Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863584 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 9:35am On Aug 05, 2014
Emmagency:

1. Add every legal document you have in your possession to prove your credibility and genuineness..

2. Yes, you can print your statement and also apply on the 28th day.. (Like I did mine) You can also print the statement on the day you're going to apply (even though the 28 days ultimatum completed some days back). The rule is that the bank statement must not be more than one month old. Meaning if your 28 days period is from 1st-28th of july, you can print it and apply with it anytime during 29th-28th August.

3. It's no problem. As long as it's a valid address...Will you be staying with them during your stay?

Thanks @ Emmagency
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:53am On Aug 05, 2014
akmoses:

thanks @ justwise

Let me clarify something about your question 2 because i don't want to give you wrong impression.

Those documents are not needed for student visa application, they are materials for visiting visa or other type of visa applications.

With student visa application there is nothing like showing home tie or source of your income.

Good luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2014
justwise:

Let me clarify something about your question 2 because i don't want to give you wrong impression.

Those documents are not needed for student visa application, they are materials for visiting visa or other type of visa applications.

With student visa application there is nothing like showing home tie or source of your income.

Good luck

NOTED
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hi eveyone,pls can Sumone kindly help me wit contact details of vac ikeja as am in the uk and all my original documents have been sent to vac ikeja ,I need to contact dem on how to gt my documents back to me in the uk.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
damyoyepitan: Hi eveyone,pls can Sumone kindly help me wit contact details of vac ikeja as am in the uk and all my original documents have been sent to vac ikeja ,I need to contact dem on how to gt my documents back to me in the uk.thanks

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by damyoyepitan(f): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
spikesC:

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/
thanks spikes but I have checked that deg have no contact details dere as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
Hello all, i have just started filling my uk student visa application. is there a difference between tier 4 (general) student and tier 4 general sponsored student?
i have a full scholarship worth 94000pounds (to cover tuition, maintenance and return ticket) at the rate of 264naira to a pound. however the current rate is like 287/290. the total, using this new rate still covers my tuition and maintenance funds. can i still present this scholarship letter as it is or i have to still show an account balance to make it up to 94000pounds at the current rate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2014
Emmagency:

Lool.. This is the very first time I'm seeing this sort of question here..

Here's how to go.

1. Take a bus to Oshodi (Don't get to Oshodi Isale Oooh)
2. Get a bus to Ikeja (Alight at Onigbongbo Bus Stop)
3. Cross to the other side, walk forward a little and take the first corner by your left.
4. Ask for Mike Otedola Crescent (You'll be directed to take a Keke Napep)
5. At the gate of the crescent, just tell them you're going to 'IOM'
You are right. I'm not lagos resident and plan to visit my sis then do my tb test. I'ii be coming from Iyano ipaja. How do I go about it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by beautyuche: 2:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
DonOms:

That's sounding as if it has not been dispatched to the UPS hub but it is impossible to delay your package for 3 days. My advice is that you calm down first. Have you tracked it via VFS site? Whatever the VFS tracking says will decide your next action - i.e. if you should call UKVI, VFS or UPS.

This is taking long oooo the new status is "processed passport is in transit to uk visa operations center" its been this way two days now.....Still waiting dont even know how long dis new status will last as the last one lasted about 4 days after i got d confirmation mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paragraph: 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
I have been an ardent follower of this wonderful and helpful thread and I feel the need to appreciate @justwise, @spikeC and others. I just got my visa today. Thanks for the incredible work you guys are doing. Please, I would like to confirm if the international drivers licence from Nigeria is acceptable in d UK. Thanks once again!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
paragraph: I have been an ardent follower of this wonderful and helpful thread and I feel the need to appreciate @justwise, @spikeC and others. I just got my visa today. Thanks for the incredible work you guys are doing. Please, I would like to confirm if the international drivers licence from Nigeria is acceptable in d UK. Thanks once again!

