Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1033960 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jtorty: 7:59am On Apr 10, 2012
thanks guys, please who knows the email address of the determination team? and i hope this slight delay is normal with other peoples cases aswell
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by saintkola(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
Hello, i just wanna share my story.
Last september i was a final year student in a naija university & my sister sent me an invitation letter to come visit her in uk after my final exams.
It took my school 3 months to issue a letter identifying me as a student and I submitted the letter with my application on nov 30th.
The application was ready for collection in 12 days and it was refused for 2 reasons:
1. The ECO claimed i didn't provide my employment details and I clearly stated i was a student.
2. The ECO said I didn't provide any documentation from NYSC cos in my application, I said I would return for Nysc.
I had the right to appeal but I didn't cos an appeal takes 6months to process.

What I did was, I contacted a lawyer to draft a letter for me and in the letter I countered the ECO's reasons for refusing me entry clearance to the uk.
I got a reply within a month asking me to go submit my passport and be issued a a visitor's visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by avenza: 2:21am On Apr 25, 2012
please house i need your best advice concerning my visa application refusal, which is stated below

you state that you will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted your personal bank statements evidence of finance. You state you monthly income to be 180,000(£720) however the credits and balances in your account are not commensurate with your declared monthly income
you have not provided an ITCC or any further evidence of your stated income and I am therefore not satisfied that your income or employment is as claimed. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the uk without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey by paragraph 1(vi) and (vii) of HC395
I therefore refuse your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds refered to in section 84(1)© of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk) .

[b]so pls i need your advice on the best thing to do concerning this my case, i submitted all the necessary documents, tax clearance, certificate of incorporation,bank statement, receipt of transaction and many others, i have over 2 million in my account with transactions on it, so i don't know how else they want me to prove to them[/b].
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 12:43pm On Apr 25, 2012
avenza: please house i need your best advice concerning my visa application refusal, which is stated below

you state that you will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted your personal bank statements evidence of finance. You state you monthly income to be 180,000(£720) however the credits and balances in your account are not commensurate with your declared monthly income
you have not provided an ITCC or any further evidence of your stated income and I am therefore not satisfied that your income or employment is as claimed. Therefore on the balance of probabilities I am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accommodated in the uk without working or having recourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey by paragraph 1(vi) and (vii) of HC395
I therefore refuse your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the united kingdom immigration rules.
Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds refered to in section 84(1)© of the nationality immigration and asylum act 2002 (www.legislation.gov.uk) .

[b]so pls i need your advice on the best thing to do concerning this my case, i submitted all the necessary documents, tax clearance, certificate of incorporation,bank statement, receipt of transaction and many others, i have over 2 million in my account with transactions on it, so i don't know how else they want me to prove to them[/b].

I’m so sorry about your refusal. if you believe you have presented all relevant information and documents and u also believe the ECO erred in law or did not consider all the evidence u presented to him before making his decision, then you may consider appealing the decision of the ECO if you made a family visit application but if it is a general visit application you can ask for an administrative review of the decision. However, if you are in a hurry to travel to the UK, you may reapply and address all the issues the ECO raised your refusal letter but there is no guarantee that same thing will not repeat itself again.
I had similar experience last year when I applied for 10 years family visa. I appealed the decision, I was given a hearing date by the Immigration Tribunal, however, the UK embassy in Abuja called me to come and submit my passport and my 10 year visa was endorsed on it. So you have different options to explore. Please let me emphasis this before u appeal make sure u are upright and have evidence to support u claims.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2012
avenza: please house i need your best advice concerning my visa application refusal, which is stated below

Limited rights of appeal means, NO rights of appeal whatsoever: therefore, there is nothing you can do about this very case, it has been decided and is closed.
But you can correct the error in the future; ensure that your bank statement reflects evidence of your income (wages/salaries) and support your future applications with payslips of same: this is more acceptable than to lodge lump amount of money from unverifiable sources into your account. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 1:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
Vicjustice: Limited rights of appeal means, NO rights of appeal whatsoever: therefore, there is nothing you can do about this very case, it has been decided and is closed.
But you can correct the error in the future; ensure that your bank statement reflects evidence of your income (wages/salaries) and support your future applications with payslips of same: this is more acceptable than to lodge lump amount of money from unverifiable sources into your account. Cheers

