Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (87497 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2012
nateevs:

I am sorry I don't know what you are talking about.
I look at the table and I see Man City, ManU, Tottenham, Chelsea . . . . . etc
Is there something you need me to see?

|
V
V

debosky:

I am aslo sorry that you are now incapable of understanding the league table. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
nateevs:

I am sorry I don't know what you are talking about.
I look at the table and I see Man City, ManU, Tottenham, Chelsea . . . . . etc
Is there something you need me to see?

see what fat frank and the other oaps in chelsea have caused. . . . .debosky now has the chutzpah to say trash about chelsea.
this is a travesty - a travesty to football and the followers should arsenal finish above chelsea.

i saw this piece on guardian sports.

Lampard should follow Giggs's example

A goal and a fine display against Bolton Wanderers? Well then, England's Frank Lampard is back and nasty foreign man André Villas-Boas was a fool for leaving him out of the Chelsea side against Napoli. Maybe not. A top English player is always going to have his media cheerleaders who will root for him when he's taken on by a foreign manager, especially one who's in his first season in England. Scoring against Bolton does not necessarily mean Villas-Boas is wrong to think that Lampard's best days are behind him and the Portuguese could point to a string of irrelevant displays from the midfielder before Saturday to illustrate his point.

Yet there is an inherent stupidity to the battle between Villas-Boas and his senior players – if only they would realise, they are essentially all striving for the same goal: Chelsea winning. Clearly Chelsea must freshen their squad and it is part of Villas-Boas's mandate to bring in fresh blood, yet the natural consequence of that is not necessarily freezing out the older players. As they proved against Bolton – Didier Drogba got the second goal – they can still be useful, just not every week. Getting older means you can play less, you get injured more and you recover more slowly, but it does not have to herald the end, as Ryan Giggs demonstrated by scoring a last-minute winner for Manchester United at Norwich City on his 900th appearance for the club.

Lampard has been at Chelsea for more than 10 years and should be looking to see out his career at Stamford Bridge, instead of leaving under a cloud. Perhaps it is down to Villas-Boas, whose man-management is also in question, to convince the players to accept a lesser role, while still retaining their seniority in the dressing room. If it's good enough for Giggs and Paul Scholes, it's good enough for Lampard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

see what fat frank and the other oaps in chelsea have caused. . . . .debosky now has the chutzpah to say trash about chelsea.
this is a travesty - a travesty to football and the followers should arsenal finish above chelsea.

i saw this piece on guardian sports.

Lampard should follow Giggs's example

Perhaps it is down to Villas-Boas, whose man-management is also in question, to convince the players to accept a lesser role, while still retaining their seniority in the dressing room. If it's good enough for Giggs and Paul Scholes, it's good enough for Lampard.

This!!

As for it being a travesty, the only travesty here is nateevs still posting on NL after all his rubbish talk earlier in the season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2012
debosky:

This!!

what is this? i will slap that onitsha head of yours?
if you were villas-boas, how would you have handled the prima-donnas at chelsea who are mostly your age mates?

As for it being a travesty, the only travesty here is nateevs still posting on NL after all his rubbish talk earlier in the season.

the season is not over yet. grin
at this stage in 07/08, arsenal were 9 points ahead of chelsea and leading the table after 27 games.
i don't need to remind you where arsenal finished that season. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

what is this? i will slap that onitsha head of yours?
if you were villas-boas, how would you have handled the prima-donnas at chelsea who are mostly your age mates?

Personally? I'd have massaged their egos - made them feel good and tell them to prove those naysayers that said they were finished wrong. If Fergie can continue to squeeze performances out of oldies there's no reason AVB shouldn't copy that given his 'extensive' knowledge.

the season is not over yet. grin
at this stage in 07/08, arsenal were 9 points ahead of chelsea and leading the table after 27 games.
i don't need to remind you where arsenal finished that season. grin

Unless Chelski is going to win the title this season, nateevs rubbish comments at the beginning of the season remain a travesty! This has nothing to do with Arsenal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
debosky:

Personally? I'd have massaged their egos - made them feel good and tell them to prove those naysayers that said they were finished wrong. If Fergie can continue to squeeze performances out of oldies there's no reason AVB shouldn't copy that given his 'extensive' knowledge.

how often does fergie play giggs?

