Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864028 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
seangy4konji:
Good evening.

Please is it compulsory paying the school fees before submitting for the visa or the school fees and maintenance fee has to be in the intended account you wish to submit with the application for ?28days?

You need an acceptance letter from the school.
Most schools need some kind of payment before issuing that.
Otherwise too many people go missing, use the visa for entry but not attend the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by layi4reeal: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2014
pato231:

You welcome,yes I picked it up today.Thanks
I went to FedEx office to pick my passport and guess wat? I got the visa. Thhe relief I felt was just#*#*#*.... considering that I didn't get a mail of visa issuance or dat my application was considered. I ThankGod dat @ last, dis veeeery long journey has finally ended. Anotherr phase begins now. Thanks all for ur wise words and insight. God bless u all. Cheeers

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2014
portelli:
Helloo guys, can one find cheapest engineering university at 12000 pounds per year?
yes you can, plus bursary/scholarship up to 3000 pounds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
justwise:

No need for that, one transaction at the end of the 28 days is all is needed.
will the transaction include interest paid?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
axtwwppw:
yes you can, plus bursary/scholarship up to 3000 pounds.
could you pls give a list of the Universities or a link ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 9:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
portelli:

could you pls give a list of the Universities or a link ?
I know of Coventry, university of east london, Portsmouth university and heriot watt university.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
axtwwppw:
will the transaction include interest paid?

What interest?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 4:36am On Nov 27, 2014
justwise:

What interest?

I have 12940 pounds since 28th October, interest was paid 26th of November. I'm asking if that interest paid can be used to show that the funds has been in my account all through?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 5:47am On Nov 27, 2014
layi4reeal:

I went to FedEx office to pick my passport and guess wat? I got the visa. Thhe relief I felt was just#*#*#*.... considering that I didn't get a mail of visa issuance or dat my application was considered. I ThankGod dat @ last, dis veeeery long journey has finally ended. Anotherr phase begins now. Thanks all for ur wise words and insight. God bless u all. Cheeers
Congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by oriste(f): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2014
Good morning I want to ask for the house advice I and my family stay in the UK under spouse visa and my husband got transferred back to Nigeria so my daughter got admission and I want to apply as a dependant but want do I apply for my 2 other kids as
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:13am On Nov 27, 2014
axtwwppw:
I have 12940 pounds since 28th October, interest was paid 26th of November. I'm asking if that interest paid can be used to show that the funds has been in my account all through?

Was the interest paid after the 28 days?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by blank(f): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
justwise:

No need for that, one transaction at the end of the 28 days is all is needed.

Do you really need to make a transaction? I don't think it is necessary. Just print out a 30 day statement to ensure you are properly covered
and that is it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by oriste(f): 2:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
Please justwise should help out Good morning I want to ask for the house advice I and my family stay in the UK under spouse visa and my husband got transferred back to Nigeria so my daughter got admission and I want to apply as a dependant but want do I apply for my 2 other kids as

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
blank:

Do you really need to make a transaction? I don't think it is necessary. Just print out a 30 day statement to ensure you are properly covered
and that is it.

Transaction is necessary if the bank statement did not show closing balance date then the last transaction serves that purpose. However if the balance statement shows closing balance date then there is no need for transaction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
oriste:
Please justwise should help out Good morning I want to ask for the house advice I and my family stay in the UK under spouse visa and my husband got transferred back to Nigeria so my daughter got admission and I want to apply as a dependant but want do I apply for my 2 other kids as

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Answered your question in the other thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seangy4konji: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nice one bro. Thanks.cleared now.
worry359:

Otherwise too many people go missing, use the visa for entry but not attend the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by seangy4konji: 9:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nice one. Got it now.

Any advice of good schools and cheap around oxford or outside London in General for masters in science?who accepts deposits?
worry359:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by peace2mankind(m): 7:25am On Nov 28, 2014
y
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Nov 28, 2014
peace2mankind:
hi guys, maintenance funds was transfered into my account,do i need a letter from either my mum explaining how i got the funds? because im only 20 and havent got a job.
please waiting for your reply.
thanks

No you don,t need a letter from them but you need to attach your birth certificate to your application package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by axtwwppw(m): 10:45am On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

Was the interest paid after the 28 days?
yes, it was.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobaseye: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Pls experts in the house. I want to make my tuition fee and i need advice on best way to go about it. Pls which one will be cost effective; Bank transfer or using my naira master card? Am affraid with this crazy exchange rate dis days.
With bank transfer, will i be charged with the CBN official rate? because cbn rate seems to be much lower when compare with the market rate.
regard.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2014
Hi justwise, pato231, spikesC and the rest of the team. You guys are doing a great job.

