Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863666 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise,et all
boss pls i will be printing 32 days statement period,as i want to start counting from tomorow 10th October-10th November as the i cant print 8th and 9th cos its the weekend.also can i make transaction on my account that 10th November so i can show closing balance before i print statemrnt or i print a day after closing balance shown.thank you

Your 28days counts on 7th of November. You can print weekends, but it doesn't matter, the 32days is still ok.
Yes, you can make a transaction (deposit preferably) before printing the statement
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
spikesC:

Your 28days counts on 7th of November. You can print weekends, but it doesn't matter, the 32days is still ok.
Yes, you can make a transaction (deposit preferably) before printing the statement
@spikesC
thank you so much for the reply,now i am settled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Submitted @ vfs Ikeja Sept 25. Got approval mail at noon today. Was @ teleperformance Ikeja yesterday and today sha, no show. Dey told me to give at least 5 working days. I met someone who got approval mail last Tuesday who is yet to collect his passport, so I guess I shld jst stfu and take a chill pill. Won a pe mi, ko ti Kan mi.
I have made contact with my school if they can give me some days grace, hope my programme leader accepts.
What visa application requires in Nigeria is an indifference attitude else u will ve hypertension.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
alizenbohr:

Ok.
Will try get Artesunate (if them no confound am for airport).

About the assignment tutorials, count me in.

@ DFavouredOne, congrats on your visa.
Also I know I'm asking too much but if possible help me buy indomie just 20 hungry man size. the indomie here na from jakarta no be the same.
I go pay you back abeg
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
spikesC:

I don see mosquito for here ooo, but the thing no get blood inside. The guy go don dey starve since before i put him out of his misery grin

Just put it in your checking bag

for real? i thought they can't thrive in the temperate regions
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Femicrux: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
Pls, does anyone know of institutions in the UK that would accept SSCE O' level for direct admission into undergraduate level instead of going through the foundation year.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Femicrux:
Pls, does anyone know of institutions in the UK that would accept SSCE O' level for direct admission into undergraduate level instead of going through the foundation year.

Thanks.
University of east London ranked 122 out of 123 school In UK school league..((((na play ooooo....spikeC ova to u)))
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Also I know I'm asking too much but if possible help me buy indomie just 20 hungry man size. the indomie here na from jakarta no be the same.
I go pay you back abeg

grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
kingsilly:

University of east London ranked 122 out of 123 school In UK school league..((((na play ooooo....spikeC ova to u)))

grin grin grin

Femicrux:
Thanks.

No one can tell you for sure, the only way to find out is to apply first.
Someones said some schools accept if you have a minimum of 5 Bs. I would suggest you apply to as many schools as possible, then see the result
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 10:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
spikesC:

grin grin grin

No one can tell you for sure, the only way to find out is to apply first.
Someones said some schools accept if you have a minimum of 5 Bs. I would suggest you apply to as many schools as possible, then see the result

grinIncluding eastlondon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2014
spikesC:

I don see mosquito for here ooo, but the thing no get blood inside. The guy go don dey starve since before i put him out of his misery grin

Just put it in your checking bag

I have been seeing this word "checking bag".

Pls what is the meaning, and how does it differ from other bags that one will be travelling with?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:39am On Oct 10, 2014
Dfavouredone:

I have been seeing this word "checking bag".

Pls what is the meaning, and how does it differ from other bags that one will be travelling with?

You have, basically, two types of bags you can travel with. The checking bag and the hand luggage

The checking bag is the one the airline officials will normally scan and load in a separate compartment where you would not have access to it till you get to your final destination. It is usually the big boxes with most of your things carefully packed in it.
On the other hand, the hand luggage is the small bag, like your school or laptop bag, where you have a few items that you might need in the plane or waiting area. It would basically contain cash, laptop, phones, toothbrush and paste etc.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2014
Hi everyone, good morning, has anyone been to Etiebet's place this morning for passport collection? Please how did it go?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2014
spikesC:

You have, basically, two types of bags you can travel with. The checking bag and the hand luggage

The checking bag is the one the airline officials will normally scan and load in a separate compartment where you would not have access to it till you get to your final destination. It is usually the big boxes with most of your things carefully packed in it.
On the other hand, the hand luggage is the small bag, like your school or laptop bag, where you have a few items that you might need in the plane or waiting area. It would basically contain cash, laptop, phones, toothbrush and paste etc.

Thanks man. Really clear now.

God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
Femicrux:

Thanks for your post. Pls, do you know the name of any institution in the UK that offers this possibility?

Quite a handful of them. Just some of the school majorly have intake for September.

You can check: Sheffield Halam University, UCLAN, BPP, East Anglia, Wolverampton.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Femicrux: 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2014
crown86:

Quite a handful of them. Just some of the school majorly have intake for September.

