Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034552 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
Sammiejokes:
Please house, what is the process of calling UKVI from nigeria, I tried calling but the voice machine ask for 16 digit of my card and after inputting that the line cuts. Please I need your advise.

Try again, you'd be asked to input all your card details. I'll advice u use a master/visa card sha.
Last time I called, one naira no comot my account sha lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
@ronvlaar Any news on your Visa yet? Still following you up ooooo.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2017
foxyvisa:
@ronvlaar Any news on your Visa yet? Still following you up ooooo.

None, none...
Called for escalation lastweek, got a mail 2 days later that they've asked the team working on it to escalate the whole process...
We're still waiting sha...
Day 72 today
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 3:26pm On Dec 05, 2017
mamarazi1:

Wish us all the best with our applications.

I really appreciate. I’m sure we will be hearing good news from your end in the next 6 weeks. cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 3:55pm On Dec 05, 2017
Bond140:

Please kindly share the address you used so I be sure I'm not making any mistake.
Pls don't forget to come back with your timeline when you pick your visa!

The address I used was:

Settlement Applications
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

I did Priority, don’t know if the standard is a different address

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
God has done it!!! This God is too much. Just picked up my passport and the entry clearance/visa in there *dancing******

After everything he has done it for me and He will do for those waiting as well. Below is my timeline:

Type of application: Settlement(wife) but I put in Settlement marriage(mistake)- Priority
Application Submitted: 28 September 2017
Biometrics: October 4, 2017
Sent for Decision : October 4, 2017
Application received by UK Immigration: October 5, 2017
Supporting Documents sent to Sheffield: October 10, 2017
After coming across this topic on Nairaland, I realized the mistake I made in my application by choosing Settlement-marriage instead of Settlement-Wife and it was already too late for another application.
Wrote them a letter explaining the error and asking them for the IHS link : October 24,2017
Surprisingly got a an email requesting for payment for the IHS : November 22, 2017 (I leaped for joy)
Decision made email : December 1, 2017
Collection Email: December 4, 2017
Picked up : Today, Dec 5, 2017

Thank you to everyone that shared their experiences and everyone in the house. So excited!!!!

Baba God, Thank You.

P.s. I thought paying for Priority would mean faster process but all the same I’m happy.

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
GodandVal:
God has done it!!! This God is too much. Just picked up my passport and the entry clearance/visa in there *dancing******

After everything he has done it for me and He will do for those waiting as well. Below is my timeline:

Type of application: Settlement(wife) but I put in Settlement marriage(mistake)- Priority
After coming across this topic on Nairaland, I realized the mistake I made in my application by choosing Settlement-marriage instead of Settlement-Wife and it was already too late for another application.
Wrote them a letter explaining the error and asking them for the IHS link : October 24,2017
Surprisingly got a an email requesting for payment for the IHS : November 22, 2017 (I leaped for joy)

Thank you to everyone that shared their experiences and everyone in the house. So excited!!!!

Baba God, Thank You.

P.s. I thought paying for Priority would mean faster process but all the same I’m happy.

Congratulations....... Remember to pay our 30% tithe......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 6:38pm On Dec 05, 2017
GodandVal:

Baba God, Thank You.

Congratulations! Happy for you. See you on the other side.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2017
GodandVal:

Baba God, Thank You.

Congrats.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2017
ronvlaar:

None, none...
Called for escalation lastweek, got a mail 2 days later that they've asked the team working on it to escalate the whole process...
We're still waiting sha...
Day 72 today

It's well. Praying and rooting for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2017
GodandVal:

Baba God, Thank You.

Congrats dear.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by godman100: 12:04am On Dec 06, 2017
justwise:

He is wrong, pray that you submitted other evidence of communication that will compensate for excluding your whatsapp chat.

Whatsapp chat you submitted is not for VOs to read all the pages .

I didn't submit any evidence of communication as we've been communicating only through WhatsApp chat and FaceTime videos - for which I couldn't retrieve historic phone records. I only submitted about 40 photos of us with evidence of timelines linked to the photos where feasible. All the same, it all worked out as my wife got her visa.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
foxyvisa:

It's well. Praying and rooting for you.