He has a right of appeal but his right of appeal is limited to the grounds refered to in section 84(1)(c)of the nationality immigration and asylum act. the ground is "that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (c. 42) (public authority not to act contrary to Human Rights Convention) as being incompatible with the appellant’s Convention rights". He can also ask for an administrative review of the decision or reapply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
menia:

He has a right of appeal but his right of appeal is limited to the grounds refered to in section 84(1)(c)of the nationality immigration and asylum act. the ground is "that the decision is unlawful under section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (c. 42) (public authority not to act contrary to Human Rights Convention) as being incompatible with the appellant’s Convention rights". He can also ask for an administrative review of the decision or reapply.
You should have been aware that the UK embassy never uses absolute statement such as "THIS APPLICATION ATTRACTS NO RIGHTS OF APPEAL", rather they politely put it this way: This application does not attract the full rights of appeal, and that automatically mean NO RIGHTS whatsoever.
In the UK embassy, it's either your application attracts the full rights of appeal which means, you can appeal the decision or you have LIMITED rights of appeal which means, you can't make an appeal: you need to have the full rights to be eligible to make an appeal.
If you assume that the terms are in three categories like: FULL RIGHTS, LIMITED RIGHTS and NO RIGHTS then that is not the UK embassy hence in the UK embassy, it's either you have the "FULL RIGHTS" or you have a "LIMITED RIGHT"; never would they use an absolute statement such as NO RIGHTS
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by avenza: 7:14pm On Apr 25, 2012
Thanks for. Your wonderful replies, I am a business man so I use my account, I do have people that pay in large amount of money into my account for purchase, so I didn't. Lodge money into my account, so pls. What will be d best step to take, cos I applied for visiting visa, for 10 days. How do I address. D issue of account statement?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
avenza: Thanks for. Your wonderful replies, I am a business man so I use my account, I do have people that pay in large amount of money into my account for purchase, so I didn't. Lodge money into my account, so pls. What will be d best step to take, cos I applied for visiting visa, for 10 days. How do I address. D issue of account statement?
But the reason you gave for the refusal does not suggest that you are a business man, rather that you are in employment.
Well, if you are a business man and you make your earnings by means of contract or costumers, then, you may want to instruct your payers or clients to enter their names and make remarks that would reflect in your bank statement as the payees and the purpose of payment: Surely, if your bank account demonstrates these records, then it is good to be used as a bank statement for visa application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by avenza: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2012
Vicjustice thanks.for your reply, but. You know is not easy for bank to reflect purpose of transaction on. Bank statement cos there is no provision for that, in my previous application I attached receipts of purchase containing amounts of.money. Credited in my account.which entail purpose of. Such amount. Pls.I. Still need.some more advice on. How to resolve this thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
avenza: Vicjustice thanks.for your reply, but. You know is not easy for bank to reflect purpose of transaction on. Bank statement cos there is no provision for that, in my previous application I attached receipts of purchase containing amounts of.money. Credited in my account.which entail purpose of. Such amount. Pls.I. Still need.some more advice on. How to resolve this thanks
Well, my bank allows a payer to make remark, though, it is optional.
But if your bank does not have provision for remark, then, how about payers name/ Don't you have other supporting documents that explains the reasons of transactions?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by avenza: 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ok thanks for your reply, I have my receipt, which I give my customers, please is that what u mean?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 12:20am On Apr 27, 2012
avenza: Ok thanks for your reply, I have my receipt, which I give my customers, please is that what u mean?
I really don't know about the calibre of business that you are running, and i don't know the authenticity of your invoice document; ie whether it consists of duty analysis including tax deduction etc, if it does, then it could be considered an official document which would be acceptable by the embassy: but if it's just an ordinary receipt that you write and tear off a booklet (lacking no official duty analysis and not having a database content), then i'm afraid such ca not be acceptable by the embassy, it may even be considered fake
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jtorty: 3:22pm On May 05, 2012
appeal works with patience but its expensive in terms of solicitors fees. i got my visa!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by N101: 2:49pm On May 06, 2012
In case anyone has submitted an appeal to the IAT over the past few weeks, just to let you know that there's a backlog, so it may be a while before you receive acknowledgement.

