Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034498 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 8:30am On May 23, 2017
Bibra800:
Congratulations !!!! Thank you for the wishes.I hope myself and Nakiemi will come and share good news soon too.
You are write about the forum.It was justwise that answered my masters Student visa application. Questions .I met my husband a month after I arrived England and we have a 4 month old son now.You never know how far your words will go .

Anyways ,Good luck !!!!!

Hey Bibra.....I'm watching out for your good news as well as that of Nakiemi...... Thanks a whole lot as well.....

As said in my native, "Ire Akari".... Just stay in good spirits.... That thing is hard sha.....its easier said than done.....LOL....B+

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On May 23, 2017
Spinardo:

Aaahhhhaaannnn Bros Lexusgs430......Sombori cannot play with u ni.... Heheheheheheee...... Worry not.... I'm willing to forfeit the information since that is the price....lol

Oga Spinardo, is this how you do........ No worry, once I cross over, I go send the pali back....... (shame I cannot send the ticket back).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 10:22am On May 23, 2017
Bibra800:
Congratulations !!!! Thank you for the wishes.I hope myself and Nakiemi will come and share good news soon too.
You are write about the forum.It was justwise that answered my masters Student visa application. Questions .I met my husband a month after I arrived England and we have a 4 month old son now.You never know how far your words will go .

Anyways ,Good luck !!!!!

and you are just saying this now abi,,,one round of drinks on the house on you,

I come here everyday and am now about to submit my application today as well wish me luck everyone.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 10:43am On May 23, 2017
Hahaha.I mentioned the success of the application before .I feel like Justwise is a very coded reserved guy so not to embarrass him.
Anyways, make una no vex. Good luck with your application EVaMD, I could have sworn I've been seeing your name here before.
I'm still waiting on a decision myself ,I'll come and share good news by Gods grace .

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2017
EvaMD:

I come here everyday and am now about to submit my application today as well wish me luck everyone.

God favor on your application.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EvaMD: 12:19pm On May 23, 2017
off to do my biometrics, wishing myself luck all the way..

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:52pm On May 23, 2017
Bibra800:
Hahaha.I mentioned the success of the application before .I feel like Justwise is a very coded reserved guy so not to embarrass him.
Anyways, make una no vex. Good luck with your application EVaMD, I could have sworn I've been seeing your name here before.
I'm still waiting on a decision myself ,I'll come and share good news by Gods grace .

Are you sure about that? grin grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 1:25pm On May 23, 2017
Yes o.Unless my powers of deduction have failed me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 4:32pm On May 23, 2017
EvaMD:

Wishing you all the best . God favour and speed

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SteelyMan: 5:22pm On May 23, 2017
SteelyMan:
Visa Timeline

11/03/17 - Online application (submitted and fully paid)
17/03/17 - Biometrics appointment at TLS VI
17/03/17 - Supporting documents posted from Lagos via DHL
20/03/17 - Response from UKVI Sheffield confirming receipt of application
20/03/17 - DHL delivery date for supporting documents
28/04/17 - Application Assessed email from TLScontact
28/04/17 - Application Ready for Collection email from TLScontact
xx/xx/xx - Supporting documents returned in UK
02/05/17 - Passport collected
18/05/17 - Date visa valid from

Strangely, I am unable to track the prepaid envelope on Royal Mail with the ref number I have. I just keep getting a "Please come back later" status message. But, I imagine that if UKVI had problems with the prepaid envelope they would have emailed me by now, so I have no reason to worry.

Meanwhile, I still have not received my documents back o! This is quite strange. I have emailed the international enquiry service and provided all my information to them, and they say they have "escalated" the matter. I'm quite worried because I know Home Office (and UKVI by extension) often misplace docs (even passports). With the exception of my birth certificate and passport, these people have more or less every important document in my life!

Anyone else had this experience? Those who received passports back in the last 2-3 weeks, did you all receive your supporting docs? Any delays at all? Anyone with any wisdom as to how to trace and retrieve my docs?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AdimO1(m): 9:55pm On May 23, 2017
To the GURU's in the house: please as regards this, "Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to
a period which ends with the "date of application", that evidence must be dated no earlier
than 28 days before the date of application."

Does the date of application mean "the date you submitted online application" OR the date you go for " biometric appointment? "

Anticipating your response.
Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 11:15pm On May 23, 2017
Bibra800:

Anyways ,Good luck !!!!!

Congratulations Spinardo!!! What good news; we thank God!!

