Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73379 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uidhk7ioYO0

This happened in 2009, but the video wasn't posted on Youtube until last month. Evidence:
papa giddy: infact bishop get gut o! come see how bishop Oyedepo slapped a demon possessed woman who claim to be " witch for Jesus"
may God contiune to bless my father in the Lord bishop OYEDEPO
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-365919.0.html#msg5113191
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

So, she came out only to be told she is not fit for 'deliverance'.

What warranted slapping her?

Is Christianity not meant to be the religion of love?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by PastorKun(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
Is Oledepo a christian in the first instance
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
Pastor Kun:

Is Oledepo a christian in the first instance

Did you consider asking yourself that question? cool
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
niassawa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Uidhk7ioYO0

Can somebody please "interprete" for us the reason that girl deserved a slap?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by LagosShia: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2011
so these are the beast of men that claim to be possessed by "holy ghost"?

now they are slapping people who seek them!!!!

wonders shall never end with these possessed and fanatical christians!!!! muhahahahahaha
  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stormm: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2011
Oyedepo is the DEVIL! Shame on his fanatical followers, shame on his false ministrations.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by OmoPastor(m): 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ all the angered posters.

Allow me transcribe this girls encounter with the MOG for you:

MOG:, is broken in the name of Jesus.
Congregation: Amen
MOG: (talking to the girl) you've been there how long?
Girl: am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: you are what?
Girl: am, my own "winch" is for Jesus. I don't use,
MOG: you are a foul devil! Do you know who you are talking to? Foul devil (gives girl slap). Where are you from?
Girl: Am from Imo state.
MOG: when did you join witchcraft?
Girl: Am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: Jesus has not witches, you are a devil. You are not set for deliverance, you are free to go to hell.

@ dare2think
So, she came out only to be told she is not fit for 'deliverance'.
yea she came out for deliverance but she was surely not ready for deliverance. No one can force you into deliverance, you must willingly accept it. Did you listen to what she said? All you cared about was the slap which was actually as a result of her utterance. She was not fit for deliverance meaning she was not ready for deliverance, thats the reason the MOG said she was free (i.e @ her own will) to go to hell.

What warranted slapping her?
Her blasphemous utterance associating Jesus with devils activity which is witchcraft! It is not acceptable and very demonic statement. She knew what she was doing by say that. Do you think she came out for deliverance? She came out to utter those words in order to confuse the congregation and perpetrate her evil schemes. She deserved more than the slap but the slap was a demonstration of Jesus' victory over the devil who is her master. She was uttering what the devil put on her lips because she was surely possessed. So live with it bro!!!

Is Christianity not meant to be the religion of love?
Christianity is NOT a religion of love rather Christianity is love and love is Christianity.

Finally, you poster is clearly ignorant of what transpires in the spiritual realm. The devil is at constant war and struggle with God for the souls of men, so he does not play fair. He will do anything and everything to get the souls of men. If you are aware of this spiritual struggle, you will not be surprised at that slap because the implication of the girls statement is deep but you are blind and all you could see was the slap!

The girl is an agent and she was very bold to utter those words right before the MOG of that calibre! So she received just a token of disrespecting the MOG. But mind you, the words uttered by the MOG is even more devastating than the slap cos the girl must genuinely repent and seek forgiveness from the MOG which she will get if she's genuinely repented.

Have you ever been attacked by demonically possessed before? If you do not know anything about this, please stop the shout about the slap before you are slapped yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 3:27pm On Dec 17, 2011
^^^^^
" She came out to utter those words in order to confuse the congregation and perpetrate her evil schemes"

"She deserved more than the slap but the slap was a demonstration of Jesus' victory over the devil who is her master"

Please explain the above.

Are you justifying violence against people including children accused of possessing demonic spirits?

Has her mental state being taken into consideration?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Onyocha: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2011
@OmoPastor

so we should be expecting pastors to be throwing more slaps around because based on your words christians don't have a mind of their own!!! grin

pastors are now specialized in slapping!!!!  wink

if it was a muslim sheikh that slapped someone for "blasphemy",the whole world would have carried the news and start to bash muslims and blame the action on Islam itself.

but when it is a pastor,nothing is wrong!!!

pastors="slappers"  grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2011
What kind of crockpot calls herself a witch for Jesus?

Seriously, something is wrong with some people.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2011
Will watch the video later.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2011
Her statements might have been misconstrued as she clearly lacks proper English language composition.

However, she showed no aggression or violence that would warrant the reply and physical abuse that she got.

This is a clear case of abuse.

