Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. (9898 Views)

Uk Settlement Visa Info / Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
grin
Nairaland;

Sincere apologies as I just got home and I am apologising because I thought it was a week as I earlier wrote when I checked my status which only changed yesterday.

I have collected my passport, THANK YOU LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I applied on Friday 2nd December and the Visa was actually issued on 7th December, which is two working days to process.

It has been a long day, so tired yet so grateful.

I read some posts in the Travel forum over and over again as one wanted to feel what people were going through as nobody wants to walk alone.

Kindly note my doors are well open to any question whatsoever for those who might need some encouragement from my journey.

I will detail the things that I submitted amongst other things.

see you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by justwise(m): 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2011
WaveofG.:

grin
Nairaland;

Sincere apologies as I just got home and I am apologising because I thought it was a week as I earlier wrote when I checked my status which only changed yesterday.

I applied on Friday 2nd December and the Visa was actually issued on 7th December, which is two working days to process.

I read some posts in the Travel forum over and over again as one wanted to feel what people were going through as nobody wants to walk alone.

Kindly note my doors are well open to any question whatsoever for those who might need some encouragement from my journey.

see you around.

4 working days.

Congrat, you got every reason to be happy.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2011
@JUSTWISE.

Thanks.

We are not going to do the Maths are we?, lol.

This is my summation ok,

Submission, actually the last on that fateful day (I will have to share that experience HELP ME LORD I PRAY).

Ok.

Submission, Friday 2nd December 2011.

Day 1 , Monday 5th December 2011.

Day 2, Tuesday 6th December 2011.

VISA Issued Wednesday 7th December 2011.

If you say 4, It's all cool to me; If I say 2, I mean my '2'.

At least the first post was stated a week.

I say a week or I say 2 or you say 4.

The fact remains I got it.

Thanks for the thoughts.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Vicjustice: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2011
WaveofG.:

grin
Nairaland;

see you around.
   Question: please, by what criteria were you eligible for the Settlement Visa?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2011
, Since my fingers are still at work.

Please note that I filled my application ONLINE, think that is so much better.
It was such a sight to see our fellow Nigerians rushing and filling their forms onsite, that is a NO NO.
Take your time, read, digest, relax and fill accurately.

Then what I did was to Index all my supporting documents and did a summary of documents required that should be sent to support this process.

SUMMARY

Marriage Certificate
Recent Photograph
Current Passport
Birth Certificate of yourself & hubby (Sponsor)
Original Certificate of Award / English Test as the case may be
Tenancy Agreement (stating your legal permission to occupy)/ Letter from the Landlord & the Property Inspection Report to show it is not overcrowded and it is for your exclusive use.
Salary Slips of Sponsor plus any additional Income that can show maintainance capability.

Then for every part of the form there was an index stating what I submitted if any to support the question etc.
I used the A4 Index numbered 1-20 and clearly stated all that I submitted.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
@ Vicjustice.

Settlement on the Spouse Level.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by folem: 9:01am On Dec 15, 2011
WaveofG.:

@JUSTWISE.

Thanks.

We are not going to do the Maths are we?, lol.

This is my summation ok,

Submission, actually the last on that fateful day (I will have to share that experience HELP ME LORD I PRAY).

Ok.

Submission, Friday 2nd December 2011.

Day 1 , Monday 5th December 2011.

Day 2, Tuesday 6th December 2011.

VISA Issued Wednesday 7th December 2011.

If you say 4, It's all cool to me; If I say 2, I mean my '2'.

At least the first post was stated a week.

I say a week or I say 2 or you say 4.

The fact remains I got it.

Thanks for the thoughts.

@ WaveofG

How can I know the date of issue on a UK visa?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2011
@ Folem.

The date of issue is the valid from date stated on your Visa.
Thanks.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by folem: 12:44pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ WaveofG

Thanks.

The valid from date is 23/12/2011 so that can't be the date of issue.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ Folem.

When applying, what date did you state as your intended date of travel?.
I appreciate that the date you stated is in the future.
For me I stated that I wanted to travel next week and my visa valid from date is 7th December 2011.
Basically I am allowed to travel now if I so wish.

Please note the following from UKBA.

There are two significant dates on the entry clearance:

The 'effective' date which is the date on which the entry clearance is issued (and therefore the date on which the applicant can travel);
and

The 'expiry' date which is the date when the entry clearance will not be valid for travel to the UK, and nor will it confer leave to enter. 

Any other query, feel free to ask.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by folem: 1:20pm On Dec 15, 2011
@ WaveofG

Thanks.

When I submitted my application, the intended date of travel was 20/01/2012.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2011
@Folem.

You are welcome.
There you go, which explains why the date was as such, hope you did not want to travel earlier?.
Anyway, enjoy the journey.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2011
thats really fantastic , i applied since 21/11/2011 and till now i haven't hear anything. the status haven't change for once, also i read a thread saying she applied on the 7th of Nov and collected her visa by 7th of Dec. why is mine talking so long? i also index mine document as well , it was only the ticket and the evidence of commincation that wasn't index. why is mie talking so long?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2011
@ levos2007.

