Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864030 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by IntroVAT: 9:43am On Aug 27, 2014
justwise:

No there is no need for that.

Thanks a lot justwise.
But you didn't answer my question about "Additional Information"
I wanted to know what this section was for? Is it similar to the Canada one, where you get to explain to the visa officer about your trip and possibly explain gaps in your education and stuff like that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2014
justwise:

At least a week, if it comes out before that then great but you don't need to start panicking after few days.
Thanks for the info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Aug 27, 2014
IntroVAT:

Thanks a lot justwise.
But you didn't answer my question about "Additional Information"
I wanted to know what this section was for? Is it similar to the Canada one, where you get to explain to the visa officer about your trip and possibly explain gaps in your education and stuff like that?

No its not, you use it to explain anything that is not clear in your application...e.g mistake in your transcript, WAEC result, previous visa refusal, name mistake in any of your documents...etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2014
Thank God,thank u all justwise and everyone on this thread, I just got my approval email at 9am dis morning,its bin a long journey all glory to God.i submitted in ikeja on 19th got d approval email today 27th.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Aug 27, 2014
francistayo: Thank God,thank u all justwise and everyone on this thread, I just got my approval email at 9am dis morning,its bin a long journey all glory to God.i submitted in ikeja on 19th got d approval email today 27th.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 11:13am On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

I do not think that UK universities ask for attested certificates. Which country are you heading to?

Going to UK, LSC precisely. And it's part of the condition on my Admission letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 11:41am On Aug 27, 2014
Having recently received a decision on your application, UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Please click on the UK visas survey to give your feedback.

I got this message, should I take it as an error message, because I avnt been contacted that my visa don ready.
When i sent a msg to ukvi, they sed they are still processing, in 7th week!!!
Please wc do I believe?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 11:43am On Aug 27, 2014
francistayo: Thank God,thank u all justwise and everyone on this thread, I just got my approval email at 9am dis morning,its bin a long journey all glory to God.i submitted in ikeja on 19th got d approval email today 27th.

Jesus !!!! seriously. But wait o, what exactly is happening? I submitted way before u at Teleperfornance VI and I haven't even heard anything. Are they not submitting at the same embassy? I am really tired of this epileptic phantasmagoria of this Teleperfornance people. If they know they are not up to the task they shouldn't ve come at all, they should ve just stock their butt at ghana or SA. #bringbackmypassport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by nikito: 11:52am On Aug 27, 2014
Congratulations are u heading to gcu
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by nikito: 11:53am On Aug 27, 2014
Congratulations...Are u heading to gcu .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 11:55am On Aug 27, 2014
paradisewoods:

Jesus !!!! seriously. But wait o, what exactly is happening? I submitted way before u at Teleperfornance VI and I haven't even heard anything. Are they not submitting at the same embassy? I am really tired of this epileptic phantasmagoria of this Teleperfornance people. If they know they are not up to the task they shouldn't ve come at all, they should ve just stock their butt at ghana or SA. #bringbackmypassport

Lol... We are on the same boat bro. They already said minimum of 15 working days. If I had heard that before booking an appointment with them, I'm sure I wouldn't have selected them. Anyway, na to keep waiting till the the 15th working day before getting worried bro.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2014

nikito: Congratulations are u heading to gcu

francistayo, that's for you. I guess (s)he wanted to quote you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Pweety1: 12:00pm On Aug 27, 2014

I submitted mine on the 15th of August in Ikeja and i am still waiting for an email or sms from them.

I hope all is well. undecided cry

quick question, did anyone bother to check or track their status on UKVac website?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:42pm On Aug 27, 2014
bidibudi: @ justwis,spikeC I ve gotten to the waiting and praying stage I submitted my application yesterday and the interview went well enough
The question was straight forward and we laughed over issues on concentration away from home
1. Pls wen do I start tracking
2. I did mine in ikeja
3. And he soon should I expect

You can start tracking immediately
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
kemkem30:
Hi, I am a lecturer and I can say I am dedicated(and I know many other dedicated ones). However, my school (and Government) will rather build an event centre than equip the labs. So, funding and monitoring of the already established schools is the way forward.

During the old days, there were relatively no funding from the government.
The lecturers teach and discipline students with utmost sincerity.

Right now, what do most lecturers do?
They don't stick to time tables.
They don't complete their scheme of work.
They don't make sure the students learn what they actually came to learn before they're promoted.
They are too corrupt, asking students to pay before passing.
They are too deep into plagiarism, copying other peoples ebooks online and selling it as there textbooks.

My friend in computer engineering, final year, doesn't know shit because the lecturers doesn't know shit.
When you churn out illiterate ignorant graduates every year, they would replace you sometime later as lecturers and destroy the educational sector

So it is not about the facility, it is about a lecturer doing his job.

