Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker (2027 Views)

Poll: will torres leave in january?

the story is fake: 60% (3 votes)
he's going: 40% (2 votes)
don't know/who cares: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / TB Joshua Predict That English Premiership Side Chelsea Will Champions League / TB Joshua: Chelsea Will Win Champions League trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by manmustwac(m): 1:40am On Dec 14, 2011
Chelsea will listen to offers for £50million flop Fernando Torres in next month's transfer window.
The £150,000-a-week striker has scored just three Barclays Premier League goals since his move to Stamford Bridge from Liverpool on January 31.
Chelsea considered sending him on loan to rebuild his shattered confidence, but they are now prepared to sell

The club will have to take a massive financial hit on the most expensive player in British football history, but they have almost exhausted their other options.
Instead they will listen to any club prepared to offer around £20m and match his huge salary demands next month.
When Andre Villas-Boas became Chelsea boss in the summer he was convinced Torres could recapture the form that turned him into one of the most feared strikers in world football.
The manager hoped signing Juan Mata from Valencia would improve Torres's game, but even that has failed to spark the Spaniard back to his former glories.

Chelsea have been patient with the 27-year-old, but the feelers are already out in Europe to find Torres a top club to take him in January.
The World Cup winner has been a disaster since moving to the Bridge and is now behind Didier Drogba and Daniel Sturridge in the pecking order.
He did not even get off the bench against Manchester City on Monday night and stayed immobile in the dug-out as the rest of the substitutes, along with the backroom team, celebrated Frank Lampard's late winner from the penalty spot.

It underlines Torres's frustration with his position and the belief that he is now firmly out in the cold at Chelsea.
Although he remains a popular figure with supporters at the London club, he has failed to live up to his billing as one of the best players in the world.
There were signs of the old Torres magic when he scored at Old Trafford in September, but all the hard work was undone when he was sent off against Swansea in the following game.

He went 13 games without a goal when he signed for Chelsea, finally getting off the mark in a 3-0 win over West Ham on April 23. He was mobbed by team-mates at the time, but then went another nine games before scoring against Manchester United on September 18.
He has scored only four goals this season, despite starting 11 games, with two of those coming against Genk in the Champions League in October.

Why so glum, Fernando?

The arms go up, the roars bellow out. Manager Andre Villas-Boas leads Chelsea’s celebrations as the final whistle blows on Monday night.
But take a closer look,  one player doesn’t appear to be in victory mode.
£50million man Torres (circled) appears glum after another match on the bench watching his team-mates shine.
Was there something in the air that night, Fernando?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073746/Fernando-Torres-sale-Chelsea-20m-January-flop-striker.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by manmustwac(m): 2:02am On Dec 14, 2011
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by coogar: 2:11am On Dec 14, 2011
@ manmustwac,

stop w@nking over a non-issue.
by now, i expect you to sieve rumours from the truth. . . .

there's no comment from chelsea fc or torres himself confirming this bullshyte story!
as far as i'm concerned, dailymail is just pissing in the wind to sell.
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by manmustwac(m): 2:16am On Dec 14, 2011
its called an exclusive dude which means they got the story from a reliable source
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by coogar: 2:19am On Dec 14, 2011
manmustwac:

its called an exclusive dude which means they got the story from a reliable source

dailymail has done enough exclusives that turn out to be fake!
go and read about the man utd/sneijder saga. . . . .they are the most useless news media in the land.
the only people who take their articles as the gospel truth are tools who drive white vans and shag pr[i]o[/i]stitutes.
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by manmustwac(m): 2:24am On Dec 14, 2011
well i don't know about that. Besides i believe he will go during the january transfer window (because i can't imagine him staying at chelsea much longer). Which means there must be some truth in this story.
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by coogar: 2:33am On Dec 14, 2011
manmustwac:

well i don't know about that. Besides i believe he will go during the january transfer window (because[b] i can't imagine him staying at chelsea much longer)[/b]. Which means there must be some truth in this story.

so because you cannot imagine torres staying in london any longer means there must be some truth in it?

i also cannot imagine manmustwac staying in the uk any longer, so there must be some truth that you're going to be deported next week.
jeeez - how do nigerians reason like this?

can we bet over this?
£1000, torres won't leave chelsea in january and he won't leave next summer.
deal?
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by manmustwac(m): 3:21am On Dec 14, 2011
time will tell ok
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by MeGaStReEt: 3:22am On Dec 14, 2011
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Finally!!!!!!
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by denzel2009: 5:12am On Dec 14, 2011
Don't ever believe Dailymail and their sensationalism!
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by 195(f): 6:01am On Dec 14, 2011
Torres has infinite class and skill!! He is not a flop and liverpool's 2007-2009 season is evidence of this, not to mention his countless goals for spain including the winning goal in euro 2008. He was listed as the 3rd best football player in 2008 and has continued to break records all over the world. He will come back to his best but Chelsea's coach needs to give him a chance to prove himself, not leave him on the bench for 70 minutes of a game. AVB needs to realise that leaving him on the bench only hurts his confidence and in this is damaging to Torres and Chelsea. If Liverpool want him back, I would be more than happy to see him return, as would alot of Liverpool fans!!! Chelsea are taking him for granted and have simply not made use of him, which is a very big mistake!!

Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by HNIC(m): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2011
the only people who take their articles as the gospel truth are tools who drive white vans and sleep with prostitutes
crazy grin
but truth be told DM sucks.
So many exclusive stories have been found out to be rubbish.
Wait till Chelsea reacts or Torres himself, before coming to a conclusion
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by Basics007: 6:37am On Dec 15, 2011
But seriously i dont think Chelsea would be crazy enough to sell him in Jan. They just sold Anelka and if Torres too is sold it means they've only Drogba, Sturridge and probably Kalou (Lukaku is not yet ready). And that isn't ok for a club challenging on 3 fronts with serious hope of winnin
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by mikuz(m): 7:35am On Dec 15, 2011
chelseas' brand of football dont fit into torres' character. So there's nothing that would make succeed at stamford bridge!
Word!!
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
The story is fake
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Dec 15, 2011
They cant sell in january cos Drogba is going for Nations cup and they have sold Anelka already
Re: Torres For Sale! Chelsea Will Take £20m In January For Flop Striker by mikuz(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2011
^^
says who?
Na only sell dem go dey sell?
Of course they'd buy his replacement.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News - Ac Milan Have Signed Taye Taiwo & Philippe Mexes / Wenger Talk About Signing Ike Uche / Racing Santander Vs Real Madrid Cf (0 - 0) On 21st September 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.