Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (863995 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2012
EmmaIK:

Good day all.
@ Justwise, pls I need assistance. I have aan unconditional offer from a Highly Trusted Sponsor. Do I need to write an english language test like IELTS?
Also how do I proceed coz I already have the funds for my fees.
Also pls advice me on how I should go about securing accommodation becoz d university halls are quite expensive. If I get one through Gumtree or UNITE is it accepptable to the BHC wen I apply for my visa?
Thanks and God bless.

The uni will tell you if you need to write any English language test, it should be stated in your CAS as well.

If you have your CAS and have had your money for 28days in your account then you can apply.

You don't need to secure accommodation before applying for visa, its not part of the requirements, as long as you have your maintenance fees then you are fine.

Don't pay anybody from Gumtree a penny until you get to the UK, see the room, sign tenancy agreement before paying else you are in for a scam.

You can pay for just a semester accommodation with your school and rent privately after the first semester.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thank you for you help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by toyinajani(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
I got an offer of admission for post graduate study in u.k for sept. 2012 intake.
I have not written IELTS. it is not mention in the letter!
My question is
(1) Am i supposed to write this English Test?
i need your advice before i proced to make payment for deposit for CAS to be issued!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
toyinajani:

I got an offer of admission for post graduate study in u.k for sept. 2012 intake.
I have not written IELTS. it is not mention in the letter!
My question is
(1) Am i supposed to write this English Test?
i need your advice before i proced to make payment for deposit for CAS to be issued!

Write your admission office, they will tell you straight away if you need to write one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by toyinajani(m): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
Thank you Justwise, i will certainly do that and keep you posted!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
toyinajani:

Thank you Justwise, i will certainly do that and keep you posted!

No worries, though i don't think you need to write one, just get written confirmation from them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 6:02am On Feb 12, 2012
justwise:

It normally take between 3-15 working days, during busy time it takes upto a month.

Who did you pay your living expenses to?

I paid the living expenses to the school. Was made to understand by my agent that the school would deduct the accomodation fee, then open a seperate acct in my name then leave the balance their for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

I paid the living expenses to the school. Was made to understand by my agent that the school would deduct the accomodation fee, then open a seperate acct in my name then leave the balance their for me.

I never heard of that before, you supposed to have your maintenance money(living expenses) in your bank account in Nigeria in your name, after 28days you print the bank statement and attach it with your visa application form and submit for visa.

Now if you have paid for accommodation with your school, it will be re-ducted from the maintenance money, for example. . . if your school is outside London and you have paid £4000 for accommodation then what you need to have in your account for maintenance money is £1400 but if your school is in London then its £7200-£4000

The school will not open an account for you, you will do that when you get to the UK.

I don't know where your agent got that from.

How much was in the bank statement you submitted for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 10:33am On Feb 12, 2012
@justwise, i havent applied for the visa. am doing that on tuesday. the agent said the CAS would contain a break down of all the fees i've paid to the school. it would also show that i have remmited the accomdation and living expenses to the school that the ukba would not need to ask for my bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

@justwise, i havent applied for the visa. am doing that on tuesday. the agent said the CAS would contain a break down of all the fees i've paid to the school. it would also show that i have remmited the accomdation and living expenses to the school that the ukba would not need to ask for my bank statement.

Yes the CAS will show that u have paid school fees and accommodation but you don't pay living expenses to the school, let me get this clear: Does your accommodation includes feeding? If yes, how much did you pay for accommodation and feeding?

Is your school in London or outside London?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 11:13am On Feb 12, 2012
justwise:

Yes the CAS will show that u have paid school fees and accommodation but you don't pay living expenses to the school, let me get this clear: Does your accommodation includes feeding? If yes, how much did you pay for accommodation and feeding?

Is your school in London or outside London?

i paid the whole accomodation and living expenses to the school ( 5400). it dosent include feeding. like i told you, the agent said the accomodation would be deducted from the 5400 nd would send the rest to my account as living expenses. the school is in nothingham
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

i paid the whole accomodation and living expenses to the school ( 5400). it dosent include feeding. like i told you, the agent said the accomodation would be deducted from the 5400 nd would send the rest to my account as living expenses. the school is in nothingham

Ok, you need to know how much is your accommodation and how will be left from that £5400

Nottingham is outside london so your maintenance money is £5400, after deducting the accommodation fees the remaining money should be in your account for 28days AND the ECO want to see the bank statement showing that amount.

Your school will not open an account for you, they will only give you a letter to open an account WHEN you get to the UK. even if the school has opened an account for you (which i doubt) you still need to show the bank statement as an evidence.

Your agent is wrong, the ECO wants to see the bank statement of the remaining money. Your CASE will only confirm the school fees and the accommodation, the expenses will not be mention in your CASE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2012
Thanks for your help. I just have a couple more questions.

1. My admission is for September entry. How soon can I apply for my visa coz last year I left it too late.

2. I had 2 visa rejections last year due to: I submitted my dad's company account statement and d second time d ECO said it was past my late registration date by about 2 weeks.
If I apply now, will my past 2 rejections put me in a negative angle?
Thank you.
justwise:

The uni will tell you if you need to write any English language test, it should be stated in your CAS as well.

If you have your CAS and have had your money for 28days in your account then you can apply.

You don't need to secure accommodation before applying for visa, its not part of the requirements, as long as you have your maintenance fees then you are fine.

