Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863406 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
smakati:
Hello,
Is there anyone here who traveled after his/her latest start date as stated on the cas letter? Kindly provide details of how you were able to do this. Thanks

It depends on the school. You can apply for a late enrollment letter from the school

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by joyjoyhoy: 11:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
worry359:

No!
You need a letter from your school stating that you can still join your course.
Otherwise you risk being refused entry by U.K.B.A.
You might not even be allowed to board your flight.
Didn't need a letter and I was a month late.. uni is always in touch with ukba at this times you can get a letter for back up

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
[code][/code]
worry359:

No!
You need a letter from your school stating that you can still join your course.
Otherwise you risk being refused entry by U.K.B.A.
You might not even be allowed to board your flight.
You are right, broda. Arik airlines refused my boarding until I presented a letter of last date of acceptance. At heathrow, five Nigerian students were depoted, only God knows why.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 12:01am On Oct 12, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Oya run they come,help me buy anti malaria , aboniki, bathroom slippers. I go square you abeg
haaaha scotland cool die. aboniki go do job lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 3:11am On Oct 12, 2014
AdanneNwachukw:
I also wanna say that when applying for a student visa, if you have genuine documents and have fulfilled their financial requirements you do not have to be afraid. My degree certificate from university contained a short form of my names, for instance, Ada Nuella Nwachukwu while my passport ofcourse contained my full names "Adanne Emmanuella Nwachukwu", so well naturally I heard a lot of comments such as my visa application would be rejected blah blah blah. The thing is the Entry Clearance Officers aren't machines, they are reasonable human beings and if you prove the two names refer to the same exact person then you are good to go.

I explained my situation in the additional information section and then submitted two affidavits (they cost next to nothing); an affidavit sworn before the court and one sworn before a Notary Public. The decision of my visa approval came in four working days. So yeah, just wanted to point that out for future applicants cos it gave me a few sleepless nights before I applied.

Best wishes to everyone. May God use us to move Nigeria forward. Amen.

So thoughtful of you to have share this.

Though i dont have such challenge but i think it will sure help many other applicants yet to come.

God be praise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hannahdee: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2014
Hello all/justwise,
Please i need clarifications on some things , a friend of mine wants to apply for a tier 4 student visa but she is confused on the following grounds:

1. The applicant's parent lives within her university city in UK, so she wants to know if she can attach her parent property documents in order to show proof of accommodation because she wants to live with her parent during the period of her study .

2. Do such applicant need to proof maintenance fund for accommodation or just living expenses ?

3. Does anyone know the immigration rule regarding this situation ?

4. Is it possible to leave maintenance fund in your account then printout the statement after 28 days before paying your tuition fee ?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2014
hannahdee:
Hello all/justwise,
Please i need clarifications on some things , a friend of mine wants to apply for a tier 4 student visa but she is confused on the following grounds:

1. The applicant's parent lives within her university city in UK, so she wants to know if she can attach her parent property documents in order to show proof of accommodation because she wants to live with her parent during the period of her study .

2. Do such applicant need to proof maintenance fund for accommodation or just living expenses ?

3. Does anyone know the immigration rule regarding this situation ?

4. Is it possible to leave maintenance fund in your account then printout the statement after 28 days before paying your tuition fee ?

Thanks in anticipation.
1. No...she still need to show that maintenance money....she is free to stay with her parents after getting the visa.

2. She need to show proof of maintenance money for all.

3. There is no immigration rule regarding that, the rule regarding maintenance money is exactly the same for all applicants.

4. Don't use your maintenance money to pay school fees then present bank statement showing maintenances while in reality the money is gone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by boynate: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
please can anyone advice me on travelling for the first time.... I wish to go to cyprus but according to what i read on google based on their information is really scary me and i also feel like going to canada but people living in my surrounding are saying it won't be easy for me for the first time with a virgil passport..... Please am confuse presently and i really want to travel out of this 9ja by next year....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Please is urgent.

I am in a small dilemma right now.

I apply to TP Abuja and my visa has been ready for collection since Friday 10th.

But here is my dilemma, i pay for courier service (which happen to be my mistake i made) for my package to be sent to me at in Warri, thinking i will fly from Lagos.

Now the firm sponsoring me said i will fly via abuja, hence i contact TP thru their complaint page that i would now like to pick my visa personally.

But since then; i have not receive a response from them neither i have received the package via courier; and the sponsor is requesting that i come to their office in abuja tomoro (wednesday) by 10:30am to submit my passport for flight booking - becos i have already told them that my visa is ready for collection on friday 10th.

