Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034556 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
congrats
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 5:37am On Sep 24, 2016
MoAbs:
Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone on this forum... for the informations and everything....

So I applied for a spouse visa on the 23rd of August 2016.... I asked on this forum if it would be wise to still apply for PRIORITY VISA as I have been denied visas for UK and the US and I was advised not to apply for a PRIORITY VISA.... but I couldn't wait for the 12weeks so I risked it and went ahead to apply for a PRIORITY VISA...........

And I was granted the Spouse visa today.... smiley ...

So if you have £450 extra to risk for a PRIORITY VISA, it might be worth taking a shot.. who knows you might be lucky...

Please find my timeline below

18th August 2016 Application submitted online
22nd August 2016 Paid for Priority online
23rd August 2016 Biometrics done at VAC Ikeja
23rd August 2016 TLS updates to state application has been transferred to UKVI
24th August 2016 supporting docs were posted to Sheffield
24th August 2016 email from UKVI application has been received in Sheffield, UK
25th August 2016 TLS updated Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration
20th September 2016 Email from UKVI, A decision has been made on your UK Visa application
21st September 2016 TLS updated UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision
22nd September 2016 Documents returned to sponsor in the UK
23rd September 2016 TLS updated application ready for collection Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK and I picked it up on same day... smiley

Thanks a lot

Congratulations!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fifi123: 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hello everyone.
I have only a little query please , I booked flight to UK and choosed 2 bags 15kg +15kg.
Shall I take 10kg bag as well? Is it still free?
Thank you in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
What airline? you should be entitled to 2 x 23kg bag for economy. then hand luggage depends on the airline.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Fifi123:
Hello everyone.
I have only a little query please , I booked flight to UK and choosed 2 bags 15kg +15kg.
Shall I take 10kg bag as well? Is it still free?
Thank you in advance

You are allowed to take hand luggage plus check in luggages, contact your airline to find out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2016
Benz101:
This is the full response:

Dear Sir / Madam,

We can provide an assessment of your qualification(s) however please note we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate and as a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: Final certificate not presented. We recommend that a copy of the final certificate be presented to potential employers / admitting institutions as official proof of qualification.

If you wish to proceed on this basis please click on the following icon in the action column.

If you do not wish for this sentence to be included in your assessment please upload or post a copy of your final certificate before your assessment is completed and posted. If you are unable to send in your final certificate and you wish to send it in at a later date, then we will charge a fee of £12 (+VAT) plus your chosen delivery charge to reissue your Statement.

Kind regards

UK NARIC

Unfortunately we are not able to provide a English Language Assessment for all of the qualifications submitted. Please note, if you wish to continue with the service, we will only include the qualifications with the status "yes we can do". No other qualifications will be assessed.
Yes I wish to proceed with the disclaimer
No I wish to cancel my application

Na waoo, what do you plan to do now?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
MoAbs:
Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone on this forum... for the informations and everything....

So I applied for a spouse visa on the 23rd of August 2016.... I asked on this forum if it would be wise to still apply for PRIORITY VISA as I have been denied visas for UK and the US and I was advised not to apply for a PRIORITY VISA.... but I couldn't wait for the 12weeks so I risked it and went ahead to apply for a PRIORITY VISA...........

So if you have £450 extra to risk for a PRIORITY VISA, it might be worth taking a shot.. who knows you might be lucky...

25th August 2016 TLS updated Your UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration
20th September 2016 Email from UKVI, A decision has been made on your UK Visa application
21st September 2016 TLS updated UK Visas & Immigration has now assessed your UK visa application and made a decision
23rd September 2016 TLS updated application ready for collection Your passport and any returned supporting documentation have now arrived back at the TLScontact UK and I picked it up on same day... smiley

Thanks a lot

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 1:02am On Sep 25, 2016
MoAbs:
Hi All,

Thanks a lot

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 7:37am On Sep 25, 2016
Good morning All,

@ justwise, we accepted to proceed with the disclaimer, and will send the degree certificate when it is ready in a months' time. Secondly the IELTS will be taken as well.
I was thinking if we should get a letter from the university stating that degree certificate has not been issued, then attach the letter to this disclaimer and the statement of result if the HO will accept that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 12:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Benz101:
Good morning All,

@ justwise, we accepted to proceed with the disclaimer, and will send the degree certificate when it is ready in a months' time. Secondly the IELTS will be taken as well.
I was thinking if we should get a letter from the university stating that degree certificate has not been issued, then attach the letter to this disclaimer and the statement of result if the HO will accept that.
Book your IELTS life skills A1 and write it asap.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
@justwise
@dday101
@Fifi123

please can you guys help me interpret this mail... ...
I've done as instructed but am not sure the people at ukba abuja would agree to see me without me completing the application.
I stopped the application after paying the IHS fee...

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.

With regards to your query, please log in to your visa4uk account and
create a new application, only complete as far as the IHS portal. Once you
have paid the IHS please forward the new GWF reference number and IHS
reference number along with the old GWF to the email address your were
given.

