Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1034040 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Jul 23, 2014
ingred: I AD SEND MY SON BIRTH PAPER AS EVIDENCE SO I DONNT KNW WAS ELES TO USE TO PROVE HE MY SON, AND MY HUSBAND FINANCEIAL REQUIREMENTS WAS SATIFIED,

How much does your hubby earn? Up to £23000 per year?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by target007(m): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @Dunique - We are refused on paragraph 320 that's why we are going to court. So we are trying to provide as many statements from family and friends. We only just started to ask people. All the other requirements are met, so we are going to court over the history.
We can not provide any other information for them really. Because there is nothing to prove.

I will suggest to further enhance the proofs that your marriage is genuine and subsisting by asking 2-4 members across your families, friends and/or work colleagues to give you either sworn affidavits or written testaments in support of your relationship that they are aware of it and/or present at your wedding and that it is genuine and subsisting.

I had to do this in support of my wife's application although this was at the appeal level and I believe it worked for us. Here is a template to use, you can always add as much info to suit your circumstance:

I, <Name of Attestator>, <Gender,Religion,tribe,citizenship> residing at <address> of nigeria do hereby make an oath and declare as follows:-

1. that I am the deponent herein

2. That I am a childhood friend of <spouse name>

3. that i have known him/her since <year>

4. That I have know the husband/wife <other spouse name> since <date> (explaining where you met and how you were introduced to each other)

5. That I was part of the wedding organizers and the wedding ceremony was conducted on <wedding date>.

6. That I affirm that the marriage between Mr. and Mrs <family names> is genuine and subsisting.

7. That I swear to this Affidavit for record and official purpose

8 That I swear to this affidavit in good faith believing same to be true and correct in accordance with the statutory declaration laws of <state name> of Nigeria, <year law was enacted>.

Please gather as much information as you can and by God's grace things will turn out well in your favour.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 9:49am On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @Dunique - We are refused on paragraph 320 that's why we are going to court. So we are trying to provide as many statements from family and friends. We only just started to ask people. All the other requirements are met, so we are going to court over the history.
We can not provide any other information for them really. Because there is nothing to prove.

Have you received your bundle from the tribunal? If so, did they say if the home office have sent them the bundle for your case at all, just asking cause of what sunnychic suggested, if it hasn't, then maybe your case haven't been reviewed neither
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
justwise:

How much does your hubby earn? Up to £23000 per year?
he earn 28000 a year, we just was refuse on family matters, IT WAS 2 POINTS, ONE NT SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF COMMUNICATION FR AFTER THE WEDDING IN 2013, AND THAT WE DIDNT PROVIED NO EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMADATION, WHICH WE DID SEND MY HUSBAND MARGRAGE STATEMENT, WE GOT THOSE TWO POINT COVERED, IS MY SON I AM WORRED A BOUT,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ Dunique - Am not sure about that but I know we are going to court so that's what am preparing for.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
ingred: he earn 28000 a year, we just was refuse on family matters, IT WAS 2 POINTS, ONE NT SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF COMMUNICATION FR AFTER THE WEDDING IN 2013, AND THAT WE DIDNT PROVIED NO EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMADATION, WHICH WE DID SEND MY HUSBAND MARGRAGE STATEMENT, WE GOT THOSE TWO POINT COVERED, IS MY SON I AM WORRED A BOUT,
I was also refused on those 2 reasons. You should really be worried about you son if he is almost 18, I just hope they will not ask him to reapply after you got yours, ask please cos I know very little about the law.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ Willwin - did you appeal then?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
girlfio:

That should be fine, once you have confirmation of arrival from the tracking service that u used to send the passport. Just write an email to Sheffield with the tracking reference and the name of the person that signed receipt. Ask them for confirmation of when your passport will be sent back and to which VAC.
how long does it take sheffield to return passport...it was delivered on monday and i sent a mail on tuesday ...not heard anything from them ooo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 7:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Willwin - did you appeal then?
Yes I have, Sheffield have till October.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 8:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - Am not sure about that but I know we are going to court so that's what am preparing for.

I just want it to be over soon, I want them to give up on my case and not come court at all. Nothing is impossible.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 8:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ DUNIQUE -Yeah I know the feeling? When did you put your initial application in?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
@ Dunique - sometimes I feel like giving up, I must be honest.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ DUNIQUE -Yeah I know the feeling? When did you put your initial application in?

October 3rd 2013, but I have been applying for this thing since May 2010 after my marriage in the Uk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by DUNIQUE1: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2014
Hopeforallone: @ Dunique - sometimes I feel like giving up, I must be honest.

