Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863874 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
ochuko eja: I just want to share a testimony. I applied for my visa 2weeks ago. One of the requirement is that my account have a balance of 2.4mill. I only had 1.4. I had to borrow 1mill till I could print d bank statement. Unfortunately, d day after I printed d statement, I had to return d one mill. But I still applied though I had huge doubts. Just got my visa granted today. My doubts were so big I did nt even book a flight and I have to travel next week
But I thank God

Congrats.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2012
Alexapa22: @ Donxavier,No,it is not a full scholarship.So,do you think the UKBA ofix'll recognise a letter from my institution?@ justwise,the scholarship is worth 7200 and i have tuition balance of 8300 to balance.My school fees and maintenance money summed up to 15,500 pounds.Also,you can reply to the question i asked Donxavier......looking forward to hearing from you

There is a requirement for how official letters of sponsorship look like and what they contain, it's somewhere on the earlier pages. There was a dude exactly with your kind of queries and he got all the support he needed. I will say it for the Umpteenth time please check the earlier pages and find it out.

Yes your university can sponsor you and the 28 day rule doesn't apply in this case.You just need the official letter of sponsorship from them. Since the scholarship is worth 7200 that already covers your maintenance if your school is outside london area so it just remains the tuition. The tuition money needs to be in your account or your parents account for 28 days. If your uncle is sponsoring you financially, let him pay the money to your account you cannot use his account.

Justwise may help you with the links.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kelorm(f): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2012
Hello justwIse. U are doing a very good job here and God will bless and protect u for helping people realize their dreams. I have read through on this topic and its really educating, I got all I needed to know about tier4 visa. I intend applying for a tier4 visa next month for Msc International Applied communication at university of central lancashire starting january 21st. I wanted to get married before doing that but there is no much time and my course is costing me so much. I would like my husband to join me later maybe may or june. My mum is sponsoring me. I wanted to transfer funds in my account so we apply together but I told my mum not to bother anymore. Please can I state in my application that I intend to come back during the holiday and get married to my fiancé in order for him to apply as my dependant considering the fact that am being sponsored by my mum. Am 26 years old I hope it doesn't matter and my course is 18 months. I have every other document intact and a good travel history
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2012
kelorm: Hello justwIse. U are doing a very good job here and God will bless and protect u for helping people realize their dreams. I have read through on this topic and its really educating, I got all I needed to know about tier4 visa. I intend applying for a tier4 visa next month for Msc International Applied communication at university of central lancashire starting january 21st. I wanted to get married before doing that but there is no much time and my course is costing me so much. I would like my husband to join me later maybe may or june. My mum is sponsoring me. I wanted to transfer funds in my account so we apply together but I told my mum not to bother anymore. Please can I state in my application that I intend to come back during the holiday and get married to my fiancé in order for him to apply as my dependant considering the fact that am being sponsored by my mum. Am 26 years old I hope it doesn't matter and my course is 18 months. I have every other document intact and a good travel history

You can if you want but its not really important but in application form don't select single, any option like engaged or fiance will be more appropriate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannywest: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2012
Donxavier:

There is a requirement for how official letters of sponsorship look like and what they contain, it's somewhere on the earlier pages. There was a dude exactly with your kind of queries and he got all the support he needed. I will say it for the Umpteenth time please check the earlier pages and find it out.

Yes your university can sponsor you and the 28 day rule doesn't apply in this case.You just need the official letter of sponsorship from them. Since the scholarship is worth 7200 that already covers your maintenance if your school is outside london area so it just remains the tuition. The tuition money needs to be in your account or your parents account for 28 days. If your uncle is sponsoring you financially, let him pay the money to your account you cannot use his account.

Justwise may help you with the links.

Oga no vex o, but there are 105 pages
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kelorm(f): 10:15am On Nov 16, 2012
justwise:

You can if you want but its not really important but in application form don't select single, any option like engaged or fiance will be more appropriate.

Thanks Justwise. Really appreciate your response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2012
kelorm:

Thanks Justwise. Really appreciate your response

All the best, communicate more with your fiance through emails and phone calls and keep the record of those communications because it will come handy when you want to apply for him.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannywest: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2012
justwise:

All the best, communicate more with your fiance through emails and phone calls and keep the record of those communications because it will come handy when you want to apply for him.

Please is this after travelling or before, and how do I keep records of phone calls? I want to apply for a visa later this month against mid-january & I'm in the same shoes as the OP.
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2012
dannywest:

lol grin grin grin I feel you. But you can search for by typing the specific keyword you want on the search space just under Nairaland forum at the top. For example, typing Official letter of Sponsorship gives you the links that take you to the page that is relevant and then you get what you want.

You may try it out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2012
dannywest:

Please is this after travelling or before, and how do I keep records of phone calls? I want to apply for a visa later this month against mid-january & I'm in the same shoes as the OP.
Thanks.

Especially after traveling when phone calls and emails becomes the means of communication between you two, if your are using contract line then the phone company will send you letter which contains a list of calls you have made for the month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
dannywest:

grin
grin grin

U never sabi wetin u wan put ur head into...better start reading now cuz 105 pages is peanuts compared to d volume of material u'll be required to digest when u start ur studies...UK Masters no be joke!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bigx(m): 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
penfold:
grin
grin grin

U never sabi wetin u wan put ur head into...better start reading now cuz 105 pages is peanuts compared to d volume of material u'll be required to digest when u start ur studies...UK Masters no be joke!!

