Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,826 members, 7,802,640 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863634 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:03am On Dec 19, 2012
justwise:

Wait for their reply, they may probably give you a new date.
Thanks justwise
Please can you re-read my post as I edited it afresh
Apparently, I got a reply from them on14th Dec (but it went to my spam mail box) asking if I would want to defer the admission. Yet to reply though as the earliest I can wire money to them is next week though like I said,I prefer the other 2 schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 5:56am On Dec 21, 2012
Have been waiting for this moment for sometime now and it is almost here. My little concern is that, is it right for me to print my statement of account on that same 28th day and take it to UKBA or do I wait till after the 28th day? Thanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
peteafrik88: Have been waiting for this moment for sometime now and it is almost here. My little concern is that, is it right for me to print my statement of account on that same 28th day and take it to UKBA or do I wait till after the 28th day? Thanx

You can either apply the same day or wait a day later, its up to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2012
justwise:

You can either apply the same day or wait a day later, its up to you.

@Justwise Thanx... I heard you mentioning something like matured students in another thread and I just felt curious to know what that means for UK? When can one be considered a matured student?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2012
peteafrik88:

@Justwise Thanx... I heard you mentioning something like matured students in another thread and I just felt curious to know what that means for UK? When can one be considered a matured student?

The matured student thing got nothing to do with student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by premp: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
Hello, I got my biometric letter on 9/12/12 and i completed the biometric procedure on 10/12/12 (3 weeks from now), my question is, how much longer before my Visa may arrive? It's a student visa extension i applied for fyi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
premp: Hello, I got my biometric letter on 9/12/12 and i completed the biometric procedure on 10/12/12 (3 weeks from now), my question is, how much longer before my Visa may arrive? It's a student visa extension i applied for fyi.

Hopefully Jan ending, but going by what a friend went through early this year it took at least 4 months after biometric before he got his visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kelorm(f): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2012
Hello everyone,
Compliments of the season. Please I will be submitting my application on the 2nd of January and I need to make a few clarifications before doing that.

1. My mum is my sponsor and am getting her statement of account with enough money to cover my remaining fees and maintenance. I also have a scanned copy of her passport bio data page. My question now is, the letter of consent should it be hand written by her or typed and signed by her
2. My school resumes on the 21st of january. I have requested an extension to February 4 but they replied that 4th of February is still around the enrolment period. But it wasn't stated on my CAS. Can I still go ahead and apply for my visa explaining this to the ECO or do I insist the school send my CAS stating the extension
Will they be able to send it same day I ask for it
4. I read in the first part of this thread that BHC don't accept laminated documents am afraid most of my certificates are laminated. I hope there won't be a problem
5. There was a mistake in the spelling of my first name in my NECO certificate but I have an affidavit from the federal High court to correct that mistake. I hope am good to go

Below are the documents am submitting. Please help put me on the right track

International passport
Tier 4 pbs form
Vaf9 appendix
CAS
Statement of result(laminated)
Transcript
NECO cert and notarized affidavit (both laminated)
Mums Statement of account
Birth certificate (laminated)
Letter from mum
Mums passport bio data page
2passport photograph
Oanda printout
Photocopies of all documents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2012
kelorm: Hello everyone,
Compliments of the season. Please I will be submitting my application on the 2nd of January and I need to make a few clarifications before doing that.

1. My mum is my sponsor and am getting her statement of account with enough money to cover my remaining fees and maintenance. I also have a scanned copy of her passport bio data page. My question now is, the letter of consent should it be hand written by her or typed and signed by her
2. My school resumes on the 21st of january. I have requested an extension to February 4 but they replied that 4th of February is still around the enrolment period. But it wasn't stated on my CAS. Can I still go ahead and apply for my visa explaining this to the ECO or do I insist the school send my CAS stating the extension
4. I read in the first part of this thread that BHC don't accept laminated documents am afraid most of my certificates are laminated. I hope there won't be a problem
5. There was a mistake in the spelling of my first name in my NECO certificate but I have an affidavit from the federal High court to correct that mistake. I hope am good to go

International passport
Tier 4 pbs form
Vaf9 appendix
CAS
Transcript
Letter from mum
2passport photograph
Oanda printout

It takes at least 21 working days to process your application (excluding weekends and public holidays) and your school should specify when last they wil accept students on your CAS. I will tel you to work with that date. For me I submitted a laminated copy of all my certificate and documents to BHC, and no one mentioned anything like that to me. Though I am still yet to recieve my Visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2012

International passport
Tier 4 pbs form
Vaf9 appendix
CAS
Transcript
Letter from mum
2passport photograph
Oanda printout
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2012

I have answered only 3 of your questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. It should be typed and signed

4. Not true, I submitted 2 laminated documents and my visa was approved.

5. With the affidavit, you are good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kelorm(f): 9:07am On Dec 31, 2012
@peteafrik88 and FutureDon. Thanks for your impressive contributions. I will go ahead and request a CAS stating the latest resumption date. I was almost thinking every one busy at one groove or the other celebrating the end of the year. Have a fulfilling 2013.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peteafrik88(m): 9:33am On Dec 31, 2012
kelorm: @peteafrik88 and FutureDon. Thanks for your impressive contributions. I will go ahead and request a CAS stating the latest resumption date. I was almost thinking every one busy at one groove or the other celebrating the end of the year. Have a fulfilling 2013.

