Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863885 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
francistayo: To God b the Glory collected my package today around 3 pm, passport stamped,all original documents intact.the yeye sms I was expecting came in hrs lata wen I don forget sey I collect am asking mi to go pick my package grin
Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
myfuture: Please people,the address of the first University I chose for my programme is written on my TB Screening medical certificate as my address in the UK but now I have chosen another school and I will enter the address of this university on my visa application form as my address in the UK.Will this affect my visa application?

I doubt that will affect your application. But to feel safer, you might choose to point it out in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
huh! The online form replace all that. I dont think you need any of those

Ganiyat95: Hello, must i fill the assessment form and vaf9 form? or just one of them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 11:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
No it will not. they dont expect you to have another TB done cox you change school. so be calm and apply as normal. the Tb Test is strictly to show if you have Tuberculosis nothing more, I guess.
myfuture: Please people,the address of the first University I chose for my programme is written on my TB Screening medical certificate as my address in the UK but now I have chosen another school and I will enter the address of this university on my visa application form as my address in the UK.Will this affect my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 12:07am On Sep 02, 2014
DonOms:

App 8: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/261462/vaf9-app81.pdf

Yes, contact them first thing on Monday and let them include the details of your latest start date on your CAS.

Yes, I implied that it is risky to apply using 14th as start date. The truth is you can't get appointment date on Monday, so assuming you get on Wednesday (3rd Sept), you'll have only 7 working days before school resumes. It is highly risky without extension for your resumption date.
@ donoms pls how about my own case I requested for an extension from my school they told me dey can't give to me an extention letter rather dey told me that I have till October 1st for late resumption and I would pay 40 quid for late enrollment
I already had my interview and ve submitted my application on the 26th August
And school resumes 8th of sept for induction
Class resumes 15th sept
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 12:52am On Sep 02, 2014
francistayo: To God b the Glory collected my package today around 3 pm, passport stamped,all original documents intact.the yeye sms I was expecting came in hrs lata wen I don forget sey I collect am asking mi to go pick my package grin
Congrat @ feancistayo at least ur liver go dey where it suppose. Which u all the best
Na we remain still counting day 4
If God be for us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:24am On Sep 02, 2014

@ francistayo congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2014
royal34:

thanks for this info. ild combine a fixed deposit cert with my dad's current acc bank statement.

I'm not sure u can combine both oo.. I used just the certificate alone. Pls do ur own research to confirm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 7:01am On Sep 02, 2014
Olisedinma:

Ok. Since am sponsoring myself, do I need to write a letter stating that fact?

No u don't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 7:42am On Sep 02, 2014
sashacoleman:

Hi, I had the same problem that you had, when I wrote to them and even called their paid for service, I was told that they could not find records of my application. Eventually they sent me a mail telling me that they misplaced my documents and that I should go and get a new passport and that I will be compensated, this was after almost two months. If not for God Almighty, I don't know what would have happened. They eventually found the misplaced documents. Apparently the courier company that teleperformance uses lost on of their bag, teleperformance did not flag it and Sheffield had no record of it becos it never got there.
You need to go there and harass them, you have to keep writing to them, call them, have your school call them. Make noise o. I had to escalated their matter to the UK High Commission before they discovered that there was a missing bag. Don't relax o and pray. Pray and pray. Best of Luck. God bless.

Was it teleperformance you used? And how many working days has it been?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2014
msRager:

Was it teleperformance you used? And how many working days has it been?

Yeah, he used Teleperformance, I read his testimony here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Every time i see the word teleperformance i just sigh. embarassed day 6.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2014
Good Morning all,

Please who is going to teleperformance today o !! I don tire angry sad angry sad cry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2014
Anyone heading to Teleperformance today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2014

Congrats, all the best cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 8:43am On Sep 02, 2014
paradisewoods: Anyone heading to Teleperformance today?

