Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034396 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 1:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Boss LexusGs430 abeg, I have a friend that has an MSc in Cardio Rehad, and first degree in Physio but wants to go back to undergrad in the UK for nursing. Her fiance is an EU citizen but trying to get his Brit passport, then they will marry and apply for her spousal visa this year. When she gets to the UK by January Next year as the wife of a citizen, will she be able to pay the tuition fees as a UK student or as an International student, seeing as she won't have her passport until after 5 years.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 3:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
Aphrodite007:
Boss LexusGs430 abeg, I have a friend that has an MSc in Cardio Rehad, and first degree in Physio but wants to go back to undergrad in the UK for nursing. Her fiance is an EU citizen but trying to get his Brit passport, then they will marry and apply for her spousal visa this year. When she gets to the UK by January Next year as the wife of a citizen, will she be able to pay the tuition fees as a UK student or as an International student, seeing as she won't have her passport until after 5 years.

To the best of my knowledge, even as a British citizen for you to be able to pay home/EU fee you have to be resident in the UK with proof for at least 3 years. My little brother is a British citizen and when we tried to make him have his undergrad in UK, they requested proof of his residency in the UK in the last 3 years for him to be able to pay Home student fee. There might be other ways around this though because we didn't push it further.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
Minnienellie24:

To the best of my knowledge, even as a British citizen for you to be able to pay home/EU fee you have to be resident in the UK with proof for at least 3 years. My little brother is a British citizen and when we tried to make him have his undergrad in UK, they requested proof of his residency in the UK in the last 3 years for him to be able to pay Home student fee. There might be other ways around this though because we didn't push it further.

I really appreciate. With the way the guard their citizenship, you will think it gives a second life! grin I will tell her this. At least now she can throw away the hope of studying nursing because she cant be paying 17500 from her husband's savings when she isn't working herself!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Foreign students fees would be charged. Because part of the prerequisites to apply would be passport submission. Best the applicant buys time doing something else and apply at the appropriate time.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Aphrodite007:

And I hope you friend knows that Studying Nursing is no longer free?

And a new nursing training scheme is coming into play (Nurse Apprentice scheme). Details are still sketchy, don't know if it would be the only route to Nursing training or would run concurrently with the older route.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Asapuma: 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
I did Online application for spouse visa on 16th Nov. 2017(Non priority).Went for biometrics on 20th Dec. But up till now,I haven't received any mail on decision am really worried cos is 58 working days today and is exactly 12wks today. Am thinking of sending them a mail am really really tensed. Has been checking my mail almost every min. recently. Pease anybody with such experience?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 9:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Asapuma:
I did Online application for spouse visa on 16th Nov. 2017(Non priority).Went for biometrics on 20th Dec. But up till now,I haven't received any mail on decision am really worried cos is 58 working days today and is exactly 12wks today. Am thinking of sending them a mail am really really tensed. Has been checking my mail almost every min. recently. Pease anybody with such experience?

I would advise you exercise patience though..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:44am On Mar 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

And I hope you friend knows that Studying Nursing is no longer free?

And a new nursing training scheme is coming into play (Nurse Apprentice scheme). Details are still sketchy, don't know if it would be the only route to Nursing training or would run concurrently with the older route.........

I get it. We will look for more information on the nursing apprenticeship scheme. The question was to find out if she would be regarded as an international student or an EU student or UK student. But a lovely person said that she must be resident in the UK for 3 years before she can be considered a UK student.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2018
Aphrodite007:

I get it. We will look for more information on the nursing apprenticeship scheme. The question was to find out if she would be regarded as an international student or an EU student or UK student. But a lovely person said that she must be resident in the UK for 3 years before she can be considered a UK student.

Home student dispensation status is usually 3 years. Anything below is termed a foreign student......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Home student dispensation status is usually 3 years. Anything below is termed a foreign student......

Thank you! No more nursing dream then, she will use her cardio degree to work. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Thank you! No more nursing dream then, she will use her cardio degree to work. Thanks.

Not straightaway...... After adaptations and equivalent comparisons conversions..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2018
Asapuma:

Any news yet? U should hear from them anytime from tomorrow....i had my biometrics on d 27th...its 56 days for me...trust me..feels like time is really moving slow..lol...but its well...lets hope for the best..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Asapuma: 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2018
Yes my dear,i received their mail on friday evening that my passport and documents are ready for collection. Am going there on Monday to pick it up. Finally the wait is over. Am so very happy

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phenmeson(m): 10:49am On Mar 19, 2018
Aphrodite007:

She have to pay the full amount of her tuition fees.
Even Uk & EU citizens are paying for their tuition fees
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
Phenmeson:

She have to pay the full amount of her tuition fees.
Even Uk & EU citizens are paying for their tuition fees

Yeah I know she will pay her full tuition fees, my question was whether she will pay the home tuition or international tuition. Thanks though
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Asapuma: 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
It has ended in praise. Visa granted. Am so very happy and wish the same for everyone who is still waiting.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Asapuma:
It has ended in praise. Visa granted. Am so very happy and wish the same for everyone who is still waiting.

congrats.on the waiting list too
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Asapuma:

congrats,on the waiting list too
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 4:47am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello all.
I was here to inquire over something this year.

