Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1032770 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Oct 27, 2016
oladunni4real:
hehehehee....mehn the torture sef with research alone na wah.... sir am all for priority service but my husband is scared because i have been refused US visa before... Me too i wan get faith like have read from other people on this thread. It is well ooo.

Send them a package that would scare them. They would truly know, you seriously mean business.
NB: Don't forget our nando's voucher, ciroc carton, freshly tapped palmwine and BBQ invitation.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Laminated documents

This policy confirms that Laminated Documents should not be accepted in
support of a passport application (see two exceptions below).
IPS regional offices have a very small percentage of applications supported
by laminated documents. Documents that are laminated are usually birth
certificates, marriage certificates and naturalisation/registration certificates.
IPS examiners cannot be sure that the laminated documents submitted with
an application are genuine

Major concerns regarding laminated documents are that watermarks cannot
be easily distinguished, nor can the quality of the paper be felt, and with
naturalisation/registration certificate the security features such as the heat
reactive number cannot be utilised.
Laminated documents must not be accepted in support of passport
applications, unless in cases covered by the exceptions shown below.
Examiners must request unlaminated versions of the documents submitted.
If a laminated change of name deed or a laminated marriage certificate has
been produced in support of a passport application for change of name
evidence only, then examiners can accept the laminated document.

I think English test is approximately £50.00

thanks lexusgs i really appreciate so what will you advice that i do
1.present the laminated marriage certificate or get a certify true copy from registry made enquiry at ikeja registry was told that it is 20,000
2. for my other certificate B.sc how do i go about it knowing that getting another certificate in nigeria instuition can be very difficult if not imposible

please your urgent advice is needed but any knowlegde of anyone one in my shoes now

thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Laminated documents

This policy confirms that Laminated Documents should not be accepted in
support of a passport application (see two exceptions below).
IPS regional offices have a very small percentage of applications supported
by laminated documents. Documents that are laminated are usually birth
certificates, marriage certificates and naturalisation/registration certificates.
IPS examiners cannot be sure that the laminated documents submitted with
an application are genuine

Major concerns regarding laminated documents are that watermarks cannot
be easily distinguished, nor can the quality of the paper be felt, and with
naturalisation/registration certificate the security features such as the heat
reactive number cannot be utilised.
Laminated documents must not be accepted in support of passport
applications, unless in cases covered by the exceptions shown below.
Examiners must request unlaminated versions of the documents submitted.
If a laminated change of name deed or a laminated marriage certificate has
been produced in support of a passport application for change of name
evidence only, then examiners can accept the laminated document.

I think English test is approximately £50.00

1.present the laminated marriage certificate or get a certify true copy from registry made enquiry at ikeja registry was told that it is 20,000
2. for my other certificate B.sc how do i go about it knowing that getting another certificate in nigeria instuition can be very difficult if not imposible

please your urgent advice is needed but any knowlegde of anyone one in my shoes now

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
toksys:

Going by provisions of the legislation, a laminated document would not be acceptable.
Going forward, what should you do? Seek alternative ways to collect copies or take a gamble........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by toksys: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Going by provisions of the legislation, a laminated document would not be acceptable.
Going forward, what should you do? Seek alternative ways to collect copies or take a gamble........

thanks lexusgs i very much appreciate your sincere answer will seek alternative ways to collect copies thank again
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Oga Lexus since justwise & the other gurus abandoned us you have really been a life saver ....... u deserve a brand new Lexus 470 for your tremendous support ........

I'll make sure provisions for your new Lexus jeep would be padded into the 2017 budget if only Buhari accept.........
Well-done bro
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
wallg123:
Oga Lexus since justwise & the other gurus abandoned us you have really been a life saver ....... u deserve a brand new Lexus 470 for your tremendous support ........

I'll make sure provisions for your new Lexus jeep would be padded into the 2017 budget if only Buhari accept.........
Well-done bro

LOL. The bullet proof version of the LX470 would be nice. Kindly also tick the option for freezer (all the cartons of ciroc and palmwine promised, needs to be consumed with ice blocks........

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
@Lexusgs 430, @portsmouth86, @justwise, @newbie715, @light me and others. While one is still awaiting family settlement appeals, is it possible for the person to put in visit application in order to attend conference in the UK to be sponsored by the employer?