We hope this has answered your query.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select “E-Mail form” and
complete as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
wallg123:
@justwise
@dday101
@Fifi123

I've done as instructed but am not sure the people at ukba abuja would agree to see me without me completing the application.

service.

create a new application, only complete as far as the IHS portal
. Once you
given.

Log in to the website again and create a new application, complete it to the point you need to pay for IHS, make the payment then send them the GWF reference number and IHS reference number using the email they gave you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
wallg123:
@justwise
@dday101
@Fifi123

service.

given.

@justwise has said it all, that's exactly how they want you to do it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 2:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
wallg123:
@justwise
@dday101
@Fifi123
service.
given.

That's the wrong advise, ignore that! They gave me that advice but when we submitted we were given another link to pay the IHS, meaning I paid twice and had to get the other refunded after like 8 weeks.

Just submi all passport and documents and wait for the email with a special link to pay the IHS that will be associated with your GWF number.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by anyichi16: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2016
Please I need help ooo. I want to pay for IHS , how do I go about it since there is a restriction on the maximum amount to pay with Master card? Also on my spouse visa application, I have the following documents: sponsor letter of Employment, contract, letter of support, letter from landlord, bills, payslips, bank statements, wedding invitation, marriage certificate, pictures ( engagement, traditional, wedding, and other pictures during visits), flight tickets, whatsapp logs, Skype logs, email logs, phone logs. Please are the above documents correct or do I need to add more?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:57am On Sep 27, 2016
copied from @Portsmouth86 post .......

it should answer ur questions @ anyichi16....

"Good day every1, @Spiceymma, I submitted the following documents -Lists of Document
1. Application forms - Online, Financial and Sponsorship.
2. Photocopies of Marriage Certificates ( Hubby submitted the originals)
3. Sponsors letter
4. IELTS English Certificate
5. Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
6. Passport
7. Photocopy of Hubby's Passport
8. Photocopy of Hubby's Biometric Card
9. Previous Refusals Notice.
While Hubby submitted the following-Lists of Documents
1) Marriage Certificates
2) Council tax
3) Gas Utility bills
4) Emails communication
5) whatsapps communication
6) Lyca calls Log
7) Letter from employer
Proof of employment
9) 12 Months Payslips
10) 12 months Bank Statement
11) Sponsors letter
12) Photocopy of IELTS English Certificate
13) Photocopy of Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
14) Photocopy of Wife's Passport
15) Photocopy of Hubby's Passport
16) Photocopy of Hubby's Biometric
17) Wedding Pictures and other pictures
18) Previous Refusals Notice
19) Application forms - Online, Financial and Sponsorship
Hope this helps, as seen in the thread, the key factor is to submit all necessary documents. We keep praying for many more good news here .Amen! ! !
@portsmouth86 -lol@ battleship building been a horrid place, our mini application defense channel . Thank God it favoured us Yes dear, had a very pleasant trip, Trust Mr Bakare is settling in fine.
A very big n heartily congratulations to thatula, blza and kembee86, God be praised. Enjoy!!!
As regards TB certificate, I wasn't even asked for mine @ POE.
(Quote) (Report ) 1 Like (Like) (Share )

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 9:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
anyichi16:
Please I need help ooo. I want to pay for IHS , how do I go about it since there is a restriction on the maximum amount to pay with Master card? Also on my spouse visa application, I have the following documents: sponsor letter of Employment, contract, letter of support, letter from landlord, bills, payslips, bank statements, wedding invitation, marriage certificate, pictures ( engagement, traditional, wedding, and other pictures during visits), flight tickets, whatsapp logs, Skype logs, email logs, phone logs. Please are the above documents correct or do I need to add more?

As for the IHS payment, I think your spouse should make the payment because of the restriction on your card...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 11:01am On Sep 28, 2016
wallg123:
@justwise
@dday101
@Fifi123

service.

given.

Use this link
You must make the payment by visiting https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/payment/start
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
I've already stated a new application and paid IHS fee since weekend.... so submitting passport to embassy tomorrow @ abj..... Hopefully it should be hitch free. ill keep the house informed of the outcome .... thx
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by aleroall: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Good day everyone. Pls kindly assist me with the name and address of the approved hospital for uk visa DNA test centre in lagos.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
aleroall:
Good day everyone. Pls kindly assist me with the name and address of the approved hospital for uk visa DNA test centre in lagos.

This is where I did mine .... there might be others I don't know ....
hope it helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
This is what NARIC confirmed regarding the English Language Assessment:

"Dear Mrs ....
Thank you for your recent enquiry.
Further to this, I am now able to confirm the following:
Country of Qualification: Nigeria
Title of Award: Bachelor of Science in ...
Awarding institution: ....
Year of Award: 200...
Level of English: The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1
Additional Information: Final certificate not presented. We recomment that a copy of the final certificate be presented to potential employers / admitting institutions as official proof of qualification."

