Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,492 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034185 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
AdimO1:

I just spoke to them (UK NARIC) and was told the scanned copies are okay.
Thanks guys

Yes scanned copies are fine. Even if you take a pic of it and email it across, that is apparently also fine.
My husband's University refused to give us a transcript, so we had to email across scanned copies of the degree and letter from University then the University sent the transcript directly to them using our UK Naric application reference.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I just received the email below for settlement (priority). I did biometrics at VI on Wednesday 30th Nov and my wife sent supporting documents to Sheffied on 1st Dec and it was delivered via Royal mail on 2nd Dec. I personally tracked it online. She included a self addressed envelope with postage of about 11pounds o and now they are saying we should send a self addressed envelope.

My question is: have they received the supporting documents or not? If they have, then they should see the self addressed envelope.

Dea Applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF**********
For: Applicant

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
abubarakat:
Hello Everyone,

I just received the email below for settlement (priority). I did biometrics at VI on Wednesday 30th Nov and my wife sent supporting documents to Sheffied on 1st Dec and it was delivered via Royal mail on 2nd Dec. I personally tracked it online. She included a self addressed envelope with postage of about 11pounds o and now they are saying we should send a self addressed envelope.

My question is: have they received the supporting documents or not? If they have, then they should see the self addressed envelope.

Dea Applicant,

Regarding Visa Application: GWF**********
For: Applicant

We are in receipt of a Visa Application for the above named person. We have noted that no pre-paid return envelope has been provided with the documents submitted by the above named applicant or their sponsor. Please provide a suitable sized envelope with appropriate postage so we can return all the supporting documents to your Sponsors UK address.

When a decision has been made, we will be unable to despatch your documents until we receive a pre-paid envelope.

Please send to:
Sheffield Visa Section
Vulcan House Iron, Floor 4
6 Millsands
Sheffield
S3 8NH

Please note that the applicant’s passport will not be despatched in this method and will instead be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre that the application was made at. Notification will be sent from the staff at the Visa Application Centre when the passport is ready for collection.

Kind regards,

Sheffield Visa Section

Was the SAE that of recorded/special delivery? If yes, you could reply and say one was provided when the documents were sent to Sheffield and give them the tracking number of the SAE.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Beautifulswan: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good day house. I've been through over150 pages of this wonderful thread and I am I'm still kind of confused. A large portion of the thread seems more of settlement visa. My dilenma is this, my fiancé and I are planning to get married next month. He is in the UK on a tier 5 work visa. He has not worked for up to a year in the UK(so he won't have bank statement for up to a year) I'm supposed to join him next year. Which is advised? A dependent visa or a visitor's visa.
Cc: justwise and other knowledgeable gurus in the house please help!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 8:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
It is a special delivery SAE with tracking number. I have replied them as you suggested. Thanks

Do you know if they acknowledge the receipt of supporting documents? I don't know if they have received our supporting documents or not even though it was signed for at Vulcan House.

Foreveryours201:

Was the SAE that of recorded/special delivery? If yes, you could reply and say one was provided when the documents were sent to Sheffield and give them the tracking number of the SAE.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
abubarakat:
It is a special delivery SAE with tracking number. I have replied them as you suggested. Thanks

Do you know if they acknowledge the receipt of supporting documents? I don't know if they have received our supporting documents or not even though it was signed for at Vulcan House.

They didn't acknowledge ours. However, since you have tracked it and it has been signed for, I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that they're asking for SAE to send supporting documents back means they must have received them. They just haven't looked well to see the SAE which was enclosed!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by abubarakat: 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks. I want to believe so and I pray they search our docs with their eyes wide open!

In
Foreveryours201:

They didn't acknowledge ours. However, since you have tracked it and it has been signed for, I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that they're asking for SAE to send supporting documents back means they must have received them. They just haven't looked well to see the SAE which was enclosed!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:55am On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:
Good day house. I've been through over150 pages of this wonderful thread and I am I'm still kind of confused. A large portion of the thread seems more of settlement visa. My dilenma is this, my fiancé and I are planning to get married next month. He is in the UK on a tier 5 work visa. He has not worked for up to a year in the UK(so he won't have bank statement for up to a year) I'm supposed to join him next year. Which is advised? A dependent visa or a visitor's visa.

Dependent visa or visiting visa, both visa's requires your sponsor to be in active employment. Not unless he is not sponsoring any of the listed visa's.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 3:03am On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

If you're joining a spouse, it's a settlement visa you need not dependant. Applying for a visitor visa will be a waste of time and money because once you state that he's a spouse your visitor visa will be denied and you'll be advised to apply for the appropriate visa
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2016
Uchman365:

If you're joining a spouse, it's a settlement visa you need not dependant. Applying for a visitor visa will be a waste of time and money because once you state that he's a spouse your visitor visa will be denied and you'll be advised to apply for the appropriate visa

She cannot apply for settlement visa, simply because her husband is on a visa and not a British Citizen. Let's even assume she can apply for a settlement visa, her husband does not meet the financial requirements conditions & possibly other prerequisites for settlement visa.
If he has not worked for almost a year, the wider question is, how as he been surviving?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Beautifulswan: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

She cannot apply for settlement visa, simply because her husband is on a visa and not a British Citizen. Let's even assume she can apply for a settlement visa, her husband does not meet the financial requirements conditions & possibly other prerequisites for settlement visa.
If he has not worked for almost a year, the wider question is, how as he been surviving?