Amen to that prayer! Bibra800 and I certainly next to receive our good news and will post our timeline soon!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SteelyMan: 11:25pm On May 23, 2017
AdimO1:
To the GURU's in the house: please as regards this, "Where Appendix FM-SE requires the applicant to provide specified evidence relating to
a period which ends with the "date of application", that evidence must be dated no earlier
than 28 days before the date of application."

Does the date of application mean "the date you submitted online application" OR the date you go for " biometric appointment? "

Anticipating your response.
Thanks

I'm inclined to believe that it refers to the biometrics date, considering that the confirmation email you receive after biometrics says "Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK". They do not send this confirmation when you submit online. Best to err on the side of caution by assuming biometrics date because it would ensure that the date on your documents is suitable by either interpretation.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 6:34am On May 24, 2017
Hello good morning my good people have been on this website @tosine stated to register but it says registration unsuccessful. This is the website https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register is there any reason why or is it because am logging on the website in the uk. Can someone pls help I need the link or website to start filling the application form pls. Thanks anticipating feedback from anyone.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 10:17am On May 24, 2017
Isommex:
Hello good morning my good people have been on this website @tosine stated to register but it says registration unsuccessful. This is the website https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Account/Register is there any reason why or is it because am logging on the website in the uk. Can someone pls help I need the link or website to start filling the application form pls. Thanks anticipating feedback from anyone.

I've just clicked on the link and it's working perfectly. You just need to ensure all your information is correct. That could
Be the reason why it's returning unsuccessful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 2:06pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks @nakiemi apparently hubby already register on it that why but is sorted now. Pls is it true english test are only done in lagos and Abuja? Also do anyone know how long it takes for the result to be out.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by TeeLighthouse: 5:00pm On May 24, 2017
Hello all,

Please I need your guidance.
I work in the UK and I have a Tier 2 work visa.
My Fiance and I are getting married in July this year and we'll like to apply for a dependent visa for him immediately afterwards.

I earn £36k/annum
My sister's house is my registered address. Although I live in a shared accommodation, I don't use that address for anything.
My sister's house is my bank address and my payslip address. Would I need to show a proof of accommodation or is my payslip sufficient? Please bear in mind that my name isn't on any bills at my sister's house.

Also, on my application for my on Tier 2 visa, I didn't need to show any savings as my employer ticked on the box to certify that for me.
Reading the guidance, I saw this "If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet
the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the
main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2
leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.
"[/i]
Does anyone know about this?

My current visa expires Feb '18, and I can't renew it until a month before expiration.
So I'm getting my employer to write a letter just to say that I'm employed by them and they'll be renewing my visa in January and also state my salary as well.

I guess my questions are:
1. Do I need to show a proof of accommodation even though I technically live with my sister and I could say he would be coming to live there as well. I could get a letter from my sister to that effect.
2. Based on the guidance above, would we still need to show savings of £630 for 90 days? If yes, can it be in my own account or does it have to be in his own account? (He's the one applying)?
3.What other documents would we need to provide?

Thank you very much for your help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nakiemi(f): 9:04pm On May 24, 2017
Isommex:
Thanks @nakiemi apparently hubby already register on it that why but is sorted now. Pls is it true english test are only done in lagos and Abuja? Also do anyone know how long it takes for the result to be out.

So my husband did his IELTS in Lagos and I think it took about 2 weeks to get a response back. The IELTS centres and their availability are accessible via the British Council the website is: www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/dates-fees-locations
It will let you know all the locations the test can be taken.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 9:22pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks Nakiemi. The test is IELTS A1 skill test?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 10:03pm On May 24, 2017
Isommex:

