Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. (14577 Views)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Where Was God B4 He Created Heaven And Earth? / Where Was God Living Before HE Created Heaven??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2011
I was just going through my holy bible some couple of minutes ago,Genesis to be precised and chapter 1 verse 1 says " In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." a question now came to my mind,where was God living before he created heaven,honestly i am not trying to play any pranks here i just want to be enlightened and i would be grateful if anyone out there could help me out.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Image123(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2011
Maybe around ikeja side, abi. Not sure, Google it

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by utelee: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2011
my man our GOD is an invisible GOD that question can not be answerd.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2011
Image123:

Maybe around ikeja side, abi. Not sure, Google it
I dont have time for kids especially those seeking for attetion,so beat it.
utelee:

my man our GOD is an invisible GOD that question can not be answerd.
thanx for your response,but how would you react to what is written in Genesis Chapter 1 verse 26-27 "  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by utelee: 10:55am On Dec 15, 2011
our GOD IS AN INVISIBLE GOD d question can not b answerd.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2011
utelee:

our GOD IS AN INVISIBLE GOD d question can not b answerd.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,would i be right to say you cannot explain Genesis 1 vs 26-27?thanx anyway.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by solomon111(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
IYA NGBALI:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,would i be right to say you cannot explain Genesis 1 vs 26-27?thanx anyway.
God is invisible but at the same time,he has a form.We were made in his form.God has hands, eyes, face legs e.t.c.we humans possess this features because God possesses them.The bible is replete with examples of God's out-stretched arms,laughing of his enemies to scorn(mouth),the Egyptians even testified of the finger of God.In exodus 33vs11,moses saw the back of God,but was not shown his face because no one can see his face and live.All this examples only prove the fact that God possesses a form even though he is a spirit,i.e he is invisible.
And on your earlier question of where he was before creating heaven;The bible says that God lives from everlasting to everlasting,i.e from time immemorial.Remember that God is invisible so he could have existed anywhere.He does not need a physical space to exist.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2011
solomon111:

God is invisible but at the same time,he has a form.We were made in his form.God has hands, eyes, face legs e.t.c.we humans possess this features because God possesses them.The bible is replete with examples of God's out-stretched arms,laughing of his enemies to scorn(mouth),the Egyptians even testified of the finger of God.In exodus 33vs11,moses saw the back of God,but was not shown his face because no one can see his face and live.All this examples only prove the fact that God possesses a form even though he is a spirit,i.e he is invisible.
And on your earlier question of where he was before creating heaven;The bible says that God lives from everlasting to everlasting,i.e from time immemorial.Remember that God is invisible so he could have existed anywhere.He does not need a physical space to exist.
thanx man

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Aparche(f): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2011
In 2Corinthians 12:2, paul mentions a third heaven; this means that there are three heavens: 1st, 2nd & 3rd heavens. First heaven being the air that we breathe(atmospheric), second heaven the place where angels and devils dwell(earths heaven), and third heaven being God's heaven(planet heaven). In my opinion Gen. 1:1 was referring to either the 1st or the 2nd heaven or probably both. Remember that He had already created the angels before he made man. So they must have been dwelling somewhere,
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by solomon111(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2011
@aparche.
You are very correct.But still dosent change the fact that God dose not require a physical space to exist because the Bible say even the heaven of heavens cannot contain him.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by denitro(m): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2011
Aparche:

In 2Corinthians 12:2, paul mentions a third heaven; this means that there are three heavens: 1st, 2nd & 3rd heavens. First heaven being the air that we breathe(atmospheric), second heaven the place where angels and devils dwell(earths heaven), and third heaven being God's heaven(planet heaven). In my opinion Gen. 1:1 was referring to either the 1st or the 2nd heaven or probably both. Remember that He had already created the angels before he made man. So they must have been dwelling somewhere,

I don't think so,
Paul was referring to the next life

Just as there are different degrees of righteousness on the earth, there are kingdoms of differing glory in the next life:

1) the celestial kingdom is the highest, the Glory of the Sun
2) terrestrial is next, the Glory of the moon
3) telestial is last, the Glory of the stars

If we are worthy, we can be placed into one of those Kingdoms of God. God himself is in the Celestial Kingdom, which is eternal happiness.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by mczenos: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2011
I will love to leave some of you this words of caution Paul in the new testament

