Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother (8154 Views)

#what Would Have Been Naijas Fate Today If Jonathan Had Won? / Elder Orubebe Celebrates His 56th Birthday With His Twin Sister In Style. Photos / Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 5:25am On Dec 18, 2011
Population: 232 million (UN, 2010)
Major languages: Indonesian, 300 regional languages
Main exports: Oil and gas, plywood, textiles, rubber, palm oil

Nigeria needs to follow Indonesias model. See how our muslim brothers are doing ?

Same religous, ethnic, culture diffrences but looki how they advance.

list of selected countries by GDP and GDP (nominal) per capita in 2008

S. Korea : USD 931,405 million / USD 19,162
Turkey : USD 730,318 million / USD 10,484
Indonesia : USD 511,213 million / USD 2,237
Saudi Arabia : USD 467,601 million / USD 19,157
Iran : USD 330,595 million / USD 4,537
Nigeria : USD 207,116 million / USD 1,401

list of selected countries by GDP and GDP (nominal) per capita in 2010

S. Korea : USD 1,007,084 million / USD 20,591
Turkey : USD 741,853 million / USD 10,399
Indonesia : USD 706,735 million / USD 3,015
Saudi Arabia : USD 443,691 million / USD 16,996
Iran : USD 407,400 million / USD 4,741
Nigeria : USD 216,803 million / USD 1,389

Come home brothers. Bring that 419 money. Sell up your houses. Invest in Naija, Invest in Agriculture, Not just Lagos things are too concentrated in Lag imo. Stop paying 30% tax to UK and US govt. Evrything is here in Naija. Inshallah we will get there. lol.

We need to stop looking west but EAST. I have even thought of setting up chineese schools in Naija where they will build the schools and teach chineese to our children. it is the language of the future Naija should jump on board o.

More of us Western Educated brothers need to be in position of power, we are the future. We will decentralize and reduce BIG GOVT 2015 I cant wait tongue

[img]http://batamcyber.files./2009/05/sky-view-nagoya-batam1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://aroelaidah.files./2009/12/makassar_from_air2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/_UhEBDc0ksck/S7b43qRoALI/AAAAAAAAAHo/AYU01dIE6_U/s1600/RANDY-SURABAYA+NIGHT-qpr.jpg[/img]

http://img18.exs.cx/img18/4919/SupermallPakuwon2.jpg

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 5:45am On Dec 18, 2011
Nigeria and Indonesia in figures

Life expectancy

Nigeria: Men, 47. Women, 48
    Indonesia: Men, 69. Women, 73

Gross national income, per capita

Nigeria: $1,160
    Indonesia: $2,010

Gross domestic product

Nigeria: $207.12 billion
    Indonesia: $510.73 billion

Population below poverty line

Nigeria: 70%
    Indonesia: 17.8%
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 5:48am On Dec 18, 2011
[size=14pt]How Indonesia overtook Nigeria
By Peter Cunliffe-Jones Focus on Africa Magazine[/size]

From the air, the place certainly looked familiar.

I had never before been to Jakarta, the chaotic and teeming capital of the sprawling Indonesian archipelago.

But, as the plane dodged in and out between the clouds, there it lay below. And just as I had been told it would, it looked like my former home - Nigeria.

"Indonesia and Nigeria?" I'd protested to the friend who first suggested the comparison to me some weeks earlier.

"They're 7,000 miles apart. One's Africa, one's Asia. There's no comparison to make."

It was late 2003, and I was flying in from Singapore - a smart, modern Asian city, now two hours behind me to the north. I'd just been appointed Asia editor for the AFP news agency, after four years as its Nigeria bureau chief.

Lagos, my former home, is Africa's megacity, the country's hustling, bustling, trading capital. It is noisy, sometimes violent but pulsing with life.

From its crowded waterfront districts to the low-rise slums inland, it hums with activity; people making deals, making money, taking a chance and just getting by.

Looking down out of the plane's window, I took in the airport below.

"Ok, so it looks like Lagos," I thought.