BB Bbken asked the question as follows in previous posts: 'Justwise and all gurus in the house please help me out

I was refused my settlement Visa in March, went on appeal in April and the court has written us that the will get back to us on 28 August, but i work for a government establishment and I was nominated to attend a pre workshop in May which I did and the certificate was given which am supposed to use for the international workshop application coming up on 17th August in the UK. For the workshop am expected to pay for my hotel fee and the workshop fee.

My question is

Can I apply for the workshop while my appeal is till on or will they be another refusal due to the fact that I was refused settlement in March even though I have been to the UK before on visit.

Will i still mention my husband in the workshop application?

What documents do I need for this application?

Please I need guidance and advice, thank you
it's a federal government establishment and even when the approve for you to go, you'll have to sponsor your self and after Ward's get back your money due the one account stuff President Buhari introduced, my HOD said he is recommending me for it if I can foot the bill for now. He will give a covering letter to that effect..

NOBODY RESPONDED TO HIS INQUIRY!!! ON THIS FORUM, EACH PERSON TRAUMA/AGONY IS DIFFERENT!!! WE JUST NEED TO SYMPATHETICALLY/EMPATHETICALLY ASSIST ONE ANOTHER

I have a conference to attend in Scotland late November to be sponsored by my employer, definitely it will give me opportunity to visit my family as well. Am I going to be refused? HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS? if possible, how can I convince the HO/ECO?
URGENT ADVICE WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED!!! THANKS
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by stillwaiting: 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
@Lexusgs 430, @portsmouth86, @justwise, @newbie715, @light me and others. While one is still awaiting family settlement appeals, is it possible for the person to put in visit application in order to attend conference in the UK to be sponsored by the employer?

BB Bbken asked the question as follows in previous posts: 'Justwise and all gurus in the house please help me out

I was refused my settlement Visa in March, went on appeal in April and the court has written us that the will get back to us on 28 August, but i work for a government establishment and I was nominated to attend a pre workshop in May which I did and the certificate was given which am supposed to use for the international workshop application coming up on 17th August in the UK. For the workshop am expected to pay for my hotel fee and the workshop fee.

My question is

Can I apply for the workshop while my appeal is till on or will they be another refusal due to the fact that I was refused settlement in March even though I have been to the UK before on visit.

it's a federal government establishment and even when the approve for you to go, you'll have to sponsor your self and after Ward's get back your money due the one account stuff President Buhari introduced, my HOD said he is recommending me for it if I can foot the bill for now. He will give a covering letter to that effect..

NOBODY RESPONDED TO HIS INQUIRY!!! ON THIS FORUM, EACH PERSON TRAUMA/AGONY IS DIFFERENT!!! WE JUST NEED TO SYMPATHETICALLY/EMPATHETICALLY ASSIST ONE ANOTHER

I have a conference to attend in Scotland late November to be sponsored by my employer, definitely it will give me opportunity to visit my family as well. Am I going to be refused? HAS ANYBODY DONE THIS? if possible, how can I convince the HO/ECO?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
stillwaiting:

My question is

While one application is in, you cannot file for a fresh application. Your fresh application would be deemed invalid (and you might lose application fees)
Read section 3C & 3D of the UK visas and immigration rules
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hi Guys

I need URGENT URGENT advice. As you may know from my Timeline my husband did his biometric 20/04/16 and we have heard nothing back. I called HO and found out a decision has been made.
1. Yesterday I received a letter from my MP ( I contacted him to chase my hubby's visa) The told him that the case was not straightforward and was complex in nature. The claim to have contacted my husband via email on many occasions it seems they have a wrong email for my husband( the lawyer completed it incorrectly on the online form) however, Tlscontact have the correct email as my husband received the email that his visa has now been sent off.

2. The home office informed the MP that my husband has to pay the IHS charge before his case is concluded. If he doesnt pay he would be refused.
Firstly guys when I was with the lawyer he told me the payment for the IHS was done, it seems he did not pay it.

MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I PAY THE IHS ONCE HIS VISA ONLINE HAS ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED.

SECONDLY IS IT BEST TO WRITE TO THE HOME OFFICE STATING THEY HAVE AN INCORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS. Please guys give me the best way to pay. I tried gov.uk and I cant pay there.