1608 league mins - lampard
1022 league mins - giggs.

the media don't go hyper when fergie leaves on the bench. . . .but the moment lampard finds himself on the bench with chelsea failing to win, the media go crazy and they blame the loss on the absence of fat frank. besides, giggs and scholes can be squeezed to get good performances because they are surrounded by more young players than what lampard is surrounded with. in chelsea, it's the blind trying to lead another blind man in a dank tunnel.

Unless Chelski is going to win the title this season, nateevs rubbish comments at the beginning of the season remain a travesty! This has nothing to do with Arsenal.

then wait until may before your comments come back to haunt you.
mathematically, liverpool can still win the title.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
Fergie can drop Giggs because the new guard are more than able to step in, Ashley young, Nani, Valencia have stepped up when required

When AVB played without Lampard for some games, He couldnt win any of the games vs Norwich, Swansea, Man Utd, Birningham and Napoli

With Lampard he was able to win two out of 3 games this year.

If they had younger players with the ability to step in Lampard and Drogba would have been forgotten

Seeing Cahills display recently, Any manager would still consider playing Terry cos Cahill doesnt seem up to it

Given Fernadud Torres inability to score a single goal since September What do you expect the manager to do? Continue playing Torres and get sacked or try playing Drogba who can get a goal here and there even in old age and save your job.

Which manager would stick with a striker, The main source of your goal when he can only score 2 league goals all season long
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Which manager would stick with a striker, The main source of your goal when he can only score 2 league goals all season long

fergie stuck with rooney after going a whole 9 months without a goal from open play!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

fergie stuck with rooney after going a whole 9 months without a goal from open play!

fergie was able to do that because other players were delivering

You want AVB to drop Drogba, Anelka and Lampard the team top scorers for years and Put in Torres who scored 2 all season long?

So who would be scoring when he drops the old guards?

The same players who couldnt win games vs Swansea, Norwich, Birmingham, Napoli etc?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

fergie was able to do that because other players were delivering

You want AVB to drop Drogba, Anelka and Lampard the team top scorers for years and Put in Torres who scored 2 all season long?

So who would be scoring when he drops the old guards?

The same players who couldnt win games vs Swansea, Norwich, Birmingham, Napoli etc?

so you admit torres isn't the only one not delivering for villas-boas? shocked shocked shocked shocked
holy moses! dayokanu's uncanny ability to move posts is legendary.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

so you admit torres isn't the only one not delivering for villas-boas? shocked shocked shocked shocked
holy moses! dayokanu's uncanny ability to move posts is legendary.

Other players have been disappointing as well among the new brigade by not putting in consistently good performance e.g Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill etc But the difference with someone like Luiz is atimes Luiz comes up with the good

While Torres has consistently failed 2 goals all season = Pappis Demba Cisse who has played just 3 games for Newcastle.

How do you start rationalising that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
Some are here arguing that Lamps should be rested the Giggs way.

Yet AVB is arguing that nothing has changed about Lamps game. . . AVB is just looking to play a different style. . .

“Perhaps he has been playing less than usual, but those are technical decisions that we make, according to what is best for the team.

“His stats this season are not different from the other seasons. Because of strategic reasons, we have made other choices.

“Against Napoli we played with two midfielders in front of the defence and Mata as a No.10. Those are decisions to have to make before every game in terms of what we think is best for the team.”

So no. . . . rumours of terminal physical decline are premature as I have proven earlier this season with the stat that Lamps covers more ground per minute than other Chelsea player.

