Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? (1005 Views)

Nigeria Automobile Sector To Contribute 4.5% Of 2016 Global Sales / Highest Speed You Have Ever Tried On Your Automobile Includimg Road Details / How Well Do You Know Your Automobile? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2011
Hello everyone!

I'm looking into what influences us when we choose to buy a vehicle. There are several aspects that we consider, and I would like us to search within ourselves what those influences are. Fuel economy, power, security, safety, aesthetic appeal, comfort, handling, running costs, parts availability, technical support, competent mechanics, options, resale value, "efizzy", brand loyalty.

Of course, some of the above won't apply to everyone, who may have other ideas. What priority would you place the above influences in, with regards your choice of automobile?
Please keep this strictly to the vehicles you currently own, not what you owned in the past, or what you may own in the future.
Re: What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2011
I run a 2002 Audi S8. What influenced me in buying my current car are as follows, in order of priority:

01) Safety.
02) Security.
03) Power.
04) Handling.
05) Aesthetic appeal.
06) Comfort.
07) Options.
08) Parts availability.
Re: What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by Pennywise(m): 12:57pm On Dec 13, 2011
This time, its the brand. I dont know how it came to be that I never owned a toyota. So I went after the most powerful, the most loxurious and the most sophisticated toyota sedan in the Nigerian market as recently as yesterday.

Would have loved to tell you more. But I cant I have to go back to the car operations manual while the drive is still there b/c in exactly 48hrs I am going to lose interest.
Re: What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by Ikenna351(m): 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2011
I currently run two Lions: Peugeot 505 V6 & Peugeot 605 V6. What influenced me to buy both cars are as follows:

A) Peugeot 505 V6:

1. Power.
2. Handling.
3. Driving pleasure.
4. Indestructible/durable engine.
5. Better Fuel Economy than I4 505s (XN1 & ZDJL).
6. Suitable for long distance drive on Nigeria highways.
7. Safety.

B) Peugeot 605 V6:

1. Influenced to buy due to the impressive performance of my Peugeot 505 V6 (Similar engine).
2. Comfort (Very roomy/spacious).

Ikenna.
Re: What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by dagboss(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2011
I own a BMW 3 series (COJA) sold recently, a Peugeot 307, a Volvo 940, a Ford Explorer and a Mazda MPV

The main consideration for all is that armed robbers and auto thieves will hiss at their sight and continue to look for their favorites,  hence 24 hours a day i feel conformable to drive any of them anywhere and anytime finis.
Re: What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile? by Ikenna351(m): 10:01am On Dec 16, 2011
dagboss:

I own a BMW 3 series (COJA) sold recently, a Peugeot 307, a Volvo 940, a Ford Explorer and a Mazda MPV

The main consideration for all is that armed robbers and auto thieves will hiss at their sight and continue to look for their favorites, hence 24 hours a day i feel conformable to drive any of them anywhere and anytime finis.

Welcome to my world too grin grin grin

Ikenna.

(1) (Reply)

Please Advise On Rexton Or Mercedes E320 Or Honda Pilot / How Is Auto Repair In Naija ? / Your Experiences When Learning Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.