Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863962 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbemmiey:

Wasnt with my tb test so couldnt do the appointment. I had to start a new application n pay again. Then ask for refund for the previous one ( they have not replied my mail tho)

How much is the fee precisely in naira and kobo. Please

Cc justwise cc spikeC
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
HudsonBanks: My good people you see patience pays! We didn't even have to wait till 31st to get the dates we want. Appointment dates now available for the two best Tier 4 appointment locations Ikeja and Abuja grin
broda pls choose wisely abuja na the way
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bambamzzzz: TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!! I got my approval email today that my visa has been issued,Thanks to everybody in the house for all the advice and everything may OD be with us all and to others that want to apply pls try your best to get abuja.
BIRMIGHAM CITY UNI!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

Wow! Congrats!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
broda pls choose wisely abuja na the way

Ah my bro you know say na me and you conclude on Abuja waka tey tey. Ikeja office is just 15mins drive away from me but even if I have to enter KEKE to Abuja I go enter the KEKE with Joy in my heart grin Abuja surely!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
tobee:

Wow! Congrats!
Thanks alot grin grin grin na me get today and more good news to come in this forum
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Ah my bro you know say na me and you conclude on Abuja waka tey tey. Ikeja office is just 15mins drive away from me but even if I have to enter KEKE to Abuja I go enter the KEKE with Joy in my heart grin Abuja surely!

LOL na the way,chai am so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
Thanks alot grin grin grin na me get today and more good news to come in this forum

But oh boy, u worry o. I think say Na me worry pass for this world , but I don see my Oga. How u go choose Abuja and still worry like say Na Teleperformance grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
tobee:

But oh boy, u worry o. I think say Na me worry pass for this world , but I don see my Oga. How u go choose Abuja and still worry like say Na Teleperformance grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bro i was refused before on august 4 thats why i was worried
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
HudsonBanks: My good people you see patience pays! We didn't even have to wait till 31st to get the dates we want. Appointment dates now available for the two best Tier 4 appointment locations Ikeja and Abuja grin

i guessed it was still gonna be available, but if i go talk am at dis peak time na automatic hot sit for me smiley.... noticed sumtn like dat at month end for US embassy before, guess they try to clear activities for the closing month and plan for the next
Some of us 28days sha still neva complete grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 2:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
mhoreh:

i guessed it was still gonna be available, but if i go talk am at dis peak time na automatic hot sit for me smiley.... noticed sumtn like dat at month end for US embassy before, guess they try to clear activities for the closing month and plan for the next

LoL!@ Automatic hot seat grin Na why I use pattern beg people for patience.

Spot on you get am! @bolded My 28days will be ready in exactly 6days so my mind don dey come down small small
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Cc justwise cc spikeC

Visa application? Paid abt 86k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Spot on you get am! @bolded My 28days will be ready in exactly 6days so my mind don dey come down small small

mine is in exactly 7days, you aint alone smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 2:52pm On Aug 29, 2014
hey guys quick question, I made a mistake and put £800 as living cost instead of £820 but the money in my acc is actually enough to cover the living cost. Do i cancel the application as i havent booked an appointment yet but i've signed the declaration form and how do i go about cancelling my application?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
royal34: hey guys quick question, I made a mistake and put £800 as living cost instead of £820 but the money in my acc is actually enough to cover the living cost. Do i cancel the application as i havent booked an appointment yet but i've signed the declaration form and how do i go about cancelling my application?.

Don't cancel, just make a note attach to your application correcting the mistake.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abode(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbemmiey:

I had same issue when I applied for my Tier 2 visa ,fee is $1,758, all I did was to go to Ikeja VAC and they told me that I would have to wait till 2pm before they wld attend to Previous appointment
U don't need to reapply.Go there and explain to them

Collected my Visa yesterday FYI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
HudsonBanks:

Tanks Hudson I don book for Tuesday 11:30pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
gbemmiey:

Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 4:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
abode:

I had same issue when I applied for my Tier 2 visa ,fee is $1,758, all I did was to go to Ikeja VAC and they told me that I would have to wait till 2pm before they wld attend to Previous appointment
U don't need to reapply.Go there and explain to them

Collected my Visa yesterday FYI

Yea i did go there after abt a week bt i was tld i hd to rebook b cus it was tier 4 n i had to do interview blah blah blah, they asked me to wait n they went to see their supervisor. Same story.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Perky89(m): 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
kingsilly:
Would book for tuesday too, same time cheesy cheesy
Maybe we might see.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
What exchange rate do they use to convert pounds to naira at the embassy? I want to know how much 12,980 pounds will amount to in Naira.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
mhoreh:

I guess you are right because even south africa high commission only collects 200 application in a week; after that they would reject any other application till the next week. I guess same thing applies here but on a monthly basis. Guess they have fully booked the appointments for August. I am counting days ooo. VFS Abuja gimme my visa o. olorun o ni ba ti yin je o

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 5:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Allenbaba: What exchange rate do they use to convert pounds to naira at the embassy? I want to know how much 12,980 pounds will amount to in Naira.

They use oanda rate. go to http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Allenbaba(m): 6:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
chivitech:

They use oanda rate. go to http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Okay. Thanks. Me I dey even use 290 o..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Chaze85:

Did u go to their office personally or u have ur passport send thru dhl/parcel?I'm worried cos my flight is on Wednesday and i thought its just 2working days in sending back passport
went there myself..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
tobee:

Wow! Congrats!
Congratulations, God has not given u the spirit of fear,wher u for get am cheesy,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2014

Very useful information
Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Frangbon: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Cc justwise cc spikeC

Paid on 28 Aug 2014 with a GT MasterCard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by flops: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello everyone.

