Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,223 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:54 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026751 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tadelov:
Demoore you are next in jesus name and i would post my timeline later at night when i settle back in.i received decison made email from tls yesterday around 1.15pm and ready for collection around 3.46pm so picked up this morning

Amen.
I tracked my application today and they replied via email saying a decision has been made. Abeg make una put me for prayers.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Babyann2016(f): 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Tadelov:
Hello house,i just picked up my passport with my visa in it!!! I am so grateful to God because he alone made this application successful.i realised After submitting that i didnt submit some important documents but God helped me.i am also grateful to everybody on this forum because when i was panicking and feeling very down,i would come hear and read through people's experiences and it got me through the whole process and i wish everybody still waiting all the luck in the world
Congratulations @tadelov...now am relief that mine will be 100% success because we have similar experience
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tadelov: 9:15pm On Jan 10, 2017
Yayy you almost there,dont worry your visa has already been stamped

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tadelov: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2017
My timeline
Wife (priority)
Online application 30/11/2016
Biometrics 2/12/2016
Hubby sent supporting docs 3/12/2016
Supporting documents delivered 5/12/2016 (we tracked it)
Sheffield confirmed receipt of online application 5/12/2016
Status enquiry made on 30/12/2016-application still in progress
Status enquiry made again on 3/01/2017- decision made
Supporting documents sent back to hubby 5/01/2017
Email from tls saying decision has been made 9/01/2017 at 1.15pm
Email from tls that document is ready for collection 9/01/2017 at 3.46pm
Passport and visa collected 10/01/2017

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Tsuprisee: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2017
Benz101:

1). An alternative to contract of employment is to get a letter from the employer, written on company letter headed paper, stamped and signed by a senior mgt staff e.g manager. Details to include: employee's name, start date, position, the employment type, gross income, confirmation that payslip and p60 was issued by the company.

2). An alternative to tenancy agreement is a letter from land lord confirming that your husband lives at the property. The letter should state the property type e.g two bedroom flat with a living room. They should confirm that they are happy for you to stay there.
Also as your husband shares the flat, he needs to get a supporting letter from the occupant, confirming that s/he is happy for you to stay there. Your husband should include any bills in his name.
I uploaded the PDF of these in the past pages if I can remember. My laptop is misbehaving now and needs some technical touches,I would have uploaded it. Send an email to g_guis@yahoo.com I will forward the PDF to you from my email.

Thank you Benz101 i appreciate this sent a mail to your box now
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by oladunni4real: 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Congratulations to everyone and those of us still awaiting good results by God's grace. Please lets try and remember those on appeal stages too, and put them in our prayers also. Has any1 appealing on this forum heard anything since their appeal process started?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adexkush25: 8:15am On Jan 11, 2017
Hi guys
Can someone help me out
I need the list of supporting documents for uk spouse visa
My husband is the sponsors buh am not sure of the documents that should be forward from Nigeria
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2017
If you have the time, you can post visa timeline here too:
https://www.nairaland.com/3041260/post-uk-visa-timeline-here/1
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adexkush25: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2017
Can someone help me out
How do I book an appointment if I want to submit an application for uk settlement visa
What documents do I need to apply with hubby is with supporting documents
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Adexkush25: 8:56am On Jan 11, 2017
Adexkush25:
Hi guys
Can someone help me out
My husband is the sponsors buh am not sure of the documents that should be forward from Nigeria
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 11:35am On Jan 11, 2017
Adexkush25:
Hi guys
Can someone help me out

Help yourself first by reading previous pages. You will see the supporting documents you need.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2017
Adexkush25:
Hi guys
Can someone help me out

Have you completely read through this thread?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Benz101: 11:50am On Jan 11, 2017
Adexkush25:
Can someone help me out
How do I book an appointment if I want to submit an application for uk settlement visa
What documents do I need to apply with hubby is with supporting documents

Find attached the supporting documents you need.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2017
Hi @Adexkush25, this should GUIDE you:

1. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

2. Guide to List of Applicant Documents: https://l.?u=https%3A%2F%2Flookaside.fbsbx.com%2Ffile%2Fdocuments%2520spouse%2520visa%2520application.docx%3Ftoken%3DAWxtjYfQYoSiMfFS9UmQzBXeSjErWklNKV9zlhagVKCPVSHhi2pMQiBPnxZRrE6U_Ew0cJZBruE-PtVVsePhmNGZekvP8gXuan35c5LS6sK9oI_EG80VqSAYOExYP14urkX_SNA-pMkKvprkakmypc_7&h=QAQHGvqAT

Under Accommodation/Renting include - council tax and utility bills

3. Visa Category: Settlement-wife, for wives applying to join their husbands settled in the UK. Settlement-husband, for husbands applying to join their wives settled in the UK.

Documents originating from Nigeria can be submitted from Nigeria, while those originating from UK can be submitted from UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2017
Tadelov:
Yayy you almost there,dont worry your visa has already been stamped

Amen!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mchikwaira: 12:03am On Jan 12, 2017
Did you hear back?
Darcy16:
Hey, we applied end of October and not heard anything yet. Don't worry by the end of this month the forum will be popping with the info you want and your input too.

I don't know who it was but the weekday calculator that was posted helps a bit but try not to get addicted to counting down as it's just a rough estimate and can make one go a bit crazy-

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html?y1=2016&m1=10&d1=28&y2=2017&m2=1&d2=25

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2017
It's a cycle bro...

I'm waiting for Benz101 to share his good news and you're waiting for me... Fingers crossed we shall hear something very very soon

Mchikwaira:
Did you hear back?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Snow!!! shocked

Weather for meji lipsrsealed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hows everyone doing?

Please what is the visa fee for Priority service?

Is the the address below the right one to post all supporting documents?

UK Visas and Immigration International
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
United Kingdom
S3 8WA

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:50pm On Jan 12, 2017
Abbylove, hope you are enjoying the snow?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 6:15am On Jan 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

tunderule2016 - Come and mark your register o . I hear its cold and freezing now, no allow brain- freeze block you from assisting our damsel in distress.......

oya come here na make i mark am lol.. happy new year...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:32am On Jan 13, 2017
tunderule2016:

oya come here na make i mark am lol.. happy new year...

Compliments of the season. How Mr & Mrs Snowy?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Fynebouy: 7:55am On Jan 13, 2017
Adexkush25:
Hi guys
Can someone help me out

Hi, as someone who is on the appeal process (mind you, I have been applying for visas and never denied for almost 15 years, I have a 10 years family visit visa for UK, U.S., Canada etc), my advise will be first spend time and read this thread. Don't be in a hurry to apply. It's not so much the list of documents but how thoughtful you are in putting the evidence together. I was denied on the basis that my relationship was not genuine or subsisting. I assumed that because I had a long and positive UK visa history, I will not have any issues.

So as someone else advised you, read the thread. Take notes. Don't be in a rush. Better you use one month to gather as much evidence that you need, what's app logs, phone logs, all manner of photos, medical records, bank statements showing how you assist each other financially. In fact take it as an audit of your relationship with your spouse, the aim being to put together evidence to show whether you are really I'm love.

In our own case, it revealed a lot about us to each other and even improved our relationship.

Best of luck. And for all who are in the appeal process too, I pray God will see you through.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2017
Fynebouy:

Hi, as someone who is on the appeal process (mind you, I have been applying for visas and never denied for almost 15 years, I have a 10 years family visit visa for UK, U.S., Canada etc), my advise will be first spend time and read this thread. Don't be in a hurry to apply. It's not so much the list of documents but how thoughtful you are in putting the evidence together. I was denied on the basis that my relationship was not genuine or subsisting. I assumed that because I had a long and positive UK visa history, I will not have any issues.

So as someone else advised you, read the thread. Take notes. Don't be in a rush. Better you use one month to gather as much evidence that you need, what's app logs, phone logs, all manner of photos, medical records, bank statements showing how you assist each other financially. In fact take it as an audit of your relationship with your spouse, the aim being to put together evidence to show whether you are really I'm love.

In our own case, it revealed a lot about us to each other and even improved our relationship.

Best of luck. And for all who are in the appeal process too, I pray God will see you through.

