Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864022 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2012
@justwise
I got admission for a pre-masters program. For the visa application, do i have to show that i have enough money for both the pre-masters program and the masters program or only the pre-masters program?
I also have name issues on waec certificate but i have a court affidavit, will that help?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:15pm On Apr 29, 2012
A-ZeD:
@justwise
I got admission for a pre-masters program. For the visa application, do i have to show that i have enough money for both the pre-masters program and the masters program or only the pre-masters program?
I also have name issues on waec certificate but i have a court affidavit, will that help?

You only have to meet requirements for a year program, what is the name prob with ur WAEC?

I have to also add that if your school is in London you have to show that you have £1000 every month for 9months, outside London is £800 every month for 9 months as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2012
The pre-masters is for 3 months.For the waec, there is a spelling mistake for my surname(one alphabet was missed though my picture is on the certificate) and i used the short form of my name in sec school e.g instead of Oluwaseun, it states Seun. So my certificate bears Akidore Seun instead of Akindore oluwaseun as written on my passport.
PS...the name is fictional
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2012
A-ZeD:
The pre-masters is for 3 months.For the waec, there is a spelling mistake for my surname(one alphabet was missed though my picture is on the certificate) and i used the short form of my name in sec school e.g instead of Oluwaseun, it states Seun. So my certificate bears Akidore Seun instead of Akindore oluwaseun as written on my passport.
PS...the name is fictional

Are you doing that in an university or college? Pre-masters courses last for at least 9months, what is the name of the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
Foundationcampus(university of conventry).My letter says 1 term.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2012
A-ZeD:
Foundationcampus(university of conventry).My letter says 1 term.

In that case you have to show maintenance money for the 3months plus the one yr masters program, that is £7200 + £2400.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2012
justwise:

In that case you have to show maintenance money for the 3months plus the one yr masters program, that is £7200 + £2400.
Thats the the hard part. Can i apply for visa two weeks to resumption cos i have just about 4000 pounds maintanance money. Does the 28 day rule also apply if i am using my parents account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:42pm On Apr 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

Thats the the hard part. Can i apply for visa two weeks to resumption cos i have just about 4000 pounds maintanance money. Does the 28 day rule also apply if i am using my parents account?

The 28days applies to every account, applying 2wks before resumption is a massive gamble.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guapo(m): 12:17pm On May 01, 2012
Hi Justwise,
I must say u are doing a great job here. Well done! Please I would like to make an inquiry in behalf of my brother. We currently have the required deposit in his account for 28 days which will elapse on May 23, and the start date for his course is August 6. CAS would have been issued by first week of June.

Having all these in mind, how early can he make the trip to the U.K? Is it possible for him to arrive much earlier before his course start date? If so, how early are we looking at?

We want him to settle well enough before any serious school work commence.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2012
Guapo: Hi Justwise,
I must say u are doing a great job here. Well done! Please I would like to make an inquiry in behalf of my brother. We currently have the required deposit in his account for 28 days which will elapse on May 23, and the start date for his course is August 6. CAS would have been issued by first week of June.

Having all these in mind, how early can he make the trip to the U.K? Is it possible for him to arrive much earlier before his course start date? If so, how early are we looking at?

We want him to settle well enough before any serious school work commence.
Thanks

Sure he can arrive upto a month in advance if his course is longer than 6months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Guapo(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2012
Ok! many thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 5:02pm On May 01, 2012
Good day all.
@Justwise, I'm intending to apply for my visa nxt month (June), so I will keep my funds in the bank throughout dis month. Is there any bank I should avoid? Coz I'm hearing that som statements of account from certain banks are not accepted by d UKBA. I'm intending to use Oceanic bank now Eco bank.
Thanks as usual.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:15pm On May 01, 2012
EmmaIK: Good day all.
@Justwise, I'm intending to apply for my visa nxt month (June), so I will keep my funds in the bank throughout dis month. Is there any bank I should avoid? Coz I'm hearing that som statements of account from certain banks are not accepted by d UKBA. I'm intending to use Oceanic bank now Eco bank.
Thanks as usual.

The last time i checked no Nigerian bank is on the list by UKBA.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2012
justwise:

The 28days applies to every account, applying 2wks before resumption is a massive gamble.

What other options do i have,...
Can i use a company account with the company stating they are giving me a letter/student loan
Or do i get a bank to issue me a bank loan(at least on paper)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donlexs(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2012
justwise:

The last time i checked no Nigerian bank is on the list by UKBA.

