Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863588 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2014
@jamela @Alizenbohr

You guys plan to storm VFS office today? Please help me with the new address of VFS in Lagos too.

We must collect our documents today ooo. #byfaith
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08: @jamela @Alizenbohr

You guys plan to storm VFS office today? Please help me with the new address of VFS in Lagos too.

We must collect our documents today ooo. #byfaith
5&6 floor, etiebet's place, mobolaji bank anthony way, ikeja. Adjacent to eko hosp
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 8:59am On Oct 02, 2014
mosiate:
5&6 floor, etiebet's place, mobolaji bank anthony way, ikeja. Adjacent to eko hosp

Thanks.

Will you be going there today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08:

Thanks.

Will you be going there today?

No was there, monday and tuesday. Waiting to hear from peeps that will be there today. Wen did u receive d mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
I received the mail on Monday. I don't have much time to spare. This public holiday is messing up things seriously. I hope they will move my documents with you guys.

I can't just get what VFS is up to. It takes four working days for documents to be moved to embassy and make a decision (Excellent) and another four working days just to return the documents to their office (Pathetic).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08: I received the mail on Monday. I don't have much time to spare. This public holiday is messing up things seriously. I hope they will move my documents with you guys.

I can't just get what VFS is up to. It takes four working days for documents to be moved to embassy and make a decision (Excellent) and another four working days just to return the documents to their office (Pathetic).

Will be going there today but maybe around 12 - 1 pm.

Anyone going earlier can also drop the outcome here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2014
alizenbohr:

Will be going there today but maybe around 12 - 1 pm.

Anyone going earlier can also drop the outcome here.

I should be there around that time too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 11:34am On Oct 02, 2014
Hi everyone, good afternoon. Please I am new to this thread but want to say it helped me immensely in my UK student visa application last week. Thanks everyone.

Please I want to ask if there's anyone that applied last week Thursday, 25th of September at VFS Ikeja that has heard anything at all from the BHC or VFS. My school has resumed already and I'm so worried cos I don't even have a decision on my visa application yet talk less of collecting the passport. Please anyone with useful information should let me know. Thanks a lot.

Tried contacting BHC Abuja today at 10:41am and the prompter kept saying their opening hours are between 10am to 12 noon and there's no one to speak to me. This is kind of confusing considering I called during their opening hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela: Hello, my sister is applying from Nigeria to abt 3 schools in Uk for Msc and has been asked to forward her transcript. Now her Nigerian school wouldn't give her the main copy, they can only send it to her intended school, but she has a student copy of the one she had her school send to another Nigerian university earlier this year. Can she scan the student copy to the uk schools? Can she apply for ukba visa with the student copy?
Pls help.

It solely depends on the school accepting it.
Universities are not supposed to give that main copy to students.

If the copy she has is not directed to a particular school, then you can try that. They will only reject and ask you to get the main copy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Anyone at ikeja yet?, wat's happening there biko?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
AdanneNwachukw: Hi everyone, good afternoon. Please I am new to this thread but want to say it helped me immensely in my UK student visa application last week. Thanks everyone.

Please I want to ask if there's anyone that applied last week Thursday, 25th of September at VFS Ikeja that has heard anything at all from the BHC or VFS. My school has resumed already and I'm so worried cos I don't even have a decision on my visa application yet talk less of collecting the passport. Please anyone with useful information should let me know. Thanks a lot.

Tried contacting BHC Abuja today at 10:41am and the prompter kept saying their opening hours are between 10am to 12 noon and there's no one to speak to me. This is kind of confusing considering I called during their opening hours.
Hi all, been flying low following this thread and so far I have learnt a lot. Kudos to all contributors.
@Ada, I applied last Thursday too. Apart from a text message to say my application has been sent to deputy high commission, I haven't received any mail.
My school has resumed too, my latest start date is Oct13, but all these public holidays are just annoying.
Am at work (I haven't resigned yet) but I can't concentrate. if I don't receive any mail today, I will turn myself to 'osomalo' @ vfs office tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
spikesC:

It solely depends on the school accepting it.
Universities are not supposed to give that main copy to students.

If the copy she has is not directed to a particular school, then you can try that. They will only reject and ask you to get the main copy

Do you know of anyone who applied for a visa with student copy transcript and was issued visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
smakati:
Hi all, been flying low following this thread and so far I have learnt a lot. Kudos to all contributors.
@Ada, I applied last Thursday too. Apart from a text message to say my application has been sent to deputy high commission, I haven't received any mail.
My school has resumed too, my latest start date is Oct13, but all these public holidays are just annoying.
Am at work (I haven't resigned yet) but I can't concentrate. if I don't receive any mail today, I will turn myself to 'osomalo' @ vfs office tomorrow.

Hi Smakati, I know how you feel sad it's so sad. I really pray they contact us today. Don't know what else to do but pray especially since it doesn't seem like there's anyone to contact about this. How come you got a text message though? Didn't get any. Asked them that day if I could pay the 400 naira for their text message alert but they said they don't do it anymore. Also, the Deputy High Commission is the one in Lagos but I thought all student visas were processed in Abuja?