Then, emerging minutes later from the plane, I settled into my taxi for the long drive into the city centre.

When we stopped at a crossroads, crowds of noisy children emerged as they would in Nigeria to hawk their wares, offering us everything from spicy foods to soft drinks, typewriter covers to newspapers.

Both Indonesia and Nigeria, my guidebook told me, are the giants of their region, home to tens of millions of people. Both were formed as one nation by Europeans around 1900. Both were governed by the colonial system of "indirect rule". Both once made money from palm oil, and later discovered oil and gas.

At independence, the standards of living in the two countries were comparable on most measures. And since independence, both have suffered three decades of military misrule and corruption.

Their first coups were launched within months of each other - in September 1965 in Indonesia and in January 1966 in Nigeria - and their military regimes died within 12 months, in May 1998 and 1999.

It was not only my friend who made the comparisons. But, talking to the editor of an Indonesian magazine the day after I arrived, I was struck by a statistic he mentioned in passing. In Indonesia, he said, the life expectancy of a child at birth had risen from 45 to 70 years since independence.

In Nigeria, life expectancy remains stuck just above 45; today it is around 47.

This prompted me to check other figures.

When Indonesia's second president, Haji Muhammad Suharto, took power in 1967 the number of people living in poverty was the same as in Nigeria; around six out of ten. Three decades later, it had fallen from six to two. In Nigeria it had risen from six to seven.

And today, Indonesia lies almost 50 places above Nigeria on the United Nation's Human Development Index. Adult literacy stands at 92%, 20 points better than Nigeria. Per capita income, at close to $4,000, is almost twice that of Nigeria.

Basic healthcare is strikingly better in Indonesia, and the same is true for education. Access to clean water and a good balanced diet are better too.
'Struggle is the reason'

Certainly, Indonesia has many troubles. But today, for all its problems, Indonesia is holding elections that the world applauds, while Nigeria's last elections, in 2007, were said to be the worst in Africa that year.

So why the discrepancy? The reasons most commonly given for the trouble with Nigeria - for its failure to meet its enormous potential as an African giant - are many and complex. They range from the legacy of colonial rule to the problems of a divided nation, and the impact of the so-called oil curse.

Nigeria was formed by Britain as two separate protectorates in 1900, and brought together as one in 1914.

Its close to 150 million people speak numerous languages, follow two major world religions and many more indigenous beliefs.

My own grandfather first arrived in Nigeria in the colonial days in 1928. Over the years, he rose to be part of the team negotiating independence in the 1950s.

The way he and his colleagues framed the constitution probably set the country on the path to civil war. But the comparison with formerly Dutch-ruled Indonesia shows that colonial rule is not reason enough to explain the state of things today.

Nor is a fractured society when a country as diverse as Indonesia can do as well as it has. And nor is oil, for Indonesia has that too but has managed its resource relatively well.

So what explains the difference between them? I asked a friend, Bambang Harymurti, an Indonesian journalist.

"Struggle is the reason," he suggested. Though the regime struck out at those who opposed it, Indonesians had put their leaders under pressure, he said.
Fearing revolt

While lining his pockets handsomely, amassing a family fortune estimated at up to $35 billion, Indonesia's Suharto had tasked his economic advisers with keeping him in power. What he feared most was a popular revolt.

Since the Dutch first colonised Indonesia, popular movements had always pressured their leaders. In the 1920s, a major revolt had broken out against the Dutch. The revolt failed, but it led to change.

Then between 1945 and 1949, the Islamist, communist and nationalist movements that had formed fought a bloody rebellion to force the Japanese and then the Dutch out of the colony. They succeeded.

So when Suharto took power in 1965, and though he ruled brutally, he was still fearful of an uprising and had reason to be so.

For decades, spurred on by Suharto, the economists ensured the economy grew fast enough to lift millions out of poverty.

The army - which bloodily suppressed rebellions in some regions - was used to build roads and bring electricity to the poor in the Indonesian heartlands.

