Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034570 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2014
@ Oloritunjino - When did you apply and when was your court date?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 05, 2014
Goodday everyone,
Sequel to your last advice on my application, I would like to inform you that my husband has gotten a lawyer to fill the appeal form for me and it has been sent already. Since appeal will take longer time before their decision, can I re-apply in September? becos my husband is planning to come to Nigeria for the processing and if they call me for interview he want to be there but all necessary document will be package well.
I also need your advice on this particular issue, in my formal application I stated that I met my husband in February, 2012 at Ibadan in a burial ceremony and our relationship started in June, 2012 which is through but I actually met him in February 2011, to which our relationship started in June 2012 and we have visa prove for his visit for those period (2011, 2013 and 2014 twice for wedding & visit) .
Hope they won't refer to my previous application, while filling a different year in fresh application.
Kindly advice me on what to do.
Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2014
vickkyy: Goodday everyone,
Sequel to your last advice on my application, I would like to inform you that my husband has gotten a lawyer to fill the appeal form for me and it has been sent already. Since appeal will take longer time before their decision, can I re-apply in September? becos my husband is planning to come to Nigeria for the processing and if they call me for interview he want to be there but all necessary document will be package well.
I also need your advice on this particular issue, in my formal application I stated that I met my husband in February, 2012 at Ibadan in a burial ceremony and our relationship started in June, 2012 which is through but I actually met him in February 2011, to which our relationship started in June 2012 and we have visa prove for his visit for those period (2011, 2013 and 2014 twice for wedding & visit) .
Hope they won't refer to my previous application, while filling a different year in fresh application.
Kindly advice me on what to do.
Thank you.

Yes, u can make a fresh application while your appeal is ongoing. You do however have to take in to account that any new application will be scrutinised as a result of the refusal so u have to make sure that any fresh application is well presented and over evidenced.

You can by all means change the date that you met but you will need to explain why you gave different dates in the first application. Since your previous application was refused based on your relationship status it's important that they r left with no doubt that your union is real.

You could very well find that your refusal is overturned before your new application is processed. With that in mind, just make sure u meet all the refusal points and provide all the evidence you can.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Girlfio, thank so much for your advice. Is it proper to inform the home office that my husband is in Nigeria during the processing because they will want to call him like my last application Or notify the BHC that he is in Nigeria before the processing. Thank you for your kind advice.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
vickkyy: Girlfio, thank so much for your advice. Is it proper to inform the home office that my husband is in Nigeria during the processing because they will want to call him like my last application Or notify the BHC that he is in Nigeria before the processing. Thank you for your kind advice.

It depends on how long he plans on being in Nigeria. If its a few weeks then I don't think you'd have to inform them. Just make sure your spouses can be contacted using the details provided email/mobile number. If its for an extended period of time then you'd probably need to let them know. Since all applications are now processed in the UK, he'd probably need to attend any interview in the UK. It's also worth baring in mind that they have heavily reduced the number of interviews in the UK unless there are particular circumstances that would warrant it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by beenut: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2014
beenut: pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?

I'm assuming they've maintained the refusal and that your case is now going to court. Unfortunately they will only focus on the areas that are refused despite how strongly u may pass the other requirements. In this case it's the English test, which is easy enough to prove. It's a little bit more difficult with the relationship if u don't have enough evidence. The thing to do now is respond to the points raised in the determination letter, which should list the reasons why the refusal was maintained. Have u received this letter? If you've supplied all the phone bills, emails, photos, bank transfer details, cards, wedding memorabilia that you have then it might also be an idea to include statements from family/close friends that have been aware of your relationship pre/post wedding. Have you been awarded a court date?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
hello Beenut, i'm sorry that i'm deviating from topic, but please when did you apply and when were you refused, i just want to know how long, cos right now i'm currently at 14 working weeks and when my hubby contacted sheffield we were told my app is in line waiting to be accessed by ECo.
beenut: pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
[quote author=beenut]pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?[/

Hi there,

Sorry about the disappointing news. I assume from your post that you appealed and the decision wasn't overturned at home office level.

