Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864063 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please wc airline has the largest baggage allowance, regardless of price on economy ni ooo smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
akinke: Please wc airline has the largest baggage allowance, regardless of price on economy ni ooo smiley

Take it easy ooo....wat are u packing ni

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
akinke: Please wc airline has the largest baggage allowance, regardless of price on economy ni ooo smiley
Nigerians and their bags! shocked

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
worry359:

I TAYA
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
royal34: Hey guys, please i need your input. i booked my tb test for 8th and my visa appointment for 10th. The issue is that my 28th day falls on d 8th and since i stay outside lagos, i intend going to lagos on the 7th. my dad is suggesting that the bank sends me the bank statement via email and then ild print it out. is that going to be accepted?
Also he wants me to use two bank statements. one has the 5million + , untouched (ie no transaction has been carried out in d acc since i put in d money). The oda one he says is to show them how his money is coming in and going out though there is little or no money in it. is the second acc statement really neccessary?
Lastly, how much does the tb test cost and what is the mode of payment?

You should print the statement from the bank location because you need it to be stamped and signed.
The first bank statement is enough.
Someone submitted 2 and was denied...so weird right?

TB test is around 29k.
Mode of payment is either online/offline transfer or bank deposit. You must bring a teller/receipt while coming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Finished 9years ago and have been working ever since up till date. Submitted all employment history letters and certificate to support my claim.
Got admission with Brunel Uni.

I am sorry about this
sad

Ask your school for an extension and hope for the best as you reapply...
Our prayers are with you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Finished 9years ago and have been working ever since up till date. Submitted all employment history letters and certificate to support my claim.
Got admission with Brunel Uni.

Okay.
Just like Oga Justwise said, I sincerely doubt your reason of refusal was all there is to it. I am placing a bet on the gap of 9 years causing the initial "hole" that made them call for a 2nd interview.

Have you been working in either IT/computing for the 9-year period?
Also, when is your latest course start date and have you sent your refusal letter to your School's Admission Office?

Update: I have just read your replies to others who comments on your post. Tour school will prefer AR because they don't like it when their prospective students get denied visa. Make sure that your school contacts UKVI in support of your AR as it may make it faster. I hope it works out perfectly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
I too have a big gap between when I got my first degree and now
And I did not even provide proof of employment

Spoilt my mood, this refusal
Okay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
spikesC:

You should print the statement from the bank location because you need it to be stamped and signed.

TB test is around 29k.
Mode of payment is either online/offline transfer or bank deposit. You must bring a teller/receipt while coming
TB test actually 21,040k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
royal34: Hey guys, please i need your input. i booked my tb test for 8th and my visa appointment for 10th. The issue is that my 28th day falls on d 8th and since i stay outside lagos, i intend going to lagos on the 7th. my dad is suggesting that the bank sends me the bank statement via email and then ild print it out. is that going to be accepted?
Also he wants me to use two bank statements. one has the 5million + , untouched (ie no transaction has been carried out in d acc since i put in d money). The oda one he says is to show them how his money is coming in and going out though there is little or no money in it. is the second acc statement really neccessary?
Lastly, how much does the tb test cost and what is the mode of payment?

Tb test is 21,040. Either u pay at the citi bank or use bank transfer. It is better you pay physically at the bank because sometimes it takes time for it to reflect kn their account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lol for all the garri, egusi, ground pepper, maggi chicken and crayfish cubes, dried fish, agbo iba and jedi jedi

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
DonOms:

Okay.
Just like Oga Justwise said, I sincerely doubt your reason of refusal was all there is to it. I am placing a bet on the gap of 9 years causing the initial "hole" that made them call for a 2nd interview.

Have you been working in either IT/computing for the 9-year period?
Also, when is your latest course start date and have you sent your refusal letter to your School's Admission Office?

Update: I have just read your replies to others who comments on your post. Tour school will prefer AR because they don't like it when their prospective students get denied visa. Make sure that your school contacts UKVI in support of your AR as it may make it faster. I hope it works out perfectly.

Hopefully! All works out and if not, oh well..... and yes I did work as an IT assistant for 6 years before my present job... letters and employment letters to this was attached to my app but still ........................
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 8:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
milychocs: I too have a big gap between when I got my first degree and now
And I did not even provide proof of employment

Spoilt my mood, this refusal
Okay

Guess luck wasn't just on my side...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by myfuture: 8:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please people,the address of the first University I chose for my programme is written on my TB Screening medical certificate as my address in the UK but now I have chosen another school and I will enter the address of this university on my visa application form as my address in the UK.Will this affect my visa application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Itstyme:

Hopefully! All works out and if not, oh well..... and yes I did work as an IT assistant for 6 years before my present job... letters and employment letters to this was attached to my app but still ........................