The IELTS Life skill A1 is needed for UK spouse settlement visa. I took mine in lagos and it takes13 days from the exam date to get your result. Also, you must go to their office at Ikoyi to pick it up. They only post to those outside lagos.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Isommex: 4:15pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks @naikemi.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by gracykay: 5:05pm On May 25, 2017
Hello guys. I just signed up here today just to seek assistance and direction from you all.
Am a master's student currently in U.I. I applied for a 6 month UK tourist visa on 7th of May 2017 and was refused visa. I stated I was being invited by my boyfriend whom we look forward to getting married in the future. And he happens to be my full sponsor and sent all the documents required of him. I don't know what to do next or how to go about it. Below is there reason:
I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs V4.2 because: I am aware of your sponsor's offer to fund this visit however, in order to assess your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted satisfactory documents to verify your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. From the documents provided I am unable to confirm that you have strong financial and personal ties in nigeria that would give you a compelling reason to leave the United Kingdom at the end of this visit. You have provided a letter from the university of Ibadan which appears to confirm you are a student at that institution, but no documents showing studies or academic achievement from UI. You have provided no documents showing that you have recently been visited by your Uk sponsor or when you last met. Without seeing such documents I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit as stated by you in Nigeria, that your relationship is genuine, and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit as stated by you; and do not intend to live for extended periods in the United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months. There is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Realgeo(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2017
gracykay:
Hello guys. I just signed up here today just to seek assistance and direction from you all.
Am a master's student currently in U.I. I applied for a 6 month UK tourist visa on 7th of May 2017 and was refused visa. I stated I was being invited by my boyfriend whom we look forward to getting married in the future. And he happens to be my full sponsor and sent all the documents required of him. I don't know what to do next or how to go about it. Below is there reason:
I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraphs V4.2 because: I am aware of your sponsor's offer to fund this visit however, in order to assess your intentions in the UK I must consider your personal circumstances and I note that you have not submitted satisfactory documents to verify your personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. From the documents provided I am unable to confirm that you have strong financial and personal ties in nigeria that would give you a compelling reason to leave the United Kingdom at the end of this visit. You have provided a letter from the university of Ibadan which appears to confirm you are a student at that institution, but no documents showing studies or academic achievement from UI. You have provided no documents showing that you have recently been visited by your Uk sponsor or when you last met. Without seeing such documents I am not satisfied that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit as stated by you in Nigeria, that your relationship is genuine, and that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit as stated by you; and do not intend to live for extended periods in the United Kingdom through frequent or successive visits or that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months. There is no right of appeal or right to administrative review.

You can re-apply again when u have a substantial evidence to convince the ECO beyond every reasonable doubt that you intend to return to Nigeria at the end of you stay. Good luck

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by gracykay: 5:39am On May 26, 2017
Thanks Realgeo for your input. But what substantial evidence can convince them beyond all reasonable doubt as you said. Please the gurus in the house come and help a sister in a crossroad. Justwise, lawyerdesk and co. bikooo.
What documents do I need to attach again. I just finished with my class work and exams and has started my project work. My boyfriend in the UK still wants to sponsor me fully. I have gotten a law firm recently where i work but am not fully paid because I am still a master's student in U.I and they are aware that I just started writing my masters thesis. Can I reapply immediately, attaching a letter from the firm, my project topic approval and other documents you guys will advise me on?
Please someone should come to my aid. What can make them believe am coming back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:21am On May 26, 2017
gracykay:
Thanks Realgeo for your input. But what substantial evidence can convince them beyond all reasonable doubt as you said. Please the gurus in the house come and help a sister in a crossroad. Justwise, lawyerdesk and co. bikooo.
What documents do I need to attach again. I just finished with my class work and exams and has started my project work. My boyfriend in the UK still wants to sponsor me fully. I have gotten a law firm recently where i work but am not fully paid because I am still a master's student in U.I and they are aware that I just started writing my masters thesis. Can I reapply immediately, attaching a letter from the firm, my project topic approval and other documents you guys will advise me on?
Please someone should come to my aid. What can make them believe am coming back to Nigeria.

You are posting this in a wrong thread there is a UK visiting visa thread here. Post it there for an answer.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Semilorepupo: 12:08pm On May 26, 2017
Justwise and Lexusgs430 please help me out.
I travelled last year to d uk on a six months visa and spent about three weeks.
My fiance lives and works in the Uk. He's a permanent resident.
We intend to have a registry wedding by october. Please i would like to know all that will be required for me to apply for a spousal visa immediately after the registry wedding is done... Thank you as i await your response
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by gracykay: 12:21pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=justwise

You are posting this in a wrong thread there is a UK visiting visa thread here. Post it there for an answer.[/quote]
Justwise how do I access the visiting thread as I have gone through alot without seeing the visiting thread. Please what is the easiest way to get to this thread. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by janykute: 12:22pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=gracykay post=56894566][/quote]
https://www.nairaland.com/2655931/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Semilorepupo: 12:59pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=gracykay post=56894566][/quote]

I thought this was for spousal Visa enquiry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 1:21pm On May 26, 2017
Hi Guys,
Cc:Nakiemi
Have you seen this ?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 1:32pm On May 26, 2017
I may be misinterpreting the information , but for this mean that priority applications have a 60 working day assessment period or it's just stating that this is what you can expect without priority .

Home office is making me doubt my comprehension skills .Make una no vex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Spinardo: 2:32pm On May 26, 2017
Bibra800:
I may be misinterpreting the information , but for this mean that priority applications have a 60 working day assessment period or it's just stating that this is what you can expect without priority .

Home office is making me doubt my comprehension skills .Make una no vex.

Hehehehehehehehehee @ doubt my comprehension skills. It implies that standard applications (i.e. non-priority) will be for 60 Working Days....

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.