I am going to get the rest of my money (balance of School fees + Maintenance) today, and the 28 day count will thus begin today and end around the 26th of December. The earliest enrollment date on my CAS is 26th January, 2015 and the course begins on the 2nd February.

Facts:
1. Account matures around 26th December, 2014
2. Earliest enrollment is 26th January, 2015 and Course start date is 2nd February, 2015

My questions:
1. From my understanding of the Visa process here, it takes around 3 weeks, correct?
2. The UKVI takes some form of holiday around late December to January, I have searched extensively for the duration without success, when is it? Can I still submit an application and get an interview date in January since it wont be a total no-work holiday?
3. Finally, from experience, do you think I should ask for an extension of resumption date from my school, RGU Scotland, considering the situation at hand...?
4. I am co-asking the below:

countsparrow:
Does getting an accomodation before applying for a visa increase your chances of getting the Visa Issued

Thank you sirs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

No you don,t need a letter from them but you need to attach your birth certificate to your application package.

peace2mankind:
hi guys, maintenance funds was transfered into my account,do i need a letter from either my mum explaining how i got the funds? because im only 20 and havent got a job.
please waiting for your reply.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 1:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hi guys

Is there any problem if I do not do the sponsorship thing by myself but have a sponsor who will pay for the living expenses and tuition fees?

the university I applied to says no need for deposit since I have a sponsor who has signed an agreement to pay, will that reduce my chances of securing visa, in as much as my sponsor has sufficient funds to cover at least the first year of my living expenses and tuition fees?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
portelli:
Hi guys

Is there any problem if I do not do the sponsorship thing by myself but have a sponsor who will pay for the living expenses and tuition fees?

the university I applied to says no need for deposit since I have a sponsor who has signed an agreement to pay, will that reduce my chances of securing visa, in as much as my sponsor has sufficient funds to cover at least the first year of my living expenses and tuition fees?

Who is your sponsor?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

Who is your sponsor?
Thank you my guy.
Its my elder brother
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
portelli:

Thank you my guy.
Its my elder brother

Let him pay the money into your account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Please House I need this questions answered...

when I put my maintenance fee in my account, I had in excess of 40,000 naira, although when I started with my 28 days count, I had to make a withdrawal of 16,000 naira, but now due to d increase in pounds, as of today, I have fallen short of 20,000naira... Should I concerned

My last deposit was on 11/11/2014 at 11pm, can I still count dat as my first day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2014
olukenzo:
Hi justwise, pato231, spikesC and the rest of the team. You guys are doing a great job.

I am going to get the rest of my money (balance of School fees + Maintenance) today, and the 28 day count will thus begin today and end around the 26th of December. The earliest enrollment date on my CAS is 26th January, 2015 and the course begins on the 2nd February.

Facts:
2. Earliest enrollment is 26th January, 2015 and Course start date is 2nd February, 2015

My questions:
1. From my understanding of the Visa process here, it takes around 3 weeks, correct?
2. The UKVI takes some form of holiday around late December to January, I have searched extensively for the duration without success, when is it? Can I still submit an application and get an interview date in January since it wont be a total no-work holiday?
3. Finally, from experience, do you think I should ask for an extension of resumption date from my school, RGU Scotland, considering the situation at hand...?

Thank you sirs.

@justwise, your attention is needed here sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
olukenzo:

Facts:

My questions:

Thank you sirs.
Ask your school for 2 weeks extension and submit your application on 27th of Dec, you still stand a chance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

Ask your school for 2 weeks extension and submit your application on 27th of Dec, you still stand a chance.

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by portelli: 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
justwise:

Let him pay the money into your account.
thank U wise. but I would like to know the problems that I may encounter if I use my brother's sponsorship, because I don't work to have such amount of money?

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.