I really pray they contact us today by God's grace, let us not lose hope. Was hoping mine would take 3 working days like someone's own on this thread sad but that would have been Tuesday. Still praying we will be contacted today. Resigned from work on Monday. Has to just resign, couldn't concentrate anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogompaul(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
I tracked my visa application now n they said that decision v been made n it been transferred to the point of application. please does dat mean I've been given visa please I need urgent reply *feeling nervous* Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
ogompaul: I tracked my visa application now n they said that decision v been made n it been transferred to the point of application. please does dat mean I've been given visa please I need urgent reply *feeling nervous* Thanks.
Hi, pls where did you get that info, was it via email or from the vfs tracking website? Mine still says forwarded to BHC. Same as it was on date of application on vfs tracking page. But I got an email that visa has been approved last week. Did u receive this email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
ogompaul: I tracked my visa application now n they said that decision v been made n it been transferred to the point of application. please does dat mean I've been given visa please I need urgent reply *feeling nervous* Thanks.

Where and when did u apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
AdanneNwachukw:

Hi Smakati, I know how you feel sad it's so sad. I really pray they contact us today. Don't know what else to do but pray especially since it doesn't seem like there's anyone to contact about this. How come you got a text message though? Didn't get any. Asked them that day if I could pay the 400 naira for their text message alert but they said they don't do it anymore. Also, the Deputy High Commission is the one in Lagos but I thought all student visas were processed in Abuja?

I really pray they contact us today by God's grace, let us not lose hope. Was hoping mine would take 3 working days like someone's own on this thread sad but that would have been Tuesday. Still praying we will be contacted today. Resigned from work on Monday. Has to just resign, couldn't concentrate anyway.
I did not pay for SMS, I guess the lady at the counter made a mistake cos I was receipted for it. I was hoping for a three day thingy too. Let's see how today goes. May God help us.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jaydenehis: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hi all,
Pleaseee now that VFS abuja has closed up to uk applications,where do people like my younger brother who applied thru themm get their visa packages from?he received a mail stating that the visa has been approved and after going to Vfs and teleperformance wthout luck,he is getting frustrated. Please help!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:

Do you know of anyone who applied for a visa with student copy transcript and was issued visa?

Nope, but it's at the discretion of the school to accept the document not the ECO.
The school tells the ECO which document you're to submit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
spikesC:

Nope, but it's at the discretion of the school to accept the document not the ECO.
The school tells the ECO which document you're to submit
Ok, thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogompaul(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:
Hi, pls where did you get that info, was it via email or from the vfs tracking website? Mine still says forwarded to BHC. Same as it was on date of application on vfs tracking page. But I got an email that visa has been approved last week. Did u receive this email?
vfs tracking website buh I'm yet to receive approval mail. that's y I want to know if I've been granted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogompaul(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
mosiate:

Where and when did u apply?
at Abuja on the 17th buh was submitted on 19th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ogompaul(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
I tracked my visa application now n they said that decision v been made n it been transferred to the point of application. please does dat mean I've been given visa please I need urgent reply *feeling nervous* Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
ogompaul: vfs tracking website

Woooooow, When did you submit your document and when did you received Approval mail?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2014
ogompaul: vfs tracking website buh I'm yet to receive approval mail. that's y I want to know if I've been granted.
U're supposed to have received approval mail(have u checked spam?). Maybe you should check with them at vfs abuja since that was where u applied. And pls pray.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
I just found out that the new office @etiebet's place is TP office. This is so confusing, I thought we'll get our documents from VFS and not TP
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08: I just found out that the new office @etiebet's place is TP office. This is so confusing, I thought we'll get our documents from VFS and not TP
I'm allergic to anything TP, they are game-spoiler. And why should our document be sent to TP anyways, since we didn't apply there. Any news yet from any1 that has been there today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
perfect08: I just found out that the new office @etiebet's place is TP office. This is so confusing, I thought we'll get our documents from VFS and not TP

Any luck, how did it go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
Alhamdulillah, I got 3 approval emails today (myself and 2 kids). It's been a very long process for me and I am extremely glad to finally start this PhD.
I thank everyone on this thread. @justwise @bambamzz @tobeee @spikesC @donoms @Olisedinma @etc
I applied on the 24th of september without my hubby. I submitted the following:
1: Consent letter (from my hubby)and evidence of why he didn't apply with us
2: birth and marriage certificates
3: family album (very detailed showing births and anniversaries)
4: my degree certificate
5: change of name
6:Bank statement
7: Evidence of Child care arrangement
8: Evidence of suitable accommodation for my kids
9: Transcript
10: fasting and prayers
I submitted online since the 12th of september when my money was just about 18days old, but I did the final transaction on day 29(23rd), printed the statement of account the next day(24th). I really hope this helps somebody out there.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
A minute silence...

Just out of the TP etiebet place & the visa never show.

Got approval mail on Monday 29th Sept.

I thought it was meant to take 2 working days from approval to collection but the guys I met there said its 5 working days.

Teleperformance & their wahala!

*Sighs*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by henry0: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
jamela:

The transcript I used wasn't addressed to the school rather to my Dad's hotel..so I used that same copy so many times.

I got an approval mail on monday and also 2 mails from TP abuja this afternoon stating that decision has been made and my documents have been sent to me by the courier service, so I guess its accepted.

Your sister should just get another copy addressed to any employer rather than a school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jamela(f): 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
henry0:

The transcript I used wasn't addressed to the school rather to my Dad's hotel..so I used that same copy so many times.

I got an approval mail on monday and also 2 mails from TP abuja this afternoon stating that decision has been made and my documents have been sent to me by the courier service, so I guess its accepted.

Your sister should just get another copy addressed to any employer rather than a school.

I thought so as well. That would have been the ideal thing to do, but her school is notorious for taking extended long periods of time in preparing transcripts and she needs to get her offer, ATAS and CAS then apply for visa all before Jan '15. And that's why we want to know if she can just use her student copy instead of waiting months for the new main transcript.

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.