Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864025 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
If you're coming to the uk, then try checking out this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2135329/networking-thread-nigerian-students-uk#30513157) and post on it. You may find someone close to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2015
dolapobello1:
If you're coming to the uk, then try checking out this thread (https://www.nairaland.com/2135329/networking-thread-nigerian-students-uk#30513157) and post on it. You may find someone close to you.

Mostly posts by dolapobello1 talking to himself! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 08, 2015
worry359:

Mostly posts by dolapobello1 talking to himself! grin

grin grin grin Y Evuls? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
dolapobello1:

grin grin grin Y Evuls? grin
Dolapo longest time....

How studies bro......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 8:38am On Feb 09, 2015
Greetings to all u great people of this lovely forum.
pls is there any difference in applying for the visa at Ikeja and applying at Abuja. is there any special consideration given to those in abj. Thanks
pls I need your advice as regards this matter. am currently in Abuja but intend going to Lagos for some stuffs which d due time to apply for the study visa would meet up with me there and so I don't know if I should come back to Abuja to apply or just apply from Lagos owing to the fact that there might just be 3 weeks between when I apply and my resumption.
I would appreciate your earnest response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Feb 09, 2015
dorosola:
I don't know if this is the right place to post my questions but please pardon me if It's wrong.

please am urgently in need of a place to do a year programme in Any collage, university in London.

I currently hold an ND lower credit.

please I need anyone with useful information to help me. and I will like to start the programme in September. I need this information now to start planning towards it.

the one year programme can be on any art courses.

please It's urgent .

Thanks.

@SpikesC, @JustWise, @Pato231, @DrSkofid, @AskGodAnything ,
@ironbender101, @sukber, @4mula22, @olukenzo, @DSSHQ, @Ceejaynackson Yu,guys are Awesome! God bless You! and I need your help please

In London?...but u can try other part of UK, try "Leeds Beckett University".....just google it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 09, 2015
Congrats to all those with approved visa!

Ok. Biggest Thanks to Jehovah for safe trip and happy settlement.

But dis UK people insist that I must stay in 2bed flat apartment because of my kid...na wa ooo. See expenses!...I be wan manage studio or one bed flat..but no way!...now I am in a two bed flat apartment..very big and spacious...na only one of d room me, my wife and kid dey even stay because of d cold here dat is not friendly at all...d fear of d cold no dey allow us enter d living room go relax..

d cold here pass horror film ooo!

Now I am looking for a 9ja student to share d other room with at a cheap rate...pls any 9ja student in Leeds be it in University of Leeds or Leed Beckett University still looking for accommodation. ..pls holla at me via 07741332129. Kitchen got washing machine,microwave,and gas cooker etc...I will give d room for £200 pcm.

Once again a big thanks to my ogas them Justwise, SpikesC, ironbender, pato...and others.

pls try make friends with other fellow "9ja students" in ur skool or area (note that I didn't say other blacks).

For those looking for cheapest airticket... pls try Royal Air Maroc... it is $455 frm lagos to London Heathrow airport, 10hrs duration with only 2hrs transit time at casablanca. If u are heading to sunderland, newcastle etc...just board train or bus frm London to ur destination and enjoy d beautiful sites during d journey.

For those yet to get their visa or still filing for review...our prayer 4 u will never cease!

1luv!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 11:41pm On Feb 09, 2015
dorosola:
I don't know if this is the right place to post my questions but please pardon me if It's wrong.

please am urgently in need of a place to do a year programme in Any collage, university in London.

I currently hold an ND lower credit.

please I need anyone with useful information to help me. and I will like to start the programme in September. I need this information now to start planning towards it.

the one year programme can be on any art courses.

please It's urgent .

Thanks.