Same to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by niyimeg: 7:47am On Jan 02, 2013
please I HAVE PAID 6K OUT OF 10K OF MY TUITUON FEE BUT AM YET TO RECIEVE MY CAS NUMBER,THE ISSUE AM HAVING IS THAT AFTER MAKING THE PAYMENT OF 6K AM NOW LEFT WITH 45O,000 NAIRA IN MY MUM"S ACCOUNT BUT SHE HAS 3M ON A FIXED ACCOUNT SO CAN I APPLY WITH THE BOTH ACCOUNTS( 450,000 + 3M FIXED DEPOSIT)

PLEASE MY PROGRAM STARTS ON JAN 21 AND AM YET TO GET MY CAS NUMBER BUH MAH AGENT TOLD ME ITS NOT TOO LATE TO APPLY FOR VISA.......PLEASE ADVICE ME
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:22am On Jan 02, 2013
niyimeg: please I HAVE PAID 6K OUT OF 10K OF MY TUITUON FEE BUT AM YET TO RECIEVE MY CAS NUMBER,THE ISSUE AM HAVING IS THAT AFTER MAKING THE PAYMENT OF 6K AM NOW LEFT WITH 45O,000 NAIRA IN MY MUM"S ACCOUNT BUT SHE HAS 3M ON A FIXED ACCOUNT SO CAN I APPLY WITH THE BOTH ACCOUNTS( 450,000 + 3M FIXED DEPOSIT)

PLEASE MY PROGRAM STARTS ON JAN 21 AND AM YET TO GET MY CAS NUMBER BUH MAH AGENT TOLD ME ITS NOT TOO LATE TO APPLY FOR VISA.......PLEASE ADVICE ME

Since an agent is doing the job contact the agent for advice, that is what he is paid for, you paid an agent for a job and still come here to ask for advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 8:27am On Jan 02, 2013
Good morning all
A blissful 2013 to all nairalanders wink wink
Are the documents below all that's needed to apply for my visa {Am still awaiting my CAS}?
Please can someone explain [1] Notarized affidavit. Why swear an affidavit over your school result [2] Oanda print out?
Thanks

International passport
Tier 4 pbs form
Vaf9 appendix
CAS
Transcript

Letter from mum
2passport photograph
Oanda printout

@niyimeg,I think you can apply with both accounts as your mum is the same sponsor. Let the gurus of this section give you their insights O!, as mine is my opinion.
As per the CAS thing, we dey the same boat for now. wink wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^^^^
Mr Justwise and co,abeg no pass my post by O!
Abeg your insight.
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by niyimeg: 9:06am On Jan 02, 2013
justwise:

Since an agent is doing the job contact the agent for advice, that is what he is paid for, you paid an agent for a job and still come here to ask for advice?

PLEASE SHE IS THE SCHOOL"S REP IN NIGERIA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:36pm On Jan 03, 2013
fiscalcliff: Good morning all
A blissful 2013 to all nairalanders wink wink
Are the documents below all that's needed to apply for my visa {Am still awaiting my CAS}?
Please can someone explain [1] Notarized affidavit. Why swear an affidavit over your school result [2] Oanda print out?
Thanks

@niyimeg,I think you can apply with both accounts as your mum is the same sponsor. Let the gurus of this section give you their insights O!, as mine is my opinion.
As per the CAS thing, we dey the same boat for now. wink wink

You don't need any affidavit, you include affidavit if there is discrepancies in your DoB.

Oanda print out is the exchange rate of the day you submitted your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
niyimeg: please I HAVE PAID 6K OUT OF 10K OF MY TUITUON FEE BUT AM YET TO RECIEVE MY CAS NUMBER,THE ISSUE AM HAVING IS THAT AFTER MAKING THE PAYMENT OF 6K AM NOW LEFT WITH 45O,000 NAIRA IN MY MUM"S ACCOUNT BUT SHE HAS 3M ON A FIXED ACCOUNT SO CAN I APPLY WITH THE BOTH ACCOUNTS( 450,000 + 3M FIXED DEPOSIT)

You really have to ask for extension from your school or defer your admission to Sept,

If one account does not contain all the money needed to meet the requirements then submit both accounts as long as the money in both of them have clocked 28days there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by aeda: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2013
HNY Justwise ...just had a question ...is this oanda printout compulsory ?I have already submitted my application (24th dec) and when i did first bank used their exchange rate to convert the balance which was almost the same with oanda that day .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
aeda: HNY Justwise ...just had a question ...is this oanda printout compulsory ?I have already submitted my application (24th dec) and when i did first bank used their exchange rate to convert the balance which was almost the same with oanda that day .