What are my options?
I am scared he may get refused due to the lawyers mistakes. Please can someone advise me I have been waiting 7 months now sad sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys

I need URGENT URGENT advice. As you may know from my Timeline my husband did his biometric 20/04/16 and we have heard nothing back. I called HO and found out a decision has been made.
1. Yesterday I received a letter from my MP ( I contacted him to chase my hubby's visa) The told him that the case was not straightforward and was complex in nature. The claim to have contacted my husband via email on many occasions it seems they have a wrong email for my husband( the lawyer completed it incorrectly on the online form) however, Tlscontact have the correct email as my husband received the email that his visa has now been sent off.

2. The home office informed the MP that my husband has to pay the IHS charge before his case is concluded. If he doesnt pay he would be refused.
Firstly guys when I was with the lawyer he told me the payment for the IHS was done, it seems he did not pay it.

MY QUESTION IS HOW CAN I PAY THE IHS ONCE HIS VISA ONLINE HAS ALREADY BEEN PROCESSED.

SECONDLY IS IT BEST TO WRITE TO THE HOME OFFICE STATING THEY HAVE AN INCORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS. Please guys give me the best way to pay. I tried gov.uk and I cant pay there.

What are my options?
I am scared he may get refused due to the lawyers mistakes. Please can someone advise me I have been waiting 7 months now sad sad

I remember asking you a while ago if your husband's case was straight forward? And your reply at the time was, it was fairy straightforward.
That's neither here nor there. Have you asked the solicitor for the receipt as proof of payment?
I think your first approach should be requesting from your solicitor, the online receipt of all online payments. That request should be granted within 24 hours. Assuming payments has not yet been made, we can pick brains on the best next approach.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2016
@Lexusgs I know for a fact the payment was not taken. When I was in his office he told me that the reference has been issued before my card was even entered. I asked him if we should contact the HO and ask if there was a glitch he advised me that if there is an issue they would contact me. Well now there is clearly an issue.

So I wanted to know if anyone knows how I can go about paying now that it has gone this far.

Lexusgs430:

I remember asking you a while ago if your husband's case was straight forward? And your reply at the time was, it was fairy straightforward.
That's neither here nor there. Have you asked the solicitor for the receipt as proof of payment?
I think your first approach should be requesting from your solicitor, the online receipt of all online payments. That request should be granted within 24 hours. Assuming payments has not yet been made, we can pick brains on the best next approach.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
@Lexusgs I know for a fact the payment was not taken. When I was in his office he told me that the reference has been issued before my card was even entered. I asked him if we should contact the HO and ask if there was a glitch he advised me that if there is an issue they would contact me. Well now there is clearly an issue.

So I wanted to know if anyone knows how I can go about paying now that it has gone this far.

When you try this link, what message do you get ?

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/payment/start
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:

Assuming all fails, best to send an email to the relevant department seeking direction. Stating all the means you have tried to make payments and failed (ensure you use a written medium).
Also inform your MP to assist you in requesting the best means to make payment (also informing him of all the channels you have exhausted).
Best of Luck ........................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:33pm On Oct 27, 2016
I tried that last night.It just issues a IHS reference number but no way of paying.

Lexusgs430:

When you try this link, what message do you get ?

https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/payment/start
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
Thanks for your assistance. My husband has to give written consent to the HO for them to provide updates to me.

Luckily I contacted the MP or i would not have known the reason for the delay.

Lexusgs430:

Assuming all fails, best to send an email to the relevant department seeking direction. Stating all the means you have tried to make payments and failed (ensure you use a written medium).
Also inform your MP to assist you in requesting the best means to make payment (also informing him of all the channels you have exhausted).
Best of Luck ........................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
Thanks for your assistance. My husband has to give written consent to the HO for them to provide updates to me.

Ask your husband to request direction. Stating all exhausted avenues
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:05am On Oct 28, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:

This is how I repay my IHS fee:
They asked me to start a fresh application online and when I get to the level to pay IHS fee I should pay it and stop there. After I paid I received two emails, my receipt for payment and confirmation of payment containing my IHS reference and the amount I paid.
Then I now sent a mail containing my old application reference number, my name, IHS reference number and the amount I paid to
IHS.Sheffield@fco.gov.uk and VisaSheffield@home office.gsi.gov.uk

That's all you need to do.
Good luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2016
wallg123:

Well-done bro

Please just relax you've won the battle. It normally takes 5weeks to 6weeks before you get your passport back. Just start gathering your ticket money.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 12:18am On Oct 28, 2016
@Caribeanwiffy28 check this out if it might be useful to you.....