@SpikesC, @JustWise, @Pato231, @DrSkofid, @AskGodAnything ,
@ironbender101, @sukber, @4mula22, @olukenzo, @DSSHQ, @Ceejaynackson Yu,guys are Awesome! God bless You! and I need your help please
Hello,its good you want to start the whole admission process early,I will advice you do a search using Google,type the likely programmes you will get a list of universities in the UK that offer them,you can then narrow your search down by the most desirable city etc.
Best of luck,i also advice you use this few months to learn one craft it sure will come in handy when you arrive here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 10, 2015
@justwise please I need your suggestions urgently..I'm currently in london on a 6months visa if you could remember , I'm staying with a relation of mine at the moment.. I'm thinking about staying in the country but they were recommending i have to stay that you must get a student visa which will help you in terms of jobs,accommodations,freedom etc... I'm a kind of football loving person I'd love to take that as a career as well.. So the debate is now on if should apply for a school with I'd love the course to Sports Science ( na that wan my head fit carry) well it sound silly, but I'm being honest here, I don't want to be among the students that misses classes or stop studying while staying in the country... Studying in the university can even give me the chance of being in the sch team which who knows you might lucky enough to get teams from top or little divisions that loves the way you play etc.. So ill need your thoughts towards this thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pato231(m): 1:12am On Feb 10, 2015
obipyper:
@justwise please I need your suggestions urgently..I'm currently in london on a 6months visa if you could remember , I'm staying with a relation of mine at the moment.. I'm thinking about staying in the country but they were recommending i have to stay that you must get a student visa which will help you in terms of jobs,accommodations,freedom etc... I'm a kind of football loving person I'd love to take that as a career as well.. So the debate is now on if should apply for a school with I'd love the course to Sports Science ( na that wan my head fit carry) well it sound silly, but I'm being honest here, I don't want to be among the students that misses classes or stop studying while staying in the country... Studying in the university can even give me the chance of being in the sch team which who knows you might lucky enough to get teams from top or little divisions that loves the way you play etc.. So ill need your thoughts towards this thank you
Please if you are in the UK on a visiting visa don't overstay,you will have to apply for a student visa from Nigeria,yes you can study any course you so wish as long as you have the prerequisite to do so.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:53am On Feb 10, 2015
pato231:

Please if you are in the UK on a visiting visa don't overstay,you will have to apply for a student visa from Nigeria,yes you can study any course you so wish as long as you have the prerequisite to do so.

Pls do you know of any sch not too expensive that offers those course around uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2015
obipyper:

Pato231 has said it all, type the course title in Google it will link you to schools that offer such course, apply, make payment and get your CAS then return to Nigeria for your visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
pls is there any difference in applying for the visa at Ikeja
and applying at Abuja. is there any special consideration
given to those in abj. Thanks
pls I need your advice as regards this matter. am currently
in Abuja but intend going to Lagos for some stuffs which d
due time to apply for the study visa would meet up with
me there and so I don't know if I should come back to
Abuja to apply or just apply from Lagos owing to the fact
that there might just be 3 weeks between when I apply and
my resumption.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
@justwise and co. Please I got a visa refusal on Jan. 22nd and applied for an administrative review same day. I got a phone call yesterday telling me that the decision has been overturned and that I should drop off my and my dependants passports at the VAC in Abuja. I did so yesterday. My question is does anyone in the house know how long it will take as I need to book our flights. thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 11:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
I observed the naira is seriously dropping against the pound how would one do it as regards oanda
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:01am On Feb 13, 2015
samzoe:
pls is there any difference in applying for the visa at Ikeja
and applying at Abuja. is there any special consideration
given to those in abj. Thanks
pls I need your advice as regards this matter. am currently
in Abuja but intend going to Lagos for some stuffs which d
due time to apply for the study visa would meet up with
me there and so I don't know if I should come back to
Abuja to apply or just apply from Lagos owing to the fact
that there might just be 3 weeks between when I apply and
my resumption.

It is a fact that all Lagos applications are sent to Abuja for processing so it is true to say that Abuja Applications will appear slightly faster (average of 2-3 days difference perhaps) even though other factors such as volume of applications per time and personal verification times may determine period of application.
Besides that, NO Special Consideration is given to Applicants based on city of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 13, 2015
Ah, this thread, all the anxiety and rush. Big ups to everyone that made it great.