See if your school runs Jan admission then go for that but if you can get another CAS within the short period and an extension then you can reapply next week.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
kingsilly:

Take it easy ooo....wat are u packing ni
lol ebola dey town. Food for glasgow ni

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 9:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
spikesC:

TB test is around 29k.

thanks but can i have the bank details?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2014

Lol... My dear except you have relatives you'll be living with upon arrival, try to travel as light as possible. Well, I booked KLM and I'm allowed 2pcs of check in luggage(23kg each) and 1pc of hand luggage and 1pc of accessory(i.e a 10kg bag and another 2kg bag which can still be 1PC of hand luggage but shouldn't exceed 12kg in total)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
gbemmiey:

Tb test is 21,040. Either u pay at the citi bank or use bank transfer. It is better you pay physically at the bank because sometimes it takes time for it to reflect kn their account.

kk thanks but whats citi bank? and can i have the bank details? i didnt even know i was supposed to pay beforegoing thought ild pay when i get there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
mokholar: Good day everyone,

I just got my VISA today... grin

I submitted on the 14th of august at ikeja...

I used the following documents;

1. CAS
2. Waec cert
3. Degree
4. Tb cert
5. Letter of sponsorship
6. Bank statement (fixed deposit cert)

Yes I used a fixed account. My agent UKEAS told me I could despite what people said. I was sceptical at first then I decided to do a little research.

I have said it earlier in this forum that fixed account is a cash fund and not a bond. This is becos unlike bonds, u can terminate it at anytime.

I went online and checked/read all the rules of UK visa permits and I found out that fixed account is actually allowed on the condition that u get a recommendation letter from the bank stating that you can terminate it at any time.

Bank mostly will not give u this be cos most fixed account investment certificate already states this and also when they are called to confirm your account, they will inform the embassy. Besides, the embassy already knows that u can terminate it at anytime.

The reason for saying this is to enlighten people. If u have a doubt about something or u are not clear one something, go online and check it. Don't rely on people words alone..

Thank you.

thanks for this info. ild combine a fixed deposit cert with my dad's current acc bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
1. CAS
2. Waec cert
3. Degree
4. Tb cert
5. Letter of sponsorship
Yes I used a fixed account. My agent UKEAS told me I could despite what people said. I was sceptical at first then I decided to do a little research.
I have said it earlier in this forum that fixed account is a cash fund and not a bond. This is becos unlike bonds, u can terminate it at anytime.
I went online and checked/read all the rules of UK visa permits and I found out that fixed account is actually allowed on the condition that u get a recommendation letter from the bank stating that you can terminate it at any time.
Bank mostly will not give u this be cos most fixed account investment certificate already states this and also when they are called to confirm your account, they will inform the embassy. Besides, the embassy already knows that u can terminate it at anytime.
The reason for saying this is to enlighten people. If u have a doubt about something or u are not clear one something, go online and check it. Don't rely on people words alone..
Thank you.

1. CAS
2. Waec cert
3. Degree
4. Tb cert
5. Letter of sponsorship

Thank you.

Tnx for the info but what do u mean by letter of sponsorship?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 9:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
gbemmiey:
Lol for all the garri, egusi, ground pepper, maggi chicken and crayfish cubes, dried fish, agbo iba and jedi jedi

U gerrit! smiley wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ganiyat95: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hello, must i fill the assessment form and vaf9 form? or just one of them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 10:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Emmagency:

Lol... My dear except you have relatives you'll be living with upon arrival, try to travel as light as possible. Well, I booked KLM and I'm allowed 2pcs of check in luggage(23kg each) and 1pc of hand luggage and 1pc of accessory(i.e a 10kg bag and another 2kg bag which can still be 1PC of hand luggage but shouldn't exceed 12kg in total)

Thanks alot!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akinke: 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
worry359:

Wen did that bcome an Illicit matter? Taaa
Ur name fits indeed, worry not my brother smiley wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
royal34:

kk thanks but whats citi bank? and can i have the bank details? i didnt even know i was supposed to pay beforegoing thought ild pay when i get there.

Account name...International Organisation for Migration
Account number.... 01307 44008
Citi Bank
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Olisedinma:

Tnx for the info but what do u mean by letter of sponsorship?

It's a letter from my sponsor (whose bank account statement I'm using) stating that they are going to be responsible for my fees.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royal34: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
milychocs:

Account name...International Organisation for Migration
Account number.... 01307 44008
Citi Bank

gracias!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olisedinma: 10:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
mokholar:

It's a letter from my sponsor (whose bank account statement I'm using) stating that they are going to be responsible for my fees.

Ok. Since am sponsoring myself, do I need to write a letter stating that fact?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
royal34:

gracias!

De nada
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 10:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
paradisewoods:

Okay let's see how it goes . All the best
To God b the Glory collected my package today around 3 pm, passport stamped,all original documents intact.the yeye sms I was expecting came in hrs lata wen I don forget sey I collect am asking mi to go pick my package grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by francistayo: 11:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
paradisewoods:

cc Frankcitayo
I was at ikeja vfs not teleperformance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.