Portsmouth registry office)
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form (was unsure if to fill this out )
• 3x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• Azimo receipts of money sent only small like (£25 here or there)
• 3x scanned Nigeria visa pages of my passport, and my data pages.
• Hotel confirmation and receipts for shoprite, pharmacy and cinema.
• Mobile phone top ups sent to hubbys mobile since June 2014, once a month.
• Rebtel Call logs from 10th July 2014-12th November 2015
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015- Nov 2015 ( new phone in July so backed up by Facebook chats)
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2014-August 2015
• photos form each time I have traveled to Nigeria (3 times) including some wedding photos

I hope this is everything now smiley Hubby has his biometrics at 11am Naija time, this morning, then I am posting my file tomorrow next day guaranteed by 2pm.

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:58am On Aug 18, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi Everyone,..

My husband (applicant) took the following to his Biometrics, in Lagos VI
• passport
• passport Photo
• visa application printed from Visa4UK site.
• Filled out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
• all emails sent to my husband’s email address 6 in total confirming application/payment/NHS HIS payments and all confirmations.
• Online transaction confirming both payments $1501 for the visa fee and $942 for IMM health Surcharge paid by my Very credit MasterCard.
• Original TB certificate
• Original IELTS (or certificates if you are exempt from the English test)
• Birth certificate
• 6 months payslips (this was our choice for him to add this as extra, to show he was self-sufficient)
• letter from employer (from my husbands employer, as he had worked at the British embassy for 8 years)

the VAC posted these all directly to the UKVI in Sheffield

2) Hubby wants to apply from the UK, what documents do i send and am i sending the documents to Him or sending it straight to Sheffield.
You don't need to send anything to your husband, as majority of the evidence is supplied by the sponsor

3) Is the process faster if we apply from the UK or from Nigeria.
You can only apply outside the UK (to apply within the UK you need to be on a UK visa that allows to switch to FLR)

4)Do i have to send any documents to Sheffield myself or hubby will be doing that including my passport.
The VAC should send all your documents to Sheffield, including your passport however there have been some people who have said they where made to send their docs, be very persistent, that is what you pay your fees for smiley

hope that helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Una dey plan to kidnap the old man for Nigeria ? His return ticket stating his departure late in the year, is no provision that he cannot pay the airlines penalty, and change his departure date to a much earlier date.
With regards your wives present housing arrangements, don't try to circumvent the accomodation process, simply pay an inspector to verify the suitability of the accomadation (once bitten twice shy).
As stated, cost of that settlement visa no be joke.................... Money wey pesin fit take buy motor, na hin oyinbo wan take dey drink tea, coffee + puffpuff, and still not issue the visa !!!!!!!

Lol @ "na hin oyinbo wan take dey drink tea, coffee + puffpuff, and still not issue the visa !!!!!!!" Thank you for your perspective. I agree with you. I never thought about it like that.

Meanwhile, lets's put aside my father-in-law's absence. Isn't a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment a 3 bedroom? I remember seeing this online sometime ago; i can't remember where right now. For the sake of others in a similar situation, this site: https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/bedroomcalculator.aspx states that a 3bedroom is required for 4 people and we are 4 in this case, my father-in-law inclusive.

Do you think it is a good idea to use this apartment to fulfil the accommodation requirement, given the above assertion? This is the only requirement left and I'm too scared for a refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by newbie715: 8:47am On Aug 18, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:
Does anyone know if it is necessary for me to submit evidence of my change of name with my application? If yes, what kind of evidence do i need to submit?

Submission of evidence of change of name depends on your documentation, do you have some documents in your maiden name and some in your marital name? If yes, then I strongly advice you do. I had all my documents in my maiden name then my passport in my marital name as I renewed my passport just before the application.

Evidence should be some or all of: marriage certificate, affidavit of name change and newspaper publication of name change. I submitted all 3.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2016
abubarakat:

Lol @ "na hin oyinbo wan take dey drink tea, coffee + puffpuff, and still not issue the visa !!!!!!!" Thank you for your perspective. I agree with you. I never thought about it like that.

Meanwhile, lets's put aside my father-in-law's absence. Isn't a 2 bedroom and 1 living room apartment a 3 bedroom? I remember seeing this online sometime ago; i can't remember where right now. For the sake of others in a similar situation, this site: https://lha-direct.voa.gov.uk/bedroomcalculator.aspx states that a 3bedroom is required for 4 people and we are 4 in this case, my father-in-law inclusive.

Do you think it is a good idea to use this apartment to fulfil the accommodation requirement, given the above assertion? This is the only requirement left and I'm too scared for a refusal.

So long has your father in law is happy with the arrangements and provides all relevant documentations to support your application, you are good to go.
A nairalander on this thread was recently granted her settlement visa, the accommodation issues are almost the same.
Read through a couple of pages backwards and get the heads up from her post (unfortunately, cannot remember her handle).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2016
If you have been refused a visitors visa to the UK before, does that mean priority service wont work for you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
oladunni4real:

No. You are free to apply using whatever format, your bank balance allows.
Priority service - Simply means more money for them and less time for you to wait to get a settlement visa decision.
WIN WIN on both fronts........ .......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hi Guys

Quick update, it's now 85 working days. I checked the processing time on direct gov for last month and it states 90 days 100%. Hopefullly we hear something soon.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2016
Mrsbebe:
Hi MoAbs,

I think the length of the visa is fine. You can also watch the video on youtube on how to fill in the application form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PYQeSh2mq0
I hope it will be helpful for other parts as well.

Thanks a lot Mrsbebe for the video, it was very helpful...