You have spoken/written well (the only fynebouy,that is actually a fynegal)............
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2017
Seriously well said @Fynebouy!! There are no shortcuts to this visa application that I have realised is the most important/ strictest of all the visas because it can result in indefinite stay on the island. There are people out there that wish they found this forum before submitting and read through it. Others have that opportunity and just want to skip it.

Treat this forum as an expo and read it well before the exam
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
Greetings house,
I just picked up my passport and visa this morning 10:45am!!! It has been a real journey for me and I give thanks to God that it has ended well.

I sincerely wish I had found out about this thread before embarking on this spouse visa application project. Initially, I had mistakenly submitted 'settlement-marriage' instead of 'settlement-husband' application in my first attempt. On realizing I submitted the wrong application, I quickly cancelled and recalled the application on same day. But the visa fee of over £1,200 which I paid went with the wind since I had already submitted my biometrics. There was no refund for me cry It felt like the ground should open up and swallow me...over N650k (£1,200) lost in this our recession! I have not fully recovered from that loss to be honest.

I picked myself up and started again. This time I applied with the right application: settlement-husband, and I also paid for priority. Unfortunately, it was only after submitting my 2nd application that I found out about this thread and realized that my 2nd application was not as strong as I could have made it. But the Lord did it for me all the same.

Visa granted since 8th Jan 2017 (I didn't know they stamp visas on Sundays)

I will post my visa timeline shortly.

You guys should keep up the good work of providing UK visa information on this thread. God bless you all abundantly!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
Congratulations @Demoore

Forget that money. The rest of your life just started.

Now it's all about the next flight out.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
MY VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE:

Country applying from: Nigeria
Visa Processing Office Location: Sheffield, UK
Type of visa applied for: Settlement - Husband (Priority)

10th Dec 2016 - Online Application Submitted
14th Dec 2016 - Biometrics Taken
14th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents couriered to UKVI, Sheffield
15th Dec 2016 - Email from TLScontact - Application Received by UK Visas & Immigration
16th Dec 2016 - Sponsor's Documents received at UKVI, Sheffield
16th Dec 2016 - Email from UKVI advising application received in Sheffield and being prepared for consideration by an ECO
4th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying application yet to be assessed
10th Jan 2017 - Email response from an inquiry saying decision has been made
11th Jan 2017 - Supporting documents returned to my wife
12th Jan 2017 - Decision Email from TLScontact 12:29pm
12th Jan 2017 - Collection Email received from TLScontact 3:41pm
8th Jan 2017 - Date Visa was Issued
13th Jan 2017 - Passport & Visa Collected
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
Demoore:
Greetings house,
I just picked up my passport and visa this morning 10:45am!!! It has been a real journey for me and I give thanks to God that it has ended well.

I sincerely wish I had found out about this thread before embarking on this spouse visa application project. Initially, I had mistakenly submitted 'settlement-marriage' instead of 'settlement-husband' application in my first attempt. On realizing I submitted the wrong application, I quickly cancelled and recalled the application on same day. But the visa fee of over £1,200 which I paid went with the wind since I had already submitted my biometrics. There was no refund for me cry It felt like the ground should open up and swallow me...over N650k (£1,200) lost in this our recession! I have not fully recovered from that loss to be honest.

I picked myself up and started again. This time I applied with the right application: settlement-husband, and I also paid for priority. Unfortunately, it was only after submitting my 2nd application that I found out about this thread and realized that my 2nd application was not as strong as I could have made it. But the Lord did it for me all the same.

Visa granted since 8th Jan 2017 (I didn't know they stamp visas on Sundays)

I will post my visa timeline shortly.

You guys should keep up the good work of providing UK visa information on this thread. God bless you all abundantly!

Congratulations!!!...the most important thing is that your application is successful. This year is full of good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
Darcy16:
Congratulations @Demoore

Forget that money. The rest of your life just started.

Now it's all about the next flight out.

Thank you. Yes ooo....forward looking.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Demoore(m): 1:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
Realgeo:

Congratulations!!!...the most important thing is that your application is successful. This year is full of good news.

@Realgeo Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.