It will come soon ok.
What was your date of intent to travel?.
I am just so grateful to GOD and still amazed.
Anyway, keep me posted.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2011
my intended date was 5th of dec. the last mail i sent to vfs says that "my application is going thru verification", but just wondering cos either my wife or me has receive any call or email, till happy for u, remain blessed.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 1:31am On Dec 24, 2011
@Levos2007.

, It will come to pass.
The basic standard time is normally 3 months, however one does not hope or pray it should take that long!.
So what are you doing for Christmas?.
Keep hope alive and be strong.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 3:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
thanks, how was your xmas, hope u had fun, 
i hope it will come soon,  i hope it will happen next week. i was thinking maybe because all the document used were from europe including the marriage cert. i have no choice than to wait.
see u around
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2011
@levos2007.

How was your Christmas?.
I have to thank GOD cause HE made it so beautiful for me.
Pls relax and put your mind at rest.
Where the documents come from does not matter as long as they are
genuine.
It will happen soon & you can share.
See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2011
xmas was boring was thou.thank for the encouragement. all the documents are genuine, just think they having started working. well i have no choice than to wait, do u have any idea for one way ticket. see u around
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2011
, Hey so sorry about your Christmas. Not too worry look forward, 2012!!!.
Shop around for tickets, what's your preferred airline?.
Someone suggested Wakanow, so do get on the website too.
I do not think it will be less than 100k but could be, depends on when you would be travelling!.
So start packing your bags & ticket searching too.
See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2011
Thanks, hopely it will happen in jan. So when will you be traveling? Am gonna look at the website later. See you around
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 5:24pm On Dec 30, 2011
@ Levos2007.

Hey, I didn't want to scream out loud, however to GOD be the glory as I did spend my Christmas with my Sweetheart.
So I have travelled already.
See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 5:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] hello
i applied for settlement on the 28th of november but my status still reads application has been forwarded to the british high commission.do i need to be worried? Can i send them a mail?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Genevieveh.

You have every right to follow up your application process.
Please try not to worry cause It does not add to anything.
It will be over soon, after all the holiday is over now and work should be back to normal.
So no need to worry.
BHC do have their processing times etc, however one hopes and prays for a straightforward and swift turnaround.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 12:26am On Jan 06, 2012
WaveofG.:

@ Genevieveh.

You have every right to follow up your application process.
Please try not to worry cause It does not add to anything.
It will be over soon, after all the holiday is over now and work should be back to normal.
So no need to worry.
BHC do have their processing times etc, however one hopes and prays for a straightforward and swift turnaround.

See you around.
hi
i am a bit worried,i don't know if the british embassy will take part in the strike action coming up on monday because my status is still reading fowarded to BHC and if they participate that will delay my process seriously
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 1:48am On Jan 06, 2012
@ Genevieveh,

What strike is that?.
You can follow up your application via phonecall or e-mail quoting your reference.
There is nothing to be afraid of, cause people will advice against it that this action could delay!!!.
What about sending an e-mail.
The standard time could be quoted, 3 months? or other processing time statements.
Follow your heart.
I do realise it is a lot on your mind, however try not to worry, instead be hopeful and keep yourself busy.
Keep me posted, who knows the story could change sooner than you think.
Be hopeful and stay positive.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2012
WaveofG.:

@ Genevieveh,

What strike is that?.
You can follow up your application via phonecall or e-mail quoting your reference.
There is nothing to be afraid of, cause people will advice against it that this action could delay!!!.
What about sending an e-mail.
The standard time could be quoted, 3 months? or other processing time statements.
Follow your heart.
I do realise it is a lot on your mind, however try not to worry, instead be hopeful and keep yourself busy.
Keep me posted, who knows the story could change sooner than you think.
Be hopeful and stay positive.

See you around.
hi
the strike action planned in nigeria to take off on monday the 9th of january with regards to the fuel subsidy removal.i applied on the 28th of november so it is not up to 3months yet but they say the will lock markets,banks,all offices, so i don't know if the british embassy will be part of it.
Thanx.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 9:27am On Jan 06, 2012
@ Genevieveh.

We will have to wait & see.
However that should not stop them working behind closed doors?!, may be not just opened to the public.
Anyway, at least you have submitted, so that is a step forward.
Take care.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2012
WaveofG.:

@ Genevieveh.

We will have to wait & see.
However that should not stop them working behind closed doors?!, may be not just opened to the public.
Anyway, at least you have submitted, so that is a step forward.
Take care.

See you around.

hi
please i am still waiting. I do not know if the BHC is affected by the strike at least if i know i can understand why it is taking so long to give me a reply.
Thnx
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2012
@ Genevieveh;

It will work out.
Did you send an e-mail or check the website of the application centre.
I will check too for any News etc.
Try to keep positive & hopeful ok.

See you around.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 11:06am On Jan 24, 2012
am getting very impatient now. they haven't answer me yet. the statue remain the since i submitted more than 2 month now, getting very stressyyyyyyyyy
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by WaveofG: 11:12pm On Jan 24, 2012
@Levos2007.

Hey, Take it easy o!.
I can only remain positive for you,
The status will change & you will soon be settled with your loved one.
Please take it a day at a time.

See you around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Return From Canada After Getting A PR / How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk / 21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.