This is what I was asked to do to pay for my health surcharge...........

alternatively try filling out the online inquiry form, they'll surely get back to you in few days time . ...

Dear xxxxxxxx
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration international enquiry
service.
With regards to your query, please log in to your visa4uk account and
create a new application, only complete as far as the IHS portal. Once you
have paid the IHS please forward the new GWF reference number and IHS
reference number along with the old GWF to the email address your were
given.
We hope this has answered your query.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by wallg123: 12:27am On Oct 28, 2016
@dday101 welcome back ..... it's been a while ...... I thought u've abandoned us for good ?... Good to have u check up on us .......Well done

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 2:36am On Oct 28, 2016
deept:

Oga Lexus, when are we coming to pick you up at Heathrow?

Oga Lexus is everwhere...LHR,LGW,LCY,LTN,STN...e nor even need Pali or ticket sef. Na senior citizen wey fit breeze anywhere anyhow anyday anytime...twale Sir!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deept(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2016
Batba1:

Oga Lexus is everwhere...LHR,LGW,LCY,LTN,STN...e nor even need Pali or ticket sef. Na senior citizen wey fit breeze anywhere anyhow anyday anytime...twale Sir!!!

I asked so we can organise grand reception with red carpet and traditional dancers to recieve him. I will supply aso ebi to all members of this thread who will come to recieve him make them know say VIP don land
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2016
Batba1:

I know say OAP's aka senior citizens dey get free bus and train pass aka freedom pass.
Senior citizens too dey get free air travels + visa free zones?
Abeg, make una no allow this laughter tear my belle..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:25am On Oct 28, 2016
deept:

I asked so we can organise grand reception with red carpet and traditional dancers to recieve him. I will supply aso ebi to all members of this thread who will come to recieve him make them know say VIP don land

Only if the Queen, Sadiq Khan and Theresa May, would also be in attendance........................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 10:44am On Oct 28, 2016
wallg123:
@dday101 welcome back .....
it's been a while ...... I thought u've abandoned us for good ?...
Good to have u check up on us .......Well done

@wallg123 no I cannot abandon you all, just needed to attend to a new business and my daughter 1st birthday party is coming up in January 28, 2017 which my Mrs has started planning already. I do normally browse through.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lightme: 10:45am On Oct 28, 2016
[/quote]

[quote author=stillwaiting post=50558372]@Lexusgs 430, @portsmouth86, @justwise, @newbie715, @light me and others. While one is still awaiting family settlement appeals, is it possible for the person to put in visit application in order to attend conference in the UK to be sponsored by the employer?

My question is

No visitor application will be granted when you have applied for spouse settlement already because you do have a strong ties to the UK, your spouse is there isn't?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hello good people, am in dire need of advise on the spouse visa application about to submit for my wife.

1. is it compulsory to include gross earning on employment letter of someone working on non salaried employment? my employer said is impossible for them to give estimate of my earning.

2. Does address on my marriage certificate mean anything? am based in U.K. but instead filled the marriage form with my Nigeria address..is this something i need to worry myself on?

3. Am having issue getting a letter from my landlord/estate agent. They claimed that my wife name was not on the agreement hence their reluctance in drafting me a letter but waiting on the landlord to make his mind up on the issue but just incase he refused to grant my request is there a way out for me?

thanks in advance
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
Gbolaboy:
Hello good people, am in dire need of advise on the spouse visa application about to submit for my wife.

1. is it compulsory to include gross earning on employment letter of someone working on non salaried employment? my employer said is impossible for them to give estimate of my earning.

2. Does address on my marriage certificate mean anything? am based in U.K. but instead filled the marriage form with my Nigeria address..is this something i need to worry myself on?

3. Am having issue getting a letter from my landlord/estate agent. They claimed that my wife name was not on the agreement hence their reluctance in drafting me a letter but waiting on the landlord to make his mind up on the issue but just incase he refused to grant my request is there a way out for me?

thanks in advance

Your application looks questionable and suspicious, personally i don't think you should submit it

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (511) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.