Leave Coogar to be rant reh reh reh. . . . against Napoli, Coogar was the only one raving that Chelsea were playing fantastic because Mata was playing no 10. I thought maybe I was going blind watching the game but thank God no one else supported his view that Chelsea were playing fantastic. Infact its one of the worst games Ive seen from Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Other players have been disappointing as well among the new brigade by not putting in consistently good performance e.g Ivanovic, Luiz, Cahill etc But the difference with someone like Luiz is atimes Luiz comes up with the good

luiz is the most useless defender in the premier league.
i am sure he was never a natural defender @ the start of his career - lack of opportunities forced his will to become a defender.
yes, he's good attacking-wise but defensively, he's shyte!

While Torres has consistently failed 2 goals all season = Pappis Demba Cisse who has played just 3 games for Newcastle.
How do you start rationalising that?

it simply means newcastle and alan pardew play to the strengths of pappis demba cisse.
this does not mean cisse is a better striker than torres. one thing is certain you have to play with intelligent team-mates to flourish.
unfortunately, only mata plays with a consistent level of intelligence at chelsea. others have lost their football sense or too old to execute what's required.
torres is not the problem, the system is!

Ibime:

Leave Coogar to be rant reh reh reh. . . . against Napoli, Coogar was the only one raving that Chelsea were playing fantastic because Mata was playing no 10. I thought maybe I was going blind watching the game but thank God no one else supported his view that Chelsea were playing fantastic. Infact its one of the worst games Ive seen from Chelsea.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match?id=334832&league=UEFA.CHAMPIONS&cc=5739

except that the link above says that chelsea played well and deserved at least a draw from the game but your defence was a joke on the night.
if you can only produce one goal from 14 shots, then it's not mata that is at fault, your strikers on the night were lethargic.
chelsea had more possession, had 5 shots on target and could only produce one goal - napoli had 7 shots on target and scored 3 goals.
conversion rate reads napoli(almost 50%), chelsea(20%)

who is to blame? torres? grin you're a disgrace to football punditry.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dyabman(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2012
what's up with AVB and porto players i think am fed up seriously , is he really saying that?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7552221/AVB-making-transfer-plans

Gosh!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

luiz is the most useless defender in the premier league.
i am sure he was never a natural defender @ the start of his career - lack of opportunities forced his will to become a defender.
yes, he's good attacking-wise but defensively, he's shyte!

Luiz has a lot of bad moments in his Chelsea career but when it comes to taking the ball out of the back he is quite good at it, Something players like Pique, Jones, Hummels etc are known for. The team has also benefitted from his attacking drive more than once

Stats show that even as a defender he has scored the same number of goals as Torres in the EPL. They both came in at the same time. He was coming from outside EPL and had to acclamatize, Torres didnt have that issue.

As a footballer he has been more productive than Fernadud.

it simply means newcastle and alan pardew play to the strengths of pappis demba cisse.
this does not mean cisse is a better striker than torres. one thing is certain you have to play with intelligent team-mates to flourish.
unfortunately, only mata plays with a consistent level of intelligence at chelsea. torres is not the problem, the system is!

How do they play to the strenght of Cisse? Who are the players more intelligent that Mata in Newcastle?

others have lost their football sense or too old to execute what's required.

Some days ago, didnt you say that age doesnt matter in football?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Luiz has a lot of bad moments in his Chelsea career but when it comes to taking the ball out of the back he is quite good at it, Something players like Pique, Jones, Hummels etc are known for. The team has also benefitted from his attacking drive more than once

conveniently forgetting jones, hummels and pique know 5 things more about defending and david luiz knows nothing.
see - i am all for a defender who can score goals - every one must contribute their own quota but when the primary role of a player is neglected for tertiary roles then something is definitely wrong somewhere. . . . go and look at luiz's role in that game against napoli and the one against man utd.
he was pathetic!