Please I have another question, I would like to pay for Priority visa but I have been refused entry to the UK with a visitor visa and also Non immigrant visa for the US (which is was later granted) an it states on Teleperfomance website that you are not eligible for a Priority visa if I have been refused visa to to UK before..

Please what do you advise...

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 6:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Glory be to God all mighty ....this has been a long time coming but on the 29th July I received my passport with entry clearance level to the United Kingdom.

We paid for priority but due to previous applications made in uk that had been rejected this meant priority was void. BUT the wait was worth it.

To the main guys on this forum you know yourselves God bless you all. Thanks for setting up such a forum because if it wasn't for all the things we read here this message I am sending would not have been the case.

I will post my time line in bit.. and just to let you know this message was typed from the confort of my home in london bless you all tongue grin

Congratulations...smiley.. I am also thinking about paying for Priority, so you advise I don't because I have been refused a UK Visitor visa before?... & also how long did yours take?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 7:39pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please, i saw on the tls website that if you have been refused visa into the US too you cant use the priority service. please can someone clarify that? thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bhlady: 7:00am On Aug 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Do you have any savings?

No savings
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:03am On Aug 20, 2016
Bhlady:

No savings

Does your husband have relatives in the uk to initially setup with?
Or is he travelling to the uk with the kids on a wing and a prayer?
Or has funds for initial relocation associated cost?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bhlady: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:
@portsmouth86
@newbie715

Does your husband have relatives in the uk to initially setup with?
Or is he travelling to the uk with the kids on a wing and a prayer?
Or has funds for initial relocation associated cost?

Hello Lexus, thanks. Husband is going alone. Not really at funds for relocation but we both have closely knitted relations who are happy to have him and even us till we can settle in properly on our feet.

He will leave first whilst i stay back here with the kids and i hope to apply for my spousal visa asap....but not sure how soon because of this financial requirement that we don't really understand and almost sure we don't meet.

Thanking you for your help in advance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2016
Bhlady:

Hello Lexus, thanks. Husband is going alone. Not really at funds for relocation but we both have closely knitted relations who are happy to have him and even us till we can settle in properly on our feet.

He will leave first whilst i stay back here with the kids and i hope to apply for my spousal visa asap....but not sure how soon because of this financial requirement that we don't really understand and almost sure we don't meet.

Thanking you for your help in advance.

If husband is relocating alone, it's safe to assume (hoping things go according to plan), would take between 8/12 months before he can meet all the documentation and financial prerequisites for the remaining members of the family to join him.
My perception, others might think otherwise.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bhlady: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If husband is relocating alone, it's safe to assume (hoping things go according to plan), would take between 8/12 months before he can meet all the documentation and financial prerequisites for the remaining members of the family to join him.
My perception, others might think otherwise.

Oh wow! Is there no other way around this? That's a really long time, a really long time. If my uncle and his family are willing to act as my sponsor especially as they meet the requirement (accommodation and finances) do you know if that can work.....? Any hint at how to go about it. Will it still be a spousal visa application....?? @portsmouth38 @justwise @newbie715
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Aug 20, 2016
Bhlady:

Oh wow! Is there no other way around this? That's a really long time, a really long time. If my uncle and his family are willing to act as my sponsor especially as they meet the requirement (accommodation and finances) do you know if that can work.....? Any hint at how to go about it. Will it still be a spousal visa application....?? @portsmouth38 @justwise @newbie715

Your sponsors cannot apply for a spousal visa on your husband's behalf (spousal visa = Spouse).
The best they could do you is (visiting visa), assuming the visa is granted (you cannot work,no recourse to public funds) etc etc etc. And that visa is usually time sensitive.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 10:02am On Aug 20, 2016
Please, i saw on the tls website that if you have been refused visa into the US too you cant use the priority service. please can someone clarify that? thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by na271: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2016
Dear all,

as i successfully appealed against the visa refusal and the tribunal overturned the decision and ask me to repay the IHS fee and submit the passport and tribunal decision letter to the VAC and I am applied from out of UK, hence i have to pay IHS online through my online account onl;y. But can't pay thorough my GWA number through which i paid last time, that they returned back after the refusal of visa. HOW I CAN PAY MY IHS now through my online account? anybody can help?

thanks
na271
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 8:28am On Aug 21, 2016
oladunni4real:

i'm sure people here have no experience or answer to your question thats why there has been no answer for you, do not feel you have been ignored.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2016
oladunni4real:

That is just the truth, there is nothing to clarify. You can't use it If you have been previously refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or a Schengen country
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2016
na271:
Dear all,

as i successfully appealed against the visa refusal and the tribunal overturned the decision and ask me to repay the IHS fee and submit the passport and tribunal decision letter to the VAC and I am applied from out of UK, hence i have to pay IHS online through my online account onl;y. But can't pay thorough my GWA number through which i paid last time, that they returned back after the refusal of visa. HOW I CAN PAY MY IHS now through my online account? anybody can help?

thanks
na271

Why can't you do that again this time around?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Bhlady:

That simply will not work.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benuromi: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Hello everyone, please I need some information for my little sister.
My little live in the uk and she have PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD. Her boyfriend live in Italy and have 1 year Italian permit which he aways renew for the past 5 years.
My question is, will he need to write English language in Italy ( they planning their court marriage by few months time) before he can apply for spouse visa to join her wife to-be in th UK?
Is just the English test I want to know if he need it to apply as non eu who live in Italy.
I will appreciate every reply. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2016
Hi all
Yesterday I received this email from UKVI

So what is this means please?

Thank you..

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
justwise:

That is just the truth, there is nothing to clarify. You can't use it If you have been previously refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or a Schengen country

Hello Justwise,

Does it make any difference if you've been refused a US visa which you were later given, can you now go ahead with the priority visa or no?!..

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.