The economy was diversified and oil money was used to build sectors such as agriculture and fisheries, tourism and manufacturing, to provide jobs and income. Indonesia, which was once a minor player, is today the world's largest producer of palm oil.

And these changes were made to provide the poor with jobs and income. Nigeria, which in the 1960s produced almost half the world's palm oil, now accounts for just 7%.

And Suharto was right to be fearful.
Feisty Nigeria

When the economy collapsed in the Asian financial crisis of 1997, popular resistance rose and he was forced from power.

The new rulers took note and the economy is growing again.

And in Nigeria? In Nigeria - feisty, fractious, exhilarating Nigeria - rebels in the Delta have staged attacks on oil wells.

Artists such as Fela Kuti and Wole Soyinka have railed at injustice. Civil rights groups have staged protests.

But if the songs and plays have been popular, the protests have, by and large, been attended by hundreds not tens of thousands.

So in Nigeria, leaders fear being usurped by each other and not ousted by a popular revolt. And they do not make things change.

"What I realised," Chukwudifu Oputa, the retired Supreme Court Justice selected in 1999 to look into human rights abuses under the military, told me one day, "is we have not fought, not really, or not enough. And if you do not fight for your rights, nobody will fight for you."

Nigerians fight every day, of course. They fight for survival, to put food on the table and to get by.

But have they put real pressure on their leaders?

If not, is that the reason, I wonder, that the average Nigerian lives to 47, and the average Indonesian to 70?

My Nigeria: Five decades of independence, by Peter Cunliffe-Jones was published this month by Palgrave Macmillan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11399866?print=true
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 5:58am On Dec 18, 2011
We had one of the worst power cut in Asia until the government elect someone that have a ball to do major changes in all line in our national electricity company, This includes developing new power plant, eradicated corruption, changing employees habit, cutting cost, maintenance efficiency, etc.

The result is now (since earlier this year) our power cutting is as low as Malaysia, and we are heading to be at par with South Korea when our 30,000 megawatt power plant project completed in several years ahead,

Our electricity problems started since 1990's, I believe. Until at least end of last year, even Jakarta experienced couple of power cutting in just a week (this includes offices, factories, even presidential palace!! Although most of them have their own generator to produce power). Some of our cities esp. in Eastern part of our country got power cutting 5-6 hours a day!! That's how bad it is,

Btw, phase I of our 30,000 MW project (the first 10,000 MW) scheduled to complete by the end of this year, though I believe there will be some delays,

Naijas problem is [size=14pt]TO MUCH TALKING NOT ENOUGH ACTION[/size]. Even in real life. All this swagga swagga nonsense lol. Humble yourself ni99as.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:15am On Dec 18, 2011
Take am easy oh!!
Some Indonesian sandwich students just left my lab back home and their lamentations are apparent. Not all glitters in Indonesia

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:18am On Dec 18, 2011
slums in indonesia

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:21am On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 6:24am On Dec 18, 2011
@ Nchara Ofc some still in poverty but :

Population below poverty line

Nigeria: 70%
    Indonesia: 17.8%

see HUGE difference ?

they have 60 million + more people as well, in a smaller land area lol. they try ooo.

And those pics come from several cities not just a few.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:39am On Dec 18, 2011
They are just slightly better off than us but we are in the same general level of poverty

How many of those 232 M or so people live above poverty level in REALITY?

My students told me Indonesians export the good products and the citizens mostly eat the bad, spoiled ones due to poverty
I'd rather go by that first-hand knowledge than what some govt data says.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2011
@Nchara slightly?

lmao. See thier MW of electricty coming in? I just posted the figure. 70% naija under poverty 17% in Indonesia no comparison. Their economy is more diversified than ours as well. Better airports. Infrastructure etc etc.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:46am On Dec 18, 2011
Nadanbata:

@Nchara slightly?

lmao. See thier MW of electricty coming in? I just posted the figure. 70% naija under poverty 17% in Indonesia no comparison. Their economy is more diversified than ours as well. Better airports. Infrastructure etc etc.