Thank u so much!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Dec 06, 2017
godman100:

I didn't submit any evidence of communication as we've been communicating only through WhatsApp chat and FaceTime videos - for which I couldn't retrieve historic phone records. I only submitted about 40 photos of us with evidence of timelines linked to the photos where feasible. All the same, it all worked out as my wife got her visa.

Congratulations!

Still wouldn't advice anybody to exclude evidence of communication..call log, whatsapp, Facebook etc.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
GodandVal:

Baba God, Thank You.

Congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2017
Finally, a decision has been made. A mail popped in this morning, tho mail to pick up my passport is yet to come in but that one no concern me as I'll be on my way to Lagos first thing tomorrow morning..

Documents returned since yesterday morning too..

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
Hi guys, really grateful for being so helpful during my application process. Now me and my spouse are playing the waiting game. I’ll keep my timeline here for now:

I put date to travel for 12 February 2018
Standard Application (got refused a US visa once)
Application submitted: 1 Dec
Documents sent to spouse: 2 Dec
Biometric: 4th Dec
Document sent to Sheffield: 6th Dec
Documents received at Sheffield: 7th Dec

So waiting game. God willing I will be back with good news.

I don’t think it’s fair that they have to keep our passport for months- what about frequent fliers? They can always tell applicants to submit their passports a month before the decision is about to be made, or so. Sha, I complained about this in my feedback to TLS, hopefully they upgrade their services to consider people like us.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
ronvlaar:
Finally, a decision has been made. A mail popped in this morning, tho mail to pick up my passport is yet to come in but that one no concern me as I'll be on my way to Lagos first thing tomorrow morning..

Documents returned since yesterday morning too..

Yaay! I already know it’s good news! Congrats cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mzapplication: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2017
Aphrodite007:
Hi guys, really grateful for being so helpful during my application process. Now me and my spouse are playing the waiting game. I’ll keep my timeline here for now:

I don’t think it’s fair that they have to keep our passport for months- what about frequent fliers?

It's ridiculous really. 3 whole months. I am hoping a work trip does not come up during this period for me.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2017
[quote author=Aphrodite007 post=63060741]

Yaay! I already know it’s good news! Congrats cheesy[/quote

Amen, thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yow17: 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
Hello house,

Please does the 2 weeks to send supporting documents ply to both standard and priority?

My documents will get to my sponsor tonight to send all tomorrow.

However, I received the email from UKVI that they have received my application and must ensure my sponsor has sent all documents. And if not received they will make a decision.

No reference to the 2 weeks for sending all documents in.

Is this okay/normal?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:48pm On Dec 07, 2017
mzapplication:

It's ridiculous really. 3 whole months. I am hoping a work trip does not come up during this period for me.

My dear, I am missing out on my own work trip, I just want to cry cry but God dey Cos I get to see hubby grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2017
yow17:
Hello house,

Please does the 2 weeks to send supporting documents ply to both standard and priority?

However, I received the email from UKVI that they have received my application and must ensure my sponsor has sent all documents. And if not received they will make a decision.

Is this okay/normal?

Thanks

It’s 2 weeks from your biometrics (priority and Standard) so relax. Just ensure it gets to your spouse on time so they can send it out immediately too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by yow17: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2017
Please did anyone submit in Abuja recently? Are they scanning supporting documents because it says so on TLS Abuja website.

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php

Please can someone confirm.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 6:51pm On Dec 07, 2017
yow17:
Hello house,

Is this okay/normal?

Thanks

I got told the same thing by UKVI... I bet they send that generically... Please don't worry! It's better u get everything in than to rush... Have it at the back of your mind that u've got within 2 weeks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mamarazi1: 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Priority Settlement- Husband! Biometrics done 5th Dec, Doc sent to Sheffield 7th Dec.
Waiting game begins!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2017
yow17:
Please did anyone submit in Abuja recently? Are they scanning supporting documents because it says so on TLS Abuja website.

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php

Please can someone confirm.

They didn’t scan my docs. But they said that scanning will change from 5th December, however, I don’t think they scan for settlement visa, but you can take your docs, just in case.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2017
justwise:

Congratulations

Thanks Oga Justwise, you and everyone in this house did it for me! If not for Nairaland, I would not have seen my error... God bless you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Congratulations....... Remember to pay our 30% tithe......

Thanks dear!!! cheesy Who am I paying to?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Congrats dear.

Thanks darling and I wish for you the same xxxx

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.