Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863975 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
ayonaledi: I plan to reapply on Friday. And this brings up another question: how long do I have to wait before applying again? Is the any rule of thumb as regards that?
No, u can apply as soon as ur documents are complete...
Give a thought to explaining ur own financial circumstances too, since ur income was mentioned in the refusal letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:15am On Nov 08, 2012
penfold:
No, u can apply as soon as ur documents are complete...
Give a thought to explaining ur own financial circumstances too, since ur income was mentioned in the refusal letter.

Really feeling ur responses @penfold, nice1 dis is getting interesting and i wish 2 read @ayonaledi's testimony here soon.
i questn i think u (@ayonaledi) av nt answered is who will run ur business wen ur away cus u stated dat ur sef employed, i suggest u write a letter stating who will be incharge of ur business while ur away n the person's willingness to look after it for u, i think that shld be a good reason, enof to convince the ECO of ur tie to ur home country.

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 08, 2012
Morning guys. @penfold I have been using my personal account all this while because I only recently registered my business name with CAC. I attached the statement for the required period and I explained in my form that I conduct accessories trainings and that's where I get my income from. And that after I return, I intend to start bag training as well as a bag factory. I attached one of my training fliers too and pictures from one of my training sessions. I dont know how else to explain my financial position to them

@omopapa I pray I can share positive news here regarding this issue. I fully intend to get it right this time around
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2012
Might I add here that I am one of 6 winners of Empowering women;connecting girls search 2012, an initiative aimed at recognizing young women in business. I was featured in BusinesDay newspaper and some of my work has also been featured in Sun Newspaper. I couldn't find the Sun feature clip out but I printed the BusinessDay feature from the Internet and I attached it to my application. My picture wasn't there but my name was mentioned and I highlighted that part of the clip out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2012
I will attach a tax clearance certificate for my personal account since its my personal account I've been using all this while. I hope that can suffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by g2db2do(m): 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2012
Factory work here in the UK OR DRUG??

NDLEA nabs 23-year-old student with 1.535kg of cocaine at Lagos Airport
http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/07/ndlea-nabs-23-year-old-student-1-535kg-cocaine-lagos-airport/?wt=2
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Good day justwise and everyone how much is to apply for student visa now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 2:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
ayonaledi: I will attach a tax clearance certificate for my personal account since its my personal account I've been using all this while. I hope that can suffice
I think that's why you were classified as a business visitor.
In law (Which the UKBA will reckon with) you are different from your company, so if the company doesnt pay tax,and doesnt have an operating account, its best to totally omit your company details. So,for this purpose, you are self employed, its ur personal account that you've been using to run the business and the taxes have been in your name, you are self employed!!!!
That will now bring us to the other crucial question, if you are self employed, what guarantee can you give UKBA that you will come back to Nigeria after your course?......Strong commitments....business dealings that are documented and that will require your presence.....investments....family ties...think, there must be something that will convince the ECO's naturally suspicious mind set!!!
By the way, I think you should calm down and not rush to submit....take your time and get it right!
(where is @Justwise sef?? He should come give his own input o!!!!!)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
penfold:
I think that's why you were classified as a business visitor.
In law (Which the UKBA will reckon with) you are different from your company, so if the company doesnt pay tax,and doesnt have an operating account, its best to totally omit your company details. So,for this purpose, you are self employed, its ur personal account that you've been using to run the business and the taxes have been in your name, you are self employed!!!!
That will now bring us to the other crucial question, if you are self employed, what guarantee can you give UKBA that you will come back to Nigeria after your course?......Strong commitments....business dealings that are documented and that will require your presence.....investments....family ties...think, there must be something that will convince the ECO's naturally suspicious mind set!!!
By the way, I think you should calm down and not rush to submit....take your time and get it right!
(where is @Justwise sef?? He should come give his own input o!!!!!)

He is probably on vacation lol grin grin grin
Nice work @ Penfold
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 08, 2012
dove30: Good day justwise and everyone how much is to apply for student visa now
Which country?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
@penfold. Thanks. Your exact explanation is what I gave them. I'm self employed, have been using my personal account to run my business and have been paying taxes in my name. The company sponsoring my course and entire trip has all the documentation. Tax certificates, cert of registration, bank statement etc. The only reason why I mentioned anything about my business is cos I ticked the self employed category. However, my mum's company is going to reonsible for all expenses
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Going to be responsible for all expenses**
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
fados4sure:
Which country?
. I was at the vfs centre today and the security was the one who attended to me when I said I was there for enquiry and he told me student visa for uk is 78,030 naira so just want to be sure so I don't get inside next week and be told something else.its the visa fee for student uk I need to know please guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotcomnamename: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
where is Kingjoe? Have u got ur visa? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by topsyking: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: where is Kingjoe? Have u got ur visa? grin
Yes I av..thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
ayonaledi: @penfold. Thanks. Your exact explanation is what I gave them. I'm self employed, have been using my personal account to run my business and have been paying taxes in my name. The company sponsoring my course and entire trip has all the documentation. Tax certificates, cert of registration, bank statement etc. The only reason why I mentioned anything about my business is cos I ticked the self employed category. However, my mum's company is going to reonsible for all expenses