Stats show that even as a defender he has scored the same number of goals as Torres in the EPL. They both came in at the same time. He was coming from outside EPL and had to acclamatize, Torres didnt have that issue.
As a footballer he has been more productive than Fernadud.

he has played more league minutes than torres and he often vacates his position to join issues that does not concern him

How do they play to the strenght of Cisse? Who are the players more intelligent that Mata in Newcastle?
Some days ago, didnt you say that age doesnt matter in football?

they have cabaye, ben arfa and demba ba. . . .
they have gutierrez, obertan and ryan taylor who understand wing play. . . .
unlike daniel sturridge who is the most useless team-mate any striker can dream of. . . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 8:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
coogar:

conveniently forgetting jones, hummels and pique know 5 things more about defending and david luiz knows nothing.
see - i am all for a defender who can score goals - every one must contribute their own quota but when the primary role of a player is neglected for tertiary roles then something is definitely wrong somewhere. . . . go and look at luiz's role in that game against napoli and the one against man utd.
he was pathetic!

Luiz has been bad as a defender but he has compensated partially by scoring goals. Some defenders are like that actually most Brazilian full backs suck at defending but are rated by how much they can attack.

he has played more league minutes than torres and he often vacates his position to join issues that does not concern him

Fernandud Torres STRIKER mins played 1216 goals scored 2

David Luiz role DEFENDER mins played 1260 goals scored 2

Imagine a defender who spends most of the time in his own half scoring same as a striker who spends most of the time in opposition Half.

they have cabaye, ben arfa and demba ba. . . .
they have gutierrez, obertan and ryan taylor who understand wing play. . . .
unlike daniel sturridge who is the most useless team-mate any striker can dream of. . . .

How come better players like Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, fabregas , Pedro, Villa, Lampard etc couldnt help Torres?

How come other strikers in the same Chelsea have scored more than Torres even Sturridge and Drogba have scored more goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
dayokanu:

Luiz has been bad as a defender but he has compensated partially by scoring goals. Some defenders are like that actually most Brazilian full backs suck at defending but are rated by how much they can attack.

luiz is not a full back. he's a centre-back.

Fernandud Torres STRIKER mins played 1216 goals scored 2
David Luiz role DEFENDER mins played 1260 goals scored 2
Imagine a defender who spends most of the time in his own half scoring same as a striker who spends most of the time in opposition Half.

would that have happened if torres is designated to take penalties/free-kicks?
he's £50m but his teammates treat him like he's bought for £1m. let's assume for a second cristiano ronaldo does not take penalties/freekicks for real madrid.
would he have scored as many as he has copped. goals help strikers to find their form. when the form is bad - all a striker needs is to step up and score a penalty and his confidence gets a boost. how would torres get such when you have lobotomized apes like lampard and drogba hugging the media attention all the time?

How come better players like Mata, Xavi, Iniesta, fabregas , Pedro, Villa, Lampard etc couldnt help Torres?

they helped his goal-tally in 2008 euros and 2006 world cup.
if you don't know something, keep quiet.
torres form became shyte when del bosque took over and the spanish side embraced 100% tiki-taka.
before then, torres benefited a lot from his spanish midfielders and he scored goals for fun.

How come other strikers in the same Chelsea have scored more than Torres even Sturridge and Drogba have scored more goals

drogba is a battler. whether he gets passes late or early, his physicality allows him to bully his markers n score.
he's a veteran, used to chelsea's style of play and he has the penalty/freekick option at all times to boost his confidence when the goal dries up.
a credit facility torres does not have.

sturridge is selfish. . . .he plays as a wing forward but whenever he gets the ball on the flank, his only option is to cut in and shoot.
other players would try and deliver a cross on the head of the strikers. . . .sturridge touches the ball more than torres and it should be so.
without the delivery from the wingers and midfielders, how's torres supposed to take the ball from cech and dribble past 11 markers and score?

there's an article on england's chances without rooney at the euros where sturridge n welbeck were discussed.
these are some of the comments made by football fans. . .

1.Sturridge has many attributes but his greed is shocking.
All those tame shots straight at the keeper when cutting in from the right are becoming his trade mark.