Yes, but ask for UK own specifically. It costs 15,000 and valid for a year

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
beautyuche:

This is taking long oooo the new status is "processed passport is in transit to uk visa operations center" its been this way two days now.....Still waiting dont even know how long dis new status will last as the last one lasted about 4 days after i got d confirmation mail.
I guess you just have to be a little patient. Start tracking it on the UPS site as the VFS site status may not change immediately your package is dispatched.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunvick(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
guiddoti: You are right. I'm not lagos resident and plan to visit my sis then do my tb test. I'ii be coming from Iyano ipaja. How do I go about it?

From Iyana ipaja take a bus #100 straight to oshodi then continue ur journey as already directed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
beautyuche:

Where did u submit? Ikeja or VI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Goodevening everyone. The information I have gathered here has been extremely useful I must confess and I wish to appreciate everyone's meaningful contribution especially Mr.Justwise. I am having a little issue though. I just tried registering on the UK website so that I can apply for my Visa and book an appointment date. It keeps telling me that my registration is unsuccessful. I don't know what the problem is. Could it be that the website is up only during working hours?
Please a reply will be highly appreciated.
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chi4b82(f): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls I have deposited money in my acct now for the 28days period. While I am waiting for the 28days before I apply for students visa, can I apply for Botswana visa? Will love to go there before going to UK. Will it affect my uk visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
justwise baba
this thing as since some days past now has been bordering me about our visa
its this EBOLA issue hope its not gonna make our visa a bit more difficult as the day passes on?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by catherine0709: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls House i would like to ask if a nigerian student can drive in UK with either nigeria licence or int'l one? and for how long?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
catherine0709: Pls House i would like to ask if a nigerian student can drive in UK with either nigeria licence or int'l one? and for how long?

You should get a UK international driving license, issued in Nigeria. It is valid for 1 year

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
chi4b82: Pls I have deposited money in my acct now for the 28days period. While I am waiting for the 28days before I apply for students visa, can I apply for Botswana visa? Will love to go there before going to UK. Will it affect my uk visa application?

Ofcourse you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2014
bidibudi: justwise baba
its this EBOLA issue hope its not gonna make our visa a bit more difficult as the day passes on?

grin grin grin

21 days quarantine at POE
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by souljaboi51(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
hello all, @justwise, u r doing a great job here. well, i just collected my visa today and would be going to coventry uni for my masters in sept.
for those who their visa is still in transit, pls be patient, you would get it. i wish everybody the best of luck in every every

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
souljaboi51: hello all, @justwise, u r doing a great job here. well, i just collected my visa today and would be going to coventry uni for my masters in sept.
for those who their visa is still in transit, pls be patient, you would get it. i wish everybody the best of luck in every every

When and where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by souljaboi51(m): 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
spikesC:

When and where did you apply?

17th of july...ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2014
Please can I get a reply? Someone, anyone

ruksy: Goodevening everyone. The information I have gathered here has been extremely useful I must confess and I wish to appreciate everyone's meaningful contribution especially Mr.Justwise. I am having a little issue though. I just tried registering on the UK website so that I can apply for my Visa and book an appointment date. It keeps telling me that my registration is unsuccessful. I don't know what the problem is. Could it be that the website is up only during working hours?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
bidibudi: justwise baba

I doubt that, delay at POE?....may be.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: Goodevening everyone. The information I have gathered here has been extremely useful I must confess and I wish to appreciate everyone's meaningful contribution especially Mr.Justwise. I am having a little issue though. I just tried registering on the UK website so that I can apply for my Visa and book an appointment date. It keeps telling me that my registration is unsuccessful. I don't know what the problem is. Could it be that the website is up only during working hours?
Thank you

Which website are you using?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
souljaboi51: hello all, @justwise, u r doing a great job here. well, i just collected my visa today and would be going to coventry uni for my masters in sept.

Congratulation!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa
that is the webby I am using.

justwise:

Which website are you using?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

You use this for Visa application

visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2014
It took me back to the same page that is showing my registration is unsuccessful. Still did not work.

spikesC:

visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2014
ruksy: https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

spikesC:
visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Try that and see

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.