Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,589 members, 7,801,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 (1666 Views)

Mtv Base, Trace Urban Conspire Against Nigerian Music. / Nominees List Of Mtv Africa Music Awrds / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 by publisher(m): 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
I just stumbled on unconfirmed 'amebo' gist which suggests that Nigeria is the reason why there's not going to be any MAMA awards for 2011. According to 'my source',other African countries had complained to MTVs mgt that Nigerians have pocketed MTV base and that since the inception of the MAMA awards in 2008 ,Nigerians always recieved the chunk of the awards.
Plans were on the way to move MAMA 2011 to Cape town,but unfortunately out of the proposed nominations,Nigerian songs like Oleku,Nwa baby,Mr Endowed and the rest recieved about 80% of all nominations. Making it inevitable that Nigerian artiste would have still picked the chunk of Mama 2011 awards and this may have angered South Africa and other African nations,thus the event had to be canned.
'My unconfirmed source' also stated that the same fate may befall the 'Big brother Africa 2012' show,as Nigeria's consecutive wins in its three last editions had prompted threats from South African fans.

PS: this is unconfirmed amebo gist and not fact o.
wink
Re: Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 by eleshin(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2011
Logically its valid
Re: Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 by thebaisify(m): 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2011
Naija keeping it down and knocking 'em dead!

Them Southies and all can come kiss my black Naija a.r.s.e.

Naija all the way mehn!!!
Re: Nigerian Music Dominance Leads To Shelving Of Mtv Base Awards 2011 by mikuz(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2011
The gist really holds water!

(1) (Reply)

Finest Mixes By DJ Krazy / Nigerian Lil Wayne M3riss Releases New Promo Photos / SONG: Deejay J Masta – “ani” Ft. Phyno & Flavour (mp3 Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.