Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034266 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:08pm On Apr 25, 2017
AdimO1:
hi guys... this is to the house(to all the gurus @justwise @Lexusgs430 and to those who already made application), please is there anything you think i should include?
below are the documents i plan to submit next week. thanks

Section 1: Application Documents-

 Online completed visa application form (printed)
 Copy of a Filled-out form of Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)
 Online transaction confirming both payments £1464 for the visa fee and £600 for IMM health Surcharge and priority application fee £551.
 Letter of support / Declaration (from Sponsor / Wife)
 Letter of introduction (from Applicant / Husband)
 Letter of support / Declaration (from Sponsor’s Mum and Applicant’s Dad)
 Copy of Sponsor /Wife (British passport data page)
 Copy of Sponsor /Wife (Nigerian passport data page)
 Copy of Sponsor’s Mum (British passport data page)
 Copy of Applicant /Husband (Nigerian passport data page)
 Copy of Applicant /Husband Nigerian passport
 Copy of Applicant /Husband EU residence permit
 Copy of Applicant /Husband previous UK visa’s, entry stamps of UK,
 Tuberculosis test results (Not applicable to applicant, because applicant lives in Germany and has been and only traveled within the Schengen Area, Croatia and UK in the past 4 years. February 2013 was the last time applicant was in Nigeria or any country where tuberculosis test is required.)
 Evidence of your current employment or studies: Applicants certificate of registration for study / Proof of Study
 Evidence of English language requirement: Copy of UK Naric assessment/proof of English (and applicant’s bachelor and Masters degree certificate in Economics and Transcripts of records & Medium of Instruction letters from my universities)
 Birth certificate (Applicant and Sponsor)
 Proof of Applicant and Sponsor first meeting in hamburg, Germany in June 2013 printed out from Facebook (screenshot, so the date when the picture was uploaded is seen)
 Proof of when applicant last saw sponsor on 21/04/2017 (flight ticket back to London and screenshot of snapchat picture taken at airport with date encrypted by snapchat).
 Applicant’s Bank statement

Section 2: Maintenance (Finance and Employment)-
 Sponsor’s Contract of Employment
 Sponsor’s Offer of Employment confirming gross salary, fixed term and job title
 Sponsor’s Employment letter
 Sponsor’s 9 months’ Payslips. (August 2016- April 2017). note: sponsor exceed the financial requirement.
 P60s
 Tax code document
 Bank statements for Nationwide Current account-6 months
 Bank statements for Halifax Current account- 6 months
 Certificate of full registration as a medical practitioner

Section 3: Accommodation-

 tenancy agreement (2 bedroom flat, for us alone)
 Licence to occupy / Letter from landlord, confirming husband can reside at the apartment
 Offer of Tenancy
 Profoma Invice for tanacy & receipt of payment
 Property inspection report & receipt of payment
 Council tax bill
 Electricity bill
 sky bill
 Photos view of apartment and details

Section 4: Relationship Evidence/ Proof of Genuine Relationship

 Marriage certificate (EU copy)
 Declaration of marriage issued by Nigerian Embassy in germany
 Affidavit of fact
 Affidavit of marital status issued by British embassy in germany
 Proof of Applicant and Sponsor Tenancy agreement(both our names included in the contract as joint tenants) where we both lived together in Germany for 2years 9months during our University days
• SU07/12 Sponsorship undertaking form
• 9x Flight confirmations, e tickets, boarding passes
• 7x Azimo receipts of money and money transfers from Sponsor to Applicant and money transfer from Applicant to Sponsor’s bank account.
• Hotel booking confirmations on our trips or vacation in Hungary, Slovenia, Czech republic from 2014 - 2017
• KeepCalling Call logs from 10th July 2016-to 25/04/2017
• WhatsApp chat history from July 2015-April 2017
• Facebook inbox messages from June 2013-April 2017
• photos we took together FB (80pictures), plus Instagram photos (50pictures), wedding photos (45pictures), surprise Engagement photos(47pictures), Vacations photos (45pictures)
* 6x Emails
* Cards.
• Wedding Nigeria and Prewedding Nigeria upload of our Surprise Engagement party pictures and messages/comments on their website and on their Instagram page.
* friends upload of our Surprise Engagement party and wedding pictures on their Instagram and Facebook page.

Why are you submitting 2 different bank statements?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Why are you submitting 2 different bank statements?

thanks @lexusgs430 ... one is her salary account, the other show our fund/money transfers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
AdimO1:

thanks @lexusgs430 ... one is her salary account, the other show our fund/money transfers

Are you applying from Nigeria?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 11:19pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Are you applying from Nigeria?

no, am applying from germany (i live in germany)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2017
AdimO1:

no, am applying from germany (i live in germany)

I tried to figure out, cos could see European and Nigerian hints.
A quick question, are you legally resident in Germany?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I tried to figure out, cos could see European and Nigerian hints.
A quick question, are you legally resident in Germany?

yes i am. i have a residence permit
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
AdimO1:

Can't the German permit be converted to EU passport? Just thinking of ways to save the settlement visa cost......
Have you already looked into it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
AdimO1:

Since you are already resident in the EU, porting over should not necessarily cost an arm and a leg......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 12:09am On Apr 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Can't the German permit be converted to EU passport? Just thinking of ways to save the settlement visa cost......
Have you already looked into it?

nah, u need to pass the german language exam, etc it would have been easier if i was married to a german.. but am married to a British citizen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:12am On Apr 26, 2017
AdimO1:

nah, u need to pass the german language exam, etc it would have been easier if i was married to a german.. but am married to a British citizen

