Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863654 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:43am On Jul 25, 2014
@justwise baba, spikesC pls i need you on this one too
am just trying to get some things done b4 time
i ve finished filling the on line form (www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
so ve been asked to confirm application
i hope dis dose not ve anything to do with submitting the form as i am not yet done with my 28days count
i just want to make sure all i ll be left with is booking and aking payment?
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
bidibudi:
passport
it is only written issuing Authority which is ASABA
so What do i write in place of issue

Place of issue is Asaba.

Issuing authority is Nigerian govt.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Day 17th. Nothing yet... This is not even funny anymore.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
sashacoleman: Day 17th. Nothing yet... This is not even funny anymore.

i think u should track ur application with d id u were given.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2014

Have you tried to contact them tho? How are you tracking it?... log into the teleperformance site to check...it just might be ready..

Please has anyone who applied at the VI center gotten their visa? Coz it seems like nobody has actually gone there for pick up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

Place of issue is Asaba.

Issuing authority is Nigerian govt.
thanks a lot am grateful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 12:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
I got a call from the british embasy Abuja asking me for a perticular document that was on my cas I described it to the lady. Dis morning I got a mail that the visa has been issued.Waiting for VAC to deliver my passport.

I submitted 14 july @ Ikeja and I got a response 24th July.

Thanks a lot to the boss in the house (Oga JustWise) You have helped a lot.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
smslive2: I did not use any agent, all i did was follow this thread and study the requirements to details and read everything in between the lines

Thanks. I understand perfectly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
beautyuche: I got a call from the british embasy Abuja asking me for a perticular document that was on my cas I described it to the lady. Dis morning I got a mail that the visa has been issued.Waiting for VAC to deliver my passport.

Thanks a lot to the boss in the house (Oga Just Wise) You have helped a lot.

congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
bidibudi: @justwise baba, spikesC pls i need you on this one too
am just trying to get some things done b4 time
i ve finished filling the on line form (www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk)
so ve been asked to confirm application
i hope dis dose not ve anything to do with submitting the form as i am not yet done with my 28days count
i just want to make sure all i ll be left with is booking and aking payment?
thanks

yes, you can confirm it if all the data is correct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2014

errrm, this is ur day 16.
Track the application online and check.
If status is not updated, call teleperformance and ask whether ur package has arrived.
If they cant disclose that information on the phone, go there yourself today and check.

They have been having issues with their notification system and they specifically told me that even if i didn't get notified, i should check with them exactly after 15 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
beautyuche: I got a call from the british embasy Abuja asking me for a perticular document that was on my cas I described it to the lady. Dis morning I got a mail that the visa has been issued.Waiting for VAC to deliver my passport.

Thanks a lot to the boss in the house (Oga JustWise) You have helped a lot.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
spikesC:
yes, you can confirm it if all the data is correct

I was there this morning, for 4 hours, nothing! ive tracked soteeyyyy, I don tire to track, i'm so tired. why did I not just apply from Ikeja sha?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
spikesC:
errrm, this is ur day 16.
Track the application online and check.
If status is not updated, call teleperformance and ask whether ur package has arrived.
If they cant disclose that information on the phone, go there yourself today and check.
They have been having issues with their notification system and they specifically told me that even if i didn't get notified, i should check with them exactly after 15 working days

I was there this morning, for 4 hours, nothing! ive tracked soteeyyyy, I don tire to track, i'm so tired. why did I not just apply from Ikeja sha?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by capsie18: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello house,
I was given a conditional offer at university of derby which required me to do the following:
To snd them an email to indicate if I have accepted the offer, which I did as soon as I saw their mail
To provide a reference to prove that the medium of instruction in my undergraduate level was English which I have also done.
To apply for an atas certificate which I have also done.
What I am waiting for is their feedback on the unconditional offer and details on how the tuition fees can be paid and other useful information. Please what can I do to hasten this process as we are in peak periods and time aint on my side. It makes me uncomfortable. Also who has any ideas on how to mke preparations on my accommodations off campus and how long an atas certificate is to be issued. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
plus teleperfomance does not have a contact number? do you have a number I can reach them on. I live on the island, so I was there everyday this week. They were four of us waiting today, all of us applied on the same 3rd of July and nothing. I don't knw what going on. I was supposed to travel tomorrow on a work trip, I had to cancel and change my flight ticket because of this people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
sassybee:

Have you tried to contact them tho? How are you tracking it?... log into the teleperformance site to check...it just might be ready..

Please has anyone who applied at the VI center gotten their visa? Coz it seems like nobody has actually gone there for pick up

I was there today, nothing yet. ive checked on their site, nothing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
sashacoleman:

sashacoleman: plus teleperfomance does not have a contact number? do you have a number I can reach them on. I live on the island, so I was there everyday this week. They were four of us waiting today, all of us applied on the same 3rd of July and nothing. I don't knw what going on. I was supposed to travel tomorrow on a work trip, I had to cancel and change my flight ticket because of this people.

