Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Phcn To Stop Existing By December 31st, 2011 - Power Minister - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Phcn To Stop Existing By December 31st, 2011 - Power Minister (756 Views)

Power Minister Sacks Olorunsogo Power Plant’s CEO / I Foresaw Prof. Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Igbo Monarch / I Foresaw Nnaji As Power Minister Since February – Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn To Stop Existing By December 31st, 2011 - Power Minister by mrinfo(m): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2011
Nigeria’s Minister of Power, Professor Bart Nnaji had an exhaustive tweet-meet yesterday as we initially wrote on. The tweet-meet which was an engagement between the Minister of Power and his followers on twitter dwelled on the various actions his ministry is taking to stabilise power supply in the country.

The Minister tweeted that by December 31st, 2011 the entity known as the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) will cease to exist and its corporate headquarters shut down. On questions raised by other tweeters on the compensation for PHCN workers and their status post PHCN the Minister stated that the FG has paid N57 Billion to PHCN workers, agreed on 50% salary increase for them and also agreed to convert 11,000 casual staff to full time workers.

In response to a question asked by @DipoDaramola the Minister revealed that Nigeria provides power to Niger, Chad and Benin republic. The Minister also tweeted that, apart from Zambia Nigeria has the lowest electricity tariff in sub-Saharan Africa,

More on Prof Bart's Twitter Discussions; http://nairabrains.com/2011/12/prof-barts-tweet-meet-phcn-to-be-closed-down-power-stations-for-enugu-gombe-and-benue/
Re: Phcn To Stop Existing By December 31st, 2011 - Power Minister by page9(m): 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
Like Obasanjo will say,
I dey laugh o
PHCN has not been very considerate to Nigerians so it is difficult to support them
In fact, it is good ridance to bad rubbish
Re: Phcn To Stop Existing By December 31st, 2011 - Power Minister by mrinfo(m): 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2011
If we hear right they are being duly compensated so they should take a bow after serving to the best of their abbreviated knowledge

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make Money From My Website? / Charcoal Supplier / High Yield Plantain Succer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.