Galatians 1: 6 -10

6. marvel that ye are so soon aremoved from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7.  Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8.  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
AMEN
There is a curse pronounced by the Apostle of Christ on those who go about preach and teaching false doctrine calling the doctrine and gospel of CHRIST. When it comes to the gospel is best to keep your mouth shut if you are not sure of what you want to say -
Ecclesiastes 5:2, 6
2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.
6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?
7 For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities but fear thou God.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by solomon111(m): 8:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
@denitro
I beg to differ.The third heaven is the kingdom of GOD which paul saw.The second heaven is the abode of principalities and powers in high places which was spoken of in Ephesians chapter 6.The prince of persia was part of the principalities and powers that hindered angel Gabriel when he was delivering answers to Daniel's prayers in Daniel chapter 11.They are in charge of nations in the world today.They are largely responsible for the chaos in different parts of the world today.The first heaven is the region that contains the sun, moon and stars.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by mantraa: 9:59pm On Dec 15, 2011
I was just going through my holy bible some couple of minutes ago,Genesis to be precised and chapter 1 verse 1 says " In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." a question now came to my mind,where was God living before he created heaven,honestly i am not trying to play any pranks here i just want to be enlightened and i would be grateful if anyone out there could help me out.

Thats a very good question. If in the beginning god created the heavens (the universe) and the earth,  then god must have been living somewhere else outside of this universe.
That leads to another question: Considering that this galaxy is 100 million light years across, and other galaxies are millions and billions of light years away from us, how can we see the light from them if earth was created at the same time and the light takes millions of years to reach us.? We can also see things in the heavens that must have happened millions of years before the earth was created like the remnants of exploding stars (supernovas), black holes, and even other solar systems with planets, some like earth.
This shows that the universe is very much older than the earth. In fact the earth and all the elements that it and we are made from were formed in the fusion reactions of supernovas which can still be observed to be happening today, and planets are still observed to be forming from their remnants.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

This also begs the question; Who was god talking to when he said this? Let US make man in OUR image.

If you put these questions in context with the age when these stories were written and the people who wrote them, there is a very obvious conclusion to your questions.

Remember the saying 'In space, no one can hear you scream'. The writers of the bible didnt know that sound needs air to travel and in space there is no air. It is a vacuum.
That means that god must be living on a planet with an atmosphere so that he can produce sound waves to make words.

The creation stories in the bible are so full of holes, that must be the reason why it is called holy. It was written by ignorant bronze age nomadic goat herders who had no idea that they were living on a planet in orbit around a star, which is one of billions of stars in a galaxy, which is one of billions of galaxies containing billions of other planets which are just now being discovered. They needed to try to make sense of it all, but got it all so horribly wrong

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2011
Christianity with so many fables grin
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2011
uplawal:

Christianity with so many fables grin
get lost dik head tongue a boko haram on the loose
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2011
A christian saying dickhead,nawa o, i thought those f-words are meant for immoral people,you see what christianity has turn you to,shame.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by maclatunji: 6:55am On Dec 16, 2011
The OP has identified another of the too many faults in Christianity. Many Christians try to explain this away by saying God is a spirit- A farcical proposition. God is God and is absolutely unique- not spirit, man or anything you can fathom. Until you accept this, you are on a wrong course and direction altogether.

You see any concept and construct your brain can think-of is dependent on God whilst he is independent of them in addition to an infinite number of things that we cannot think-of because it is beyond our capacity.

We have been given a lot of knowledge but we have to agree that all we know is extremely minute in the grand scheme of things with God.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 1:50pm On Dec 16, 2011
uplawal:

A christian saying dickhead,nawa o, i thought those f-words are meant for immoral people,you see what christianity has turn you to,shame.
shut the fok up boko and face your pains inflicting religion tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2011
You saying all these,while you are next to God?you know better where God is,foolish woman.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by plappville(f): 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ OP, a very interesting question,of which no being can know!

But i would suggest, God is everywhere. God's activities befor creating the heavens and the earth are not known.
He is the beginning and the end. meaning he had no beginning nor ending.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by IYANGBALI: 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2011
uplawal:

