Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? (1479 Views)

Anyone Interested In Acting In An Animation Based On Pre-colonial Africa? / Ummm, Anybody Interested In Another Wallpaper? Check This Out! / Interested In 3d Animation Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 29, 2007
any one wants to learn howto configure his or her phone to browse on his system with the gprs settings on his or her phone?if u are interested then send a reply indicating your interest.
NB:only for those who are good or experienced in the field.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by adjain(m): 2:07pm On Oct 20, 2007
Yap, I'm interested!!! Boy have you got me!!!
I use a Sony Ericsson T68i (no Laugh O!) and I am currently connected to the Celtel Network.
So, tutor, let's get started!!! grin grin
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by lateefbal: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2007
pls i am interdt in the gprs seting my email is lateefbal@yahoo.com
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 31, 2007
sorry for posting this late guys,
first connect your phone to your system.then go to network places,click on new connection(a dialog box will appear)click next>connect using the internet>next>click set up my configuration manually>next>connect using dial up modem>next>select your phone from the list>next>input your isp name (eg celtel)next input phone number(ie *99***1#)this number is for celtel.and always choose to detect settings automatically>next>user name and password(use wap)>add short cut to desktop>finish.
then go to control panel>click internet options>select the network you created>(ie celtel)then click settings.
select automatically detect settings>use automatic configuration script.then in the address box type(wap.ng.celtel.com).select proxy server then in the address type the following:172.018.254.005,in the port type 8080.click ok,then apply,then ok.go to your internet explorer and surf.thats just it.but remember ,whenever you use it,the credit on your phone will run down.Its just 10kobo per kilobyte and it reads according to the size of the page you open,
Let me know how far when you try it.
Good luck. wink
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by adjain(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2007
Thanks man, it really worked with the infrared link in my office.

Please, can you tell me where I can get the cable for sony ericsson??

Please I also want to know the cost, and if it is only a USB cable I can find. If it is so, how do i connect it to a non-USB using system.

I hope my questions are not too much.

Thank you for your post, and God Bless you.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Juror: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2007
Nice help .u do well
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Juror: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2007
Please what of those that use celtel internet settings and not wap?
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Juror: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2007
Please what of those that use celtel internet settings and not wap?
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Juror: 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2007
Please brief us how to configure the pc for glo & mtn too ,we would appreciate it thanks
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by dragnet: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2007
Good thread but would've also been helpfuld in f0ne sectn
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 18, 2007
it should work the same way with glo and mtn but all wit your money but the free one with glo remain a secrete to those who configure it.
Hope i'm not so rigid?
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2007
what internet settings are u talking about?
is it with the new celetel phone or any oter settings?i dont understand your question.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by honsule(m): 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2007
@in2gold.celtel has two settings.one for wap and the other for internet.e.ginternet.ng.celtel.com instead of wap.ng.celtel.com.i believe it is the same way.moreover,some people like us still use our celtel to browse free.using my opera mini 4 beta is just like browsing with a laptop.it is fast and free.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by honsule(m): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2007
@in2gold.celtel has two settings.one for wap and the other for internet.e.ginternet.ng.celtel.com instead of wap.ng.celtel.com.i believe it is the same way.moreover,some people like us still use our celtel to browse free.using my opera mini 4 beta is just like browsing with a laptop.it is fast and free.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2007
I'll carry out some investigation and if i discover anything positive,i'll post it.
Thanx.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 21, 2007
@ honsule.
Do u browse free using celtel?or if u know any one can u check the IP address if its the same.
Reply needed.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by tobs(m): 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
Menh,tanx guy.i connected my k300i to a frnds laptop wic has infrared.and it worked well.it was sweet coz i used his celtel line wic is internet and it was free, for d person dat wants to know d 1 for internet instead of wap.just change d address to internet.ng.celtel.com then live d proxy and port blank.then user and password internet.itz d same setting dat is on ur fone u will us 4 ur laptop or pc.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by tobs(m): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2007
Menh,tanx guy.i connected my k300i to a frnds laptop wic has infrared.and it worked well.it was sweet coz i used his celtel line wic is internet and it was free, for d person dat wants to know d 1 for internet instead of wap.just change d address to internet.ng.celtel.com then live d proxy and port blank.then user and password internet.itz d same setting dat is on ur fone u will us 4 ur laptop or pc.
Re: Interested In Knowing How To Use Your Gprs? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2007
@tobs
Is the simcard you are using to browse working for free when you browse from your phone?and the internet settings you sent,i dont understand how or where you got it from.i need more details.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Training On Photoshop / Beyonce And Me In A Picture / Reward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.