Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison (2447 Views)

How To Boost Your Mobile Internet Connection And Minimize Network Breakage / Innjoo F2 Android Tablet Specifications, Features And Price -mymobnet! / Multilinks Dial Up Connection Settings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Christino(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2006
I'd like to know the fastest dial - up connection in the country at this time, esp. Lagos. My starcomms connection is a bit faster than a snail, i want something better, but still dial-up. Please help me compare services like multilinks, intercellular, mts wireless or even nitel. Thank you. "Strictly dial-up".

Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Seun(m): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2006
Multilinks Internet is good. I recomend it without reservations. It's fast and consistent. Uptime is solid and during working hours you can call their customer support if there's any problem and they'll give you intelligent replies.

How do we test the speed? Give us a site that we can check to see whose network is faster!
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Christino(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2006
Thank you Seun, you just saved me hours/days of futile research. Nairaland is da bomb.
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by LoverBwoy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2006
Seun:

How do we test the speed? Give us a site that we can check to see whose network is faster!

I don't know if this will work but i found this, you can use it to check the speed of your dial-up, click on other then africa

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

(I couldnt try it myself as im not on dial-up)

mine: downstream-490kbps (61.3KB/sec) upstream-243kbps(30KB/sec) not that i know what it means but its good enough for me grin
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Hunter(m): 1:08am On Mar 14, 2006
I don't like that site perticularly it doesn't seem to give accurate readings (eg what I average to them is routinely 100kb/s slower than everyone else)

Lately though my connection has been slow (running at about 3mpbs rather than the 8 or so I usually get, It went down the other night for about an hour and has been much slower since so I suspect that they may not be running at fully capacity)
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by LoverBwoy(m): 2:18am On Mar 14, 2006
i actually tried some other site but they dont have dial speed test

just for da usual aol broadband test
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by kechy(f): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2006
Christino:

I'd like to know the fastest dial - up connection in the country at this time, esp. Lagos. My starcomms connection is a bit faster than a snail, i want something better, but still dial-up. Please help me compare services like multilinks, intercellular, mts wireless or even nitel. Thank you. "Strictly dial-up".

If the multi links does not work out for you, you can try Internet Solutions Ltd. Their website is www.nova.net.ng. Their dial up connection is really great. They're in victoria island but you can also get their contact info from the above website.
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by luridguy(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2006
dial up its a pain i have used both starcoms and multilinks and i would not recomend it to anyone i have sice changed to broadband but a friend uses internet solutions and he claims its ok
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by ijebuman(m): 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2006
Regarding multilinks, my younger sis is visiting Lagos soon and needs a dial up account while she's there. My folks have a multilinks line, so what else does she need apart from her Laptop. Would multilinks provide the modem or does she need one from here?
Any info will be greatly appreciated
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Seun(m): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2006
lutidguy, can you tell us what broadband solution you use and how much you pay?
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Consultant(f): 9:37pm On Mar 14, 2006
You can enhance your internet experience by getting an internet accelerator for your dial-up connection. My brother-in-law actually sells it and i think he has free samples on his website http://www.vovall.com.
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by ijebuman(m): 10:04pm On Mar 14, 2006
can anyone answer my last question i did ask nicely smiley

ijebuman:

Regarding multilinks, my younger sis is visiting Lagos soon and needs a dial up account while she's there. My folks have a multilinks line, so what else does she need apart from her Laptop. Would multilinks provide the modem or does she need one from here?
Any info will be greatly appreciated
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by GentleSoul2: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2006
vSat solution by Accelon of Africa. Their customer service is superb! - http://www.accelonafrica.com/

Cost: 128kbps - 53,803 naira/month.

Question for Multilinks users:

Do Multilinks provide up to 128kbps and unlimited access to the Internet?
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Seun(m): 12:02am On Mar 15, 2006
Multilinks is 50kbps or so. You need to contact them to answer that sales question: www.multilinks.com !
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Christino(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2006
I have made enquiries and from what i get, netcom offers the best in terms of mobile internet since they have lots of hotspots but when it comes to VSAT, Accelon offers more QoS than others. I will stick to multilinks as an alternative dialup service since i dont really know much about Glo mobile's solution.

But what about MWEB, DOPC and Linkserve in terms of VSAT? Are they okay, do they have advantages too? Pls let me know.
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Christino(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2006
I hear Accelon is coming out with a new Home Users solution, which may cost between 15k - 22k monthly for 64Kbps broadband. It promises to be very fast at least 200% faster than dial up, if it happens to be so then we won't need dial-ups any longer. dont you think.
Re: Fastest Dial-up Connection And Price Comparison by Christino(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2006
I hear there's a correct dial-up company based in Enugu, and they are coming down to lagos. If you know something about them please let us know. I need to use my phone when these soapist are "on peak".

(1) (Reply)

Pls Wat Gud Tablet Cn I Buy 4 20-30k. All Dese Terminologies R Making Me Dizzy. / Make Your Picture Appear On Popular Websites Like CNN Right From Your Smartphone / System Update For The Camon C8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.