Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator (1769 Views)

How To Enable System Restore If Disabled By Group Policy Or System Administrator / How Do I Recover My Gmail, Google Disabled My Account / My Gmail Account Has Been Disabled,what Do I Do About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by swintec: 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2007
I AM THE OWNNER, ADMINISTRATOR AND THE ONLY USER OF MY COMPUTER. I DID NOT DISABLE ANYTHING YET I CANNOT ENTER MY REGISTRY. WHO CAN HELP. I RAN AN ANTI-VIRUS PROGRAM THAT REMOVED SOME FILES AND REGISTRY ERRORS OF MISSING FILES CONTINUE TO POP UP ON MY SCREEN. I NEED TO EDIT THE REGISTRY BUT CAN NOT GET ACCESS TO IT. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP,
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by djimkat: 1:15am On Sep 30, 2007
Actually, administrator doesnt disable registry editing,
its a virus: rontokbro@mm
go to http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-050614-0532-99, download UnHookExec.inf, right click the downloaded file and "install". Seemingly nothing happens but registry editing has been enabled,
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by swintec: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2007
@ Djimkat

Thanks for your suggested solution. I am going to try it out.
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by Wilfem(m): 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
djimkat:

Actually, administrator doesnt disable registry editing,
its a virus: rontokbro@mm
go to http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-050614-0532-99, download UnHookExec.inf, right click the downloaded file and "install". Seemingly nothing happens but registry editing has been enabled,
That's just it, it is a very terrible virus. It gave me a lot of problems when my PC contracted it, and as a result of this I get the same message anytime I ant to install an application/software. I eventually had to format my pc then.
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by swintec: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2007
@Djimkat

Your suggested link was very helpfull. My registry editing is now enabled. Thanks alot

However, I noticed another problem. Folder options in not avaliable in my control panel, hence I cannot set folder options. I needed to repair file type error that causes my computer not to recorgnise .doc files.

Please Can you help. How do I enable folder options in my system
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by Ralvy(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2007
I have included a tool to help you get other options re-activated because, your not adviced to mess with the registry,
but if u want to, I can show u hw its done via the registry incase, u need to do this whr u dnt have the tool.

Find attached the restriction Removal Tool

Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by swintec: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2007
@Ralvy

Thanks for your assistance. I am most grateful. If you don't mind tell me how to do it manually on the registry.for knowing sake.

Thanks
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by chrisibu(m): 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2007
A friend of mine who is using Windows XP Unlimited have the same problem and he is not connected to the internet. How do we solve the problem?
Re: Registry Editing Has Been Disabled By Your Administrator by Ralvy(m): 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2007
Man . . .we cant keep posting the same thing . .
Browse thru d forum, u'll surely find help

(1) (Reply)

Why I Cant Access My Yahoomail? / How To Make Your Computer Welcome You With Your Name Voice On Startup / Computer And ICT Trainings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.