Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863657 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 10:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
My mind is made up on the documents I'm to use for my visa application:transcript n statement f result, waec,bank statement(dad's),birth certificate bearing our names, letter of spnsorship and cas statement.
Buh drez a clause:how do I apply for visa. Just went to d website and got more confused. What are the correct steps? Do I apply online,submit n print,den book appointment or what? Please justwise help a lone sister here.future don,dharkchild,honey86,don xavier,ikcbn,etc,I know all of u oo. Please help me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ms Dee: My mind is made up on the documents I'm to use for my visa application:transcript n statement f result, waec,bank statement(dad's),birth certificate bearing our names, letter of spnsorship and cas statement.
Buh drez a clause:how do I apply for visa. Just went to d website and got more confused. What are the correct steps? Do I apply online,submit n print,den book appointment or what? Please justwise help a lone sister here.future don,dharkchild,honey86,don xavier,ikcbn,etc,I know all of u oo. Please help me

Apply online, follow the steps in this link http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/applynow.aspx or search for Visa4UK.

When you submit online they will send you an email for next step to take. You will still need to print out a copy of the online form and sign it before taking it to submitted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MsDee(f): 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
justwise:

Apply online, follow the steps in this link http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/applynow.aspx or search for Visa4UK.

When you submit online they will send you an email for next step to take. You will still need to print out a copy of the online form and sign it before taking it to submitted.
Just wise thanks a lot,infact,if I get dis visa,I'll buy u COW! So all in all,online application must come first,right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogboguify: 6:55am On Jun 04, 2013
Good morning house,justwise please I would like you to help me on the documents I have to submit for a student visitor visa.I had my msc in the uk but still have pending exams to write in august.

In respect to the bank statement does the 28days fixed amount apply to me or do I have to get 6month bank statement from my family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:01am On Jun 04, 2013
ogboguify: Good morning house,justwise please I would like you to help me on the documents I have to submit for a student visitor visa.I had my msc in the uk but still have pending exams to write in august.

In respect to the bank statement does the 28days fixed amount apply to me or do I have to get 6month bank statement from my family.

This link will answer those questions, have a look at the left hand-side, click on those links

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2013
Ms Dee:
Just wise thanks a lot,infact,if I get dis visa,I'll buy u COW! So all in all,online application must come first,right?

Without submitting the online form first you will not be able to get appointment date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogboguify: 8:04am On Jun 04, 2013
justwise:

This link will answer those questions, have a look at the left hand-side, click on those links

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/

Thanks justwise but it doesn't explain much please I will like to know how many month bank statement he needs to have and how much I should put that he wants to give me.I am really sorry to bother you but I need your help.I do not have any bank statement of my own because I just came back and had to apply immediately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:16am On Jun 04, 2013
ogboguify:

Thanks justwise but it doesn't explain much please I will like to know how many month bank statement he needs to have and how much I should put that he wants to give me.I am really sorry to bother you but I need your help.I do not have any bank statement of my own because I just came back and had to apply immediately

Trust me if you took your time and go through these links i'm giving you...you will get more info than i can type here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/out-of-country/visitors.pdf scroll down to student visitor section of this link and see detailed explanation

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/student/requirements/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 04, 2013
Goodmorning justwise and co.. Please my cas letter said I can apply 3months to start date. My question is,can I apply by then end of this month?when actually are september intakes advisced to apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2013
nanie89: Goodmorning justwise and co.. Please my cas letter said I can apply 3months to start date. My question is,can I apply by then end of this month?when actually are september intakes advisced to apply?

You can apply this month if you want, next month will be rush-period when application takes longer to be processed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HZwriters: 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
spikes C:

Where's the school located (the campus where you would be studying).

If inner london: (1000 * 9months) + = 9,000
if outside: (800 * 9months) + = 7,200

Errmm... all na pounds o grin
thanks alot. the school is located in Dundee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by weezyana07(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
Justwise- tnx for the work out here, pls I need close advise to help in my visa application- I will by monday(10) lodge in money in my saving acc. that will cater for my full tuition and maintenance fee, and intend to pay my initial deposit to the sch after then. Should I start counting the 28 day from then or should I after paying the money? Now the online application should b done say on 29day after the 28days of wait? When should I send the paper application? And one more pls house, my hair is big now compare to last year I did my passport should I cut it off or will it be ok? Pls sorry if I ask too much just want to no so I don't make mistake during my application tnx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fludu: 12:53am On Jun 11, 2013
weezyana07: Justwise- tnx for the work out here, pls I need close advise to help in my visa application- I will by monday(10) lodge in money in my saving acc. that will cater for my full tuition and maintenance fee, and intend to pay my initial deposit to the sch after then. Should I start counting the 28 day from then or should I after paying the money? Now the online application should b done say on 29day after the 28days of wait? When should I send the paper application? And one more pls house, my hair is big now compare to last year I did my passport should I cut it off or will it be ok? Pls sorry if I ask too much just want to no so I don't make mistake during my application tnx

Justwise, i appreciate the support you been giving to prospective students.