From the above, the only difference with the normal letter I noticed is the 'Additional Information'. This is because degree certificate has not been issued, and statement of result was used intead.

I want to seek an advise, will it be okay to go ahead with this letter and to get a letter from the university stating that degree certificate has not been issued. Your kind advise will highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lightme: 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
@euka91
hope you are good. Want to ask if your wife has received the call in letter to submit passport, my hubby hasn't heard anything from UKVI since the withdrawal email since 4 weeks ago,What do we need to do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Purple1234: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
@moAbs.
@justwise

Hello, which documents did you take with you, and submitted at your appointment also, which ones were submitted by your spouse please? I am hoping to send my documents to my spouse through a friend travelling to the UK in two days but I don't want to make a mistake of sending documents I might still need here. I will appreciate a response from anyone please. It's urgent. Thank you all
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by euka91: 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
Lightme:

@euka91
hope you are good. Want to ask if your wife has received the call in letter to submit passport, my hubby hasn't heard anything from UKVI since the withdrawal email since 4 weeks ago,What do we need to do?
Hi Lightme.
My wife has not recieved any call nor email from the sheffield office yet, we are still waiting. I phone the home office enquiry and i was told that waitibg time from the time of the withdrawal to recieving the call in mail is between 6 - 8weeks real waiting game. My wife just gave birth to our daughter on the 26th and i am going to start applying for my daughter's british passport before wife's visa is ready. If i hear anything i will let you know.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lightme: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
[/quote][quote author=euka91 post=49801392]
Hi Lightme.
My wife has not recieved any call nor email from the sheffield office yet, we are still waiting. I phone the home office enquiry and i was told that waitibg time from the time of the withdrawal to recieving the call in mail is between 6 - 8weeks real waiting game. My wife just gave birth to our daughter on the 26th and i am going to start applying for my daughter's british passport before wife's visa is ready. If i hear anything i will let you know.

Multiple celebrations for you. Congrats please let me know if you hear anything thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdaNewbie1290: 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
Purple1234:
@moAbs.
@justwise

Hello, which documents did you take with you, and submitted at your appointment also, which ones were submitted by your spouse please? I am hoping to send my documents to my spouse through a friend travelling to the UK in two days but I don't want to make a mistake of sending documents I might still need here. I will appreciate a response from anyone please. It's urgent. Thank you all
I used TLS Abuja for my biometrics. The only documents they took from me where my application form, passport and payment confirmation for priority. Every other thing including financial requirement form, Tb test certificate and the print out of my online payments, they refused to collect and directed me to send to my sponsor. This was ending of August.
Good luck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Purple1234: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
AdaNewbie1290:

I used TLS Abuja for my biometrics. The only documents they took from me where my application form, passport and payment confirmation for priority. Every other thing including financial requirement form, Tb test certificate and the print out of my online payments, they refused to collect and directed me to send to my sponsor. This was ending of August.
Good luck

Thank you for your response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Purple1234:
@moAbs.
@justwise

I took only the print out of my online application, passport, priority payment print out and that was it, I sent every other document to my spouse through DHL...

At the VAC office, they requested for my TB cert and the sponsor appendix form and I told them I had already sent it, they wanted to make a big deal of it.... I just stated on the form the VAC people gave me and submitted that every other document has been sent to my sponsor and will be sent to Sheffield...

Hope this helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MoAbs: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
Purple1234:
@moAbs.
@justwise

And as regard the documents you might require, please find below

copied from @Portsmouth86 post .......

it should answer ur question

1. Application forms - Online, Financial and Sponsorship.
2. Photocopies of Marriage Certificates ( Hubby submitted the originals)
3. Sponsors letter
4. IELTS English Certificate
5. Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
6. Passport
7. Photocopy of Hubby's Passport
8. Photocopy of Hubby's Biometric Card
9. Previous Refusals Notice.
While Hubby submitted the following-Lists of Documents
1) Marriage Certificates
2) Council tax
3) Gas Utility bills
4) Emails communication
5) whatsapps communication
6) Lyca calls Log
7) Letter from employer
Proof of employment
9) 12 Months Payslips
10) 12 months Bank Statement
11) Sponsors letter
12) Photocopy of IELTS English Certificate
13) Photocopy of Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate
14) Photocopy of Wife's Passport
15) Photocopy of Hubby's Passport
16) Photocopy of Hubby's Biometric
17) Wedding Pictures and other pictures
18) Previous Refusals Notice
19) Application forms - Online, Financial and Sponsorship
Hope this helps, as seen in the thread, the key factor is to submit all necessary documents. We keep praying for many more good news here .Amen! ! !
@portsmouth86 -lol@ battleship building been a horrid place, our mini application defense channel . Thank God it favoured us Yes dear, had a very pleasant trip, Trust Mr Bakare is settling in fine.
A very big n heartily congratulations to thatula, blza and kembee86, God be praised. Enjoy!!!
As regards TB certificate, I wasn't even asked for mine @ POE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.