Oyedepo is a coward for bullying an innocent person that seemed to have come to him for help/prayer/deliverance.

Would Jesus have slapped that poor girl?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thehomer: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
This is the problem with the religious faithful. Here we have a man in authority battering a poor young woman and still people can see nothing wrong with it? Some even cheered. They cheered the public beating and humiliation of a young lady. The man battered the young lady after calling her names then proceeded to damn her to hell? And this man is considered as being a good man and a bishop?

This is an example of how religion warps people's moral sensibilities.

I wonder if the man hasn't come across people who claim to be sent from God or who are in fact, Jesus. If he hasn't, he could ask around for psychiatrists to tell him of such common cases.

Maybe what the young lady needed was some emotional support or psychiatric/psychological help instead, he does what ignorant people do. He joins them in tormenting and oppressing the vulnerable lady.

What a shame.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thehomer: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2011
@ OmoPastor

Here you are defending the indefensible. Is it in Oyedepo's place to punish a victimless crime like blasphemy (if that is what we saw)?

People like Oyedepo simply promote this idea of young ladies as witches. If that is so, why didn't he call for her murder like they did in Saudi Arabia? Isn't that what the Bible calls for? He has declared her to be a witch publicly. If she is murdered, her blood will be on his hands. What a charlatan.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sammy79(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2011
dare2think- I completely agree with your view. This is clear case of abuse. Should we abuse the 'flesh' (humans) in the name of God or in God's defense instead of dealing with the evil in them? We do not wrestle with flesh and blood. Where is wisdom? Jesus didn't beat Mary up before she was delivered from her demonic possession? Even when Ananias and Sapphira lied to Peter, they were not bitten up but Peter just spoke the word of God (not in judgement) but instead, what God had determined against them. God directly executed the judgement in this case. Physical abuse, especially without any positive outcome, has no biblical basis.

In my opinion, the girl surely need some form of help but completely naive and ignorant. This is reflected in her words. I would recommend taking her aside for further examination (private medical/spiritual counseling and deliverance session) instead of slapping her publicly and telling her to go to hell because she is not ready for deliverance. I think a little show of compassion could have made all the difference and not a public show!

I don't agree with this act in any way and those who feel that the the girl had the effrontery to confront the MOG of such 'caliber' should not forget that we all are humans but operating with grace under God.It is not to dispute whether the call of God on the life of the Bishop is genuine or not. We all should be able to discern the truth and operation of the spirit of God.

God help us Church.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by plaetton: 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
@sammy79, the Homer, dare2think and Onyeocha,
You have all said what is in my mind. I am sooooo angry. Nigerian has been turned into one giant insane asylum by these sleevebags.
This thieving , f, ng douchbag should be arrested for battery and assault.

@Tpia, I expected better from you.

@omopastor, I cannot come up with the right words to properly describe which species or animal kingdom you belong to.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Outstrip(f): 5:27pm On Dec 17, 2011
OmoPastor you need to stop adding lies to the bad bahavior displayed here. That man assaulted her. he had no right to hit her even if she called his mother a cow. How is he different from fanatical muslims that assualt someone because mohammed is insulted. What nonsense. Further more is he casting out the devil or the physical woman herself. So because she uttered those words she should go back and keep suffering if indeed he believes that she is in bondage. You people are talking out of both sides of your mouth. SMH. That woman obviously has a mental illness and needs help unfortunately she fell into the hands of this man. Hopefully he has not made it worse for her. What a dissapointment
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by VoodooDoll(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2011
This man is no bishop.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by LeMoor(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2011
I dont now which is worse(sadder in this case), the slap or the pathetic justification i just read from Omopastor,
Shameful,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2011
Moderators,

Please put this on the front page so as to showcase the abuse perpetrated by this charlatan.

If indeed he is the 'Man of God' silly people ascribe him to be, the straight-forward thing  would have been to un-demonize her and show her the love and compassion Jesus or any right-thinking person would have done.

This is the 'big-man' mentality that is destroying our nation and continent, over-sized egoistic and narcissistic individuals under the fraudulent guise of 'Man of God' perpetrating wickedness on innocent people.

If the 'witch' is the issue, why not deliver her rather than assualting her to cover his incompetency and fraud. And the silly ignorant crowd were cheering on as though a victory had just been accomplished.

Opium for the masses indeed.

That is someone's daughter/sister/friend  for God's sake.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by iyeyemi: 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
If this had been one 'local' pastor or a white garment prophet, the same people supporting the act would be the same ones crying foul.