Yes they have better infrastructure but poverty is biting there as in Nigeria. I like to gauge these things by what people on the ground say.
Our lack of infrastructure is not due to poverty but due to corruption and inefficiency
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 6:51am On Dec 18, 2011
@Nchara

ofc but the numbers say Naijas is far worse o. And we have less people to manage o,

Anyway you wouldnt look at them as role model? tongue
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2011
http://www.economist.com/node/7925064

I see them just as better off but no, not as role models. Am sorry.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nchara: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2011
Nigeria's poverty is clearly self-induced.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2011
@ Nchara small small steps now. Reach indonesia level generating at least 30k MW then move on o tongue
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Yeske2(m): 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2011
Let's help fight corruption and everything would fall into place because that is the basis of our problem
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Nadanbata: 11:24pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ Yeske even with corruption look how Indonesia has left Naija lol.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2012
Promoting country is a must i guess smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mx7RuIFrZg
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 4:52am On Oct 16, 2012
Nchara: http://www.economist.com/node/7925064

I see them just as better off but no, not as role models. Am sorry.

Indonesia already no 4 Globally in FDI and slips Brazil

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/brazil-slips-in-foreign-direct-investment-rankings-2012-07-05-164852234

July 5, 2012, 4:23 p.m. EDT
Brazil slips in foreign-direct-investment rankings

SAO PAULO--Brazil's attractiveness as a top destination for foreign-direct investment has been eclipsed by that of Indonesia, the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development said Thursday in an annual report.

Brazil is seen as the world's No. 5 destination for FDI in the next two years, the Unctad said, citing survey responses by 174 companies. Last year, the South American nation ranked No. 4.

The top three "prospective host economies" for FDI were unchanged this year from 2011, with China holding the No. 1 spot, followed by the U.S. and India. Indonesia moved up two notches in the rankings to surpass Brazil at the No. 4 spot.

Brazil's large population and relatively newfound economic stability have made it a favorite destination for foreign investors in recent years as FDI rose to nearly $67 billion in 2011 from $19 billion in 2006, the Unctad said. Expanding consumer markets, economic growth and abundant natural resources have contributed to fast growth in South America's FDI, 55% of which went to Brazil last year.

But since the global economic crisis in 2008-09, state industrial policies have become increasingly relevant in Brazil and Argentina.

"Both countries want their local industries to capitalize on their domestic consumption boom and aim to establish a homegrown high-technology industry that will help them diversify their economies," the Unctad said, noting an effort to protect domestic manufacturers from cheaper imports.

While that "does not seem to be deterring FDI flows," the Unctad said industrial policies will likely have an impact nonetheless.

"FDI policy is likely to depend increasingly on the industry in question and the role the governments want to assign to FDI," the organization said.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 5:17am On Oct 16, 2012
Nchara: They are just slightly better off than us but we are in the same general level of poverty

How many of those 232 M or so people live above poverty level in REALITY?

My students told me Indonesians export the good products and the citizens mostly eat the bad, spoiled ones due to poverty
I'd rather go by that first-hand knowledge than what some govt data says.

this is something from CNBC..., lot's interisting issue there wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v6AN23p30A&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OfCDlgQfqI
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2012
hey i found this news smiley

http://washpost.bloomberg.com/Story?docId=1376-MAIVCT0UQVI901-03O75AJUAFRQOFGT6FCDVTK8VS

Indonesia GDP May Overtake Germany by 2030, McKinsey Says
Shamim AdamSep 18, 2012 2:16 am ET
(Updates with Standard Chartered prediction in seventh paragraph.)

Sept. 18 (Bloomberg) -- Indonesia may surpass Germany and the U.K. by 2030 to be the world’s seventh-largest economy, generating $1.8 trillion in annual sales for agriculture, consumer and energy companies by that year, McKinsey & Co. said.

The country may add 90 million people to its “consuming class” in that period, the most after China and India, the consulting company said in a report today. Energy demand may triple from current levels, convenience stores will lead a “revolution” in retail, and the largest business opportunities will be for financial-service providers, it said.