I spoke to someone recently who has contacted the IAT's customer services number and was told that there's a backlog - they were still opening mail from the 28th March as of Friday 5th May.

So yes, it is definitely an exercise in patience!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lastborn007: 12:26am On May 09, 2012
please kindly assist me sir,
my friend travelled to Uk in january 2000 on a 6month visa and came back in March 2007 and .his passport was stamped at MM2 with arrived stamp of 2000 March.his name okafor olowole with his DOB 1970.However he had an issue with metropolitan police in march 2000 while working in a store where his fingerprint was taken and no caution or conviction was made with the name olowole okafor and D.O.B 1972. he now applied for settlement visa in 2011 with his real name okafor olowole and his application was refused based on the fact that ,there data base shows that his fingerprint shows that he overstayed and his wife tenancy agreement booklet was not included in the application and test of english certificate was needed for all applicant applying for uk visa.the ECO stated that he has full right to apply.the Acknowledgement has been sent and the Tribunal and asylum chamber has fax a copy to the nigeria embassy.phoning statement of account,bank statement,copy of british bio-metric passport,certificate of company incorporation,wedding pictures,marriage certificate was all sent with the application during submission.what is the probability of winning the appeal sir.We have been praying to God
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lastborn007: 12:28am On May 09, 2012
please kindly assist me sir,
my friend travelled to Uk in january 2000 on a 6month visa and came back in March 2007 and .his passport was stamped at MM2 with arrived stamp of 2000 March.his name okafor olowole with his DOB 1970.However he had an issue with metropolitan police in march 2000 while working in a store where his fingerprint was taken and no caution or conviction was made with the name olowole okafor and D.O.B 1972. he now applied for settlement visa in 2011 with his real name okafor olowole and his application was refused based on the fact that ,there data base shows that his fingerprint shows that he overstayed and his wife tenancy agreement booklet was not included in the application and test of english certificate was needed for all applicant applying for uk visa.the ECO stated that he has full right to appeal.the Acknowledgement has been sent and the Tribunal and asylum chamber has fax a copy to the nigeria embassy.phoning statement of account,bank statement,copy of british bio-metric passport,certificate of company incorporation,wedding pictures,marriage certificate was all sent with the application during submission.what is the probability of winning the appeal sir.We have been praying to God
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lastborn007: 6:18pm On May 09, 2012
please reply to my post,lastborn007
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:36am On May 12, 2012
lastborn007: please kindly assist me sir,
my friend travelled to Uk in january 2000 on a 6month visa and came back in March 2007 and .[b]his passport was stamped at MM2 with arrived stamp of 2000 March.his name okafor olowole with his DOB 1970.[/b]However [b]he had an issue with metropolitan police in march 2000 while working in a store where his fingerprint was taken [/b]and no caution or conviction was made with the name olowole okafor and D.O.B 1972. he now applied for settlement visa in 2011 with his real name okafor olowole and his application was refused based on the fact that ,there data base shows that his fingerprint shows that he overstayed and his wife tenancy agreement booklet was not included in the application and test of english certificate was needed for all applicant applying for uk visa.the ECO stated that he has full right to appeal.the Acknowledgement has been sent and the Tribunal and asylum chamber has fax a copy to the nigeria embassy.phoning statement of account,bank statement,copy of british bio-metric passport,certificate of company incorporation,wedding pictures,marriage certificate was all sent with the application during submission.what is the probability of winning the appeal sir.We have been praying to God

Why did he back date his arrival date even when his finger print was taken in the UK? His finger print was taken with 1970 DOB and he applied for settlement visa with 1972 DOB? He must be really silly to do such thing.Let him pray long and hard for this case.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HighSpot: 4:57pm On May 15, 2012
Hello Omotier, Menia and everyone,