Don't pay anybody from Gumtree a penny until you get to the UK, see the room, sign tenancy agreement before paying else you are in for a scam.

You can pay for just a semester accommodation with your school and rent privately after the first semester.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:36pm On Feb 12, 2012
EmmaIK:

Thanks for your help. I just have a couple more questions.

1. My admission is for September entry. How soon can I apply for my visa coz last year I left it too late.

2. I had 2 visa rejections last year due to: I submitted my dad's company account statement and d second time d ECO said it was past my late registration date by about 2 weeks.
If I apply now, will my past 2 rejections put me in a negative angle?
Thank you.

Applying now will be far too early, apply by May or early June, the previous two refusals will not affect your application as long as you acknowledged in your application that you were refused a visa before and explained why.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olaoluwa13: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2012
@emmaik,pls how do u get cas without Toefl,pls kindly give me d detail of skul that gave u admission pls cause am interested . dis is my mail raheemolalekanusman134@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2012
@justwise
I would see my agent tomorrow and would relay what she says to you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

@justwise
I would see my agent tomorrow and would relay what she says to you.

I really hope that the agent is not taking you for a ride because you don't pay living expenses to the school AND school will not open an account for you even before you get to UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2012
I just hope am not being misled, just sat for ielts exam nd passed. That's wats been delaying the CAS. would have applied since
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

I just hope am not being misled, just sat for ielts exam nd passed. That's wats been delaying the CAS. would have applied since

I'm 100% sure that you don't pay living expenses to school and school will not open bank account for you, they will give you letter to do that, you can't even open bank account in the UK without your passport and your student ID.

All you pay to the school is your school fees, paying for accommodation is not necessary because its not part of visa requirement as long as you have the maintenance money (£5400) in your bank account for 28days you will still be given a visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EmmaIK: 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
@Werley.
Just to add. I'm 100% sure dat u can't pay anytin oda dan ur fees & accommodation 2 ur skool.
Last year I hd d same problem coz I couldn't leave it in d bank 4 28 days. After emailing d skool, d Head of admissions called me in person to say dat dey aren't allowed 2 by d UKBA. Just be sure.

@Ola, I'll email u later.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
But now that have paid it to the school. What do I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

But now that have paid it to the school. What do I do?

Find out first how much your agent paid for accommodation.

When its ur school resuming?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2012
I paid everything directly to the school myself through bank transfer. School is resuming in 2wks feb28
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

I paid everything directly to the school myself through bank transfer. School is resuming in 2wks feb28

You really need to find out how much the actual fee for accommodation. The school will refund you the balance when you get to the UK

Do you have any money in your account in Nigeria? Or your daddy, mums's account? That could be a way out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2012
I had to drain my parents to pay the fees. I don't fink they have money like that nd even they do its not in their account. Plus its to late to start putting money in the account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

I had to drain my parents to pay the fees. I don't fink they have money like that nd even they do its not in their account. Plus its to late to start putting money in the account.

If they have anything between £500 to £1000 then you will be fine.

You really need to find out how much the accommodation is that will help you figure out what next to do.

If the accommodation is £5000 for example, £400 is not enough to cover your feeding, phone bills, transport and book for a year.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 6:01pm On Feb 12, 2012
The accomodation is gonna cost about 3800. But how get the rest back. Will the school give me a refund nd if they do, its useless cos I need it here in my acct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Feb 12, 2012
werlay:

The accomodation is gonna cost about 3800. But how get the rest back. Will the school give me a refund nd if they do, its useless cos I need it here in my acct

In that case the school will refund you £1600 which will be enough but you need to convince the school to include this in your CASE or write a separate letter addressed to ECO promising to refund you that money as soon as you get to Uk, that you over paid the accommodation fees, that you are entitled to a refund of £1600
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2012
justwise:

In that case the school will refund you £1600 which will be enough but you need to convince the school to include this in your CASE or write a separate letter addressed to ECO promising to refund you that money as soon as you get to Uk, that you over paid the accommodation fees, that you are entitled to a refund of £1600

I think that's the best thing to do. And that should even take a shorter time for visa approval. I don't get to contact the school directly, my agent does all that for me. You should know them KAPLAN Colleges/ Preparation for Life (PFL).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 11:55am On Feb 13, 2012
@justwise

I spoke with my agent today and she said the CAS would confirm the total payments. I would be the one to open an account and the school would send the refund to my acct. She said most people are not familiar with this kind of process because they do not pay the whole fees @ once, instead they prefer to leave in the bank for 28days. She said I shouldn't worry that I won't need to tender any bank statement since all the fees I need are in the uk already.

What do you say about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2012
werlay:

@justwise

I spoke with my agent today and she said the CAS would confirm the total payments. I would be the one to open an account and the school would send the refund to my acct. She said most people are not familiar with this kind of process because they do not pay the whole fees @ once, instead they prefer to leave in the bank for 28days. She said I shouldn't worry that I won't need to tender any bank statement since all the fees I need are in the uk already.

What do you say about this?

Your school fees got nothing to do with maintenance money, accommodation is just one part of your maintenance money. You still need to show the ECO how you will pay for other expenses apart accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by werlay(m): 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2012
That's wat she sed, She sed the school would acknowledge in the CAS that all funds that would allow me leave comfortablly is with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.