My request:
Is it advisable to just go to TP centre office tomoro morning (as i am scare they may just send to my address in warri)?
Or does anyone have number TP contact number for me to reach?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 1:06pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dfavouredone:
Please is urgent.

I am in a small dilemma right now.

I apply to TP Abuja and my visa has been ready for collection since Friday 10th.

But here is my dilemma, i pay for courier service (which happen to be my mistake i made) for my package to be sent to me at in Warri, thinking i will fly from Lagos.

Now the firm sponsoring me said i will fly via abuja, hence i contact TP thru their complaint page that i would now like to pick my visa personally.

But since then; i have not receive a response from them neither i have received the package via courier; and the sponsor is requesting that i come to their office in abuja tomoro (wednesday) by 10:30am to submit my passport for flight booking - becos i have already told them that my visa is ready for collection on friday 10th.

My request:
Is it advisable to just go to TP centre office tomoro morning (as i am scare they may just send to my address in warri)?
Or does anyone have number TP contact number for me to reach?

whats your status showing on TP site?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

whats your status showing on TP site?

Ready for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smakati(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
Jst collected my visa frm don etiebet. Details later
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dfavouredone:

Ready for collection.

if its showing ready for collection then you can try going there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

if its showing ready for collection then you can try going there

that is what i plan doing?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tmosco(m): 6:17am On Oct 15, 2014
Pls NL,how long does it take d school 2 send me my cas. I av fulfilled all d requirements. It just d visa application dat remains.it already entering the 3rd week now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by librasat: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dear All,

Please i submitted my application at TP Abuja since Friday 10th October, though am running a tight schedule as the last day i can resume school is 20th October, please up till now no acknowledgement from TP on my application. i have checked their website no information for me.

please can someone help me shed light on this because i know VFS send text to you immediately you submit your application.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dfavouredone: 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
God be praise forever.

I have collected my passport today at TP Abuja.

Thanks to everyone. @bambamzzzz
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Mond101: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
Please who knows the name of the return courier service does teleperformance Abuja use. Can't find d courier service online. My passport has not been delivered to me and my school in the UK has resume. Pls anybody have an idea?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 10:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:
Pls NL,how long does it take d school 2 send me my cas. I av fulfilled all d requirements. It just d visa application dat remains.it already entering the 3rd week now.

Most schools takes 2-5 days at most..after the money is confirmed. What is the name of your school

Regards
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
librasat:
Dear All,

Please i submitted my application at TP Abuja since Friday 10th October, though am running a tight schedule as the last day i can resume school is 20th October, please up till now no acknowledgement from TP on my application. i have checked their website no information for me.

please can someone help me shed light on this because i know VFS send text to you immediately you submit your application.

Thank you.

Are you going to University of Central Lancashire?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tmosco(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
crown86:

Most schools takes 2-5 days at most..after the money is confirmed. What is the name of your school

Regards

Robert Gordon it may b because I am resuming january,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 11:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dfavouredone:
God be praise forever.

I have collected my passport today at TP Abuja.

Thanks to everyone. @bambamzzzz
congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
tmosco:

Robert Gordon it may b because I am resuming january,

Robert Gordon do usually take time though. Be patience and follow up with them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tmosco(m): 10:57am On Oct 16, 2014
crown86:

Robert Gordon do usually take time though. Be patience and follow up with them.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
Good Day
My wife submitted her dependant application on Friday on the 10th of October and got approval email yesterday .Thanks to my oga's in the house for the advise, all squared

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
Bambamzzzz:
Good Day
My wife submitted her dependant application on Friday on the 10th of October and got approval email yesterday .Thanks to my oga's in the house for the advise, all squared

Congratulations!! That was supper quick
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations!! That was supper quick

Thanks my oga.Abuja is the best for quick response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by percyfaya: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
@justwise,@spikesC,and all
i am filling my form online and got to this section:Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?
i have been outside the country to South Africa,Cyprus,Maldives,Tanzania and Uganda these are all commonwealth countries,should i still list them or just click No.
please just need clarification.Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by crown86: 10:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
percyfaya:
@justwise,@spikesC,and all
i am filling my form online and got to this section:Have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the UK or a Commonwealth Country, in the last 10 years?
i have been outside the country to South Africa,Cyprus,Maldives,Tanzania and Uganda these are all commonwealth countries,should i still list them or just click No.
please just need clarification.Thank you

Please be truthful as much as you can remember. I advise you quote Cyprus, South Africa, Maldives provided you have the detail on your current passport and does not exceed ten years

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.