This discussion will be long, we can move it else where if you wish.
Do you know why i dropped out from school in Nigeria and transferred to the UK?
I took charge of my future... shikena

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
akinke: Having recently received a decision on your application, UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

I got this message, should I take it as an error message, because I avnt been contacted that my visa don ready.
Please wc do I believe?

Reply them via the survey and express your dis-satisfaction
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
akinke: Having recently received a decision on your application, UK Visas and Immigration would like to ask for your feedback in a short online survey. The aim of this survey is to find out how well we met your needs and how we can improve in the future.

Please wc do I believe?

It means your passport is ready..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 2:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hello house, please is there a number I can call to track my passport at ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
So I don't have tb!! I don't know why I was scared maybe because I have this nagging cough that refused to go away! The number of Nigerians way dey uk for school too plenty. Jesus christ if you combine that with the number going to US, Canada, Russia, Australia, Singapore and even China. Then you'll see why it's hear breaking.

SpikeC start a thread on the topic let's rob minds bro

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
mokholar:

It means your passport is ready..

Spikesc,is that true, does that mean the UKVI msg can be disregarded, when they say they are making further enquiries, since 11th July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
tomijnr:
I did my interview at abuja. I will recomend abuja because Its orgarnized and stress free. The questions I was been asked includes my date of birth, my school, why I chose the school, why I chose the course, why uk, what has the course got to do with my future aspirations, hope I understood the questions. All of my friends that applied at abuja has gotten theirs too. Mail your school on the update of your cas. I got my update under four hours. I wish you luck in your interview

@ tomijnr what date did you submit at abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2014

Congrats oh, i submitted on the 20th at abuja and no email yet oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 3:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Justwise, spikesc and the rest of the house.. I just tracked my application online and I saw "processed passport in transit to UK visa operation center'"

Plus what does it mean... I'm so scared. I submitted on the 14th of Aug in ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
Hello Justwise,

I'm searching for schools with January admissions and I came across Coventry University college. Is it a good one?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2014

Now that people that submitted on the 19th have gotten there approval email, GOD let it be my turn to share the good news here .AMEN!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amosiye: 3:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
I am so happy for all the good new in this house. I bless and tank baba God for u all and for all the expectants soon u will smile. . . " I tire for irish embassy oh " dublin ireland. . Ours is takin too long. I applied. @ ikeja since on the 4th of august up till now status hasn't changed. I was so worried, so wen I called the embassy @ abuja they said it takes like 4 to 6 weeks and skool resumes sep 22 . Well I am patient. Cos I know I will definitely hear good news in jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
GeneralShepherd: So I don't have tb!! I don't know why I was scared maybe because I have this nagging cough that refused to go away! The number of Nigerians way dey uk for school too plenty. Jesus christ if you combine that with the number going to US, Canada, Russia, Australia, Singapore and even China. Then you'll see why it's hear breaking.

SpikeC start a thread on the topic let's rob minds bro

The number of all the Nigerian students in the UK isnt up to the number of students in Unilag. Nothing heart breaking about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
spikesC:

During the old days, there were relatively no funding from the government.
The lecturers teach and discipline students with utmost sincerity.

Right now, what do most lecturers do?
They don't stick to time tables.
They don't complete their scheme of work.
They don't make sure the students learn what they actually came to learn before they're promoted.
They are too corrupt, asking students to pay before passing.
They are too deep into plagiarism, copying other peoples ebooks online and selling it as there textbooks.

My friend in computer engineering, final year, doesn't know shit because the lecturers doesn't know shit.
When you churn out illiterate ignorant graduates every year, they would replace you sometime later as lecturers and destroy the educational sector

So it is not about the facility, it is about a lecturer doing his job.

This discussion will be long, we can move it else where if you wish.
Do you know why i dropped out from school in Nigeria and transferred to the UK?
I took charge of my future... shikena
plagiarism is one too many issues in our country. And many students dont know charges attributed to it. Well, it is what I term 'functional illiteracy.' Thank God for his provision. Uk, I'm coming.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
ocheejemb:

The number of all the Nigerian students in the UK isnt up to the number of students in Unilag. Nothing heart breaking about it.

How do you know this?
Do you know how much we loose from our economy because of educational tourism

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
justwise:

You should have gone for Tier 4 sponsored student because you are going to be sponsored.

Tier 4 Scholarship student are for those on Chevening scholarship or Fellowship, Commonwealth scholarship etc

Thank you so much. I read it up on the ukvi website and I have successfully completed the application and book an appointment. Thank so much for the advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 5:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
pholareen1:

I'm afraid you filled the wrong one. It ought to be under tier 4 (sponsorship) (General). Maybe you should start another application. A suggestion though. But I think some other people Like the Great JustWise would be having more suggestions.

Thank you, you were right. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 5:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
pholareen1:

francistayo, that's for you. I guess (s)he wanted to quote you.
Yes I'm heading to Gcu.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.