Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. (9899 Views)

Uk Settlement Visa Info / Got Settlement Visa In 8-days! / 3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Enugu4u: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
I say a very big Congrats. I pray mine works .
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Enugu4u: 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
Please help. I am preparing my application for spousal visa. Me and my hubby only did a church wedding and we were issued with a marriage certificate by the church. I do not believe my church has been licenced to produce marriage certificates on behalf of the nigerian court. Would the british embassy accept my application or would the embassy insist on having a marriage certificate issued by the nigerian court registry. E.g. Ikoyi Registry. Please reply.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 7:05am On Jan 26, 2012
Enugu4u:

Please help. I am preparing my application for spousal visa. Me and my hubby only did a church wedding and we were issued with a marriage certificate by the church. I do not believe my church has been licenced to produce marriage certificates on behalf of the nigerian court. Would the british embassy accept my application or would the embassy insist on having a marriage certificate issued by the nigerian court registry. E.g. Ikoyi Registry. Please reply.
yes it will b safer because i think d recognise d registry certificate more n dnt forget to d a newspaper publication for ur change of name.submit all original documents.i just got my own visa.
Praying for you
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Sparkone: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2012
Hi all, I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few days now, I decided to join as I really appreciate the support you guys are showing each other.
My husband applied for a UK Spouse visa on the 28th November, 2011 and we are yet to hear anything back from the BHC. The status is still showing your visa application has been forwarded to the BHC, our application was submitted at the Abuja VFS. I know only the issuing officer know’s how long we must wait. But I would like to know Genevieveh when did you get your response? Also I send you a big well done,  and congrats
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by genevieveh: 10:52am On Jan 26, 2012
Sparkone:

Hi all, I've been reading the posts on this forum for a few days now, I decided to join as I really appreciate the support you guys are showing each other.
My husband applied for a UK Spouse visa on the 28th November, 2011 and we are yet to hear anything back from the BHC. The status is still showing your visa application has been forwarded to the BHC, our application was submitted at the Abuja VFS. I know only the issuing officer know’s how long we must wait. But I would like to know Genevieveh when did you get your response? Also I send you a big well done, and congrats

hi i got myn on the 20th of jan.jst hang in there u may get a reply before this week runs out or by monday
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Sparkone: 5:50pm On Jan 26, 2012
I really hope so, as no luck for me today. I'll wait and see what tomorrow holds. cry
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Sparkone: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hey just wanted to give on update on my husband’s settlement visa application. So the online status changed on Friday 27th Jan (just as you predicted genevieveh), unfortunately we had the whole weekend to worry about the result, as my husband did not make it to the VFS in time to collect on Friday.  So he collected the application today, the visa was granted on the 23rd January (the online status changed on the 27th). I am so relieved, can’t wait for him to get here,
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by emmiejnr: 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2012
i feel sad, i had my application for the settlement visa submitted on the 6th of Jan and it was ready for collection today 30th , but i was denied, its crazy because it was based on my sponsor which is my wife and, the reason stated, i didnt add her div cert, and the documents submitted were printed out, so therefore he isnt satisfied i meet all requirement,
why couldnt they just ask me and i would have provided it, its painful
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Sparkone: 8:47am On Feb 01, 2012
Emmiejnr, appeal the decision and include all original documents (plus extra’s). If this is the only reason why you were refused, be happy as that is something you can fix, they will surely give you a visa.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by emmiejnr: 9:23am On Feb 01, 2012
@ sparkone, I really don't know much about the appeal process , besides I hear it takes longer time, I was hoping to reapply again next week, what do you think
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by amykelly: 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ sparkone, I really don't know much about the appeal process , besides I hear it takes longer time, I was hoping to reapply again next week, what do you think

Dont bother to appeal as it can take forever. If i were you, i will reapply and attach the originals of all documents.
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by Sparkone: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2012
What is the exact reason for refusal? because if it was just down to copies vs. originals, then surly the decision should be overturned with ease, if you can supply all original documents. Appealing will save you money that is better spent on your family. I believe the first stage of an appeal will give the issuing officer/s the chance to overturn the initial decision, if they stick by the refusal, then it goes to court (that is what can take a long time).
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 9:37am On Feb 02, 2012
Am happy with u guys. i think u should appeal if thats the only reason u were denied,
My spouse allow printed out her bank statement but she stamped them in her bank, hopefully i will receive the Good news on friday or monday. i have applied since nov24,
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 9:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
am really happy guys that i got my visa on the 15th of feb but its have been granted on the 9th. 12weeks all together,
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by justwise(m): 9:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
levos2007:

Am happy with u guys. i think u should appeal if thats the only reason u were denied,
My spouse allow printed out her bank statement but she stamped them in her bank, hopefully i will receive the Good news on friday or monday. i have applied since nov24,

Congrat, at least the waiting was not for nothing
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by levos2007(m): 10:46am On Feb 21, 2012
The waiting wasn't for nothing, thats the most important thing
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by amykelly: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2012
Hi Guys, did you all do a test of English? Can a B.A (hons) degree in English Language exempt one from that requirement?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by beenut: 1:05pm On Aug 07, 2014
pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?
Re: It Happened: Uk Settlement Visa In 2 Days. by ifegy: 12:59am On Aug 08, 2014
beenut: pls i need some advice asap before i proceed. i applied for a settlement visa from nigeria, but unfortunately i was refused on the ground that i did not include my test of english result and the need more evidence that am truly married to my wife. i send them our marriage certificate,pictures and all relevant documents they might need. my wife is british and we have a daughter together and expecting another one in couple of weeks time, my wife has a very good job dat earns her atleast 60k per anum with reputable company and she has never recieved any help or benefit from the gov,pays her tax regularly. yesterday i just recieved the decision and was refused. pls what can i do next?

Try asking here:
https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-visa-visa-appeal-process-part2

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Weird Laws Of UAE Dubai That Can Land You In Jail / Tier 2 Sponsorship. Fraud/scam / How Is Life As An Illigal Immigrant? In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.