Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:22 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1026604 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
Sholeola23:
Just want to know after being refused under section 320 (11) with aggravating circumstance.

I now have a british child but wife on mertanity leave

She earns 27.5k.

Have appealed the decision.

Should i apply again. Or just stick with appeal?

Your refusal was not based on your wives wage, but on your immigration history (I seem to remember)........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Hi dear. The guru is already answering your questions, so hope you don’t mind me asking you questions.

I would like to know more about the FDM group. I literally have their page open on my laptop, as my last resort to finding experienced jobs (employers seem to want 4 year’s experience and I have just about two years so it seems applying for a graduate position might be my escape).

Anyway, can I get more info about FDM? They say their training spans between 8-14weeks, was this true for your husband? I’m sceptical about it applying because the closest training centre to me is Birmingham which is almost two hours away (can’t be traveling to Bmgham every day), and I don’t want to live away from hubby for two months cry.. I just need to speak to someone that has had the experience before I commit... it’s beyond me why they aren’t in Manchester or Liverpool!

So if you know what he went through, please enlighten me. Thank you o

Apologies for detailing the tread but this knowledge will be useful for prospective employees who want professional work.

Hello,

Yeah about that, what I learnt is that its a shitty company. He ended up not getting the full weeks training and when he was about leaving, they kept threatening to charge him to court cos their agreement stipulates he stays for at least 2 years.

Meanwhile, they were paying him shitty amount while the company makes a lot of profit from you.
Not advisable to join them tbh!

Cheers

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ibkbosson:

Hey!!!
I applied last year May when I was 3 months pregnant. It's important you tell them you are pregnant � because it solidifies your relationship as a genuine relationship. Include evidence of telling your husband you are pregnant. Scans,pregnancy test report and scan results. Goodluck

Thank you.... very helpful!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Hi dear. The guru is already answering your questions, so hope you don’t mind me asking you questions.

I would like to know more about the FDM group. I literally have their page open on my laptop, as my last resort to finding experienced jobs (employers seem to want 4 year’s experience and I have just about two years so it seems applying for a graduate position might be my escape).

Anyway, can I get more info about FDM? They say their training spans between 8-14weeks, was this true for your husband? I’m sceptical about it applying because the closest training centre to me is Birmingham which is almost two hours away (can’t be traveling to Bmgham every day), and I don’t want to live away from hubby for two months cry.. I just need to speak to someone that has had the experience before I commit... it’s beyond me why they aren’t in Manchester or Liverpool!

So if you know what he went through, please enlighten me. Thank you o

Apologies for detailing the tread but this knowledge will be useful for prospective employees who want professional work.

Hey, this is Kakushia2’s husband.

WARNING, swerve FDM group. I joined them straight from the army for fear I couldn’t find any other employment. They basically give you usually 9 weeks of training, which they self assess to be worth up to £20k and then make you sign a training agreement promising to pay it if you leave within 2 years. Not to mention the training is dog shit and you get just one professionally recognised qualification worth about £140.

Then they get you a contract on client site, they will make you sign a contract agreeing to be “geoflexible” so will send you anywhere in the country they please. Then the client will usually pay £260 day rate for you, however FDM only give you about 40% of that money.

They are exploitative and bullying.

I’m free of them now thank god.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Your refusal was not based on your wives wage, but on your immigration history (I seem to remember)........

Yes
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Sholeola23: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga, I understand the desperation to want to return to your Family........

We seem to be going 360° on this matter. You can choose to do either........ (at an additional cost for reapplying)....

What are your chances of a positive outcome, without any fresh documentation(s)? In my humble opinion.... It would be the same as your previous application.........

With the appeal, your wife can attend with legal representation + child (wife would be crying, while she is crying, she is also pinching baby to cry).....

She might just touch the soft spot of the adjudicator......

Basically i really dont have a chance of coming back to the uk. Am at the mercy of God. I thought my child right will out weight not reporting twice to croydon. This is just totally unfair. On me and my wife and kid.

Bad advice from lawyer not to attend reporting has cost me my life.

Another bad advice by another lawyer telling me to come back to nigeria destroyed me totally.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Sholeola23:

Basically i really dont have a chance of coming back to the uk. Am at the mercy of God. I[b] thought my child right will out weight not reporting twice to croydon.[/b] This is just totally unfair. On me and my wife and kid.