President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is increasing spending on roads, seaports and airports as he woos investment to spur Southeast Asia’s largest economy. More than a decade after the Asian financial crisis forced the nation to seek an International Monetary Fund bailout, Fitch Ratings and Moody’s Investors Service have raised Indonesia to investment grade and the country’s growth is among the fastest in the Group of 20.

“Indonesia is in the throes of a rapid transformation,” McKinsey said. “The Indonesian economy is larger, more stable, and more advanced than many companies and investors around the world realize.”

Indonesia is currently the world’s 16th-largest economy, with gross domestic product of about $846 billion last year, according to IMF data. That may rise to $1.8 trillion in 2017, compared with Germany’s $3.9 trillion economy and U.K. GDP of $3.2 trillion in the same period, IMF data shows. The McKinsey report didn’t give GDP projections for 2030.

Commodity Exporter

Only China, the U.S., India, Japan, Brazil and Russia will be bigger than Indonesia by 2030, McKinsey said.

Indonesia’s growth potential has spurred companies including Toyota Motor Corp. to boost investments in the country and prompted Standard Chartered Plc to predict the nation will join China and India as the engine of the third global “super- cycle.”

The country may be among the top six of the world’s largest economies by 2030, Standard Chartered said in an October 2011 report. The bank defines a super-cycle as a period of historically high global growth lasting a generation or more, driven in part by increasing trade, high rates of investment, urbanization and technological innovation.

Indonesia isn’t “a typical Asian manufacturing exporter driven by its growing workforce or a commodity exporter driven by its rich endowments of natural resources,” McKinsey said. “The reality is that, to a large extent, it is domestic consumption rather than exports, and services rather than manufacturing or resources, which are propelling growth.”

Lowest Volatility

Investors are now demanding lower premiums to hold Indonesian debt. The country will offer its lowest-ever coupon for dollar-denominated bonds when it sells global sukuk as soon as next month, according to PT Manulife Asset Management Indonesia and PT BNI Asset Management. The cost to protect Indonesian bonds from default dropped to the least since May 2011 on Sept. 14, and it’s now more expensive to insure Israeli and South African debt, both ranked at least three levels higher than Indonesia by Moody’s.

“Over the past decade Indonesia has had the lowest volatility in economic growth of any OECD or BRIC economy, while government debt has fallen by 70 percent and is now lower than in the majority of the OECD economies,” McKinsey said, referring to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development and the group of emerging economies that includes Brazil, Russia, India and China.

Consuming Class

Annual growth of 5 percent to 6 percent in Indonesia will add 90 million people to the “consuming class,” which is defined as those with yearly net incomes of more than $3,600 at 2005 purchasing power parity, McKinsey said. An expansion of 7 percent a year, as targeted by the Indonesian government, would increase those ranks to 170 million people from 45 million in 2010, it said.

“This growth in Indonesia’s consuming class is stronger than in any economy of the world apart from China and India, a signal to international businesses and investors of considerable new opportunities,” McKinsey said. “But surging demand for a range of products and services will inevitably strain Indonesia’s natural and capital resources.”

Indonesia’s GDP rose 6.37 percent in the three months through June from a year earlier, supported by investment and consumption. The central bank forecasts growth of about 6.1 percent to 6.5 percent this year, and about 6.3 percent to 6.7 percent in 2013.

Productivity Challenge

The country’s challenges include boosting productivity to achieve a 7 percent rate of expansion, uneven distribution of growth across the archipelago, and infrastructure and resources that cannot keep pace with rising domestic consumption, according to the McKinsey report.

About 71 percent of the population, estimated to rise to 280 million by 2030 from 240 million now, will live in urban areas, from 53 percent currently, McKinsey said.