I have been quietly following for a while now.

I submitted my application on the 21st of August at Ikeja and I received the approval email today.

I submitted the following

1. CAS
2. Statement of account. (I used 300 Naira as my conversion rate just to ensure)
3. Tranacript
4. Bsc certificate
5. TB test result
6. Personal sponsorship letter stating the total funds available in my account, my reason for studying the chosen course and plans for after graduation.

The TB test was a particularly funny experience because my mind played games with me while I was waiting for the result. I kept thinking about all the people with vicious coughs I had met in my lifetime and which of them could have been a carrier.

I arrived early at Ikeja and was actually allowed to go in an hour before my appointment.

For the interview, I was asked 8 questions.

1. Name, birthday and nationality
2. Title of course
3. Start date
4. Name of university
5. Reason for chosing university
6. Plans for after graduation
7. The effect of the course on plans after graduation
8. Reason for chosing the UK

It took about 6 minutes.

I was anxious about the outcome for 4 reasons
1. I had been refused a Canadian and US visa in the last one year
2. I had been refused a UK visa 9 years ago although I have since been issued the UK visa multiple times.
3. I am 29 and I have worked for my family company since graduation in 2009 in a different field.
4. I graduated with a third class and I chose a top up course in the UK.

At the end of the day, I got the email after 5 working days.

I am grateful to God. All the preparation and packaging and advice did not guarantee the visa, it was simply God.

This forum was immensely helpful. I read the last 100 pages while preparing and I got pointers on every page.

The day before I submitted, I saw the advise on the appendix 8 and I printed it out at the last minute.

I hope my sharing will help those who are planning and those waiting for responses.

Good work Justwise, SpikeC and Co.

You guys don't have no idea how many people you have helped.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
flops: Hello everyone.

I have been quietly following for a while now.

I submitted my application on the 21st of August at Ikeja and I received the approval email today.

I submitted the following

1. CAS
2. Statement of account. (I used 300 Naira as my conversion rate just to ensure)
3. Tranacript
4. Bsc certificate
5. TB test result
6. Personal sponsorship letter stating the total funds available in my account, my reason for studying the chosen course and plans for after graduation.

The TB test was a particularly funny experience because my mind played games with me while I was waiting for the result. I kept thinking about all the people with vicious coughs I had met in my lifetime and which of them could have been a carrier.

I arrived early at Ikeja and was actually allowed to go in an hour before my appointment.

For the interview, I was asked 8 questions.

1. Name, birthday and nationality
2. Title of course
3. Start date
4. Name of university
5. Reason for chosing university
6. Plans for after graduation
7. The effect of the course on plans after graduation
8. Reason for chosing the UK

It took about 6 minutes.

I was anxious about the outcome for 4 reasons
1. I had been refused a Canadian and US visa in the last one year
2. I had been refused a UK visa 9 years ago although I have since been issued the UK visa multiple times.
3. I am 29 and I have worked for my family company since graduation in 2009 in a different field.
4. I graduated with a third class and I chose a top up course in the UK.

At the end of the day, I got the email after 5 working days.

I am grateful to God. All the preparation and packaging and advice did not guarantee the visa, it was simply God.

This forum was immensely helpful. I read the last 100 pages while preparing and I got pointers on every page.

The day before I submitted, I saw the advise on the appendix 8 and I printed it out at the last minute.

I hope my sharing will help those who are planning and those waiting for responses.

Good work Justwise, SpikeC and Co.

You guys don't have no idea how many people you have helped.

Congrat bro....tanks for d info
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by profibadan: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
@Justwise thanks for all the wonderful works you and others are doing on this forum. Please I need your help. I got this message on Monday: "Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com" I waited for the sms from VFS Ikeja to no avail, hence I sent a message to UKVI to know the status of my passport ebcause I intend to visit Ikeja for my passport only to get this message:
"Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status ( and date of birth
) and found that your application has not yet been assessed by an
Entry Clearance Officer (ECO).

Please be aware that a lack of updates on the system is simply part of the
process as there can be a delay (of 2-3) days) due to the many steps and
stages involved.

Your visa application centre or the entry clearance officer (ECO) will
contact you once a decision has been made or, if necessary, during the
consideration of your application. Please contact the VAC for further
instruction.

Though we try our best to complete the visa application process in 15
working days, each application is subject to an individual assessment and
processing times may vary, hence applicants are requested to be patient and
wait for the processing to be completed. You can check how long you'll have
to wait for a decision on your visa application in your country (if you
applied from outside the UK) by entering your details at the following
link: https://www.gov.uk/visa-processing-times. Please note that the actual
processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.

We have service level standards for processing UK visa applications. We
will process 90% of non-settlement applications within 3 weeks, 98% within
6 weeks and 100% within 12 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date;
and 95% of settlement applications within 12 weeks of the biometric taken
date and 100% within 24 weeks of the application (biometric taken) date.
Please note that we define 1 week as 5 working days.

For any further details, or should you need to contact us again please
refer to our website at https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/, select
appropriate country, click next and then select 'E-Mail form' and complete
as instructed. We will aim to come back to you within 1 day.

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service"

Am confused here, who do I believe? The message from Abuja or the one from UKVI (the second message) And is it possible for one to get an approval message from Abuja and still be denied a visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
kingsilly:

Correct guy!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HudsonBanks(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Frangbon:

Very useful information
Thanks a lot

You welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.