You can check: Sheffield Halam University, UCLAN, BPP, East Anglia, Wolverampton.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2014
Just wanted to give an update on the situation of things concerning passport collection. Left Teleperformance Ikeja a few minutes ago, finally got my documents from them together with a few other people that applied on the same day with me at Ikeja VFS on September 25th. Relieved and grateful. The funny thing is I got there by 3:20pm and was told my documents hadn't arrived yet. Was so disoriented but knew I was going to stay till the day was over and I knew no package could possibly arrive again. Few seconds later I saw two guys coming in with Fedex bags! Well yeah, passports had arrived! smiley

Thanks to everyone who replied my questions and lent assistance. Best wishes to everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Yaaaay I just picked up my stuff. Adanne I guess u were the lady threatening to sue them. I am so happy. I just got in from Ilorin, popped in to check and there it was. Alhamdulillah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by alizenbohr: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
AdanneNwachukw:
Just wanted to give an update on the situation of things concerning passport collection. Left Teleperformance Ikeja a few minutes ago, finally got my documents from them together with a few other people that applied on the same day with me at Ikeja VFS on September 25th. Relieved and grateful. The funny thing is I got there by 3:20pm and was told my documents hadn't arrived yet. Was so disoriented but knew I was going to stay till the day was over and I knew no package could possibly arrive again. Few seconds later I saw two guys coming in with Fedex bags! Well yeah, passports had arrived! smiley

Thanks to everyone who replied my questions and lent assistance. Best wishes to everyone.

Congrats Adanne!
Your persistence really paid off.

Wish u the best in your academic endeavors.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
Femicrux:

Thanks a lot.

You welcome, if you require further assistance, I will be more than willing to assist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2014
kemkem30:
Yaaaay I just picked up my stuff. Adanne I guess u were the lady threatening to sue them. I am so happy. I just got in from Ilorin, popped in to check and there it was. Alhamdulillah

Haha I wasn't the one oh. That wasn't me. But I picked up mine about 4pm too. Congrats to you! All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
alizenbohr:

Congrats Adanne!
Your persistence really paid off.

Wish u the best in your academic endeavors.

Thanks a lot @Alizenbohr! All the best too! You'll come out in flying colors, amen!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AdanneNwachukw: 7:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
I also wanna say that when applying for a student visa, if you have genuine documents and have fulfilled their financial requirements you do not have to be afraid. My degree certificate from university contained a short form of my names, for instance, Ada Nuella Nwachukwu while my passport ofcourse contained my full names "Adanne Emmanuella Nwachukwu", so well naturally I heard a lot of comments such as my visa application would be rejected blah blah blah. The thing is the Entry Clearance Officers aren't machines, they are reasonable human beings and if you prove the two names refer to the same exact person then you are good to go.

I explained my situation in the additional information section and then submitted two affidavits (they cost next to nothing); an affidavit sworn before the court and one sworn before a Notary Public. The decision of my visa approval came in four working days. So yeah, just wanted to point that out for future applicants cos it gave me a few sleepless nights before I applied.

Best wishes to everyone. May God use us to move Nigeria forward. Amen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by meiloya: 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
kemkem30:

I got my own tetfund sponsorship as a University lecturer under the Academic staff training and development fund category.

Yeah, I suspected. Wanted to apply as well, but read and sensed that it favours lecturers more.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Finally I'm here at UCL. Submitted My documents on 23rd, after a looong wait I collected it on Wednesday, booked a Lufthansa flight to London connecting through Frankfurt on Thursday night. Did My enrolment and now settled.

Now I have to make up for 2 weeks of lectures. All the same Glory be to God.

Thank you Justwise, spikeC, Bambuzz, Jamela, MallamYahyah, Alizenbohr and all gurus on this page.

I'm Happy and relieved.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by MallamYahaya(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2014
perfect08:
Finally I'm here at UCL. Submitted My documents on 23rd, after a looong wait I collected it on Wednesday, booked a Lufthansa flight to London connecting through Frankfurt on Thursday night. Did My enrolment and now settled.

Thank you Justwise, spikeC, Bambuzz, Jamela, MallamYahyah, Alizenbohr and all gurus on this page.

I'm Happy and relieved.

Congratulations. I'll also be at Kingston too doing a PhD. Got my visa last Thursday but need one week for a proper hand over.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2014
perfect08:

I'm Happy and relieved.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joyjoyhoy: 1:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
Has any one used an Affidavit to prove legal guardian please URGENT
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 6:08pm On Oct 11, 2014
Hello,
Is there anyone here who traveled after his/her latest start date as stated on the cas letter? Kindly provide details of how you were able to do this. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joyjoyhoy: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
smakati:
Hello,
Is there anyone here who traveled after his/her latest start date as stated on the cas letter? Kindly provide details of how you were able to do this. Thanks
I have you just need to inform the school your date of arrival and when you get to entry clearance officer you defend your reason why

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
joyjoyhoy:

I have you just need to inform the school your date of arrival and when you get to entry clearance officer you defend your reason why
No!
You need a letter from your school stating that you can still join your course.
Otherwise you risk being refused entry by U.K.B.A.
You might not even be allowed to board your flight.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.