Ok, don't know how the German system works.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2017
tosine:
I just picked up my passport with my visa stamped on it. I want to thank everyone that keeps contributing on this forum. I will post my timeline and supporting documents later.
Congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kesterina: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone. Its my first post on this forum. I have been reading other peoples post and it really helped me during my spouse visa application. I applied in February 2017. I sent all supporting documents, whatsaap chats, Phone call history since 2014, wedding pictures and other casual pics.the mistake i made was sending our court marriage certificate which was on The 8th of April 2015 but in my application i filled in the date of our church wedding which was on the 9th of April. Pls i want to know if this will affect my application since the certificate is genuine. Thanks for your support.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kesterina:
Hi everyone. Its my first post on this forum. I have been reading other peoples post and it really helped me during my spouse visa application. I applied in February 2017. I sent all supporting documents, whatsaap chats, Phone call history since 2014, wedding pictures and other casual pics.the mistake i made was sending our court marriage certificate which was on The 8th of April 2015 but in my application i filled in the date of our church wedding which was on the 9th of April. Pls i want to know if this will affect my application since the certificate is genuine. Thanks for your support.

It should not affect your application. By court certificate, it is presumed you meant registry ? 2015?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kesterina: 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

It should not affect your application. By court certificate, it is presumed you meant registry ? 2015?

Yes i ment registry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Kesterina:

Yes i ment registry

Should not pose any problems, if all other documentations are on point.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SteelyMan: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2017
tosine:
I just picked up my visa.

Oh wow. Congratulations!! Got me swiping my email every half hour now.

All the best.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
okay awon gurus in the house, this NARIC people are asking for a medium of instruction letter, any heads up on it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Google it.

https://uknaric.org/tag/medium-of-instruction/

The Uni has to write a letter stating that the course was taught in English.

EvaMD:
okay awon gurus in the house, this NARIC people are asking for a medium of instruction letter, any heads up on it

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Darcy16: 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Congrats Tosine. Bring Sunrays with you. I don't understand this cold spring

tosine:
I just picked up my passport with my visa stamped on it. I want to thank everyone that keeps contributing on this forum. I will post my timeline and supporting documents later.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2017
hello everyone.gurus and all whom have made successful application

please as regards the online application, there is a place where you asked for how long you will stay in the uk. is it technically correct to say 33months (which is the duration of the visa) or to say continuous/permanent/join wife.

secondly is p60 compulsory (despite having payslips that show how much u earn, tax deduction and other deductions and bank statements?

thanks in anticipation of your response

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
33 months is correct. That's what I put in my application.

P60 is not compulsory, as long as you meet the financial requirement with supporting documents of a letter of employment showing start of employment and gross pay, 6 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements to prove that your salary is paid into your account.

But if you have your p60 and feel like adding it to your supporting documents then it's ok but not compulsory.

AdimO1:
hello everyone.gurus and all whom have made successful application

please as regards the online application, there is a place where you asked for how long you will stay in the uk. is it technically correct to say 33months (which is the duration of the visa) or to say continuous/permanent/join wife.

secondly is p60 compulsory (despite having payslips that show how much u earn, tax deduction and other deductions and bank statements?

thanks in anticipation of your response

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
tosine:
33 months is correct. That's what I put in my application.

P60 is not compulsory, as long as you meet the financial requirement with supporting documents of a letter of employment showing start of employment and gross pay, 6 months pay slips, 6 months bank statements to prove that your salary is paid into your account.

But if you have your p60 and feel like adding it to your supporting documents then it's ok but not compulsory.

thanks a lot smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 5:13pm On May 01, 2017
Hello is been a while have been following this trend i ask a question sometime ago am planning to submit spouse application hopefully this month. Please can anyone share how the spouse letter cover template will look like pls.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 8:45pm On May 01, 2017
Cover letter is just to confirm that your sponsor is in full support of your application. You can also write briefly on how you met, when you started dating and when you got married.
Make it simple, not too long and straight to the point.

Isommex:
Hello is been a while have been following this trend i ask a question sometime ago am planning to submit spouse application hopefully this month. Please can anyone share how the spouse letter cover template will look like pls.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 6:51am On May 02, 2017
@tosine thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 12:34pm On May 02, 2017
okay people please I want to do the TB test, can it be done at any government hospital or the approved ones as specified on their website, I currently reside in PH
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 1:14pm On May 02, 2017
Only approved ones as specified.

EvaMD:
okay people please I want to do the TB test, can it be done at any government hospital or the approved ones as specified on their website, I currently reside in PH

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 1:25pm On May 02, 2017
tosine:
Only approved ones as specified.

thank you so much, so that means I have to go to lagos ,also did you receive an email to come for biometrics or you just went in on any day, I ask this to enable me plan, so I know I go to lagos and get it done
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 2:34pm On May 02, 2017
SteelyMan:

Oh wow. Congratulations!! Got me swiping my email every half hour now.

All the best.

Hey Steelyman. Any update ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SteelyMan: 3:20pm On May 02, 2017
Picked up my passport today with visa endorsed. Finally, I exhale. Tipping my hat to all who have shared on this platform — the knowledge here is invaluable. Thank you.

Will post timeline and submitted docs in a few hours...currently typing from my phone.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 4:04pm On May 02, 2017
When completing you application online, you will select any available date and time for your biometrics. That is te day you go for biometrics.

EvaMD:

thank you so much, so that means I have to go to lagos ,also did you receive an email to come for biometrics or you just went in on any day, I ask this to enable me plan, so I know I go to lagos and get it done

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tosine: 4:05pm On May 02, 2017
Congrats @SteelyMan.

SteelyMan:
Picked up my passport today with visa endorsed. Finally, I exhale. Tipping my hat to all who have shared on this platform — the knowledge here is invaluable. Thank you.

Will post timeline and submitted docs in a few hours...currently typing from my phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.