2.Wellbeck and Sturridge pairing has potential.
However, someone needs to take Sturridge aside and tell him to pass it every once in a while.

3.Sturridge is greedy, if he passes the ball instead of wasting shots then maybe he could cover while Rooney is out. They lack experience but this is the perfect chance for Fraizer, Welbeck or Holt? I dont see what is there to lose

4.Sturridge is a player I go back and forth on. I wish AVB would put some constraints on how he plays at Chelsea. Order him to look up and pass more. Sturridge can surely do it but would rather try and beat everyone and shoot from impossible angles. He always looks like he's got a goal in him, but in each game perhaps half a dozen team goalscoring opportunities are wasted 'cos he takes shots that aren't on/doesn't release the ball quick enough. A player who looks better in the highlights packages than in a real time game(though still highely promising.

5.Is anyone else quite pleased by Sturridge's "greediness?" I like the fact that he is put in a team full of internationals and a £50 million striker and says no, I believe I deserve my spot and I believe I am the better player. Its that kind of pig-headed self motivation that may have him performing well at a major tournament.

6.Two very good young players Sturrudge and Welbeck playing for two of the countries best teams. Not sure that would suit playing together though. Welbeck is more of the team player but needs to improve his finishing and be more clinical. Sturridge is a good finisher who needs to improve his teamwork and stop turning into trouble.

i rest my fuckin case. . . .  .sturridge is a liability!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2012
Una no dey tire? Even Chelsea fans realize it's more productive to speculate the diet of a Phoenix than discuss Torres and have since given up cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 1:09am On Feb 29, 2012
A case of taking panadol for another man's headache!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 5:40am On Feb 29, 2012
coogar:

luiz is not a full back. he's a centre-back.

would that have happened if torres is designated to take penalties/free-kicks?
he's £50m but his teammates treat him like he's bought for £1m. let's assume for a second cristiano ronaldo does not take penalties/freekicks for real madrid.
would he have scored as many as he has copped. goals help strikers to find their form. when the form is bad - all a striker needs is to step up and score a penalty and his confidence gets a boost. how would torres get such when you have lobotomized apes like lampard and drogba hugging the media attention all the time?

How many penalties has David Luiz scored? Even when Lampard and Drogba dont play Mata takes the penalties maybe we should blame Mata for the Torres problems too.

they helped his goal-tally in 2008 euros and 2006 world cup.
if you don't know something, keep quiet.

In Euro 2008 he scored how many goals? two. in 6 games when his teammate Villa copped 4 in 5 games

torres form became shyte when del bosque took over and the spanish side embraced 100% tiki-taka.
before then, torres benefited a lot from his spanish midfielders and he scored goals for fun.

2 goals in 6 games is scoring for fun? No wonder you think 2 league goals in a season is success.

drogba is a battler. whether he gets passes late or early, his physicality allows him to bully his markers n score.
he's a veteran, used to chelsea's style of play and he has the penalty/freekick option at all times to boost his confidence when the goal dries up. a credit facility torres does not have.

How come when Drogba and lamps dont play Torres still dont play penalties. Maybe mata is to blame

sturridge is selfish. . . .he plays as a wing forward but whenever he gets the ball on the flank, his only option is to cut in and shoot.
other players would try and deliver a cross on the head of the strikers. . . .sturridge touches the ball more than torres and it should be so.
without the delivery from the wingers and midfielders, how's torres supposed to take the ball from cech and dribble past 11 markers and score?

Does Sturridge take the ball from Cech to score? Does David Luiz take the ball from Cech to score, Does Villa take the ball from Casillas to score?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dyabman(m): 8:22am On Feb 29, 2012
This torres issue self is sickening, cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by FBS: 10:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Na wa ooo! I hear say Lamps has got competition for his place on the pitch. . .this is good news. I like competition, but may I ask against/with whom is he competing? Please ooo I really want to know?

AVB's man management skill is below zero. If I were the manager, I'd cajoled the "old guard" in proving their worth once more and not going on press saying some players don't support his project and style. What style? what project?