If you met all the requirements then i seriously doubt that you will be refused purely for not printing out the oanda exchange rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by switima: 1:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hello everyone, I applied for student visa on d 10th of December. I got a reply stating that my application has been forwarded to the commission but till now my status has not changed. Getting really worried as my school resumes on 14th January. Is it normal? Is there any1 in my situation or is it because of the holiday that's why there is a delay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Skywalker5(m): 2:49pm On Jan 04, 2013
switima: Hello everyone, I applied for student visa on d 10th of December. I got a reply stating that my application has been forwarded to the commission but till now my status has not changed. Getting really worried as my school resumes on 14th January. Is it normal? Is there any1 in my situation or is it because of the holiday that's why there is a delay?

I got mine 4 days before my school resumed so you should be alright
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
justwise:

You don't need any affidavit, you include affidavit if there is discrepancies in your DoB.

Oanda print out is the exchange rate of the day you submitted your application.
Thank you oga justwise alongside all those who take out time to share knowledge on this forum for free.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2013
aeda: HNY Justwise ...just had a question ...is this oanda printout compulsory ?I have already submitted my application (24th dec) and when i did first bank used their exchange rate to convert the balance which was almost the same with oanda that day .

When i was goin to apply for my visa, i tot of the oanda print out, i almost went back 2 print it n attach 2my application bt my sch rep told me i cant knw d conversion rate more than the deciding officer dah it doesnt affect anything and truely truely I GOT MY VISA WITHOUT ADDING THE OANDA PRINTOUT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2013
switima: Hello everyone, I applied for student visa on d 10th of December. I got a reply stating that my application has been forwarded to the commission but till now my status has not changed. Getting really worried as my school resumes on 14th January. Is it normal? Is there any1 in my situation or is it because of the holiday that's why there is a delay?
My i got mine the day my school reg closed and still made it to register. Plus my visa took just 7 days to be approved.
Tip: if you have all the money, there is no need leavin it the account. You can pay your full fees plus living exp to the school. Then they'll refund your living exp to you when u get to uk. That makes your visa approval faster and less chance of being denied. Got this tip from the school when i wAnted to apply this time last yr and it took just 7 days for my visa to be approved. Many have been doing it like that and its workin. My couz who applied at the university of durham just got his visa using the same process. Took him 10 dAys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:18am On Jan 05, 2013
werlay:
My i got mine the day my school reg closed and still made it to register. Plus my visa took just 7 days to be approved.
Tip: if you have all the money, there is no need leavin it the account. You can pay your full fees[b] plus living exp to the school. Then they'll refund your living exp to you when u get to uk.[/b] That makes your visa approval faster and less chance of being denied. Got this tip from the school when i wAnted to apply this time last yr and it took just 7 days for my visa to be approved. Many have been doing it like that and its workin. My couz who applied at the university of durham just got his visa using the same process. Took him 10 dAys

That is not encouraged either its part of student visa rule, you don't pay your maintenance money worth 9000 or 7200 to your school account, i'm hearing this for the first time.

All you pay to the school is school fees and accommodation deposit, the maintenance money (9000 or 7200) stays in your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ImpactSystems: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2013
applied for student visa on the 14th of December.pls when can i start expecting a call up?How many days is the Christmas And new year break?I'm thinking it should be ready for 7th-11th January.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 7:45pm On Jan 06, 2013
ImpactSystems: applied for student visa on the 14th of December.pls when can i start expecting a call up?How many days is the Christmas And new year break?I'm thinking it should be ready for 7th-11th January.

Considering the previous holidays, I doubt if it's 15 working days yet. Just keeping tracking, hopefully, you should hear from them this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
I currently have 2 January PG offers but couldn't take them up on time due to my sponsor using the funds when I needed it most
Offer 1 [resumes on January 21st] has already offered to defer the course till September while the other [resumes 28th] is yet [probably didn't] to get back to me seeing I asked if late registration was possible& a refund of the monetary deposit for CAS issuance if my student visa application is rejected due to the short time remaining
Seeing some UK unis run short courses [3 months,6 months] ,is it possible to apply for such a course to run down the clock till September over there alongside getting my visa for the September PG entry so I need not come back to Nigeria again after the end of the short course but just hop over for my PG program?
I had really looked forward to January resumption and must confess I'm tired of residing in Nigeria for now and could really do with a change of scenery

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.