Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) (14591 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Real Estate In Abuja? / Is President Goodluck Jonathan Really Bad? / Jonathan’s Real Friends, Foes In Amaechi's Rivers State Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Ilekokonit: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
Did President Goodluck Just Score An Own Goal About His "real" Age ?

The President's Facebook Page states that he was born on 20 November 1957
http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck#!/jonathangoodluck?sk=info

The State House Abuja website states that he was born on November 20, 1957
http://www.nigeriafirst.org/article_9719.shtml

The President's 2011 Election Campaign Page states that he was born on November 20th 1957
http://goodluck.org.ng/about/goodluck

So, how come the President stated at the 2011 Christmas Carol Service held at the banquet hall of the Presidential Villa that "he came to live in Port Harcourt in 1955"

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/29952-why-fuel-subsidy-must-go-now-by-jonathan.html

Part of his statement at the 2011 Christmas Carol Service reads :-

“I remember the day I was chatting with a group of elders and they said after the war there was electricity everywhere, they travelled out and so on. I came to live in Port Harcourt in 1955. Even then, it was only Port Harcourt that had electricity, even the big cities, Bonny. But now, government must make sure even the smallest village and settlements have electricity light.

Is this a case of the very common civil servant practice of falsely reducing your age to enable you work and earn a salary from the Civil service way past your "biological retirement age" ?

That's why telling the truth is always good.

When you tell a lie, you have to always be on guard to avoid slipping up and scoring an own goal as it appears that our dear President has just done.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2011
I don't think he lied about his age; the talk is just another gaffe from the Otueke man.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by werepeLeri: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2011
why u no go ask am?
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by wesley80(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2011
So what next? Lets start impeachment proceedings cos the president lied about his age based on TV evidence (from someone who possibly could have had a hearing problem enough to mistake '65 for '55 for all i know) No? Ok lets just have a good laugh at yet another 'gaffe' from that 'Otueke man' who just happens to be your President. You just have to give it to these guys - a hot grenade I mean, they sure have earned it!
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by don33310(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2011
Yes, the president lied,one can't make mistake of his year of birth.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Rhino5dm: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2011
Fuc'kin mooron cant even remember his real date of birth. What an ape!
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by GWslim(f): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2011
Forgive it was an error. Jona will not that again.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by marcus1234: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2011
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by kokoA(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2011
eyah undecided
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by oge4real(f): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2011
Did he say 1955 or 1965?
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by PapaBrowne(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2011
I think the reporters didn't hear properly. 1985 looks more ideal to me. Because that was the period the man went to UNIPORT.

1 Like

Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by dplordx(m): 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
this is pointless. who cares if hes 29. as long as hes doing a fine job.
its just a shame the rulers in nigeria have declared a war on the masses.
i know revolution is nearby, or damn the people.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by donbuchi1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ilekokonit, u are a jobless nigerian
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Okijajuju1(m): 3:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
So what if he lied?!!

Yoruba poster!! angry
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by MyloXyloto: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Me, I like this question oh. Make I ask am again and even more questions join sef

(1) How old is President Goodluck Jonathan

(2) What is Bola Tinubu's real name?

(3) How old is Obasanjo? (OBJ sef no know im age oh)

(4) How old are you?
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by gregg2: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
It's 1985
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Kx: 4:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
is this the best question we should be asking at this time?
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Funny thread. lol.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
Is there any way of determining psychological state of posters on NL? If Jonathan is 50 or 70 what difference does it make?

My wahala be say make em do well with dis his rigged election so that we go get reason not to over regret the rigging.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Johndoe100(m): 5:12pm On Dec 19, 2011
GEJ never said 1955 he said 1975. It was clear to all that watched the broadcast. Judging by the reaction, the people peddling this story knew that there were haters waiting.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by don33310(m): 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2011
Okija_juju:

So what if he lied?!!

Yoruba poster!! angry
Then,he should be charge for PERJURY.
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by Ibime(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ OP,

Wetin concern you. Is GEJ a footballer?
Re: How Old Is President Goodluck Jonathan? (Real Age) by otokx(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2011
Most Nigerians lie about their age especially in the civil service

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Releases 155-page Book On His Achievements / NIN Applicants Stranded Over Non-Availability Of Resources At NIMC Ogun (Pix) / Breaking News: Nigerian Military Surround Nnamdi Kanu's Compound Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.