Did u submit the results of the English language test result with the appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2014

@ BEENUT,

Did u submit your English language test result with the appeal?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2014
@ Lasmab - thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by lisa10000: 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
beenut, when did you make your application and how long did it take to get back to you? Please we need to know. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
@ Hey Dunique - Any news yet? has the home office received the bundle and are you definitely going to court?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
@ IKato - what did the ecm state on your refusal letter and why did he refuse it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=Hopeforallone]@ IKato - what did the ecm state on your refusal letter and why did he refuse it?[/quote

I haven't reached my 19 week yet. In the next few weeks.

My initial application was refused for an paid NHS medical bill. The invoice was sent after the application, and the application was refused before the payment due date stated on the invoice.

We paid the invoice in one instalment.

Unfortunately for us we checked with the hospital and I was told there would be no need to pay for it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
[quote author=Ikato3540][/quote]

Sorry I rephrase:

We checked with the hospital and I was told there was no invoice in my name.

Even after paying almost £7k, I hope they overturn their initial decision, but the HO/UKBA can't be predicted. They got nothing to loose to send it to court.

Hopeforall, u are going to court in a few weeks time, and I know how anxious you might feel right now. Try to take things easy and be optimistic. Anything can happen in court.

Remember section 320(11) is a discretionary ground for refusal. The refusal was given becos the ECO&ECM in their discretion felt that it should apply.

There has to be a breach of immigration law, there has to be aggravating circumstances AND the applicant MUST have also contrived in a significant way to frustrate the intentions of the law- all three must occur. For some reason (dunno why) cases with illegal entry are treated worse than overstayers who voluntarily return home ( I might be wrong)

If u research extensively, both here on NL ( shame we lost so many pages) and elsewhere, there is in exhaustive information on this subject.

Above all, please pray to God and I hope it goes well for you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
@ Ikato3540: Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Peacock23: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2014
Peacock23: Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks

Sorry to hear about your news. Whether you go for the appeal or a fresh application, you will need to address each of the refusal points raised. You need to supply strong evidence on your husbands place of work, they need to be confident that you will be supported on your visit. Secondly you need strong enough ties to convince the ECO that u intend on returning home, right now you appear to have every reason to stay in the UK once you arrive. You may look into maybe waiting until your circumstances change and your ties to Nigeria improve before making an application. Or if your husband earns above the financial threshold and has adequate accommodation, maybe you can apply for a spouse visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 6:43am On Aug 12, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Hey Dunique - Any news yet? has the home office received the bundle and are you definitely going to court?
. Yes we are definitely going to court, they maintained their decision on the finally requirements, saying I still didn't put all the necessary paperwork work, but they gave up on the other refusal point, my wife said everything was in the appeal submitted by the solicitor, I think we will just settle it in court. Your court date is approaching quick, are you looking forward to it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
@Dunique - yes time is going very quickly. I am nervous though. What date in November are you going to court?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2014
Hopeforallone: @Dunique - yes time is going very quickly. I am nervous though. What date in November are you going to court?

First week, so I see it as two months time.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2014
DUNIQUE1:

First week, so I see it as two months time.

@Dunique, can u please tell me the email address for the Sheffield office which you used when u enquired abt your application?

We've sent them an email but they haven't come back to us- we just want to make sure we are sending to the right recipient.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mandee8223: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Just wise pls help.
I applied for a family visit visa to visit my elder sister and her husband who is an EEA national/British citizen alongside my two kids, my husband, a banker was my sponsor and my sis and husband sent in their documents and a letter stating they would take care of our accommodation and other expenses. we were refused and given no rights to appeal, the eco stated that they thought I had no intentions to return (my husband is not travelling with us so I have family ties) I also have a steady and secure job where I earn 120k. they stated that I didn't prove to them that I could maintain and accommodate myself and my kids while in the UK, my husbands bank statement had 1.2m and mine 400k, my kids both have over 100k each and we get monthly dependant allowances of 20k for me and 5k each for the kids from my husbands employer. they also did not put into consideration my sisters letter stating that they would accommodate and feed us, bank statements and payslips as well as ours. my husband also got a large sum of 800k inflow into his account which was corporative contribution from 10 staff in their bank, his statements showed his own contribution of 80k each month from February but they still said the inflow was suspicious and that why would he have 1.2m and wish to spend 800k on me and my kids without considering the fact that his monthly income of 385k would still continue for the two weeks we would be away and mine too. we just sent admin review let's back to them pointing out these facts and how we think their decision was unfair. are we supposed to fill any admin review request form? are they supposed to issue us a right to admin review with our refusal forms? and pls wat are our chances of getting their earlier decisions overturned? pls respond dear just wise I'm anxious and this is my first time writing on naira land. THANKS JUSTWISE[color=#006600]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sunnychic: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
Ikato3540:
@Dunique, can u please tell me the email address for the Sheffield office which you used when u enquired abt your application?
We've sent them an email but they haven't come back to us- we just want to make sure we are sending to the right recipient.
Thanks