Guess ur 15 days is over. @ibadangirl1how long have you been waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 8:55am On Sep 02, 2014
gbemmiey:

Them no send me mail o. Tracking system haphazard
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 8:56am On Sep 02, 2014
A month and 3 days ooo!!! cry cry cry cry
gbemmiey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:58am On Sep 02, 2014
bidibudi:
@ donoms pls how about my own case I requested for an extension from my school they told me dey can't give to me an extention letter rather dey told me that I have till October 1st for late resumption and I would pay 40 quid for late enrollment
I already had my interview and ve submitted my application on the 26th August
And school resumes 8th of sept for induction
Class resumes 15th sept

More often than not, it's not the letter you need but a note in your CAS. What you should have asked is if it is pointed out in your CAS.
You have 13 working days before the 15th Sept., so that is still fine. Your chances of denial due to late submission is very slim. Just remain calm and expect your visa. Where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:06am On Sep 02, 2014
Ganiyat95: Hello, must i fill the assessment form and vaf9 form? or just one of them?

VAF9 is the same thing as the Online Application please. The paper VAF9 is only used in some few countries and Nigeria is not included. You Must fill and Submit an Online Visa Application Form (VAF).

As for the Appendix 8, a few people have mentioned their VACs not asking while some say their VAC asked. So in my own opinion, to save money, time and avoid unsettledness, FILL one and go with it to tour VAC.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibadangirl1: A month and 3 days ooo!!! cry cry cry cry

Have you gone to teleperformance to check
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:10am On Sep 02, 2014
paradisewoods:

Them no send me mail o. Tracking system haphazard

That tracking system is BS, mine keeps shuffling between appointment and transferred to UKVI

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2014
I have been there twice. Might go there again today. nonsense angry

Wish I had someone to go with me. cos I don't know how to shout .

angry
gbemmiey:

Have you gone to teleperformance to check
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibadangirl1: I have been there twice. Might go there again today. nonsense angry

Wish I had someone to go with me. cos I don't know how to shout .

angry

Pele. Most times i can't even login to track my account, keeps saying invalid email address.
Try going there today. When is your school resuming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 9:32am On Sep 02, 2014
29T of September. But I want to go way before then cos I have a lot to sort out.
When is Yours resuming ?

gbemmiey:

Pele. Most times i can't even login to track my account, keeps saying invalid email address.
Try going there today. When is your school resuming
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibadangirl1: 29T of September. But I want to go way before then cos I have a lot to sort out.
When is Yours resuming ?

15th of September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2014
For all the teleperformance peeps, I know someone that submitted on the 31st there and got theirs yesterdays. So I think it would be a good idea to check with them this week. *fingers crossed*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 10:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibadangirl1: For all the teleperformance peeps, I know someone that submitted on the 31st there and got theirs yesterdays. So I think it would be a good idea to check with them this week. *fingers crossed*

Did the person receive a mail? or he/she just went there to check if it was ready. Didn't submit on 31st though, asking for a friend that submitted 1st of august.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ibadangirl1: 10:55am On Sep 02, 2014
She did receive a mail though. I submitted on the 31st of july also, but I didn't receive any mail.

sad
pholareen1:

Did the person receive a mail? or he/she just went there to check if it was ready. Didn't submit on 31st though, asking for a friend that submitted 1st of august.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2014
Ibadangirl1: She did receive a mail though. I submitted on the 31st of july also, but I didn't receive any mail.

sad

Have you considered checking your junk/spam? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spykid014(f): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2014
So after 26 working days, asides the 2 public holidays, my visa is finally out.

Got no mail or sms, just decided to got to teleperformance today, as I had booked my flight for this weekend.

Visa had been granted since 11th of August sef @ Sheffield.

I would advise everyone who used teleperformance and have waited like 15-20working days to go check today.

#HappyMe!!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2014
spykid014: So after 26 working days, asides the 2 public holidays, my visa is finally out.

Got no mail or sms, just decided to got to teleperformance today, as I had booked my flight for this weekend.

Visa had been granted since 11th of August sef @ Sheffield.

I would advise everyone who used teleperformance and have waited like 15-20working days to go check today.

#HappyMe!!! smiley

Congrats ma'am. So it means your document has been with them since the 11th of August?

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.