Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,850 members, 7,798,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863376 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
DonOms:

You mentioned having £97000 and that's why I answered you the way I did before. Ideally, you need to show money evidence for one year. So if you have the one-year money paid to you by TETFund already, then you can apply as a Tier4(General). But if the money is not in your account, then you must use the letter to apply as a Tier4(Sponsored) student.
I will apply as a tier 4 (Sponsored) then, because picking tier 4 (general) means counting 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by akmoses: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Emmagency: Hello house!!

Just received a mail that my application has been approved and my visa issued about an hour ago... I'm just so happy because to be honest, I kinda had some doubts about the application thing which was the final hurdle in the journey to studying in the UK... Still can't believe it..

Thanks to everyone who gave their opinions when I had my questions...

God Bless!!

congrats.

guess u submitted at ikeja? what and what did you submit and what was the credibility interview questions like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2014

Just received a mail that my application has been approved and my visa issued about an hour ago... I'm just so happy because to be honest, I kinda had some doubts about the application thing which was the final hurdle in the journey to studying in the UK... Still can't believe it..

God Bless!!

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2014

God Bless!!

Congrats cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2014

God Bless!!

Congratulations. Where did you submit and how long did it take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 5:55pm On Aug 07, 2014

God Bless!!

Congratulations!!

@SpikesC and @Sashacoleman...have you heard anything from teleperformance?.. do you know if anybody has gotten their passport back from them?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
sassybee:

Congratulations!!

@SpikesC and @Sashacoleman...have you heard anything from teleperformance?.. do you know if anybody has gotten their passport back from them?

Nothing yet. But a guy in the general section has.
He got his visa on the 5th. Applied on the 10th, Visiting visa i think

He's just saying it now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
kemkem30:
I will apply as a tier 4 (Sponsored) then, because picking tier 4 (general) means counting 28 days.

You didn't answer his critical question.

1. Was the total amount of £97,000 stated on the official letter of sponsorship?

2. Was any of them deposited into your account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
sassybee:

Congratulations!!

Nothing yet. This has taken too long
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2014

God Bless!!

Congratulations Bro. am hoping to have a reason to write my own thank you post to all soon too...

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by souljaboi51(m): 6:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
beautyuche:

I applied 14 July Ikeja.... Now I dont know what to think anymore

dis one is serious o. Am sure u wld get it...no shaking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
akmoses:

congrats.

guess u submitted at ikeja? what and what did you submit and what was the credibility interview questions like?

Yea.. Ikeja... it was pretty easy....its hardly different from the basics.. just have what you're going to talk about before hand...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by souljaboi51(m): 6:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
Emmagency:

Congratulations man... #GoodLuck

thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
dannyabba:

Congratulations. Where did you submit and how long did it take?

Ikeja... 11 working days

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2014
One of my friends plans to deposit his maintenance fund on august 15th. After calculation, sept 11th will complete the 28 days. And the school will resume on sept 26. My question is: how possible can he get the visa or is it safe to apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 7:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
guiddoti: One of my friends plans to deposit his maintenance fund on august 15th. After calculation, sept 11th will complete the 28 days. And the school will resume on sept 26. My question is: how possible can he get the visa or is it safe to apply?

The 28days is 12th September. If he can submit on that same day, then he has just 10 working days for processing and that is very risky.
Tell him to ask for extra 2 weeks from the school, which should have even be given to him, and then submit at Abuja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Anyi3(m): 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
Good evening peeps.
Please a question for people who have booked for the TB test.
Is it possible to just walk into the centre and do the test? or must I book an appointment?

Also can I book via email or strictly their telephone?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ZaraOli: 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hello house, pls what time can one pick up the TB test result at the IOM office on Friday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 8:12pm On Aug 07, 2014
spikesC:

The 28days is 12th September. If he can submit on that same day, then he has just 10 working days for processing and that is very risky.
Tell him to ask for extra 2 weeks from the school, which should have even be given to him, and then submit at Abuja.
I guess too. Can he apply for visa online on the sept 12 or apply before the 12? Can he apply thru Lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2014
guiddoti: I guess too. Can he apply for visa online on the sept 12 or apply before the 12? Can he apply thru Lagos?

He can fill the form and confirm it before 12th and then pay on the morning of that 12th, print his docs and go for submission.
He can apply at Ikeja. I only stated Abuja because they are very very fast
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2014
Anyi3: Good evening peeps.
Please a question for people who have booked for the TB test.
Is it possible to just walk into the centre and do the test? or must I book an appointment?

Also can I book via email or strictly their telephone?

Thanks

You must book for an appointment first and can book via email or telephone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
spikesC:

He can fill the form and confirm it before 12th and then pay on the morning of that 12th, print his docs and go for submission.
He can apply at Ikeja. I only stated Abuja because they are very very fast
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Anyi3(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
spikesC:

You must book for an appointment first and can book via email or telephone
Gracias
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
With regards to securing a job after school

The biggest obstacle to getting a job after graduation is work permit, very few companies are willing to sponsor foreign students for a job in the UK or EU
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Keith101: Hi everyone, just got my visa approval e-mail. Submitted at the Abuja centre on the 31st of July. Thanks to Justwise and everyone for all the useful information gotten from this thread.
congrats to you keith101 all the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2014
justwise:

Your bank card and some cash for immediate needs in the UK.

@justwise u know saying the truth here is the way out
my schl fees is 12900
deposited 3500
going to pay 5000 wen i arrive in the uk (will be going with the cash )
accommodation is 3440
payed reservation fee of 500
going to pay 1000 pounds getting there(with the cash @ hand)
cash @ hand for personal use for me that i ll be going with is 1000 for upkeep
total cash @ hand will be 7000
TOTAL money is 20280( fees 12900, maintenance 7380)
i ve payed a total of 4000 here in Nigeria
ll be going with 7000 cash
having a total of 9280 + or -
i intend paying the rest @ installment
with my business here in Nigeria little by little
what is my position here baba justwise and fellow landers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
Emmagency:

Yea.. Ikeja... it was pretty easy....its hardly different from the basics.. just have what you're going to talk about before hand...
congratulations to u @ Emmergency
all the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2014
bidibudi:

my schl fees is 12900
deposited 3500
accommodation is 3440

Your calculation is confusing....

1.Are you going with the remaining school fees?

2. Apart from £500 deposit for accommodation how much are you going with for maintenance?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
bidibudi:

my schl fees is 12900
deposited 3500
accommodation is 3440

The question you should ask yourself is this:

1. What's the minimum guaranteed income per month from your business
2. What if your business fails, is there a way out for you
3. How many months do you think that £1000 will sustain you for? Have you made an accurate calculation of your future expenses?

Your outstanding bill is:
Fees: 4400
Accomodation: 1940

4. Do you think your business will be able to fund the above when it is required to be paid?
And also fund your living expenses?

I presume you're going for masters, and you'll be very busy that it would be hard for you to get and maintain a job in the UK.

5. So, can you sincerely assure yourself that your business will fund all the needed expenses within the required time frame?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by catherine0709: 12:00am On Aug 08, 2014
HI,will every student who applied for their Tier 4 student Visas be contacted with ''approval'' email once positive? or just at random? Might be a silly question, do not mind me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:59am On Aug 08, 2014
catherine0709: HI,will every student who applied for their Tier 4 student Visas be contacted with ''approval'' email once positive? or just at random? Might be a silly question, do not mind me.

It's random
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Kansola01: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm new here. One question pls, is it everyone that gets the message 'Your visa application has been approved and issued', even if the person was rejected? Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.