@Ikato3540 Visasheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Took them almost a month to reply us too. Pscheewww.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
mandee8223: Just wise pls help.

No need to copy and paste (repeat) everything three times!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
mandee8223: Just wise pls help.
I applied for a family visit visa to visit my elder sister and her husband who is an EEA national/British citizen alongside my two kids, my husband, a banker was my sponsor and my sis and husband sent in their documents and a letter stating they would take care of our accommodation and other expenses. we were refused and given no rights to appeal, the eco stated that they thought I had no intentions to return (my husband is not travelling with us so I have family ties) I also have a steady and secure job where I earn 120k. they stated that I didn't prove to them that I could maintain and accommodate myself and my kids while in the UK, my husbands bank statement had 1.2m and mine 400k, my kids both have over 100k each and we get monthly dependant allowances of 20k for me and 5k each for the kids from my husbands employer. they also did not put into consideration my sisters letter stating that they would accommodate and feed us, bank statements and payslips as well as ours. my husband also got a large sum of 800k inflow into his account which was corporative contribution from 10 staff in their bank, his statements showed his own contribution of 80k each month from February but they still said the inflow was suspicious and that why would he have 1.2m and wish to spend 800k on me and my kids without considering the fact that his monthly income of 385k would still continue for the two weeks we would be away and mine too. we just sent admin review let's back to them pointing out these facts and how we think their decision was unfair. are we supposed to fill any admin review request form? are they supposed to issue us a right to admin review with our refusal forms? and pls wat are our chances of getting their earlier decisions overturned? pls respond dear just wise I'm anxious and this is my first time writing on naira land. THANKS JUSTWISE[color=#006600]

List the documents you submitted.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mandee8223: 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2014
sorry about the repetition, I only sent one which is the one in green, don't know how the others came about, I apologise though

bank statements for me, hubby and the kids, mine and Hubby's employment letters/payslips,marriage certificates, wedding pictures, letter of consent and sponsor from husband, kids' birth certificates, letter of reference from husband's employee referencing me, letter of iv from sis and husband, their payslips, bank statements and their residency cards, family picture with sister, additional notes.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
sunnychic:

Yes, that is the same email I have been using, sad they take 3-4 weeks to respond now. They will eventually.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ikato3540: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
sunnychic:

@Sunnychic,

Thanks a lot!!! Imagine, one month to reply.

Whao!!!! How far with your case? Any new update? Have they sent you the reason why they are sending it to tribunal? Or have they still not come back to you?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2014
mandee8223: sorry about the repetition, I only sent one which is the one in green, don't know how the others came about, I apologise though

bank statements for me, hubby and the kids, mine and Hubby's employment letters/payslips,marriage certificates, wedding pictures, letter of consent and sponsor from husband, kids' birth certificates, letter of reference from husband's employee referencing me, letter of iv from sis and husband, their payslips, bank statements and their residency cards, family picture with sister, additional notes.

There is no info about accommodation for you and your kids, (e.g tenancy agreement or mortage paper from your sister) no break down of things you tend to do while in the UK, no leave letter from you, no budget of trip...etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry359(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2014
mandee8223:
What justwise is explaining to you
Things are different in UK
You have "Invitation" but this must be accompanied with PROOF that the person is allowed to have you stay there
and that the accomodation is suitable (by UK. standards.)
Also you need STRONG ties to home like letters of leave from employer stating that you will return to a good job.
Also landed property is usefull.

Then the reason for your trip and places that you want to visit (you need to know something about them to answer questions.)
A breakdown of the trip budget showing costs and how you will pay.

At the moment you are far from a satisfactory application!
You also have no hope of a review or appeal.
You need to re apply with more information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.