No de put fear for my body na! U go do now I go use the money go rent shop for Alaba market abandon Masters me too de reason.. Lovely thread, been spying it from far for months
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bigx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
justwise:

Especially after traveling when phone calls and emails becomes the means of communication between you two, if your are using contract line then the phone company will send you letter which contains a list of calls you have made for the month.

Wonderful information you've been giving here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tominiyiE: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys, hope you remember me? (came here with dependants issue on page 61- 63). Now i am back with a testimony.
We have been given our entry clearance(Myself , my Spouse and my baby)and it was even up took 12 working days. I give glory to God for bringing this forum my way when
I was about applying. Don, Justwise, Penfold and every other person you guys are God's sent.
Donxavier, thank you so much for availing me the opportunity to send you mails personally and for sending me the right forms to fill.
I am sos so grateful. Na to pack bag remain now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by penfold(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
tominiyiE: Hey guys, hope you remember me? (came here with dependants issue on page 61- 63). Now i am back with a testimony.
We have been given our entry clearance(Myself , my Spouse and my baby)and it was even up took 12 working days. I give glory to God for bringing this forum my way when
I was about applying. Don, Justwise, Penfold and every other person you guys are God's sent.
Donxavier, thank you so much for availing me the opportunity to send you mails personally and for sending me the right forms to fill.
Wow...wow...wow...Congrats!!
Another proof of d fact that if you follow the rules,you'll be allright barring any 'village influence'
Congrats babe, enjoy ur studies!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
tominiyiE: Hey guys, hope you remember me? (came here with dependants issue on page 61- 63). Now i am back with a testimony.

so happy for you. best wishes.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2012

Congratulations, have a safe journey with your family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
Abeg i need some 9ja food stuffs like elubo and garri ijebu with some honey beans. Can anybody help me with? i'm craving for 9ja meal badly tired of chicken n chips . grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2012
Good day anyone in the house who submitted. His or her aapplication. Last week. Or recently?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by talk2D: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2012
I want to apply for UK student visa. I need cheap colleges/uni to apply. Can you recommend and what are the requirement i need to get the adm. And visa.Is there April/May admission? Thanks and God Bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:20am On Nov 20, 2012
omopapa: Abeg i need some 9ja food stuffs like elubo and garri ijebu with some honey beans. Can anybody help me with? i'm craving for 9ja meal badly tired of chicken n chips . grin grin grin

Where are you based?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:02pm On Nov 20, 2012
West Midlands. Birmingham/Wolverrhampton
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2012
omopapa: West Midlands. Birmingham/Wolverrhampton

Don't really know much about West midlands but I do know there is a sizeable Naija population there. I also know there are African shops where you can buy Naija foodstuffs there. All you have to do is enquire from thise who are there. You can try Somaga restaurant as well for delicious Naija dishes;

Somaga Restaurant
90 Bristol Street, Birmingham,
B5 7AH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmanuelson20: 3:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
Good Day House, Can i still apply for a Uk Student Visa for spring? Tanx~
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good Day House, Can i still apply for a Uk Student Visa for spring? Tanx~
. The ukba says that you can not apply more than 3 months before your course start date so it would depend on when in spring your course starts.people applying now are people who are starting course in january or february.if your course starts in april you can apply in january and if your course starts in march you can apply in december.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2012
Na wa o I asked if anyone submited application recently or is about to no reply shocked! Haba abi nigerians don dey run away from uk student visas!I sensed this will happen with all this new laws that came up.abeg where una dey go now is it malaysia or canada grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by topsyking: 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2012
dove30: Na wa o I asked if anyone submited application recently or is about to no reply shocked! Haba abi nigerians don dey run away from uk student visas!I sensed this will happen with all this new laws that came up.abeg where una dey go now is it malaysia or canada grin
Cyprus island...lol grin
dove30: Na wa o I asked if anyone submited application recently or is about to no reply shocked! Haba abi nigerians don dey run away from uk student visas!I sensed this will happen with all this new laws that came up.abeg where una dey go now is it malaysia or canada grin
Cyprus island...lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by emmanuelson20: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
dove30: . The ukba says that you can not apply more than 3 months before your course start date so it would depend on when in spring your course starts.people applying now are people who are starting course in january or february.if your course starts in april you can apply in january and if your course starts in march you can apply in december.
Tanx~ Pls, can u brief me about this 28 days issue with Bank Statement/Account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 11:39pm On Nov 21, 2012
topsyking:
Cyprus island...lol grin
Cyprus island...lol
. cheesy yes I guessed has much!!!!! I heard to get a visa to Cyprus is even easier than getting a visa to go and school in southafrica! The way dis uk schools dey increase fees dey drive NAIjA away o! And dis new law that says if it's not degree level no working permit too no help men issues and to top it all when u finish school no more post working visa kaiiii Na real wa !
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 11:47pm On Nov 21, 2012
=
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dove30: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2012
emmanuelson20: Tanx~ Pls, can u brief me about this 28 days issue with Bank Statement/Account?
. Go to page 0 of this thread you would see an introduction that gives you all you need to know concerning applying for your student visa ,after reading you can ask questions on any section you don't seem to understand wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 12:11am On Nov 22, 2012
Sunny_bobo:

Don't really know much about West midlands but I do know there is a sizeable Naija population there. I also know there are African shops where you can buy Naija foodstuffs there. All you have to do is enquire from thise who are there. You can try Somaga restaurant as well for delicious Naija dishes;

Somaga Restaurant
90 Bristol Street, Birmingham,
B5 7AH

Thanks amma check it out wen I'm less busy

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.