It estimates consumer spending in Indonesia’s urban areas will rise 7.7 percent a year to become a $1.1 trillion “business opportunity” by 2030. Revenue from agricultural and fisheries industries may rise 6 percent annually to reach $450 billion, while the energy market may be worth $270 billion in that period, it said.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by tpia1: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2012
is the poster nigerian?
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 6:08am On Oct 24, 2013
APEC Country Leaders meeting & APEC CEO SUmmit 2013 held in Bali - Indonesia , attended by 21 country member , all the leaders from russia , China , USA , Japan , Korea , Australia , indonesia , singapore , taiwan etc..etc come for the meeting with almost 1000 captain of industry around the world to make discussion with them , ECOWAS should improove and build connectivity to cooperate with other region like this ASIA - PACIFIC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22KKk334yjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgfigXFZVt4

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 8:43am On Oct 24, 2013
this is apec forum summit for CEO's from all over the worlds , lots of economic discussion over there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vql3IrDtaT8
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
this is Garuda Indonesia...., state airways own by indonesi goverment , have a 5 star skytraxx awarded as best Top 10 airline ( number 8 ) in the world ! , event goverment company can be very professional ...and make money...........here's the link http://www.worldairlineawards.com/awards_2013/airline2013_top20.htm

and here's garuda indonesia advertisement as Global official partner Liverpool FC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsVGEgRQmY#aid=P-joL3j7y7w
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Indonesia's build a world class Airport in every of it's province capital city ( here in naija like ibadan, port harcourt etc ) , to attrack more investment in the country

This is airport at Bali resort island of Indonesia....amazing......for a resort island airport shocked

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2013
Naija can build this if gov use the money properly ,

Medan City airport , this airport also have special rail link to connect the airport to city center

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 1:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Indonesia overhaul every airport on its Provincial capital te be standarised as world class airport , there's alot more like Makassar aiport , Surabaya airport etc...with the same standart

Balikpapan city airport

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2013
indonesia now industrialized the country while still maintain the agriculture & keep it important ,the goverment made some strategic industries to develop by them , now......even USA maintain their agriculture ....here's i post some of indonesian state company, started with this one state company who produce train , EMU ( electric train ) , Locomotive including Monorail made by indonesian & they already export it to singapore , malaysia , bangladesh

monorail made by indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utfs22fAo0Q

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2013
This is indonesia state company who produce aeroplane , malaysia , thailand , brunai phillipine ,pakistan even south korea buy indonesian aeroplane ...burkina faso is one of africa country buy indonesia aeroplane...., indonesia aerospace programme begin in 1960's when indonesia president 1st president send alot of student to study aboard to europe to learn how to make aeroplane ( FYI in 1960 indonesia maybe is the poorest nation on earth grin )

http://www.indonesian-aerospace.com/

South Korea & indonesia aerospace industry now join together to produce fighter combat plane called KFX - KFI , now in developing stage , by 2020 will be mass produce

http://thediplomat.com/flashpoints-blog/2011/07/14/asias-next-fighter-project/

Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Abagworo(m): 7:46am On Nov 11, 2013
Whoever wrote this is lying against Nigeria. Our percentage poverty is not 70% as everything has proven that calculation to be wrong. We can only say there is high cost of living in Nigeria resulting from dependence on imported consumer products.

Our cities are developing rapidly but we deliberately like to show the bad side even though we have a lot of beautiful cities.
Re: Indonesia Naijas Elder Brother by Ariesby: 7:58am On Nov 11, 2013
indonesia govt also can produce ship , made for both commercial & millitary and already exported to some country , eventhough it's state company , but the gov let professional to manage it .. THATS THE KEY , Proffesional must RUN THE COMPANY..., the good this is while indonesia economy is booming , some of indigious industry is ready to fullfill it's need , like train , propeller aeroplane , ship even also millitary product

http://www.pal.co.id/v5/index.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyC4suRRTVQ

indonesia also have millitary product ,like APV , Medium Tank , Gun etc..... here MLRS Rocket test - made by indonesia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwK3dM0TZaQ

so basically , the more diversed the economy , the better it is.... wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recession: African Development Bank Approves $600m Loan To Support Nigeria.. / Cardinal Onaiyekan: Nigerians Will Be Happy To Have A Government They Trust / Insecurity: Makinde Vows To Deal With Anyone Found Wanting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.