Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1033941 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
@ fazo14 I was just reading your previous post, it encourages me thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 2:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
@hopeforallone,thank you 2 grin and God bless Amen!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
I know its been pretty quiet since most of us received our court dates for this year and early next year but I truly hope that anyone's case can be overturned before the court date, believe by faith. Stay encouraged.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2014
Hopeforallone: I know its been pretty quiet since most of us received our court dates for this year and early next year but I truly hope that anyone's case can be overturned before the court date, believe by faith. Stay encouraged.
. It is true what you said, we need to encourage ourselves, after all it isn't us alone in this but many others who are waiting too.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2014
girlfio:

I would say if u don't get a phone call by next Thursday, just turn up at the Lekki VAC with a copy of the email as proof that it has been sent. They should have your passport ready for collection by then.
i sent a mail again asking if my passport has been sent to Lekki on monday. I got a response 30mins after that " Thank you for your email.

Your passport will be sent to Lekki. You should be notified shortly, if you have not already, that you documents are ready to collect.
So i am planning to go there tomorrow...will update the house on progress.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 1:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oloritunjino: i sent a mail again asking if my passport has been sent to Lekki on monday. I got a response 30mins after that " Thank you for your email.

Your passport will be sent to Lekki. You should be notified shortly, if you have not already, that you documents are ready to collect.
So i am planning to go there tomorrow...will update the house on progress.

Good idea, it's likely your passport is already there ready for collection.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 10:31pm On Jul 31, 2014
girlfio:

Good idea, it's likely your passport is already there ready for collection.
to God be the glory...i have gotten my spouse visa today. I pray may we all have successful appeal like mine.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oloritunjino: to God be the glory...i have gotten my spouse visa today. I pray may we all have successful appeal like mine.

Congratulations, great news....... Happy Days!! wink

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 7:58am On Aug 01, 2014
Oloritunjino: to God be the glory...i have gotten my spouse visa today. I pray may we all have successful appeal like mine.
Amen & congratulations @ Oloritunjino. God will bless your journey too.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by fazo14: 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2014

Amen!Amen!!Amen!!! Congratulations grin, Wish u a beautiful$blessed life ahead Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
@Olufunjino i say bigcongrats to u. have fun and safe trip .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ Lasmab - How are you my brother? Your case is just around the corner have you prepared everything? Hope it goes alright for you guys.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ Oloritunjino: Can you be gives us a timeline of your case and tell us what you were refused on? That will help us all. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Pannyann: 7:10am On Aug 02, 2014

Congrats where in Lekki did you pick it the old vac centre or the new teleperformance office?

Congrats again
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Chrizizon: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2014
Greetings to the entire house especially to the gurus justwise...vicjustice n co

Once again I need your candid advice..I'm about to submit an application for uk visa. The thing is that in my previous passport which has been 'cancelled without prejudice' there are lots of expired visas of different countries n residence permit..However there are also some stamps with questionable authenticity on it, I hope u understand me. I want to know if it will be risky to attach such previous P To the new one which is clean with an expired and a valid visa as I am thinking those x-ray eyed ECO could detect things from the previous P..cos really I dey fear 10 years ban oh..I really need ur advice on this..should I declare that P stolen or lost or attach the Previous P to boost my application. Please only advice needed here n no criticisms or blames. thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Hopeforallone.
Thank you so much. And yes oo my dear sister, my court date is around the corner.
The witness statements has been gathered from friends and family of my wife, with my Contrition letter also. Once again, thank you so much, and I hope yours is in September too, right?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
@justwise
We are intending to go through this route after over two years of separation and a baby.

Any ideas if the previous settlement refusals can affect my join spouse application? Also how long does the visa take to come out?

justwise:

Its not easy to take that route if the sponsor got a job already in the UK, moving to another EU country to start life afresh briefly is not an easy decision to make.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
Congrats on your success @Oloritunjino

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
@ Lasmab - Yeah ours is in September just a few weeks away now, we have gotten a few letters from family and friends as well. What's the contrition letter for?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Chrizizon: Greetings to the entire house especially to the gurus justwise...vicjustice n co

Once again I need your candid advice..I'm about to submit an application for uk visa. The thing is that in my previous passport which has been 'cancelled without prejudice' there are lots of expired visas of different countries n residence permit..However there are also some stamps with questionable authenticity on it, I hope u understand me. I want to know if it will be risky to attach such previous P To the new one which is clean with an expired and a valid visa as I am thinking those x-ray eyed ECO could detect things from the previous P..cos really I dey fear 10 years ban oh..I really need ur advice on this..should I declare that P stolen or lost or attach the Previous P to boost my application. Please only advice needed here n no criticisms or blames. thanks

I am not so experienced but I will tell you not to risk submitting that old passport that is complicated with your new application, you already know they have x-ray eyes, better not give them a chance, a refusal is better than a 10 year ban afterall.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
sunnychic: @justwise
We are intending to go through this route after over two years of separation and a baby.

Any ideas if the previous settlement refusals can affect my join spouse application? Also how long does the visa take to come out?

What was the reason for the refusal and which country are you applying from?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Inemobot(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
What is the difference between england, scotland, and united kingdom visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Mainly financial. They claimed not to see some documents. We thought they will overturn it but we haven't heard from them. And the date they gave us is Feb next year.

I'm applying from Nigeria.

justwise:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
I thought the EU directive supercedes all of the national laws. Am I wrong? What's ur take? At least they don't have financial requirement and the requirements for the join spouse visa makes it seem so straightforward.

What do u think?

justwise:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
@ Sunnychic - Does your partner earn more than the 18,600?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
sunnychic: I thought the EU directive supercedes all of the national laws. Am I wrong? What's ur take? At least they don't have financial requirement and the requirements for the join spouse visa makes it seem so straightforward.

What do u think?

If you get married in that EU country then moving to the UK will not be a problem. In that case the financial requirement will not affect you. You just have to check the marriage law of that country
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
@ Lasmab - My brother what is the contrition letter, please I need your help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Lasmab - My brother what is the contrition letter, please I need your help.

I'm sure Lasmob will confirm but I think a contrition letter is a letter of apology for a crime committed. It's to show that you r remorseful and that you've made a commitment not to commit the same offence again.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
@ Hopeforallone.

Sorry I didn't respond back in time, internet subscription ran out.
Well thank you girlfio for your quick response.
Yes Contrition Letter is a personal statement, that serve as 'Letter of Apology'.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hi just wise and girlflo,my original documents were sent to vac in nigeria and am already in the uk,I tried writing an authorization letter and sent it to my cousin wit my visa and passport pages but they didn't allow him in.i would like to no what I can do now to get my docs .pls advise and also pls give me the contact details for vac ikeja.thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Oloritunjino: Can you be gives us a timeline of your case and tell us what you were refused on? That will help us all. Thanks
i was refused by the ECO on the ground that my relationship with my spouse was not substantialcos i didnt submit my call records nd other items apart from pictures and ourfacebook chats. 2ndly, becos letter of identification from my hubby's workplace didn't state some details. Summary of it all, nothing is too much to be submitted for spouse visa application. I was refused in July and submitted appeal bundle before the 28days deadline.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2014
Pannyann:

Congrats where in Lekki did you pick it the old vac centre or the new teleperformance office?

Congrats again
i picked up at old VAC in lekki scheme 1... Picked up at Dubai visa section cos its appeal

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.