You saying all these,while you are next to God?you know better where God is,foolish woman.
alakori imole omoiya aje you are a witch winsh and a potential boko haram,God punish you tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by solomon111(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2011
It baffles me when all this muslims come here to cast aspersion on the bible, when their quran is more or less a novel with so many scientific and genealogical fallacies.My fellow scientists usually have a laugh when they try to analyze the quran.This muslims even use the same bible to validate their teachings, whereby xtians do not see any meaningful use of the quran(it is worthless).
@mantra
It is time you stop looking at the bible with your carnal and unspiritual reasoning.When God said "let us create man",he was talking to Jesus and the holyspirit.I dont know why God would need an athmosphere to talk when he is a spirit and the beings in heaven are spirits.Moreover heaven is not a physical location,it is spiritual.It is not subject to physical laws of physics and chemistry.So trying to sound intelligent when you are not.
I am a scientist of first class repute, and I can tell you authoritatively that every genealogical and scientific facts in the bible are proving to be very accurate everyday, following researches being conducted by scientists worldwide on daily bases.You can go online to validate the accuracy of the bible.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Woke4all(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2011
Contact a Jehovah`s witness for help
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by ichuka(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
@op
our Lord Jesus Christ is The Begining(Rev21:6).all things created in Heaven and on earth,visible and invisible,whether thrones,dominion,principalities or powers were created by Him and for Him(Colosns1:16).For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things(Roms11:36)and without Him there is absolutely nothing(John1:3).
For it pleased the Father that IN HIM(JESUS) should all fullness dwell(Colosns1:19).
To answer your question, i will say God was in The Begining(which is Jesus Christ) before He created the Heaven,the Heaven and earth were created in Him,For in The Begining(Jesus Christ) God created the Heaven and earth(Gen1:1). All things were created in Him thats the reason He knows the end from the begining(Ish46:10)for He is The Begining and The end(Rev21:6). though i stand to be corrected.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by young20: 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2011
God does not exist.this world came by chance
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by felixedet(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2013
God dwells in eternity, heaven and earth came forth from him through his Word which was made flesh and dwell among us(mortals). before creation God's spirit was everywhere since everything else we can and can't see came from him alone. Most commenters who are all created by God rather choose to amuse themself and others of their kind belief-wise thinking that they can mock God, forgetting that he can not be mocked. @mantraa;you gave a very horrible and ignorant response. Science is a satanic NWO ministry.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:39am On May 08, 2013
God was living in man's imagination before the the beginning.

I remember XTC, God creates us after we create him.

For those that will question what that mean, let me explain it.

After a man design a God for himself or his society, the God will brand the man, change his life and relationship with his society. A man that doesn't believe in God will not have a special day of worship but the day he start believing in God, he chose sunday, saturday and friday designing himself into a new man (new mentality and way of life).

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Nobody: 9:09am On May 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE: God was living in man's imagination before the the beginning.

I remember XTC, God creates us after we create him.

For those that will question what that mean, let me explain it.

After a man design a God for himself or his society, the God will brand the man, change his life and relationship with his society. A man that doesn't believe in God will not have a special day of worship but the day he start believing in God, he chose sunday, saturday and friday designing himself into a new man (new mentality and way of life).

Out of zealousness to mock the theists you plunge your thoughts into deep waters of irrationality.
Let me explain.
First off, your idea of God cannot be residing in man before the beginning, but prior to his beginning. The moment you say 'God was living in man's imagination before the
the beginning', you're indirectly saying that man is the beginning, not just of God but all their is. But we know this is not true.
Secondly, how can this your idea of God create us, when we're already created? Do you recreate or create what is already created?
Let me pause here.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by plaetton: 12:33pm On May 08, 2013
solomon111: God is invisible but at the same time,he has a form.We were made in his form.God has hands, eyes, face legs e.t.c.we humans possess this features because God possesses them.The bible is replete with examples of God's out-stretched arms,laughing of his enemies to scorn(mouth),the Egyptians even testified of the finger of God.In exodus 33vs11,moses saw the back of God,but was not shown his face because no one can see his face and live.All this examples only prove the fact that God possesses a form even though he is a spirit,i.e he is invisible.

Omg. I can't stop laughing.
Let summarize what i have learnt in this post
God is invisible but he has arms and legs.
God has enemies,meaning that he was by no means omnipotent nor the creator. Why would create enemies for himself?
Before heaven,god lived in place called everlasting.
Wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by onyfrank: 3:37pm On May 08, 2013
utelee: our GOD IS AN INVISIBLE GOD d question can not b answerd.
to ur physical senses, God is invisible. Bt
Do u think that God is seeing Himself as invisible? No! He is visible to Himself.
So God is everywia, bcuming what He want b
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. by Areaboy2(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2013
plaetton:

Omg. I can't stop laughing.
Let summarize what i have learnt in this post
God is invisible but he has arms and legs.
God has enemies,meaning that he was by no means omnipotent nor the creator. Why would create enemies for himself?
Before heaven,god lived in place called everlasting.
Wonderful.

LOOOOOL

For the last one. someone above said god lived in "planet heaven".... I fell off my chair in laughter.. Christians are amazing creatures grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dolly Parton & Dionne Warwick Team Up For New Gospel Song 'Peace Like A River' / Is It Wise To Split Tithe Between Different Churches? / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.