You can't give up, all the hustle and the stress you have given your partner, you can imagine if they fell in love with a British citizen like them, they won't have to suffer or go through all these stress. I have argued so many times with my partner but God kept her cool cause she understands more than I, the pressure gets to me some times trust me. Plus I have got a decent mother in-law, she said she is going with her to the court for the hearing.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 10:24pm On Jul 23, 2014
willwin2:
Yes I have, Sheffield have till October.
@ willwin, can my husband fill the appeal form, and send it in or me the wife ave to do it, hubby is in the uk,
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Hopeforallone: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2014
@ Target - Thanks we are in the process of doing that. We also collected skype calls, calling cards, additional letters, loads of emails spanning over several months, receipts of payment and photos. With these people you never have enough evidence I feel like am completing the first application again.

@ Dunique - I hear what you are saying thanks for the encouragement.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Jul 24, 2014
ingred: he earn 28000 a year, we just was refuse on family matters, IT WAS 2 POINTS, ONE NT SEEN NO EVIDENCE OF COMMUNICATION FR AFTER THE WEDDING IN 2013, AND THAT WE DIDNT PROVIED NO EVIDENCE OF ACCOMMADATION, WHICH WE DID SEND MY HUSBAND MARGRAGE STATEMENT, WE GOT THOSE TWO POINT COVERED, IS MY SON I AM WORRED A BOUT,

That is good enough, submit the same documents you submitted previously for your son, his application is heavily linked to your, birth certificate, proof of accommodation and finance are related to your son's application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by willwin2: 8:35am On Jul 24, 2014
ingred: @ willwin, can my husband fill the appeal form, and send it in or me the wife ave to do it, hubby is in the uk,
Anyone can, but I did mine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2014
Oloritunjino: how long does it take sheffield to return passport...it was delivered on monday and i sent a mail on tuesday ...not heard anything from them ooo

They normally take about a week, I expect you should be able to collect your passport from the VAC at some point next week. If you don't get an email back by Monday, send another one to chase them up.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 10:32am On Jul 24, 2014
girlfio:

They normally take about a week, I expect you should be able to collect your passport from the VAC at some point next week. If you don't get an email back by Monday, send another one to chase them up.
i have just gotten a mail from them"Thank you for your email, and I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Your visa has now been issued and will be sent out shortly. It will be sent to the VAC in Lekki in the next day or two. This office remains open until 31st July....when do u think i should visit lekki VAC next week

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Oloritunjino: i have just gotten a mail from them"Thank you for your email, and I am sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Your visa has now been issued and will be sent out shortly. It will be sent to the VAC in Lekki in the next day or two. This office remains open until 31st July....when do u think i should visit lekki VAC next week

I would say if u don't get a phone call by next Thursday, just turn up at the Lekki VAC with a copy of the email as proof that it has been sent. They should have your passport ready for collection by then.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ingred: 2:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
willwin2:
Anyone can, but I did mine.
@ willwin, thank u, @ just wise thanks so much for your help.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 11:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
@Oluruntunjino wat email did you send them a messae witth and how long did it take aftr d appeal before you were called to send your passport .
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oloritunjino: 6:11am On Jul 25, 2014
shelair1: @Oluruntunjino wat email did you send them a messae witth and how long did it take aftr d appeal before you were called to send your passport .
8 weeks after i got determination from tribunal....then i got a mail from sheffield to send my passport. Emails is VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
@Oluntnjino thnks for d response wish u goodluck.wow datsa long wait! if u dnt mind how long did ittake for u get ur determination n was ur appeal fee refunded close to when they called for ur passport?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Hello Justwise, girlfio and everyone,
The representative told my wife that the Home Office haven't send the bundle back. And the my court hearing date is in Sept. Please, can anyone tell me when the Home Office are normally send the bundle back? I'm so confused now.
Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
Lasmab: Hello Justwise, girlfio and everyone,
The representative told my wife that the Home Office haven't send the bundle back. And the my court hearing date is in Sept. Please, can anyone tell me when the Home Office are normally send the bundle back? I'm so confused now.
Thank you.

I'm not sure how long it takes for the embassy to send the bundle to the Tribunal office. Basically once that is sent back you will then receive the determination letter which will detail why the ECM maintained the refusal. The court date has been booked so it should take a week or so to get the letter. Might be worth calling the Leicester office to ask when u should expect to get the determination letter from the ECM.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
@girlfio
I have already had a determination letter of ECM and the Tribunal has booked the court date as well.
I need to know if Home Office normally send the bundle back to the representative or not, before the court date? Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Lasmab: @girlfio
I have already had a determination letter of ECM and the Tribunal has booked the court date as well.
I need to know if Home Office normally send the bundle back to the representative or not, before the court date? Thank you.

Oh ok. I'm not sure what this bundle is then. Maybe someone else on the forum can advise. We didn't get any of the additional paperworks we submitted to support our appeal back after the decision was made to overturn the refusal. Maybe this bundle is sent back to the Tribunal to present to the judge for review prior to the court date.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by shelair1: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
@Lasmab by bundle u mean d detemination and all the documents you sent it for appeal? if yes, they are all sent back to you but bfore the hearing date you are meant to sent them the documents again especially the ones they claim the didnt see. photocopies then take the originals to the court room on d d-day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lasmab: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2014
Thank you
shelair1 and girlfio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.