This should help with your query

How much money do I need to show?

The money that you need to show is made up of 2 parts; your tuition fee and your living costs.

You will need to show your whole tuition fee for 1 year or the remainder of the fee (the debt to the University) if you have paid part of it. If you have paid your fee in full, no money needs to be shown for the tuition fee.

In addition to the fee, you must be able to show you have money for living costs. The UK Border Agency state that a person must have £800 per month for either 2 or 9 months. This means that you will need to show either £1600 (£800 x 2) or £7200 (£800 x 9) to cover living expenses.

The total amount (tuition fee plus living costs) must have been available to you for 28 days. The balance in your bank account must never fall below the required amount during the whole 28 day period. If it is below the required amount, your application will be refused. The last transaction date (on the bank statement) of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application. (In summary apply after 28 days you need your bank statement to reflect both your tuition fee and living cost before you apply and don't delay applying for another 28 days as well)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fludu: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2013
barnabasj: Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.

Congrats on your admission.

Here is some information about self funding ( when you pay for yourself)
Self-funding means that you have provided the money yourself, or a member of your family has provided it.
If you are self-funded the money must be held in either your account or your parent's account. It cannot be held in anyone else's name, be it either a relative or friend.

Alternatively you can get sponsorship letter from a government body or scholarship agency wheter for tuition fees only or both fees and living cost so if father friends supporting has to have a company which can offer scholarship via a set up scheme otherwise get funds transferred to either your account or parents account. I hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:39am On Jun 11, 2013
weezyana07: Justwise- tnx for the work out here, pls I need close advise to help in my visa application- I will by monday(10) lodge in money in my saving acc. that will cater for my full tuition and maintenance fee, and intend to pay my initial deposit to the sch after then. Should I start counting the 28 day from then or should I after paying the money? Now the online application should b done say on 29day after the 28days of wait? When should I send the paper application? And one more pls house, my hair is big now compare to last year I did my passport should I cut it off or will it be ok? Pls sorry if I ask too much just want to no so I don't make mistake during my application tnx

You need to start counting from the day you lodge the whole money and send your application after the money might have clocked 28days. There is no need having a hair cut, your biometric will be used to identify you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:41am On Jun 11, 2013
barnabasj: Please I have already gain admission to the University in the UK for Master Degree Program and I planning to pay £4,500 from the £10,500 of the Tuition fee with the directive/speculative deposit by the University. Please I want to use one of my father friends accounts as my sponsor, Please kindly enlighten me if this will meet the requirements for the funds/sponsor accounts and what do i need along with the statement of accounts.

Thank you.

In addition to fludu reply, the answer is no, your father's friend can not sponsor you, only your father or mother can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2013
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by delicious1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please what's the latest on TB testing for Nigeria,I am hearing one has to submit a certificate as part of the visa application process.
What are the approved IOM centers -if any, and how much does it cost. Anyone know? Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikeogams: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please fellow nairalanders, ignore the post above. It was out of error.

Please Justwise and everyone, I would like to know if it's best to shop for basic things like clothings and other accessories here in Nigeria before travelling to UK as a student or is it cheaper to shop over there. Which is cost effective?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
ikeogams: Please fellow nairalanders, ignore the post above. It was out of error.

Please Justwise and everyone, I would like to know if it's best to shop for basic things like clothings and other accessories here in Nigeria before travelling to UK as a student or is it cheaper to shop over there. Which is cost effective?

Thank you.

Very cheaper but buy the most important things cos of weight
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ikeogams: 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
spikes C:

Very cheaper but buy the most important things cos of weight

Spike you mean it's cheaper to buy here in Nigeria than over there in UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
Oga Justwise and my other friends on this thread, I hail o. I have read this thread from page 1 to the last page but I have just only ''TWO'' question to ask. Here are the questions below:

1. I want to go for a short course in September and it will run for just 6-weeks but I will have classes just Thursdays and in the evening....meaning.....1-day a week.

2. The course fee is too cheap...just £170.

So, my question now is, since I will have classes just 1-day a week for 6-weeks and since the course fee is so cheap, can this serve as a visa refusal?

Please help ooooo before I proceed...thank you all!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
NaijaIhail: Oga Justwise and my other friends on this thread, I hail o. I have read this thread from page 1 to the last page but I have just only ''TWO'' question to ask. Here are the questions below:

1. I want to go for a short course in September and it will run for just 6-weeks but I will have classes just Thursdays and in the evening....meaning.....1-day a week.