I am still house-hunting though, my one month here is going to lapse in two weeks. I have loads of Nigerians over here @RGU Aberdeen. It feels like Unilag or UI or Ife lol.

royalsweetness, hmmm. Where are you? Riverside East? School of Health? ABS? ehn? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:27am On Feb 13, 2015
chet2000:
@justwise and co. Please I got a visa refusal on Jan. 22nd and applied for an administrative review same day. I got a phone call yesterday telling me that the decision has been overturned and that I should drop off my and my dependants passports at the VAC in Abuja. I did so yesterday. My question is does anyone in the house know how long it will take as I need to book our flights. thank you.

When is your course starting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by samzoe: 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
DonOms:

It is a fact that all Lagos applications are sent to Abuja for processing so it is true to say that Abuja Applications will appear slightly faster (average of 2-3 days difference perhaps) even though other factors such as volume of applications per time and personal verification times may determine period of application.
Besides that, NO Special Consideration is given to Applicants based on city of application.

thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
olukenzo:
Ah, this thread, all the anxiety and rush. Big ups to everyone that made it great.

I am still house-hunting though, my one month here is going to lapse in two weeks. I have loads of Nigerians over here @RGU Aberdeen. It feels like Unilag or UI or Ife lol.

royalsweetness, hmmm. Where are you? Riverside East? School of Health? ABS? ehn? grin
Lol Abs; I'm mostly 'home-schooling' currently tho lol, dissertation stage. How about you, where are u? And about your house hunting, still focused on garthdee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chet2000: 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
justwise:

When is your course starting?
I started my course already on Dec 1st. Its a PhD, so flexible. I took an authorised absence from my school to come back 4 visa. I v spent 5 weeks out of 8 weeks annual AA already.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
chet2000:

I started my course already on Dec 1st. Its a PhD, so flexible. I took an authorised absence from my school to come back 4 visa. I v spent 5 weeks out of 8 weeks annual AA already.

Ok, I remember your case, it takes between a week and two to get your passport back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
justwise:

Pato231 has said it all, type the course title in Google it will link you to schools that offer such course, apply, make payment and get your CAS then return to Nigeria for your visa application.

Ok will do so thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
royalsweetness:

Lol Abs; I'm mostly 'home-schooling' currently tho lol, dissertation stage. How about you, where are u? And about your house hunting, still focused on garthdee?

I am at RSE. We frequently borrow your 226.

Yes o. I nearly got a place at Holburn though, met this lovely lady that showed me the city center. You town people are the happening people jare. I walk to and fro school, it don't wanna lose the opportunity to exercise.

Lunch at Superbox, RSE? smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Georgiana12: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2015
mrmaze:

pls wat questn were u asked at d point of entry..though am goin to cambridge.would av luv to change campus to chelmford,i was told d course am studyin is only don at cambridge..on my way to airport.can av ur mail or no. Mazeyur@gmail.com
so sorry dis is coming late , hope it's still going to be helpful. I was asked do reason why I came the UK, My uni name, my case letter, D amount I paid and if I had any money on me, where I'll be staying and how is picking me up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 14, 2015
Hi guys please I want to ask a question for a relative who got admission to study human resource management. At london south bank university wanted to ask if its a good school.he is thinking of trying other schools though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by missunknown: 10:19am On Feb 14, 2015
MrsSombody:
pls dear @missunknow does this type of email means that the visa is been granted, because same was sent to my colleague . Thanks
i dont think it is. I think its sent to everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:26am On Feb 14, 2015
Preciousstones:
Hi guys please I want to ask a question for a relative who got admission to study human resource management. At london south bank university wanted to ask if its a good school.he is thinking of trying other schools though

Not really, considering the fees, ranking and cost of living in London he is better off elsewhere
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 14, 2015
justwise:

Not really, considering the fees, ranking and cost of living in London he is better off elsewhere

He wants to apply to Loughborough University.I think that ranking thing has to do with teaching.In LSBU this program has 6 - 7 months internship which he is looking for.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 14, 2015
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:14am On Feb 14, 2015
Preciousstones:

He wants to apply to Loughborough University.I think that ranking thing has to do with teaching.In LSBU this program has 6 - 7 months internship which he is looking for.

Im not sure he is looking at the right place, what is the duration of the course?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2015
justwise:

Im not sure he is looking at the right place, what is the duration of the course?

15months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.