Bad advice from lawyer not to attend reporting has cost me my life.

Another bad advice by another lawyer telling me to come back to nigeria destroyed me totally.

I still don't understand why some people believe this BS about right to family life, its hardly implementable in reality.

That said, don't give up yet and allow your wife to follow up with the hearing, you will finally get a visa but the waiting time will keep you awake.

Your wife should make an effort to visit you in Nigeria as much as she can while you chase the case, it will end well if you endure the delay

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 6:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=Lexusgs430 post=66766745][/quote]

Thanks Lexus, the guru!

We gonna get an inspection report from the contract of sale of the house. As I understand, this comes along with the contract of sale etc

That is sufficient right? Or this inspection is carried out by an independent group/agency?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
Kakushia2:

Thanks Lexus, the guru!

We gonna get an inspection report from the contract of sale of the house. As I understand, this comes along with the contract of sale etc

That is sufficient right? Or this inspection is carried out by an independent group/agency?

Thanks

That property inspection report your are referring to, is strictly to fulfil legislation for property sales and renting.....

The inspection report you want, is to ascertain that the property would not be overcrowded once you and baby join the crew........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 11:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

That property inspection report your are referring to, is strictly to fulfil legislation for property sales and renting.....

The inspection report you want, is to ascertain that the property would not be overcrowded once you and baby join the crew........

Thanks Lexus!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SAWA17(f): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
justwise:

No that is not needed because he has done that online already.

You can send the supporting document as soon as possible, no need to start counting working days since the application and biometric aspect have been taken care of.

Thank for your reply! I just got back from Lagos, and was getting ready to submit when I realised that my p60 for the financial year of 17/18 (it shows the required ammount) has not been released. I have now entered panic mode!

I have the 16/17, but it does not reflect the £18,600 needed. I do have my payslips, letters from employer, and bank statements (all 12 months as I am applying under category B because of 2 incomes, one of which is variable) which show £18,600 plus.

My question is do I need to submit a p60, or am I ok with the information that I have already? I am very that we did a priority submission last Monday, and I am worrying that time is running out waiting for the 17/18 p60!

Many thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hey everyone, I’m asking for a friend. She had her biometrics on 19/01, standard application but hasn’t had decision made email yet. It’s 62 working days today and she’s going out of her mind. Are Nigerian spouse visa applications experiencing any delays? Can anyone who applied around the same time let me know if they’ve heard back or not?! Thankssad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oridiya: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

How old is he? Which country is he currently resident?

7 years old and in nigeria. I meant I am Nigerian but currently in uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibkbosson: 7:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
Queenantia:
Gud evening house.please I n my hubby re planning on applying by next month by date grace of God .just want to verify smth plz.am pregnant now so I want to no if I av got chances to apply wit ma pregnancy please.I applied for a UK visa 2016 before we got married and was denied.please gurus in d house need ur help please

Hey you can apply with your pregnancy �. Just make sure you make it known you are pregnant and provide evidence. I would advise you apply very soon because you can't fly after 36 weeks. Also make sure you tell them about your previous refusal. Goodluck
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
SAWA17:

Thank for your reply! I just got back from Lagos, and was getting ready to submit when I realised that my p60 for the financial year of 17/18 (it shows the required ammount) has not been released. I have now entered panic mode!

I have the 16/17, but it does not reflect the £18,600 needed. I do have my payslips, letters from employer, and bank statements (all 12 months as I am applying under category B because of 2 incomes, one of which is variable) which show £18,600 plus.

My question is do I need to submit a p60, or am I ok with the information that I have already? I am very that we did a priority submission last Monday, and I am worrying that time is running out waiting for the 17/18 p60!

Many thanks!

It stated the length of your employment and your annual gross pay?

My p60 arrived weeks ago but you can request for it from inland revenue, go on their website and read up about that or you can speak to HR depart of your company.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2018
MG2801:
Hey everyone, I’m asking for a friend. She had her biometrics on 19/01, standard application but hasn’t had decision made email yet. It’s 62 working days today and she’s going out of her mind. Are Nigerian spouse visa applications experiencing any delays? Can anyone who applied around the same time let me know if they’ve heard back or not?! Thankssad

She will likely hear from them between now and the end of next week

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by SAWA17(f): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
justwise:

It stated the length of your employment and your annual gross pay?