2. The course fee is too cheap...just £170.

So, my question now is, since I will have classes just 1-day a week for 6-weeks and since the course fee is so cheap, can this serve as a visa refusal?

Please help ooooo before I proceed...thank you all!

Are sure that the school is licensed to admit foreign students and the fee is actually for oversea student or home student? The fee and the course time table raise some questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
justwise:

Are sure that the school is licensed to admit foreign students and the fee is actually for oversea student or home student? The fee and the course time table raise some questions.

Haaa... You have a very good point here because I didn't really know! You're damn wonderful. I will check and get back to you. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
ikeogams:

Spike you mean it's cheaper to buy here in Nigeria than over there in UK?
Yes, it's cheaper to buy here in Nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotcomnamename: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
justwise:

Justwise, could u pls help out with the bellow issue. Thanks

As Vicjustice advised, my friend's cannot use his dad's company as sponsor because his dad's business is not registered and have never pay tax on it.

What do you think about this:

His course in Dublin is 1 year course Msc in International Business
He has paid the required Tuition €8,300... Paid in full
He has paid deposit of accommodation and accommodation letter has been received
He has done his medical insurance
He has even done police criminal clearance

But the problem now is the Sponsor issue...
Since Vicjustice said he can't use his dad's company as sponsor since the company is not registered because the Irish Embassy will conclude that his dad is tax cheat and it's a criminal offence.

Now, the issue is: His dad business income go straight to my friend's personal account and not his dad's account. So at present he has 2 Million Naira in his own personal account.

His dad has like 150k in his own personal account.
His brother has decided to give him his company's account and his company's registration certs etc., but the balance on his brother's company account is 400k.

His brother is also ready to give him his personal account too but the balance of the personal account is just 100k.

So this means he has 4 different account.

My question is: can he use both his brother and his dad as sponsor? because it was his brother that even gave him the accommodation deposit.

Pls is he good to submit with the 4 different Bank statement?

Do you think the Irish Embassy won't be expecting something like 10 Million or 20 Million Naira in his dad or brother's account? despite he has paid his Tuition in full and not owing the school anything?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Justwise, could u pls help out with the bellow issue. Thanks

As Vicjustice advised, my friend's cannot use his dad's company as sponsor because his dad's business is not registered and have never pay tax on it.

What do you think about this:

His course in Dublin is 1 year course Msc in International Business
He has paid the required Tuition €8,300... Paid in full
He has paid deposit of accommodation and accommodation letter has been received
He has done his medical insurance
He has even done police criminal clearance

But the problem now is the Sponsor issue...
Since Vicjustice said he can't use his dad's company as sponsor since the company is not registered because the Irish Embassy will conclude that his dad is tax cheat and it's a criminal offence.

Now, the issue is: His dad business income go straight to my friend's personal account and not his dad's account. So at present he has 2 Million Naira in his own personal account.

His dad has like 150k in his own personal account.
His brother has decided to give him his company's account and his company's registration certs etc., but the balance on his brother's company account is 400k.

His brother is also ready to give him his personal account too but the balance of the personal account is just 100k.

So this means he has 4 different account.

My question is: can he use both his brother and his dad as sponsor? because it was his brother that even gave him the accommodation deposit.

Pls is he good to submit with the 4 different Bank statement?

Do you think the Irish Embassy won't be expecting something like 10 Million or 20 Million Naira in his dad or brother's account? despite he has paid his Tuition in full and not owing the school anything?

don't know much about Irish student visa rules but if you can provide me an official link i will go through it and get back to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotcomnamename: 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
justwise:

don't know much about Irish student visa rules but if you can provide me an official link i will go through it and get back to you

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/I%20want%20to%20study%20a%20degree%20programme%20course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:43am On Jun 12, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/I%20want%20to%20study%20a%20degree%20programme%20course

I have read the rules and its pretty much a straight forward issue, can he show proof of 3,000 Euros in his account when he arrive in Ireland?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by NaijaIhail(m): 8:48am On Jun 12, 2013
@JUSTWISE I hail o!! Like your name, you are too wise... I have confirmed some info about the course and I can tell you that, it is not for international students so I cannot go for it.

On another development, I now search for a similar course and I found it but it 2-weeks "full time course" i.e. From Monday - Friday and from 10.00am - 6.00pm. The full course fee is £995.

So, my question is, is it possible to apply for just 2-weeks visa for a short course even if I pay my full tuition fee and accommodation fee?

Please, what are my chances of getting the visa?

Do you have any helping tips for me

Please, na your eyes I dey look oooooo**

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.