Sorry maybe I was ambiguous. He is working, but has not worked in the uk for up to a year ie. He is in active employment but he just has not worked for up to a total of a year to have a year's worth of pay slips. He ears more than £35000 annually. I'm just confused if a dependant visa will be stressful to get and so I should apply for a visitors visa until he works for up to a year.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:19am On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

Sorry maybe I was ambiguous. He is working, but has not worked in the uk for up to a year ie. He is in active employment but he just has not worked for up to a total of a year to have a year's worth of pay slips. He ears more than £35000 annually. I'm just confused if a dependant visa will be stressful to get and so I should apply for a visitors visa until he works for up to a year.

Now your question is slightly clearer. Where does he reside?
Dependent visa is your best route. A visitors visa is more time sensitive, and does not entitle you to seek employment (not unless you have no intentions to work and dipping in and out between 4 - 6 months each time). And not forgetting that the visiting visa application might also not be granted...................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Beautifulswan: 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Now your question is slightly clearer. Where does he reside?
Dependent visa is your best route. A visitors visa is more time sensitive, and does not entitle you to seek employment (not unless you have no intentions to work and dipping in and out between 4 - 6 months each time). And not forgetting that the visiting visa application might also not be granted...................

He resides in the UK. He left for the UK about 6 months ago and has been working since then. I'm kinda confused because of the fact that he has not worked there for up to a year since throughout the thread I keep seeing a year's pay slip and he wouldn't have that. So will it work against us in the application for dependant visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

He resides in the UK. He left for the UK about 6 months ago and has been working since then. I'm kinda confused because of the fact that he has not worked there for up to a year since throughout the thread I keep seeing a year's pay slip and he wouldn't have that. So will it work against us in the application for dependant visa?

Read this document for clarification

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/572552/Nov_2016_Dependant_Guidance.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

If requirement is 12 months and you submit only 6 months, you already know your answer before you submit......................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Beautifulswan: 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Read this document for clarification

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/572552/Nov_2016_Dependant_Guidance.pdf

Thank you for the document. It has clarified all my confusion. And we have all the requirements. We don't need the one year worth of payslips just a certain amount to be available to the sponsor and dependant and w have that. Thank you once again for that document. Bless!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Beautifulswan:

Thank you for the document. It has clarified all my confusion. And we have all the requirements. We don't need the one year worth of payslips just a certain amount to be available to the sponsor and dependant and w have that. Thank you once again for that document. Bless!

Thank you Beautifulswan, I hope to also be a Handsomevulture.............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hello Good people of nairaland most especially Lexusgs430,Foreveryours, Portsmouth and one man that thought my case was shady Justwise ;DI appreciate you all for your efforts and contribution in helping others achieve their goals of being with their partners.

I thought Is ideal for me to tell the house that my wife got her visa about a week ago now.she went for priority and it was approved based on the letter included in her package on the 29th of November. I will put my timeline on the forum soon.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gbolaboy:
Hello Good people of nairaland most especially Lexusgs430,Foreveryours, Portsmouth and one man that thought my case was shady Justwise ;DI appreciate you all for your efforts and contribution in helping others achieve their goals of being with their partners.

I thought Is ideal for me to tell the house that my wife got her visa about a week ago now.she went for priority and it was approved based on the letter included in her package on the 29th of November. I will put my timeline on the forum soon.

Congratulations. Remember to pay us our tithe........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulations Gbolaboy

Gbolaboy:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Foreveryours201: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gbolaboy:

Congrats!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Gbolaboy:

Yes I did say that your case looks suspicious because of the way you outlined it.

Congratulations though.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Gbolaboy: 12:33am On Dec 10, 2016
No hard feeling Mr Justwise. I appreciate you all and thanks for the good will messages.

Lexusgs430, am sending you the tithe through DHL it should get to you early next year.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:37am On Dec 10, 2016
Gbolaboy:
No hard feeling Mr Justwise. I appreciate you all and thanks for the good will messages.

Lexusgs430, am sending you the tithe through DHL it should get to you early next year.

Haba Oga Gbolaboy, now wey u wan carry your Madam run, u wan dey do me shimishimi.
And I was thinking DHL pride their company in express delivery,how come early next year delivery? Snail-DHL or you putting me on a long tin?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jennyze: 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
@Gbolaboy

Please can you put up your timeline. Seems like yours took less than 10 working days!

Thanks.

Gbolaboy:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
Jennyze:
@Gbolaboy

Please can you put up your timeline. Seems like yours took less than 10 working days!

Thanks.

Money speaking Queen's English. The power and might of priority application.....................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Abbylove: 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tell me about it!

11.1 working days av gone by...

No refund of IHS (thank God)
No interview invitation
No mail about process being complicated
No news
No update.

Hubby sent them a mail. Hopefully we would hear from them this week.

Lexusgs430:

Money speaking Queen's English. The power and might of priority application.....................
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jelmusboy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello good people. My wife submitted her Tier 4 dependant visa on the 16th November at Ikeja and got to Sheffield on the 18th November. Up till now, we've not got any decision from UKVI.

What could have happened and what can we do?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:05am On Dec 11, 2016
jelmusboy:
Hello good people. My wife submitted her Tier 4 dependant visa on the 16th November at Ikeja and got to Sheffield on the 18th November. Up till now, we've not got any decision from UKVI.

Less than 2 months ago? Is it November 2015 or November 2016?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Uchman365: 1:14am On Dec 11, 2016
jelmusboy:

O boy na long tin o! 90 days at the very least
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jelmusboy(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
Why should it be 2015?

Lexusgs430:

Less than 2 months ago? Is it November 2015 or November 2016?

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.