As it turned out,the visa was refused. Based on a mistake from the applicant (supporting documents from the applicants were not received and the applicant didnt know till after 3 months. They have since traced and recovered them. Sent to the wrong address.That is the tb test and English language). The sponsor met all the requirements and was cleared.
They have appealed and received email that it will take 15 weeks after sending the documents to them and they have received them.
Now,I am thinking they should withdraw the appeal and reapply again through priority as the appeal process takes so much time. Is that done? Can they actually withdraw the appeal? If yes, how do they do that. Will it take time again for their documents to be giving back to them. Will priority work for them faster as they have been denied before.
Thanks as u help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 8:35am On Mar 20, 2018
Hello house. Good morning

Quick question(s) please. What is the implication of not including a self addressed envelope in the documents sent to UKVI? Also, has anyone missed out sending the envelope with their documents as well in the past? If yes, what did you do? did it affect your application in anyway?

Anyone with the contact email address of the UKVI where you can send email to to inquire or know if they have received your supporting documents?

I will appreciate a prompt response to these questions. Thanks and have a great day
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 10:45am On Mar 20, 2018
MreSBee:

Quick question(s) please. What is the implication of not including a self addressed envelope in the documents sent to UKVI? Also, has anyone missed out sending the envelope with their documents as well in the past? If yes, what did you do? did it affect your application in anyway?

Anyone with the contact email address of the UKVI where you can send email to to inquire or know if they have received your supporting documents?

I will appreciate a prompt response to these questions. Thanks and have a great day

In my own understanding, the self-addressed envelope is required to send your supporting documents back to you. and because most of these documents are of great importance to virtually all applicants, they believe that you would want it to get back to you safe. So i would say the implication of not including one could be loosing your document.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for your response

Please what can you suggest? I’m thinking of just sending only the envelope, does that make sense?

Minnienellie24:

In my own understanding, the self-addressed envelope is required to send your supporting documents back to you. and because most of these documents are of great importance to virtually all applicants, they believe that you would want it to get back to you safe. So i would say the implication of not including one could be loosing your document.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
MreSBee:
Thanks for your response

Please what can you suggest? I’m thinking of just sending only the envelope, does that make sense?

I think that might make sense. You can send the envelope with with a note containing your GWF no., informing them of your error. Better still, mail or call them for enquiries.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2018
sassysure:
Hello all.
I was here to inquire over something this year.

As it turned out,the visa was refused. Based on a mistake from the applicant (supporting documents from the applicants were not received and the applicant didnt know till after 3 months. They have since traced and recovered them. Sent to the wrong address.That is the tb test and English language). The sponsor met all the requirements and was cleared.
They have appealed and received email that it will take 15 weeks after sending the documents to them and they have received them.
Now,I am thinking they should withdraw the appeal and reapply again through priority as the appeal process takes so much time. Is that done? Can they actually withdraw the appeal? If yes, how do they do that. Will it take time again for their documents to be giving back to them. Will priority work for them faster as they have been denied before.
Thanks as u help.

1) How were the documents sent? Normally, they are meant to be sent to the sponsor, then the sponsor would attach their own doc and submit the entire documents to sheffield.

2) Yes it is done. You can withdraw your appeal and re-apply, i think a few people did that.

3) Priority or super priority places the document at the top of the pile. If you are asking whether they can apply for priority even with a refusal, a few people have, so they can. If, however, you are asking whether or not the process will be faster, that will depend on the complexity of the case.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2018
Minnienellie24:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2018
Okay. I think I should call/email first. Do you or anyone here have the UKVI contact number or email please. Thanks
Aphrodite007:

I think that might make sense. You can send the envelope with with a note containing your GWF no., informing them of your error. Better still, mail or call them for enquiries.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shemafia: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2018
Asapuma:

Wow!!!!
Great news. Congratulations.
I was hoping to hear your testimony.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
60 working days today and still nothing on my application...is this normal or do i need to call them pls...getting worried.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
They will email you or spouse to send a self addressed to them. not to worry. wait for their email

MreSBee:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sandyzubby: 1:25am On Mar 22, 2018
Goodmorning all,
Please I need your help?Can you help me with the address That I will use to send my documents? Am not using priority,
2). Regarding to the introduction letter from the sponsor,pls which address will I use?
3) pls I need help with my chats,how many copies can I print out in a month ? Because my WhatsApp chat is much,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2018
Yes you’re right. I received their email yesterday. Thanks and thanks to all that responded. I wish all good luck.
phardey:
They will email you or spouse to send a self addressed to them. not to worry. wait for their email

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by matt234: 5:43pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hi Guys,
Your opinions will go a long way; and if there's someone who has been in this situation and scaled through, please share their story.

2005 - I applied for a UK student visa but was refused due to insufficient funds and low WAEC grades.
2006 - Changed my name and DOB; got a new passport and applied for another student visa in 2007 and by this time, the UK had started taking biometrics as part of the application process. I was caught and presumably banned for 10 years. The passport used was not returned back to me as they believed that was not my true identity.
All these I did as I was ignorant and just despirate to have a bright future, which I am already having without stepping out of Nigeria.
All my siblings eventually left Nigeria in the struggle and live in US, Canada and France; I am the only one left here for now grin

Fast forward to 2018, I have since graduated from Uni and now working as an analyst for an Oil Company.

Now, I have a fiancee who is settled in the UK and who will eventually be a British citizen in 2019. We plan to get married next year and I am planning to apply for a spose visa. I will declare my previous applications, including the change of name and biometrics, which I believe would now have been deleted as it is over 10 years; however, I am sure there is a likelihood of a refusal under section 320 but I will appreciate if there's someone who has such experience and who can share what they did.
I work full time and I earn a considerably huge amount of salary. I also have a business and few properties and can show a genuine bank account with good cash flow and a balance of over N40m; my fiancee also earns over £30k yearly, so finance is not an issue.
I am confident that I would normally meet the requirements if not for the refusals and ban which happened over 12 years ago.

Going by your experience guys, what do you suggest?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.