Justwise,in relation to your above statement,which Nigerian Bank can I use to show evidence of my Maintenance Fee. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On May 02, 2012
donlexs:

Justwise,in relation to your above statement,which Nigerian Bank can I use to show evidence of my Maintenance Fee. Thanks.

There is no blacklisted Nigerian bank i know of, so you can use any of your choice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by softtouch2(m): 6:11pm On May 03, 2012
@Justwise: please I need urgent advise.
I intended sending my son of 6yrs to study in uk with my wife as his guardian.
A school has already agreed to accept him, and he's is planning to apply as Tier4 Child visa.
Under which category my wife suppose apply as his guardian in uk? My wife will not be working.
I'm the one sponsoring them.
I need all info that may help.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:57pm On May 03, 2012
soft-touch:
@Justwise: please I need urgent advise.
I intended sending my son of 6yrs to study in uk with my wife as his guardian.
A school has already agreed to accept him, and he's is planning to apply as Tier4 Child visa.
Under which category my wife suppose apply as his guardian in uk? My wife will not be working.
I'm the one sponsoring them.
I need all info that may help.
Thanks.

This links will help http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/child-students/apply-outside-uk/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-guidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 11:26pm On May 05, 2012
@Justwise, u must know say I don dey find u about o. Gr8 job u'r doing; keep it up

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On May 06, 2012
kunlewoye: @Justwise, u must know say I don dey find u about o. Gr8 job u'r doing; keep it up

I applied to some UK schools and have been give Conditional offer letters to study Petroleum and Gas Engineering(MSc) at Salford Uni, Subsea Engineering at Strathclyde and Cranfield Unis (Most other Unis in the UK don't take 2:2 for related courses).

The issues I need advice on are these:
-My passport expires next january and I need to apply for a Tier4 visa now. Can I use the passport even though it expires soon or should I go for another passport?

- The year of birth on my WAEC certificate is 1985 instead of 1986, everything else is correct. I had been using my statement of result since 2001 and just went to my school in Osun state from Abuja for my cert last week when I got to know this. I was at the WAEC office here in Abuja two days after ago I got back but I was verbally referred to the Ibadan zonal office (I was told my school was grouped under that zone). I read on some other threads on here that it takes a minimum of 3months and max of 6months to have another one issued by WAEC.
I surfed the Internet and got the supposed phone numbers of the Ibadan office but realized they were now defunct, so I set out to go there. I was at the Ibadan zonal office yesterday morning only to not be allowed in because nobody would see me until May 21- SSCE exam was going on and all the officials were now busy at the various exam centers! I was not even allowed in (TWATS, THE LOT OF THEM)!!

The problem is I want to make sure all the things presented to the school for admission would be the exact same things presented to the UK embassy officials. To receive my UNconditional offer letter, the WAEC result should be one of the documents to present (to show I have C6 or above in English Language).
PLEASE WAITING FOR WAEC TO ISSUE ANOTHER RESULT IS NO MORE AN OPTION(EXCEPT IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE IN A MONTH'S TIME MAXIMUM)
WOULD AN AFFIDAVIT ALONE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE OR MUST I HAVE ANOTHER LETTER FROM WAEC TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE ISSUE AND ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE IT?
HAS ANYONE HERE EVER APPLIED FOR A UK VISA USING A QUESTIONABLE WAEC CERT BACKED UP WITH AN AFFIDAVIT/LETTER FROM WAEC OFFICE AND GOTTEN THE VISA?

WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHAT WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD??

Its better you get a new passport before sending in your visa application.

Unfortunately people who had the same WAEC problem here did not come back to tell us how they resolve it but since every other document has the correct name, get a letter from WAEC stating that they made a mistake and attach the letter to your visa application.

You must also point out the mistake to the ECO before he does, just a comment in your visa application form pointing out that WAEC spelt your name wrongly and that you have attached a letter from them acknowledging that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2012
Thx Justwise fro the response. The thing is I already supplied these schools with the info on the passport. Wld it not be a problem applying for the visa with a different passport? The mistake on the waec cert has to do with my year of birth, not the name. It reads 1985 instead of 1986.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:31pm On May 06, 2012
kunlewoye: Thx Justwise fro the response. The thing is I already supplied these schools with the info on the passport. Wld it not be a problem applying for the visa with a different passport? The mistake on the waec cert has to do with my year of birth, not the name. It reads 1985 instead of 1986.