My p60 arrived weeks ago but you can request for it from inland revenue, go on their website and read up about that or you can speak to HR depart of your company.

Yes Sir, length of employment and a table showing my income for the 12 months (before and after tax), resulting in showing the gross at the bottom.

HR have been a nightmare. I requested before I flew out, and upon return, nothing! They are telling 10 working days.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 11:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
justwise:

She will likely hear from them between now and the end of next week

Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:53am On Apr 20, 2018
Queenantia:
Gud evening house.please I n my hubby re planning on applying by next month by date grace of God .just want to verify smth plz.am pregnant now so I want to no if I av got chances to apply wit ma pregnancy please.I applied for a UK visa 2016 before we got married and was denied.please gurus in d house need ur help please

What type of visa are you applying for? If its visiting visa, and you would be due before your visa expires. Ensure you have made arrangements for payments of all child bearing cost assuming visa is issued before you get to LHR/LGW/LCY.........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 10:07am On Apr 20, 2018
Hi Lexus, this is Kakushia2’s husband. You mentioned tax and employment situations briefly before, wondering if you can offer a little more advice on that.

I’m listed as codirector of a PLC, we have an accountant that handles the tax element. I just found out that I am outside of IR35 on the contract I am working on for the client.

What implications might this have in terms of the financial requirements? I still obviously comfortably exceed the £18,600. And what extra documents might I have to include in the supporting documents if any?

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:00am On Apr 20, 2018
Kakushia2:
Hi Lexus, this is Kakushia2’s husband. You mentioned tax and employment situations briefly before, wondering if you can offer a little more advice on that.

I’m listed as codirector of a PLC, we have an accountant that handles the tax element. I just found out that I am outside of IR35 on the contract I am working on for the client.

What implications might this have in terms of the financial requirements? I still obviously comfortably exceed the £18,600. And what extra documents might I have to include in the supporting documents if any?

Thanks

Do you submit your self assessment figures or PAYE ?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Do you submit your self assessment figures or PAYE ?

I’m assuming our account submits the self assessments for me. I’m definitely not PAYE.

This is my first role as a contractor
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bourne007(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2018
Category F: Last full financial year
Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is either the director or employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can use income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.

Category G: Average of last two full financial years
Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is the director or employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can choose instead to rely on Category G. This allows them to use an average of the income received in the last two full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

Kakushia2:

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2018
SAWA17:

Yes Sir, length of employment and a table showing my income for the 12 months (before and after tax), resulting in showing the gross at the bottom.

HR have been a nightmare. I requested before I flew out, and upon return, nothing! They are telling 10 working days.

If you don't get it from HR or the taxman by the end of the month then submit what you have.

Have you tried requesting for it through their website?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:58am On Apr 20, 2018
Kakushia2:

I’m assuming our account submits the self assessments for me. I’m definitely not PAYE.

This is my first role as a contractor

The documentations you are expected to submit is very different from a worker on PAYE ........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bourne007:
Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is either the director or employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can use income from the last full financial year to meet the financial requirement.

Where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in self-employment, or is the director or employee (or both) of a specified limited company in the UK, at the date of application, they can choose instead to rely on Category G. This allows them to use an average of the income received in the last two full financial years to meet the financial requirement.

Thanks very much for this answer, really appreciate it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 3:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The documentations you are expected to submit is very different from a worker on PAYE ........

Can you specify at all please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

What will it be then please? Any idea?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Kakushia2:

What will it be then please? Any idea?

It's indeed a long list. List is somewhere on the this thread, way way back.

Post email, so I can forward it to you..........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bourne007:

Hi thanks for the reply. But looking at the online application form which I believe is where you got your info from (I have attached to this quote), it only states self employed. Can’t see ... or director of a limited company..

Can you help me explain further how you got this? I’m kinda confuse..

Thanks

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Kakushia2: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lexusgs430:

It's indeed a long list. List is somewhere on the this thread, way way back.

Post email, so I can forward it to you..........

Just did! Fantastic! Waiting on your email...
Thanks!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
Kakushia2:

Just did! Fantastic! Waiting on your email...
Thanks!!!

Email sent..... Confirm receipt. Thanks........

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.