Sorry for the disappointments. I applied there too just because it was closer to me, even though i knew Ikeja was faster.

I can't find their contact number on the website but they have a feedback form here: http://www.ge2ng.tpcontact.co.uk/feedback-complaints
But if they told you at the office that it has not gotten to them, then i see no reason for you to contact them again.

One other option, as you're really that anxious, you can contact the UKVI themselves.
They would tell you if your application is still being processed or otherwise.

Here's the Sheffield email address: VisaSheffield *at* homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

They also have a premium contact number, but their email response is quite fast

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thanks plenty jare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bato231: 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
@JUSTWISE and everyone,
Kindly give me the website, where i can get cheap rate of apartments and also book apartment online. Am traveling with my wife, what type of house do you advice? Studio room or a room in a 2bed flat. I need their rates around sheffield hallam university.

Any nairalander in sheffield hallam? kindly buzz me.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
bato231: @JUSTWISE and everyone,
Kindly give me the website, where i can get cheap rate of apartments and also book apartment online. Am traveling with my wife, what type of house do you advice? Studio room or a room in a 2bed flat. I need their rates around sheffield hallam university.

Any nairalander in sheffield hallam? kindly buzz me.

Thanks.

Your school will have list of private landlords, its safer. Contact your international office and ask for one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Theflint1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
A beg house, somebody shud please help me with the process of getting a registered mail with NIPOST and also I would appreciate an info as to d average length of time it takes to send a documents via NIPOST and are there reports of missing documents?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Theflint1: A beg house, somebody shud please help me with the process of getting a registered mail with NIPOST and also I would appreciate an info as to d average length of time it takes to send a documents via NIPOST and are there reports of missing documents?

What do you need it for?
Maybe, there would be better options
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Theflint1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
spikesC:

What do you need it for?
Maybe, there would be better options
I wanna send my admission documents to schools in d USA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
Theflint1: I wanna send my admission documents to schools in d USA

Wow, they require hard copies? are you sure? This is quite risky o

Well, i would advise you ask this question on the USA student VISA section.
They, who have done it, would confirm and recommend the best way they did.

Parcels get lost a lotta times at Nipost. Valuables also get stolen.
I would rather you use DHL or FedEx than Nipost. The cost is way worth it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Theflint1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
spikesC:

Wow, they require hard copies? are you sure? This is quite risky o

Well, i would advise you ask this question on the USA student VISA section.
They, who have done it, would confirm and recommend the best way they did.

Parcels get lost a lotta times at Nipost. Valuables also get stolen.
I would rather you use DHL or FedEx than Nipost. The cost is way worth it
Okay...tnks for d advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations!
Congrat all the best in your pursuit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 7:59am On Jul 26, 2014
milychocs:

At the end of the interview...(all those questions listed here, and yet my answers were halting, smh)
Right now, I have better answers than the ones I gave at the interview in my head
At the end, the guy asked if I heard and understood everything I was asked, I said yes

Anyway, fingers crossed, toes too...you guys pray for me
And thanks so much for your help, and for this thread

Hehehehe.. kinda same here... I had enough answers in my head before the interview but during the interview, I found myself shortening most of them than I had planned...it's just as if at that point, the long stories doesn't matter, just make a point... I'm also keeping my fingers crossed because if the interviewer wasn't satisfied with any of my answers, he would have asked further questions about a particular question or simply ask me to explain further...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kindebo: 4:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
hello house, am new here and i av an issue at hand. i booked for my tier visa appointment for tuesday 29th and paid online, with the venue at teleperformance V.I. unfortunately it falls on a public holiday, pls what do i do embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smslive2: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
kindebo: hello house, am new here and i av an issue at hand. i booked for my tier visa appointment for tuesday 29th and paid online, with the venue at teleperformance V.I. unfortunately it falls on a public holiday, pls what do i do embarassed

Go online and reschedule for Wednesday 30th. If you do that today, you might still get 30th available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
@justwise,
thanks for the candid advice you have been given over the years,God continue to bless and keep you.
i have a few questions i need clarifications on,i will be going for my Msc in january 2015 bit i already have my offer letter and will be pating fees soon.
1--i have my maintenance money already in my account since april 2014. will having money too long not be an issue
2-i have a US dollar domiciliary account with stanbic ibtc,will a domiciliary account be accepted.
3-how early can i have my Tb test done?will august be too early as i will be applying for visa october ending.

thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 9:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
Also change the venue to Ikeja, so that u dnt go thru wht we are going through now. Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.