Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,376 members, 7,800,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana (5776 Views)

Cars And Stars. First Nigerian Car Show On Dstv Starts Today. / Capacity Of Nigerian Car Manufacturing Industry Rises By 50% / Nigerian Car-assembled by nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by tkovie2002(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
Please can anyone help me with Information on the necessary steps to take for someone to bring a car registered in Nigeria and use it in Ghana? I would like detailed information like the necessary papers, the cost of obtaining them etc.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by tkovie2002(m): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2011
someone pls help with this info
Re: Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by tkovie2002(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2011
hello nairalanders!!!!
Re: Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by tkovie2002(m): 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2012
No answers at all?
Re: Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by elms: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2012
You will be passing through 3 country borders, namely Seme border, Lakonji border and Aflao border. I will take them one after the other. You will need your brown card (insurance), there are two types, comprehensive and 3rd party, your international drivers' license and the international vehicle license for the car. All these you can get from the first border except that you can not get a comprehensively insured brown card.
All the borders on both side will charge you off-the -books first entry charges, prices differs between cars and suvs, so you have to be a bit loaded especially with CFA's.

You will pay for the Laise passe at all these borders so you will have to get 3 nos. laise passe. at Seme(Nigeria-Benin), Lakonji(Benin-Lome) and Aflao(Lome-Ghana)borders. Make sure you follow whoever is proposing to help you out at the borders to the point where these documents are collected and cross-check it for the full details Chasis-nos of your car. Any little disparity could delay you for a long time with the gerdames or other security agencies within the town where you'd be traveling. In Ghana, make sure you are always renewing your laise-passe on the day of expiry while within the country.

I hope I have been able to help with my little information. I was in this situation in 2010 but no one was able to give me tangible help on nairaland. So this is from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Using A Nigerian Car With Nigerian Licence Plates In Ghana by tkovie2002(m): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2012
@elms.. Thank you very much for your contribution. But I will like to ask if you have estimates for the cost of everything. Please give as much detail as you can. I really appreciate that. And since you are talking from experience, please tell me about police reaction to Nigerian Licence Plates in Ghana.. coz I know Ghanaians have a thing with Nigerians.

Please other people can add their own contributions too... Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz C200/c220 Or Just Stick With Good Old Toyota Brands ? / Difference(s) Between Camry Tiny Light And 2001 Camry(envelope) / Buy These Two Toyota Cars For N2.3million Am Relocating To Usa.. Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.