Commented here in March abt my pending settlement visa appeal. Im glad to let u know we won the appeal just like u predicted. We recieved a determination letter a week after d hearing and now waiting for the call from abuja. I have read here about pple waiting for months to be called. Im trusting God all the way. But in the meantime, it feels good to know im seeing my hubby soon. Thanks to everyone dt encouraged me here. God bless u.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jullienarbi: 9:40am On May 16, 2012
hi!
I need your advice,
I met my future husband on internet dec 2011.he is uk citizen,he came visiting me on april .he went back to uk and invited me to uk,i applied the visa as a general visitor for 3 weeks but my application was refused on 9th may 2012 said that i have low income and they are not sure if i will come back to Tanzania. he came down here again on 15th and got engaged and expecting to get married on june 2012..we wants to live together,what type of visa will i apply?after how long will it be good ideal to apply for the visa?
I need your advice on this
thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2012
Jullienarbi: hi!
I need your advice,
I met my future husband on internet dec 2011.he is uk citizen,he came visiting me on april .he went back to uk and invited me to uk,i applied the visa as a general visitor for 3 weeks but my application was refused on 9th may 2012 said that i have low income and they are not sure if i will come back to Tanzania. he came down here again on 15th and got engaged and expecting to get married on june 2012..we wants to live together,what type of visa will i apply?after how long will it be good ideal to apply for the visa?
I need your advice on this
thank you

Apply for spouse visa, you can do that a month or two after the marriage.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jullienarbi: 1:54pm On May 16, 2012
Thank you for your advice i will do that,i hope the general visitor refusal will not affect my application..im worried. sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2012
Jullienarbi: Thank you for your advice i will do that,i hope the general visitor refusal will not affect my application..im worried. sad
It will not but don't forget to mention it in the form

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blacghost(m): 8:48pm On May 21, 2012
gw
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2012
blacghost: HELLO EVERYONE I NEED UR HELP I GOT A UK 6MONTH VISA AND I TRAVELED TO UK ON 3RD OF MAY 2012 AND WEN I GOT THERE I WAS ASKED SOME QUESTIONED WHICH REALLY DINT WENT WELL AND MY VISA WAS CANCELED AND I WAS DEPORTED THE NEXT DAY BACK TO NIGERIA... MY 6MONTH VISA IS STILL ON AND THE 6 MONTH HAS NOT EXPIRED YET BUT JUST THAT THE IMMIGRATION IN HEATHROW STAMED SOMETHING ON IT...PLS HELP ME COS I ALREDY HAVEJOB WAITING FOR ME IN LONDON AND EVERYTHING I WORKED FOR JUST FADE AWAY IN SOME FEW MINUTE.. I REALLY NEED HELP COS I CANT CONTROLE THE PAIN AM FEELING AND SINCE I CAME BACK I HAVE BEEN TOTALLY USELESS IN EVERYTHING I DO COS IT REALLY HURT ME SO MUCH... I WISH SOMETHING CAN BE DONE ... I JUST WISH SOMETHING CAN BE DONE.... PLS CALL ME WITH THIS NUMBER IF U HAVE ANYWAY TO HELP.. DAVID

What exactly happened? What type of visa were you holding? Did you tell them that you have job waiting for you in London?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 8:28am On May 22, 2012
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 10:41am On May 22, 2012
I appealed and was sucessful. Got a call from the high commmission to drop my passport on 8may n I dropped it same day. Till yesterday, thy still said d passport is not ready for collection. Its taking too long and I alreaady booked my ticket for sunday (28 may), thinking I wld hve collected it by now...pls assist...[/quote]

i can understand how you feel. i had same issue. i was called to submit my passport and i submitted same on 25 jan 2012... i did not get my passport and visa till 1st week in April 2012..... u need a lot of patience oh.... the high commission takes their time and u cant rush them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:04am On May 22, 2012
K
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 11:06am On May 22, 2012
E
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blacghost(m): 7:34pm On May 23, 2012
m

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.