1 Like

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by MAURI: 5:46pm On Dec 17, 2011
This is the problem with the religious faithful. Here we have a man in authority battering a poor young woman and still people can see nothing wrong with it? Some even cheered. They cheered the public beating and humiliation of a young lady. The man battered the young lady after calling her names then proceeded to damn her to hell? And this man is considered as being a good man and a bishop?
This is an example of how religion warps people's moral sensibilities.

I wonder if the man hasn't come across people who claim to be sent from God or who are in fact, Jesus. If he hasn't, he could ask around for psychiatrists to tell him of such common cases.

Maybe what the young lady needed was some emotional support or psychiatric/psychological help instead, he does what ignorant people do. He joins them in tormenting and oppressing the vulnerable lady.

What a shame.

What more evidences do people need to see that these so-called religious leaders are big fraud? Nigerians you have been failed by your official government for decades and you allow yourselves to be abused and reduced to nothing by religious Charlatans! I find it difficult to phantom, does poverty equates senselessness!!!? As my man observed, this man resorted to public humiliation and battery, and he is being cheered and applauded!!??  A nation in perputal state of confusion! People open your eyes, it's not the end of the world not to be rich, but refuse to consciously allow yourself to be reduced to nothing. The hero / heroine lies in everyone. And the man even gets paid by the people he is abusing? hmmmmm,  Nigeria!?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by MissyB3(f): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2011
Outstrip:

OmoPastor you need to stop adding lies to the bad bahavior displayed here. That man assaulted her. he had no right to hit her even if she called his mother a cow. How is he different from fanatical muslims that assualt someone because mohammed is insulted. What nonsense. Further more is he casting out the devil or the physical woman herself. So because she uttered those words she should go back and keep suffering if indeed he believes that she is in bondage. You people are talking out of both sides of your mouth. SMH. That woman obviously has a mental illness and needs help unfortunately she fell into the hands of this man. Hopefully he has not made it worse for her. What a dissapointment
Exactly!

Christ was insulted and humiliated, how many people did he slap to prove power?
This is assault, and coming from a nominal 'man of God' makes it more intolerable.
In a society where every individual can afford to defend his rights, this man's a$$ would be sued. Nonsense!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pendo89(f): 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2011
I don't understand some christians and yet am one.
Demons are supposed to be cast out not beaten out!! And even if they are stubborn,Jesus himself said they need fasting and prayer
He never said some demons need a beating!! Its not biblical! What is wrong with people.
You cannot beat demons out becz they are spirits! you speak and command them out of the person by God's power.
No wonder some demons like these,become stubborn cz they dont sense the power of God but of the Bishop himself.
So now what? can he be sued?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by fransois2(m): 5:59pm On Dec 17, 2011
Let us call a spade a spade. The society is sick and the only place that should uphold sanity is also full of atrocities. Jesus preached love even when he casted demons out of people, he commanded them out but never spoke angrily to the people let alone slapping them.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2011
WTF! If only that girl had received that slap here in the UK. She would have become an instant celebrity and millionaire grin grin grin and that guy in white would have gone down with his whole empire.

1 Like

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by vabrida: 6:01pm On Dec 17, 2011
aLl Na FoRmAt. ThE gUy SeE wItCh WeY pAsS aM hIn FeAr.  Am SuRe By NoW hIn Go DoN cAlL tHe GiRl To ApOlOgIsE.  YeYe BlOoDy FaKe PaStOr grin grin grin angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by vabrida: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2011
uTtErLy DiSaPpOiNtEd. WhAt If ThE gIrL feLl AnD dIeD iNsTaNtLy? OyEdEpO wIlL bE sOrRy By NoW.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by numo86(m): 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2011
has he finished slapping d politicians that sit down in d front sits in his crusades and church service??i so dont understand these pastors and there crasy acts, slappin a girl and sendin her away, na d work Jesus do?, mumu dey worry all of them, has he slapped all d womanisers and immoral people in his congregation, this is 1 reason Jesus said he'l deny all of them, because they never did his Fathers willl, i stil wonder if this hw Jesus handled issues of persons who were demon possessed, funny actors in 9ja,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
1stCitizen:

WTF! If only that girl had received that slap here in the UK. She would have become an instant celebrity and millionaire grin grin grin and that guy in white would have gone down with his whole church.

yes, of course the key aim here is to pull down the whole church, which btw the way has probably been unsupportive of gaay marriage.

so, with the church gone, and the chief opponents sullied, there'll be free leeway for any other agenda.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by AndreUweh(m): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2011
Where is Sagamite to do justice to this thread.
Oyedepo followers, pray that Sagamite does not see this thread?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.