Anyways, we gast to win most of the remaining games else. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 29, 2012
A Possible 20 Points to be notched Up outta a Possible 27 all in 10 Games -- Now the 4th Place battles Ensues Proper cool cool cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 11:53am On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu:

How many penalties has David Luiz scored? Even when Lampard and Drogba dont play Mata takes the penalties maybe we should blame Mata for the Torres problems too.

exactly my point -
in a sane atmosphere apart from chelsea, the big budget players take these penalties.
ronaldo for real, rooney for man utd, messi for barcelona, etc.
@ chelsea, the mafians won't even let torres take set-pieces - pathetic.

In Euro 2008 he scored how many goals? two. in 6 games when his teammate Villa copped 4 in 5 games

he scored 2 goals in 2 different games. . . .david villa scored 4 goals in 2 different games.
villa had the benefit of scoring a hatrick against russia that boosted his tally - so what's the biggie.

torres was spain's highest goal scorer in the 2006 qualifiers, he scored 7 goals in 11 games for spain.
so it's idiotic for you and ibime to say he has not benefited from the fantastic midfielders in spain.

during the world cup itself, he scored 3 goals for spain - same as david villa.
torres was the joint highest goal scorer for spain with david villa - i reiterate, it's moronic of you to say torres has not benefited from xavi and iniesta.

2 goals in 6 games is scoring for fun? No wonder you think 2 league goals in a season is success.

stop goofing, torres featured in only 5 games for spain. he did not feature against greece(last group game)
he still made the team of that tournament in euro 2008?

how many goals did cristiano ronaldo score in the same tournament?

How come when Drogba and lamps dont play Torres still dont play penalties. Maybe mata is to blame

stop talking like a goat, abeg
instructions on who to take penalties must have been dished before the game. . . .do you really think any player can take the ball on the penalty spot n take it?
this is exactly what i am telling you - the hierarchy/mafians @ chelsea won't let it happen.

Does Sturridge take the ball from Cech to score? Does David Luiz take the ball from Cech to score, Does Villa take the ball from Casillas to score?

sturridge is a liability, he's a winger who gets to touch the ball more than torres who leads the line.
let's david beckham and ryan giggs shooting from the flanks - how many goals would ruud, yorke and andy cole have scored for man utd?
football is a team game - it's not about a brainless winger shooting from awkward angles to cement his place in the first team.

david luiz basically scores from set-pieces. vidic, vermaelen, samba, etc score from those on the regular.
villa is more at home with spain's tiki-taka cos he mixes it. before the 100% tiki-taka spain now plays under del bosque, torres was scoring for fun in spain.

under luis aragones, torres was a beast for spain - everything changed when spain started playing low-risk, slow-paced, boring football.
far majority of the goals they scored at euro 2008 under aragones were direct breaks. . . .mr dayokanu - your brain needs blood tonic. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
Everything changed when Torres had two knee injuries with surgery with Liverpool - he's never really recovered from that both mentally and physically.

Anything else is just blowing hot air.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
debosky:

Everything changed when Torres had two knee injuries with surgery with Liverpool - he's never really recovered from that both mentally and physically.
Anything else is just blowing hot air.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by lalaboi(m): 4:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
Bwahahahahahhaahahahah grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by ritchboy(m): 7:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
That dude looks like Jon Hamm.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
For the records

Torres scored 10 goals in 30 appearances under Luis Aragones

So much for scoring for fun
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 7:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu n debosky y r u bothering with coogar on dis issue.he understands football but has a few blind spots e.g fernando torres n anderson.
if a messenger was sent from heaven to tell coogar in charlton heston;s voice that Torres had truly lost form n tikitaka,takatiki n karakata weren't to blame he still wouldn't believe! so i rily doubt dt u mere mortals can do d job
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by afrodoc(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
@ritchboy i believe dts cary grant

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (101)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (6 - 0) On 10th February 2019 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.