Another point is whether your Mum has been authorized by the company to spend the company's resources on you.I mean documented authorization?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 09, 2012
Yes. I attached a Board Resolution in respect of the sponsorship, and a Letter of sponsorship. Both were signed by the company secretary and my mum (the director)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by switima: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2012
dove30: . I was at the vfs centre today and the security was the one who attended to me when I said I was there for enquiry and he told me student visa for uk is 78,030 naira so just want to be sure so I don't get inside next week and be told something else.its the visa fee for student uk I need to know please guys

are you serious. i tot it was 72,000. Is dis really true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
switima:

are you serious. i tot it was 72,000. Is dis really true
. Yeso o!switima I think the fee is correct because I checked on the website. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/fees1/?langname=UK%20English#resultTableAnchor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Alexapa22: 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
Check out this case"I have some cash in my account to show as evidence, though not the required amount.I was so lucky to get an official sponsorship(My local university) as defined by UKBA(official financial sponsor) and they promised to provide the remaining balance.What re d documents i need to show as evidence of fund available for my sponsorship? Will the letter from my local university stay for 28 days before i apply,also? Also my uncle that bears the same surname with me also volunteered to sponsor me.Can i use him,maybe as my father?and as well provide the necessary documents for proof.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
Alexapa22: Check out this case"I have some cash in my account to show as evidence, though not the required amount.I was so lucky to get an official sponsorship(My local university) as defined by UKBA(official financial sponsor) and they promised to provide the remaining balance.What re d documents i need to show as evidence of fund available for my sponsorship? Will the letter from my local university stay for 28 days before i apply,also? Also my uncle that bears the same surname with me also volunteered to sponsor me.Can i use him,maybe as my father?and as well provide the necessary documents for proof.

When dealing with the UKBA,Honesty is always the Best Policy.....why would you disown your father and start claiming that your Uncle is your father?
As par your other questions.....go through the first 10 pages of this thread...those questions and any others that you might have were considerably explained....including sponsorship requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Alexapa22: 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2012
Cn't locate this place..........the first 10 pages of this thread.Please guys i need to be cleared on this" about my local university sponsoring me.About honestly,i've always dealt with my prospective tier 4 sponsor and UKBA with pure honesty.The issue of my uncle was as a case of agreement amongst us and besides he has been sponsoring me academically since my secondary education.Just that he promised to show his statement but wouldn't transfer d money 2 my acc or my dad's.Please i need an urgent answer on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
Alexapa22: Cn't locate this place..........the first 10 pages of this thread.Please guys i need to be cleared on this" about my local university sponsoring me.About honestly,i've always dealt with my prospective tier 4 sponsor and UKBA with pure honesty.The issue of my uncle was as a case of agreement amongst us and besides he has been sponsoring me academically since my secondary education.Just that he promised to show his statement but wouldn't transfer d money 2 my acc or my dad's.Please i need an urgent answer on this.

Your local university can sponsor you as long as you meet the requirements for institutions that are allowed to sponsor. As Penfold said do yourself a favor and just read thru the beginning pages of this thread it has all been dealt with in great detail.

If your uncle wants to sponsor you, let him open an account for you in his bank with your name, deposit the money and freeze the account( by freezing I mean give specific instructions that the money can't be withdrawn by you). So you cant withdraw the money and when you get your visa he can unfreeze it and get his money back. No need to lie that your uncle is your Father as Penfold said honesty is always the best policy.

Justwise would always say the money you intend to show as your maintenance should be available to you. I hope it is so in your case so you don't just come to the UK here and put yourself in a difficult position. You should have enough money to cover your stay otherwise think twice.

My regards.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 9:38pm On Nov 12, 2012
@Donxavier,
Na u be dis!!
Howz Aberdeen,hope u've gathered enough jackets and Duvets o...heard its Cold up north there nowadays!
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
penfold: @Donxavier,
Na u be dis!!
Howz Aberdeen,hope u've gathered enough jackets and Duvets o...heard its Cold up north there nowadays!
Cheers

abi my bro i dey o grin grin grin how your side? yeah up north is crazy cold but i have adjusted.. All is going well and my schedules allows for part time work so it's going good... smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Alexapa22: 6:37am On Nov 13, 2012
I'm so happy for the way visa questions are thrown open and answered here.Please guys one more question,how will i know if my university meets up with UKBA requirements of an official financial sponsor?The university is Abia state University and i obtained my degree cert from them.To that effect,they promised to sponsor owing to my official position when i was with them.Also will the award/scholarship letter stay for 28 days also before the visa application?Please guys,help!help!!help!!! I've got lil time to my departure date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 13, 2012
Alexapa22: I'm so happy for the way visa questions are thrown open and answered here.Please guys one more question,how will i know if my university meets up with UKBA requirements of an official financial sponsor?The university is Abia state University and i obtained my degree cert from them.To that effect,they promised to sponsor owing to my official position when i was with them.Also will the award/scholarship letter stay for 28 days also before the visa application?Please guys,help!help!!help!!! I've got lil time to my departure date.

is it full scholarship?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:14am On Nov 13, 2012
Alexapa22: I'm so happy for the way visa questions are thrown open and answered here.Please guys one more question,how will i know if my university meets up with UKBA requirements of an official financial sponsor?The university is Abia state University and i obtained my degree cert from them.To that effect,they promised to sponsor owing to my official position when i was with them.Also will the award/scholarship letter stay for 28 days also before the visa application?Please guys,help!help!!help!!! I've got lil time to my departure date.

How much does the scholarship worth and how much is your school fees + maintenance money?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Alexapa22: 1:46pm On Nov 13, 2012
@ Donxavier,No,it is not a full scholarship.So,do you think the UKBA ofix'll recognise a letter from my institution?@ justwise,the scholarship is worth 7200 and i have tuition balance of 8300 to balance.My school fees and maintenance money summed up to 15,500 pounds.Also,you can reply to the question i asked Donxavier......looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoeja(f): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2012
I just want to share a testimony. I applied for my visa 2weeks ago. One of the requirement is that my account have a balance of 2.4mill. I only had 1.4. I had to borrow 1mill till I could print d bank statement. Unfortunately, d day after I printed d statement, I had to return d one mill. But I still applied though I had huge doubts. Just got my visa granted today. My doubts were so big I did nt even book a flight and I have to travel next week
But I thank God

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.