Since you have sent the passport info to the school then use it because you still have more than 6months left on it, when you get to the UK you can apply for renewer at Nigerian embassy in London.

For the WAEC issue . . . .its the same thing. . whether yr or name mistake, since all other documents have the correct date of birth then get the letter from WAEC and write a note to ECO pointing the mistake out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2012
Thanks Justwise,
Just stumbled on this on the UKBA site...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/asylumprocessguidance/specialcases/guidance/assessing-age?view=Binary

check this out:

6.4 Authenticity of documents
An applicant may state that documentary evidence showing them to be an
adult is in error, or was obtained fraudulently through the use of forged
documents, bribery or other means. Officers should also take into account the
possibility that an applicant has been provided with documents, including
travel documents, by an agent or trafficker. For instance applicants may have
given incorrect information about their age on visa applications in order to
facilitate their exit (for further guidance refer to the Victims of Trafficking:
guidance for frontline staff AI).
In this event, the applicant should be questioned with regard to the following,
non-exhaustive list of considerations:
• When was the document issued and by whom?
• What evidence was needed to obtain the document? (e.g. birth certificate
needed for a passport?);
• Was the applicant required to sign a declaration confirming correct details?
• Has the applicant reported the error to the issuing authority? (When and
with what outcome?);
• Has the applicant used the document? (e.g. by travelling on a passport
containing an error, travelling through a third country, or using a birth
certificate to obtain other documents/benefits?);
• Were any officials bribed to obtain the document?
• The country situation, objective evidence of strict procedures, and the
consequent likelihood of the applicant’s claims being true.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:52pm On May 09, 2012
kunlewoye: Thanks Justwise,
Just stumbled on this on the UKBA site...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/asylumprocessguidance/specialcases/guidance/assessing-age?view=Binary

check this out:

6.4 Authenticity of documents
An applicant may state that documentary evidence showing them to be an
adult is in error, or was obtained fraudulently through the use of forged
documents, bribery or other means. Officers should also take into account the
possibility that an applicant has been provided with documents, including
travel documents, by an agent or trafficker. For instance applicants may have
given incorrect information about their age on visa applications in order to
facilitate their exit (for further guidance refer to the Victims of Trafficking:
guidance for frontline staff AI).
In this event, the applicant should be questioned with regard to the following,
non-exhaustive list of considerations:
• When was the document issued and by whom?
• What evidence was needed to obtain the document? (e.g. birth certificate
needed for a passport?);
• Was the applicant required to sign a declaration confirming correct details?
• Has the applicant reported the error to the issuing authority? (When and
with what outcome?);
• Has the applicant used the document? (e.g. by travelling on a passport
containing an error, travelling through a third country, or using a birth
certificate to obtain other documents/benefits?);
• Were any officials bribed to obtain the document?
• The country situation, objective evidence of strict procedures, and the
consequent likelihood of the applicant’s claims being true.

This got nothing to do with your own case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2012
@justwise,
I know this is on asylum bt I jst wanted a general ukba view documents that are suspect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 6:17pm On May 09, 2012
@ Ustwise,
I am pondering submitting my certificate to waec for correction and going to the uk embassy with an online print-out and a letter from waec stating the dob on the cert is being corrected and that's why I don't have it with me. I just want to avoid the cert being impounded by the ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by AZeD1(m): 12:13pm On May 14, 2012
kunlewoye: @ Ustwise,
I am pondering submitting my certificate to waec for correction and going to the uk embassy with an online print-out and a letter from waec stating the dob on the cert is being corrected and that's why I don't have it with me. I just want to avoid the cert being impounded by the ECO
I also have issues with my certificate but my own is wrong spelling(missed an alphabet in my surname, used the short form of my name too) although i have an affidavit i don't know if this will be enough.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 12:23pm On May 14, 2012
Ahh! Na wah o. @A-zed, this is how things are in this our country. I a at my sec school as I type this post; waiting to have my letter to waec. I hope this process will be worth the while.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sean001: 6:31pm On May 16, 2012
To those having issues with waec result,you can get an acknowledgement letter from waec stating that the result belongs to you and that there was an error on it,they normally send the letter directly to the ukba for authenticity.They used to charge like #5000 some years back,but am not sure if there has been an increment(fuel subsidy for don affect them too grin).Because correction of certificate takes time and am not sure if ukba will accept affidavit.Hope this helps.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlewoye(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2012
Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.